• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Fakemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceDragon

Graphics Fan
I just made this first Fakemon

f35a07d6.png
-Before

Fix Out line
52cd521b.png
-Now

Rate it 1/10

Still working on it

Last edited:
C

Crystal Aura

wow thats really good for a first, just try to put some outline shading in and then it will be fine!

Neopolis

Battle Pyramid Champion
That's not really good.

In fact, it's rather poor.

There is no shading, all black (sometimes double-lined) outline, the design is unoriginal... Yeah, add shading.

Good thing that you didn't use default paint colors though.

OmegaDragon

guess whos back?
Neopolis is right. You need to shade the body and outline.

LBB

suw00p
PhanpyLover06 said:
Wow that new one looks really good!!! I really like it!

P.S. Are you going to make more???

~Seth~
uhhh seth you do know theres no shading right?

Electabuzz

Normal Coordinator
No, there isn't. Seth, you should really evaluate a sprite fully before saying how good it is. The sprite itself is unoriginal and has no shading whatsoever. In order to shade well, you need to identify a light source, and then shade from there. Most official sprites have 3-4 tones of each color. Also, the sprite should face at an angle, not completely sideways. However, don't make the sprite facing straight on. So, I guess it's mediocre for a first scratch. Keep listening to advice from experienced spriters, and don't value all the 'this is amazing, you're one of the best spriters ever' as an accurate assesment. Keep it up! I'm sure that you'll improve.

Oh, and by the way, number ratings aren't allowed, so you should remove that from your first post.

-aocom v2-

Victory is ours!
It's horn should either be more straight, or curve upwards.
The fire needs to look more... fiery. Just copy the type of coloring they used on typhlosion and moltres and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.