• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Fire Red team

Scythy

Hi everyone,

I was looking around the web for a Pokemon forum, and i thought this one is was looking nice. So hi! ^.^

I guess it's my 5'th Fire Red run now, and i've been trying to create a pretty original Pokemon team. It has not been my intention to make a complete powerfull team, but more like a team that "fits me".

I just obtained my 6'th badge, and caught my Zapdos (not gonna use, since im not really into legendary's).

This is my team:

Flareon lv. 32:
Flamethrower (Bought at Game Corner)
Toxic
Bite
QA

Electabuzz lv. 32 (JUST caught):
Thunderpunch
Leer
Light Screen
Swift

Dodrio lv. 34:
Fly
Aerial Ace
Pursuit
Tri Attack

Scyther lv. 34:
Wing Attack
Steel Wing
Slash
Agility

Golduck lv. 33:
Surf
Psych up
Disable
Confusion

Marowak lv. 38:
Bone Club
Bonemerang
Strength
Headbutt

I would like some advice regarding the movesets. Some of the ability's will come by time, but i guess some of you guys have a good idea what would be good for the individual Pokemon.

Thanks!

Reamer182

ShellBack Trainer
If marowak has rock head i would definitely give him double edge. As for golduck i would teach him ice beam, it will help out with the elite 4

Emeraldfan

Assuming you don't want to bother with natures...

Flareon
~ Flamethrower
~ Return
~ Shadow Ball

Due to Flareon's higher base attack, Shadow Ball is more viable than Bite. Return is more powerful than Quick Attack.

Electabuzz
~ Thunderbolt
~ Ice Punch
~ Fire Punch
~ Brick Break

Ice and Fire Punch require breeding though...

Dodrio
~ Fly
~ Return
~ Drill Peck
~ Tri Attack / Steel Wing

I do believe that you've already used the Steel Wing TM? This is pretty much the best it can do. Two STAB moves, and Steel Wing for coverage.

Scyther
~ Swords Dance
~ Aerial Ace / Wing Attack
~ Slash / Return
~ Fury Cutter / Silver Wind

Silver Wind is a lot better than Fury Cutter, but requires breeding. Steel Wing doesn't offer a whole lot on Scyther coverage wise.

Golduck
~ Surf
~ Ice Beam
~ Psychic
~ Calm Mind

Standard is standard, right?

Marowak @ Thick Club
~ Bonemerang
~ Double Edge (if Rock Head ability)
~ Rock Slide
~ Swords Dance

STAB, and double coverage. Thick Club boosts your attack, as does Swords Dance.