• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My final emerald steel team

Exel 4.0

Banned
I've posted 2 other posts to try and get a good steel team, but this one is the best.
;306; @ choice band/shell bell
adamant
rock head
rock slide
earthquake
iron tail
double-edge

;227; @ leftovers (spiker)
impish
keen eye
drill peck
spikes
roar
rest/steel wing

;376; @ shell bell (exploder/attacker)
adamant
clear body
shadow ball
explosion
earthquake
meteor mash

;212; @leftovers (baton passer)
adamant/jolly
swarm
substitute
baton pass
swords dance
silver wind

after much accusation of not having a good defense against fire types, I've decided erase my last two and leave open space for them. I'm thinking about the following to be a fire destroyer (pick out the reason that I chose it)

ninetales
flash fire <= this is why
heat wave/ flamethrower
will-o-wisp
HP ground/water/rock
hypnosis/confuse ray/grudge

I chose it because it is not only resistant to all fire attacks, but they power it up. Options include houndoom too.

Last edited:

metafreak

Lakers for life.
Changes in Bold
Exel 4.0 said:
I've posted 2 other posts to try and get a good steel team, but this one is the best.
;306; @ choice band/shell bell (Fire destroyer)
adamant
rock head
rock slide
earthquake
iron tail
double-edge

meh

impish
keen eye
drill peck
spikes
roar
rest/steel wing

good

;376; @ shell bell (exploder/attacker)
adamant
clear body
shadow ball
explosion
earthquake
meteor mash
Maybe sludge bomb over shadow ball because i think Meteor mash will do the damage to ghosts and psychics just as well
;385; @ leftovers (special attacker)
modest
serene grace
calm mind
psychic
thunderbolt
refresh

i cant rate legendaries

adamant/jolly
swarm
substitute/agility/iron defense
baton pass
swords dance
silver wind

;205; @ leftovers/chesto berry (tanker)
impish
sturdy
body slam/return?
rest
EQ
explosion

i hoped i helped

Like I said in your other two threads, you have no way to stop Fire and Ground types...

Exel 4.0

Banned
Like I said before, ground types aren't really an issue due to steel's high defense, And how many times do I have to tell you, fire types are weak to ground and rock attacks and aggron isn't weak to fire, didn't you see that thingy in parenthesis that said aggron was a fire destroyer?

And like I said before...

Aggron is too slow to get an attack off first.

And...

Pokemon used Earthquake!
(100% damage)
It's super effective!
Aggron fainted!

and...

Pokemon used Cross Chop!
(100% damage)
It's super effective!
Aggron fainted!

What part of that don't you understand?

And Steel types are weak against Fire and Ground. Some are weak against Fighting, but the good Steel Pokemon have a second type that neutralize the Fighting weakness.

Get on Netbattle, and I'll show you why it won't work. Smogon server.

Last edited:

Exel 4.0

Banned
like I said before, aggron's defense is too high to be defeated by a ground or fighting move (focus punch doesn't count because he can make them lose focus) in 1 turn. get that through your head. You can continue to argue with me if you like, but this is going nowhere.

And aggron is the only steel type that isn't weak to fire (and to pay for that, he is weak to water) because he's part rock as well. Even if there was a type that used fire moves and killed aggron, all of the powerful fire moves have a downside anyway: fire blast has low accuracy, overheat reduces special attack, and blast burn throws away 1 turn, therefor allowing me to have enough time for foretress or metagross to kill the fire with earthquake.

Aggron has a 4x weakness to Ground and Fighting-type moves, so all that Defense won't help.

Get on Netbattle now. Smogon server. Bring your Steel team along so I can 6-0 it.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
Exel 4.0 said:
;306; @ choice band/shell bell (Fire destroyer)
adamant
rock head
rock slide
earthquake
iron tail
double-edge

this thing sucks... but i guess

impish
keen eye
drill peck
spikes
roar
rest/steel wing

rest>steel wing

;376; @ choice band(exploder/attacker)
adamant
clear body
sludge bomb
explosion
earthquake
meteor mash

;385; @ leftovers (special attacker)
modest
serene grace
calm mind
psychic
thunder
ice punch

thunder due to 60% parlize (sp) with serene grace

adamant/jolly
swarm
substitute
baton pass
swords dance
silver wind

fine

;205; @ leftovers/chesto berry (tanker)
impish
sturdy
spikes
rest
EQ
explosion

you dont need two tanks IMO

stop fighting....

and this team will be named another one of those failed steel teams

Exel 4.0

Banned
I don't get it, WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT SKARMORY TO HAVE ONE ATTACKING MOVE?!?!?! and whats the problem with aggron? he's a choice bander, not another tanker. Spikes is already on skarmory anyways. Thunder sucks on everything except pokemon with rain dance and kyogre. What really annoys me though is the metagross thing, theres no problem with shadow ball.

Oh, and chaos, if I was interested (and knew how to netbattle) I'd take your whole team out with 3 pokemon if I used my emerald, so don't ever talk about battling me.

Last edited:
Exel 4.0 said:
I don't get it, WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT SKARMORY TO HAVE ONE ATTACKING MOVE?!?!?!

