• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first banners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
I am experienced in spriting, and I thought that I'd try out banners.

charmander.gif

newoddilexbanner.gif

They are very simple now, but I plan on getting more complex with experience.

Last edited:

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
forestbanner.gif

Here is another one. I'm experimenting with the different affects I can use.

Luigi

Interasting Ilex.The Charmander one is cute,the Ilex one you could use in your sig,and the ...From the heart of the forest... seems myterious and cool.I love these banners.Very artistic.

Xiang

Ditto that. Nice mix of colors! (Charmander with fire) The background for the third one is cool and calm. Nice. ^^

Ratiasu

Savage

P!nk
I Agree

Ratiasu said:
Ditto that. Nice mix of colors! (Charmander with fire) The background for the third one is cool and calm. Nice. ^^

Ratiasu

I must admit, scenery is a fantastic background for banners, it's a great job.

*Clears Throat*

>
forestbanner.gif
One of the hardest things on banners, is finding a good colour for the text. When you mastered this, your almost experienced in banner deigning. I understand you wanted to use a green text for this particular banner, yet a Pale Green effect would have worked equally as well, there is much experimenting with colours needed for the text.

>
newoddilexbanner.gif
I don't mean to offend, but the `Ilex` picture looks a bit cut and pasty, with the different programs you use, you can use different editing effects, but, I'm probably just used to just the plain `Ilex` text in your signature.

>
charmander.gif
There's not much I can say about this one, it's fantastic! A little bit of text colour, but overall, a fantastic job!

Could you tell us what graphics program you are using, because that usually reflects on the final result of the banner.

In summing up:
A FANTASTIC first try and I think you are well on your way to mastering banners!

Just so you know, I could even pic out flaws in Mimori kiryu and Yukitasi's banners, (My two fave banner makers) (No I'm not saying they're any better than other banner designers), so don't feel bad I critiqued your work so awfully!

I'm just being an art critic.

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
I'm using Photofiltre. It's a downloadable one. I plan on getting Paint Shop Pro for Christmas though.

Savage

P!nk
That's a great program for banners I believe. Most of the banner makers in the request thread use it.

The update on the banner in your Sig is much better!

Your getting better by the minute ^_^

Ilex

Oddish plzkthnxbai
Thanks, but I can't seem to figure out how to add cool fonts. All I can do is use regular fonts with fill affects and shadows and stuff.

Waterlight

Oceanic Legend
You can download more fonts off sites like Acidfonts and others.

Anyway, these are quite a good start at making banners, and I really like the one you have in your sig. ^^

Definitely not my style, but all I can say is wrong with the fire one and the 3rd one is simplicity. And that's just my opinion. The pictures on the ilex one could've used a bit better blending and image quality in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.