• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Competitive Team

Brave Birdy

http://i42.*******.com/u7o9j.jpghttp://i41.*******.com/2i8zoz4.jpg
Rhyperior.png
Forretress.png
crobat.gif
http://i39.*******.com/294j4pc.jpg

dragonite.png

Dragonite @Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Quite
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Extreme Speed
-Earthquake
252 Atk/ 252 SpAtk / 4 Speed

I got this set from smogon a while ago and EV trained this Dragonite for my SS team. I figured now would be a good time to put it into action as an anti-lead on this team. Dragonite should be able to KO other leads in either 1 or 2 hits. Inner focus prevents her from flinching, which some leads rely on. Should I predict that she'll be hit by either an ice or dragon attack, I can always return her to send out Forretress. Also, once her role as an anti-lead has been filled, I can always bring Dragonite back in later in the game for a bit of a sweep.

staraptor.png

Staraptor@Choice Band/Scarf
Trait: Intimidate
Nature: Adamant
-Quick Attack
-Return
-Brave Bird
-Close Combat
252 Speed / 252 Atk / 4 HP

Staraptor's set is pretty simple, she'll be acting as a physical sweeper. The only thing I need help on with Staraptor is deciding between choice band and scarf. The biggest obstacle the Staraptor should face is Stealth Rock, so I'll have to rely on Forretress to remove any entry hazards before playing Staraptor.

rhyperior.png

Rhyperior @Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
Nature: Impish
-Stealth Rock
-Earth Quake
-Rest
-Megahorn
252 HP / 182 Def / 76 Atk

This Rhyperior is designed to act as a tank. With perfect HP and defense IVs, Rhyperior should be able to take a few hits, deal massive damage, use rest, and start all over. The main thing I'll have to worry about with Rhyperior is Surf, so whenever I'm predicting a surf, I'll have to return him and send out somebody else to take the hit (preferably Jolteon). My main question with Rhyperior is if I would need more bulk to pull off rest on this set.

205forretress.gif

Forretress @leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
Nature: Careful/Impish
-Spikes
-Toxic Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Payback
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def

Pretty simple, Forretress serves two main purposes on this team: 1) Absorb ice and dragon moves for Dragonite, and 2) Remove Steal Rock so Staraptor and Jolteon can enter safely. Forretress should also be able to, if necessary, absorb a surf attack for Rhyperior.

crobat.png

Crobat @Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
Nature: Jolly
-U-Turn
-Hypnosis
-Pursuit
-Brave Bird

Crobat is mainly on the team for sleep support, either allowing one of my pokemon to switch into a sleeping pokemon or Pursuiting the opponent's pokemon as the switch them for another. U-Turn is so I can deal damage as I recall Crobat to his pokeball.

jolteon.png

Jolteon @Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
Nature: Timid
-Fake Tears
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave
-Signal Beam
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP

Jolteon serves as a special sweeper for the team. I could switch Jolteon in on a pokemon which has the disadvantage against Jolteon, then use fake tears as the opponent switches, then KOing them with either Tbolt or Signal Beam. I'm just not sure if I should keep Twave or switch it with a special attack, giving me more type coverage.​