Hello, my name is Wall. If you want the CB set, though, it's @Choice Band, Fly, Drill Peck, Wing Attack, Air Cutter ._.

and whats the problem with aggron? he's a choice bander, not another tanker. Spikes is already on skarmory anyways

He may not directly Tank, but he is able to, which is what matters. Look at Kyogre. Its Base Sp. Defense is enormous, but it still Sweeps.

Thunder sucks on everything except pokemon with rain dance

Example? What Pokémon really Thunderdances? ._.

and kyogre

That's all.

What really annoys me though is the metagross thing, theres no problem with shadow ball.

Except for that fact that it's pointless.

Oh, and chaos, if I was interested (and knew how to netbattle) I'd take your whole team out with 3 pokemon if I used my emerald, so don't ever talk about battling me.

Serious LAIT, there. From what I know, Chaos won't ever be beaten by some random newb, much less with three Pokémon.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

Exel 4.0

Banned
~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
Hello, my name is Wall. If you want the CB set, though, it's @Choice Band, Fly, Drill Peck, Wing Attack, Air Cutter ._.

He may not directly Tank, but he is able to, which is what matters. Look at Kyogre. Its Base Sp. Defense is enormous, but it still Sweeps.

Example? What Pokémon really Thunderdances? ._. NONE! that was the point

That's all. exactly

Except for that fact that it's pointless.are you asleep or something?!?! sludge bomb is a good move, but shadow ball completely destroys all psychic pokemon (which are used more than usually). And besides that, it kicks butt. Did you know that ghost is also a physical attack? huh? did ya? that is why all the good websites suggest it on metagross (along with sludge bomb, but I prefer shadow ball) and if shadow ball is pointless then so is sludge bomb

Serious LAIT, there. From what I know, Chaos won't ever be beaten by some random newb, much less with three Pokémon. I'm not going to imply something, or lie, so I'll just be blunt. I own the great combination of being able to have access to elitegurus.net (which gives out the most commonly suggested movesets for each pokemon) and an action replay. His knowledge of this game is probably about 10 times as much as mine, but I'm not stupid enough to say something without backing it up with something else, those 3 pokemon I was talking about would have all 999 stats. I know enough about an AR to at least sneak a pokemon with either 999 in all stats or max IV's into smogon.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

10 character limit

B

Bodle26

Dude you'd get THRASHED on Netbattle with this team you really should listen to Chaos.

Pokemon used Earthquake!
(100% damage)
It's super effective!
Aggron fainted!

and...

Pokemon used Cross Chop!
(100% damage)
It's super effective!
Aggron fainted!

aipomkong

prophecy fulfilled
haha exel dude lol

you do know there is no way to put AR codes into nb and ****, plus even if you hacked them in, you wouldn't even get into the server, as it'll detect your shitty *** hacking

btw, it's chaos, no capital

Exel 4.0

Banned
Okay, okay, so I can't beat chaos in a fair netbattle, that still doesn't change the fact that sludge bomb is as good as shadow ball on metagross. And if you people are complaining about my low defense on fire pokemon, then cut the crap and actually give me a suggestion on a steel pokemon that would be a good fire destroyer. If chaos is a great battler (that is what everyone is implying) then maybe he could give me a better suggestion.

So I'll admit it; I have no defense against fire pokemon (I learned this in the battle pyramid when all the pokemon were fire, I got to the 7th floor and almost battled the pyramid leader). Let me say one thing, not one single post has given me a good moveset to help my team with fire pokemon, all there is is complaints.

Oh and as for you Omastar, I looked at all the rules on netbattling on smogon. I didn't find anything saying that I couldn't bring in AR altered pokemon (it might not have been all of the rules though). Only uber restrictions, move restrictions, etc.

Last edited:
There are no Steel Pokemon that can take on Fire types. Your best bet is Jirachi, and it doesn't like Earthquakes or Flamethrowers/Fire Blasts/Overheats.

Haha, why do you guys think I'm chaos from Smogon? Because I'm not him. -.- Smogon chaos' name on this forum is chaos on the internet (if I remember correctly).

I was Ace_ at first, but I changed my user name to chaos952, as that is the name I use on the most of the forums I post at and most of the games I play.

Oh, and I've changed my NetBattle name from BattleBot to chaos952.

Just to clear things up.

haha. Newbie

I predict that you will use aggron to counter blaziken or some other ramdom fire **** on NB.

If you want to lead with aggron, teach it counter and max defence/hp and pwn one pkmn but that's about it. .______.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
ok let me "kindly" explain to you why sludge bomb is better than sludge bomb

ok there is a ludicolo.... (fit any grass type) Meteor Mash doesnt do anything to it... now u have sludge bomb... boom its dead

now theres is a ghost u use meteor mash its dead.... therefore you dont need the shadow ball

now here is a psychic pokemon.... with their pathetic defences.... they die by anything physical... with STABBED 120 based Meteor mash... its dead... now do you see why sludge bomb>shadow ball on metagross???

ok now for thunder on jirachi

there is a water pokemon T-bolt... dead
same case with thunder... dead

if there is another pokemon... lets see like an ice pokemon
T-bolt alive with half health
Thunder dead or almost dead with parlize (sp)

with serene grace.... the percent of parlize doubles... paying up for the accuracy loss... also... thunder is 85%.... its good enough

Wasn't thunder 75?