• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Chaos

slm2

Loose Cannon
Hello yes these are my first evers chaos :) Mew was my first and then Pikachu.
MewChao.png

PikaChao.png

Please rate them and tell me what you think :)

EDIT: I did white be gone and it worked but it only changed to black, lol.

mew looks adorable! XD you forgot to take away the head point though

slm2

Loose Cannon
lol thanks for reminding me XD

EDIT: I have made another, LickiLicky with only one comment from me: This is the first (and probably last) time I will find Lickilicky cute XD.
LickiLickyChao.jpg

Last edited:
no prob. One other thing i noticed was that they have 2 different kinds of outlines.

slm2

Loose Cannon
I wanted to choose something a bit more challenging
Here is my Shaymin Chao
ShayminChao.png

I found it a bit difficult because their is only 1 sprite of Shaymin.
Please Comment

rippersteveM5

i hAVe A n05e
Great work with your first three chaos

With chaos, the pokemon is usually facing you (shaymin isn't), but otherwise, good job. You might have to scratch or partially scratch some parts of shaymin if you want it to face the front, though.

Great job

slm2

Loose Cannon
ok thanks for the comments ^^

Jackson: thanks ill start making a jirachi right away and post it even if it looks like a gengar lol

RippersteveM5: yeh i know what you mean but this is the template of the chao lying down and i just scratched the flowers on the back and some eyes

flame master 14: thanks i'll keep that in mind :)

Gladeshadow

I like these they're cute >_<
I love the LickiLicky!
Keep up the good work :D

slm2

Loose Cannon
Wow I am very pleased with the good comments :D:D Thank You
and here is the Jirachi I said I would do
JirachiChao.png

i personally don't like this chao because it looks like a meteorite landed on him(proboably because I am pretty terrible at scratching).

-slm2

dartz

Bad,Very bad.

mewmew202

Bad,Very bad.

great advice dartz. I will let the thread creater take care of this. The chaos I think are really good. Some like the shaymin could use some work. As stated before you will need to scratch it to get it to face forward. I am not gonna be harsh with mew cause it was your first and you improved since then the only thing to note is the tail is off. You might want to fix that sometime. But great job on these. I am looking forward to seeing more of your work.

slm2

Loose Cannon
Dartz: Well you are very helpful!! If you are going to give a bad comment atleast make it helpful

MewMew202: Ok thanks i'll edit them in my spare time

Kauser79

Kauser il più grande
For the last time, people CHAO. CHAO is the plural of Chao.

As for the sprites, I seem to be seeing some parts from the actual Pokémon sprites, always make your own parts.
All of them are very lopsided. When making pixel art and sprites, pixel precision is always necessary.

pokemonster2191

turtles=pwnage
Every thread entitled "My first chaos" is guaranteed to suck.

1st of all, don't listen to anyone here who says "wow they're really good. Keep up the good work." These people are here for a + Post Count. Yes that means you Gladeshow.

2nd of all, never copy and paste parts when making chao. As seen in your's, it makes them look unbalanced, unprofessional, and ugly. Stop relying on copy and paste, make your own chao with all of your own parts, post those here, and then we can truly critique your work and help you improve.

slm2

Loose Cannon
You think i'm listening to you,pokemonester? and what the hell did i not scratch except shaymins flower and mews tail (which was my first!)
I am learning I don't want a good thread just opinions and help!

Why is everyone so mean to each other? In my opinion, Mew's tail and Shaymin are the only things that need improvement, but that's been said already so I'll just sound like a broken record if I go into too much detail.

31st Funk

Superunknown.
Why is everyone so mean to each other? In my opinion, Mew's tail and Shaymin are the only things that need improvement, but that's been said already so I'll just sound like a broken record if I go into too much detail.

Then I encourage you not to post AT ALL. Rules specify that one liners are not allowed, thus, resulting as spam.

You did not scratch everything in your Chao, I have a template with all the poses you used, first point. You saved your Chao as JPEG, second bad point. I don't see Shaymin's snout, all I see is a black dot. You need serious improvement, but I know you'll do better later.

Oh, and you are posting here to have your work criticized, even if a post is harsh, it's still a constructive post, and you shouldn't ignore it because it was harsh. But, if they get rude, and eventually insult your work, you have all right to tell a mod. Take that in consideration.

Rikku

you're so mean! :@:@

1st of all, don't listen to anyone here who says "wow they're really good. Keep up the good work." These people are here for a + Post Count. Yes that means you Gladeshow.

2nd of all, never copy and paste parts when making chao. As seen in your's, it makes them look unbalanced, unprofessional, and ugly. Stop relying on copy and paste, make your own chao with all of your own parts, post those here, and then we can truly critique your work and help you improve.

I have to agree with you.

slm2,you see pokemonster2191's chao example,he/she didnt copied the parts from the pokemon game sprite,for example,your mew chao,you copy the mew's tail and paste it there.

Same as me before,I cant really make good chao,but a comment and an advise from my friend on how to sractch parts.and I am not saying that my chao's are better but,just an advise to you that you need to scratch those pokemon parts.