• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beyond the Desert Sands (Contestshipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damn........... ur really a fast writer.............. or have u been writing dis b4..... but anyways i enjoy ur fic^ ^

W

WindyNight

Holy! You are such a fast writer, pichu_gurl...*is impressed*
Great stuff you got there....^^
Oh yeah, can you add me to the PM list?

Chelc

pichu_gurl said:
Meh, sorry for the double post, but updates, updates, updates. Anyway, I got the next chappie done before I thought I would. Thanks for the suggestions, I have worked WAY harder on this chappie. Thanks again!

Chapter One- Ferry Delay! Love Bicker!

"If you are boarding this month's ferry to the Orre region, please report to the dock immediately. " Nurse Joy's voice was on the PA.

May lazily sat up as Nurse Joy repeated her warning. She looked at the clock. It read 9:00. "Huh? But the ferry leaves at 12! Ah, must be important." She got up and climbed down off the bed. She shook Drew awake.

"What is it, May?" He yawned.

"Nurse Joy wants us down. Some announcement or something."

"Should Max get shaken awake by some annoying girl too?" Drew teased.

"Oh will you lay off!" She tied on her bandana and put on her pack and walked out the door.

Drew snickered. "That's May alright." He put on his purple jacket and and left.
Nurse Joy stepped up to a podium. "We're terribly sorry for bothering you this early before the ride."

Brock stepped up the podium as well and took her hand in his."Oh, my lovely gentle angel, you are forgiven from my very toes to my very-"

Max stepped up and tugged Brock away by the ear, as usual. "Let's see if she can forgive YOU for that."

Nurse Joy laughed nervously and played with the microphone a bit. "Sorry about that. Because of last night's accident, we will have to run a security check on your luggages, and that will take a while, so come around 11. Thank you!"

A continuous ripple of muttering went through the crowd as they left out the door.

"Max, I thought you were asleep!" May scolded.

"When I woke up, you weren't there, and when I looked in the hallway, people where heading towards the main lobby, so I figured you'd be there," Max said defensively.

May sighed. "No sense arguing. I wonder what the accident was."

"No clue, but let's hope nothing bad happens to us. We should eat breakfast now, it's 9:30." Drew started for the cafeteria.
“Mmmm, pancakes,” Max said happily after a waitress in a frilly dress set it down on the table.

“Well, everyone, dig in!” May announced happily. She raised her fork and stopped when she noticed Drew was sitting in his usual “arms crossed and corny attitude” look even with the pancake’s aroma wafting around him.

“Drew, aren’t you going to eat?” May set her fork down.

“ I don’t need to eat, I’m immortal,” he taunted.

“You’re kidding, right?” Max said in his “annoying know-it-all voice.”

Drew laughed as he and May picked their forks up. “You caught me.”
Max laughed as he lied back down on his bed. “I ate so much I can’t move!”

May giggled with him. “Not the same here. I ate so fast we still have more than an hour to wait!”

Drew couldn’t help but laugh too. When they all settled down and pulled themselves together, Drew asked, “So, what do you reckon we do in the meantime?”

“We could let out our Pokemon ,” May suggested.

Drew sent out his Roselia, Masquerain, and paused to think if Flygon would fit in the room. He sent it out anyway. It’s “antennae” barely tickled the ceiling and Drew breathed a sigh of relief.

May tossed out her Pokeballs to release her Bulbasaur, Beautifly, Skitty, and Combusken.

Masquerain flew up to Beautifly and blushed as it flew around in a pattern of spins and turns.

Drew flicked his hair. “Heh, figures. “

May looked confused. “What’s Masquerain doing?”

Max flipped through a Pokemon book. “That’s a mating dance. Sometimes it means that the trainer’s are in love as well!” Max burst into laughter. “Ha, you and Drew! I can-ow!”
May had angrily seized the book from her brother and whacked him on the head with it. “You made the last part up!”

(Meanwhile, Drew calmly ignored this.)

Max held his laughter. “Then what are those RED roses for?” He exploded this time.

Drew tried to ignore this, but he was shaking.

May turned bright red. She looked like she wanted to drive a dagger through his head.

“And Drew even said it made sense!” Max whacked himself with a pillow while trying to breathe.

May ran into the bathroom and locked the door.

Drew grabbed Max by the arm. “Two words. J-Just two: STOP. IT.” He released the boy, shaking.

“I think I had better leave,” Max muttered, apparently trying to stifle another chest burst. He left without a word.

Drew knocked on the bathroom door and heard May crying. “May, can I come in?”

“Use the key on my bed, “ sobbed a muffled voice.

Drew climbed up the ladder and saw a key on May’s pillow. He took it and climbed back down and unlocked the door.

May was hugging her knees as tears rolled down her face and landed on the floor. Drew sat down next to her.

