• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first competitive team

cooldeadpunk777

First of all this is my first competitive team. I would like to apologize for anyone who has seen my other rate my team for the lack of info. Also I would like to say that this list will include 8 Pokemon. The extra two are to replace the two ubers on my main team.

The first four (Pokemon that will stay)

Tyranitar@ Quick Claw
Ability: Sand stream
Nature: Jolly
252hp/252spe/4def
Stealth Rock
Roar
Crunch
Toxic

Tyranitar is my lead pokemon. Though not the highest base speed Pokemon his beneficial nature and the EV's invested in speed along with the quick claw will let him out speed some things. The main point of Tyranitar on my team is to set up rocks and sandstorm then either toxic the opponent or force them to switch into rocks by using roar.

Heatran@ Grip Claw
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
252hp/252spe/4def

Magma Storm
Toxic
Rest
Explosion

Heatran. Oh so much fun I have planned for him. Using magma storm after a toxic with grip claw will keep the opposing Pokemon trapped for all 6 turns of toxic if it takes that long. There's no guarantee Heatran would be able to survive these 6 turns so rest is used to keep him going. If something can stand up to Heatran explosion is a last resort to make sure they won't get off Scott free. If sandstorm and rocks are still up from Tyranitar, TrapToxic will take even less time.

Jirachi@ Wise Glasses
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature: Sassy
252spAtk/252spdef/4sp

Psychic
Thunder
Draco Meteor
Healing Wish

Jirachi is my special sweeper. If you don't know Jirachi has Draco Meteor from an event. Being able to take out alot of the field and getting STAB from Psychic and the boosted chance of paralysis for Thunder Jirachi is a great sweeper. Also not taking damage from Tyranitar's sandstorm this makes a great addition. Being able to use Draco meteor to easily OHKO most dragons not built around special defense packs a nice surprise. Healing wish is used in case Jirachi is countered and I can bring a revenge killer in.

Lapras@ Zoom Lens
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Quiet
252hp/252sAtk/4sDef

Blizzard
Hydro Pump
Thunder
Calm Mind

Lapras Aka the only Pokemon on this team not meant to go first. His hindering nature and already low speed allow him to almost always go second in the turn. As long as he survives the hit, Lapras will get an accuracy boost from zoom lens and can then hit with his previously missing moves. His high natural HP boosted means he will usually survive to strike back. He also is the first Pokemon on this team to counter ground types which their is a growing weakness of.

The Ubers: playing in the top class?

Arceus@ Zap Plate
Ability: Multitype
Nature: Jolly
252hp/252Atk/4sp

Judgment
Swords Dance
Earthquake
Avalanche

Arceus is a great physical beater as an electric type only has one weakness which I covered by avalanche. Judgement automatically jumps to a 150 electric attack with its STAB. With its high HP Arceus can easily set up enough swords dances to kill alot of opponents with any of it's 3 physical moves.

Groudon@ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
Nature:Naughty
252hp/252hp/4def

Hammer Arm
Solar Beam
Earthquake
Swords Dance

Groundon serves as my mixed sweeper being able to easily use Solar beam or get stab from an Earthquake. Able to counter any ice types trying to check him with Hammer Arm makes him a good Pokemon to stand alone. When not feeling threatened he can use Swords Dance boost his already STAB Earthquake or his Hammer Arm.

Uber Replacements: Are we only in OU class today?

Blissey@ Leftovers
Nature:Timid
Ability:Natural Cure
252hp/252ded/4sp

Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Toxic
Psychic

Blissey aka the ultimate wall. Leftovers and Softboiled just keeps Blissey alive longer while toxic can take its toll.Aromatherapy is used to wipe away all that nasty poison and those speed killing paralysis floating around your team latter in the game. Having Psychic matched with her okay (at least compared to Atk) special attack allows Blissey to do some damage to any fighting type that could threaten it.

Azelf@ Expert BElt
Ability: Levitate
Nature:Lonely
252sAtk/252spe/4hp

Shadow Ball
Nasty Plot
Energy Ball
Calm Mind

An Azelf without a psychic move?!? Well as I went through my team a lot of the Pokemon could pull of psychic moves and needed them but almost none could pull off a good ghost or grass type moves and Azelf could. Nasty plot will jump his SpAtk even higher while Calm Mind will boost both his special stats.