• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First 5th Gen RMT... obviously

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
HI! Seeing as this is the 5th Gen In-Game RMT, don't yell at me for EVlessness or whether or not a starmie/heatran/infernape etc. murders my team. I'm only really interested in the new pokemon, so don't suggest any oldies.... or Dream World abilities ;D Thanks
Also, on one last note, I'm getting WHITE

503.png

Daikenki @???
Torrent
Mild/Rash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Night Slash
Starter. Won't get rid of him as I'm in an agreement that the first battle with me and my friends must include our starters, so I should raise it.

623.png

Goruugo @???
Iron Fist
Adamant
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Shadow Punch
- Hammer Arm

My flier. Would've used Wargle, but I think this guy looks cooler and I get it slightly earlier

530.png

Doryuuzu @???
Sand Throw
Adamant
- Swords dance
- Cut --> Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Strength --> X-Scissor

Unfortunately, this guy ends up as a sort-of HM slave. It's the earliest thing I get after daikenki.

609.png

Shanderaa @Choice Scarf?
Flash Fire
Timid
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy ball

Special attacker, and I love this guy. Won't get rid of him whatsoever.

625.png

Kirikizan @???
Competitive Spirit
Jolly
- Night slash
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Return

Power Ranger as a pokemon? Great. Like this guy, but open to suggestions on other 'mon due to the fact he is late in the storyline, like Goruugo. Great attack.

563.png

Desukan @Leftovers
Mummy
Modest
-Shadow Ball
-Will-O-Wisp
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball

This thing is competing with Murkrow and Drifblim as my favourite pokemon of all time. Not getting rid of. Ever. (Holy popsickle, my favourites are either gothic or dead x_x ) Great defencively and nasty plot makes for a viable Special Attacker. :)

On a final note, feel free to replace things here with any other Isshu pokemon EXCEPT: Emboar, Jaroda, Gigaiasu (darn you trade evolution :( ), Roopushin (don't like him anyway), Erufuun, Zoroark, Gochiruzeru, Shubarugo, Barujiina and any legendary.

However, I'm definitely keeping Desukan and Doryuuzu unless I can be persuaded into believing that there is something better.
With convincing, I'll change Shanderaa and Daikenki (and Goruugo - but suggest another Flier).

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Dive and Waterfall is way after the E4 (Dive is the most useless, seeing as there's only 4 spots you can use it on, and it's only for collecting items)

Daikenki
Mild/Rash Nature
~Surf/Boiling Water
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Aerial Ace/Night Slash

Last move is only for Shedinja, really.

Daikenki
Adamant Nature
~Revenge
~Night Slash
~Waterfall
~Swords Dance

Revenge to utilize its low Speed, and it gives great coverage along with Night Slash.

For Goruggo, get the one with Iron Fist ability.

Goruggo
Adamant Nature
~Shadow Punch
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Fly

Fly is okay, you'll be using only the first three moves most of the time anyway.

Doryuuzu is fine, just replace Strength with X-Scissor. You will never needs Strength anymore once you've dropped all the stones in Isshu down the hole - they remains permanently there.

Not sure about the others.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
Dive and Waterfall is way after the E4 (Dive is the most useless, seeing as there's only 4 spots you can use it on, and it's only for collecting items)

Daikenki
Mild/Rash Nature
~Surf/Boiling Water
~Ice Beam
~Grass Knot
~Aerial Ace/Night Slash

Last move is only for Shedinja, really.

For Goruggo, get the one with Iron Fist ability.

Goruggo
Adamant Nature
~Shadow Punch
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Fly

Fly is okay, you'll be using only the first three moves most of the time anyway.

Doryuuzu is fine, just replace Strength with X-Scissor. You will never needs Strength anymore once you've dropped all the stones in Isshu down the hole - they remains permanently there.

Not sure about the others.

Thank you for replying :)

Diakenki will stay mainly special and will keep Surf - I try for 1/2 and 1/2 special and physical and shanderaa and desukan - the other 2 specials, desukan is a tank and thus has a relatively bad spA.

Regarding Kirikizan (and possibly shanderaa/goruugo), who's helpful throughout the storyline that I can get reasonably early on i.e. first 4 gyms?

Will edit main post :D

Aurath8

For Goroogu:
Goroogu
Adamant/Iron Fist
-Hammer Arm/Focus Punch
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake/Substitute
-Fly

Fighting/Ghost over Quake Edge IMO. Hammer Arm is the no.1 option. Focus Punch is more powerful and gets Iron Fist boost, but requires Pyschic levels of prediction or Substitute. That leads to you possibly losing Earthquake, which is bad almost everywhere. Fly for utility.

And for Desukan:
-Evil Eye/Shadow Ball
-Will-O-Wisp/Toxic
-Nasty Plot
-Energy Ball

Who cares for tanking? I certainly don't. Shadow Ball is more reliable as it is powerful before the opponent is statused. Status, Will-o-Wisp is preferred. Nasty Plot. Muhahahaahaaaa! Gives you pretty awesome power. Energy Ball for coverage.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
^ I must've missed Nasty Plot.... oops. Using your Desukan now :)

I'm guessing Hammer Arm doesn't get the Iron Fist boost, but I'll have it anyway. That also means no Sub.