• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Competetive Team

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Ok, this is my first team. If you have any suggestions about ow to improve my team, just say so and I only want helpful critisism(wow, i need to learn to spell) here they are

Red Smite/Gyarados-Item:Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 Spd/6 hp
Waterfall/Dragon Dance/Ice Fang/Earthquake
Comments:Had 2 battles with him. First battle-won 6-0 thanks to him,second battle, 1-0 again, thanks to him

Gas Guyess/Weezing-Black Sludge
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Defence/6 sp def
Haze/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Will-O-Wisp
Comments:Survived 5/7 battles i've used him in

Gengar
Hasty Nature-Focus Sash
252 Speed/252 Sp.Atk/6 HP
Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Shadow Ball(everyone happy now?)
Comments:Awesome Sp. Sweeper. Gets 1 kill a match on a win, and still 1 if i lose

Lard Lady/Blissey-Leftovers
Bold Nature
252 defence/252 hp/6 sp def
Calm Mind/Ice Beam/Softboiled/Thunder Wave
Comments:No comment

Necro Bob/Electivire-Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk/252 speed/6 hp
Cross Chop/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
Comments:My favourite pokemon, always helps me out in some way

GearGolem/Bronzong-Leftovers/Focus Sash
Relaxed Nature
252 Defence/126 Sp. Def/126 HP/6 attack
Explosion/Gyro Ball/Extrasensory/Hypnosis
Comments:Hes good at stalling opponents and killing with explosion

Thats my team, if you know anything that'd help, just say

Last edited:

zapdragon14

High as the sky 8D
lol, failed to mention that the battles red smite won were both against the same noob :p

Anyway, team looks ok i think, but gengar lacks any STAB moves, maybe swap something for shadowball. oh, and timid's usually better for sp.sweepers.

GarthMarenghi_Dreamweaver

on that kryptonite
Why does this format keep being used? List items, and show Electivire's EV's please.
If you're going to lead with gyara, then standard Bulkydos, with 212Hp/16Atk/180Def/100Spe. Taunt may prove more useful against alot of leads, but it's preferance.

Why put Dark Pulse>Shadow Ball on Gengar? You need the stab, I don't know what item you're using him with, but I'd suggest Choice Scarf, and i'm not so sure if you need both Energy Ball and T-Bolt, maybe Hypnosis/Destiny bond, would be better than EB.

If i were you I'd go with MixVire.
MixVire@Expert Belt
Mild
76Atk/252SpA/180Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Hp[Ice] / Ice Punch (Depends on how easily you can get Hp[Ice]
-Cross Chop

Bronzong's ev's are messed up; I always go with the standard, as it's effective
Bronzong@Leftovers
Relaxed
252Hp/152Atk/96Sp.Def/8Def
-Gyro Ball
-Explosion/EQ
-Hypnosis
-Stealth Rock

Apart from that team looks ok,.

xgina

Banned
mix infernape weak

dont say gyarados as it is not holding any item apparently (!) and you have no wish support to stop it from getting worn down

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Gyarados isn't my lead, Bronzong is. And I've not had time to gather TM's for my team at the current time, I have 2 gyaras-red smite is DDer and the other, known as Tuna Paste is a flailados

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
Surf is a special attack based move. Waterfall is physical, so it gets STAB and boosts from dragon dance where surf, only gets STAB

phantom1113

Not a random nub
Ok, this is my first team. If you have any suggestions about ow to improve my team, just say so and I only want helpful critisism(wow, i need to learn to spell) here they are

Red Smite/Gyarados-Item:leftovers
adamant nature
212hp/16atk/180def/100spe
Waterfall/Dragon Dance/taunt/stone edge
Comments:Had 2 battles with him. First battle-won 6-0 thanks to him,second battle, 1-0 again, thanks to him

this is called a bulky gyara, can survive A LOT of hits and give themt too. taunt stops things from lowering your stats while you set up. waterfall/stone edge gives better coverage.

Gas Guyess/Weezing-Black Sludge
Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Defence/6 sp def
Haze/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/flame thrower or fire blast
Comments:Survived 5/7 battles i've used him in

a good physical wall in general. you want fire attack for hera/breloom etc. you can go will-o-wisp>haze if you want to cripple physical sweepers

Gengar
timid nature Nature-Focus Sash/wide lens
252 Speed/252 Sp.Atk/6 HP
Focus Blast/Thunderbolt/hypnosis/shadow ball
Comments:Awesome Sp. Sweeper. Gets 1 kill a match on a win, and still 1 if i lose

wtf darkpulse?? shadow ball gets STAB...
hypnosis to sleep oponont, wide lens is a vialbe option aswell, since it increasers the acuracy of focus blast and hypnosis whitch can be a great help in battle.

Lard Lady/Blissey-Leftovers
Bold Nature
148hp/252def/104satk/4spe
seismic toss/Ice Beam/Softboiled/Thunder Wave
Comments:No comment

if you cant get seismic toss aromatherapy>seismic toss

Necro Bob/Electivire-Life Orb
adamant nature
104hp/252atk/152spe
Cross Chop/Earthquake/Ice Punch/Thunderpunch
Comments:My favourite pokemon, always helps me out in some way

you don't need that much speed since you have gyarados. when you predict an electric attack on gyaraods switch to this and it gets a speed boost enought to outspeed jolt/aereo/crobat.

GearGolem/Bronzong-Leftovers/Focus Sash
Relaxed Nature
252 HP / 152 Atk / 8 Def / 96 SpD
earthquak/Gyro Ball/stealthrock/Hypnosis
Comments:Hes good at stalling opponents and killing with explosion

this set works better, you can lead with this over gyarados, to sleep one pokemon and get stealthrock out. you don't use focus sash on deffencive pokemon

Thats my team, if you know anything that'd help, just say
You have a weakness for tboah. it kill gyara/blissey/vire/gengar.
only thing that mighgt work is bronzong but I dont think it can survive everything.

Lmao At Flailados!!!!

Good Moveset for Gyrados But isnt Surf Stronger then waterfall?

gyarados attack is higher then satk AND it has dragon dance to get its attack up, so waterfall is defenatly stronger

UmbreonLord

5th Gen OU
I know, Tyraniboah isn't something i've seen used against me, looking it up i see that my team will get owned by it