“About what Max said, I…” Drew trailed off shakily. ‘No. I can’t confess my feelings toward her. Now’s not the right time,’ Drew thought to himself.

“Drew, I…” May trailed off in a similar way as Drew did. ‘I can’t tell him how I feel about him, what if he doesn’t love me back?’ May’s thoughts ran about in her mind. “Drew?”

Drew looked up. “Yes?”

“Thanks for caring enough to come in and comfort me,” May said. ‘There. Hopefully I didn’t release to much,’ she thought to herself.

They got up and walked out of the bathroom.

“Max, you may come in now,” May said reluctantly.

Max slowly walked in. “Sis, Drew, I’m sorry. Now that that’s settled, it’s 10:50, so let’s get ready to go.

Thank you, again and again and again!

The
Nicest
Ralts
in
Maryland

Aww! That was so cute! I liked it! ^__^

Can't wait for the next chapter~

Xiang

Thanks everyone for pos. reviews! Helps when you're young and have no exams and homework. XD
It's summer break, I got all day to write. My sis complains that I don't play with her anymore. ^^'
Yay, I'm undergoing the usual transformation AND the couch potato transformation process thingamijjigy. OK that was weird. Sorry!
PM List:
MiniMinun
MayShuuFan
Sweet_May
WindyNight

Gaah, I'm doing this list from memory, should write it down somewhere...
Alright, see you wonderful reviewers tomorrow! I have to get started on the next chappie! *Opens Word*
See ya,
Ralts ;280;

Last edited:
M

Miss Priss

Your fic is so nice, that I wouldn't have known it was your first if you hadn't told! Can you please put me on the PM list? Thanks in advance!
Jade~ ;267;

Xiang

Alrighty, another addition to the PM List.
List:
MiniMinun
MayShuuFan
Sweet_May
WindyNight
BeAuTiFuL mAy

Chapter 4 is too short...gaah! The horror of describing! jk, jk. I'll see if I feel like improving it. No! I shall not overwork myself and try to stretch the next chappie with uselessness! Quantity is NOT more important than quality!My head hurts...

Sorry guys, I kinda overworked myself today, gonna have to slow it down, Gaah, my head. Chapter 4 may be a little too lacking description at some point and too short.
I'll post it and you criticize, OK?
Prepare for junk! Oh yeah it's rated in between PG and PG-13. Not too much violence. But some. I'm cruel. XD

Chapter 4: Snagem Hideout! Rescue May!

Drew trudged through the sand, blinded by the current sandstorm. At least Max was safe in a hotel back in Phenac City. But Drew wasn’t thinking about that. One thing was on his mind: May.

He had his Go-Goggles on so he could see, but due to the desert storm, there was a lack of air and he had trouble breathing. Somehow, thinking about May kept him conscious. He could’ve suffocated more than an hour ago.

He coughed as sand littered his almost closed mouth. If he didn’t get to Team Snagem soon, who knows what would happen to him and May. Somehow, he was forgetting about himself and pulling through because of May.

His secret feelings for her, they could never be forgotten. Was his soft side towards May keeping him going?

‘Another minute and I’ll suffocate,’ he thought. He spotted a building in the middle of all the thoughts and confusion. He started for it, slowing down with each step. “I’m coming. Just hold on,” he said.

He reached for the door handle and using every bit of his remaining strength, pushed it open and fell inside, unconscious.
“What do you reckon we do with him?” said a male voice.

“He’s probably here to save the girl,” boomed a much deeper, tougher voice.

Drew opened his eyes. He was lying on the floor, tied up.

All he could remember was opening the door. Wait! Could this be the Hideout?

He struggled to get up. It was hard, getting up with your hands tied to your back.

“Boss, he’s up!” shouted a female voice.

But whoever was “Boss” was gone.

“Boss?” The female looked for him.

While she was distracted, Drew hurried out the door.

He heard voices coming from a room on the left of him, and one of the voices belonged to May.
“I know he’s coming! He wouldn’t leave me here to rot like you would!” He heard she shout through her sobs.

“He didn’t even make it through the desert! He’s in the hideout, unconscious!” said a male voice.

Drew shook with anger and pushed the door open. “Who said?”

“Drew!” May looked up and the tears stopped flowing. She was tied up and was hanging from the ceiling, similar to the way she got tied up by Team Rocket on Mirage Island.

“Ha, you’ve been tricked,” said the male grunt. A ton of other grunts surrounded him and hung him from the ceiling as well.

The grunts laughed and left them to their misery. The male one said as he left, “We’re gonna set those ropes on fire, you’ll be history!”

“WHAT?” May screamed.

“May, don’t worry I have a plan!"
Drew started to flail about, making him swing around. He collided hard with May and her rope broke, setting her free.

She sneaked down the hallway, careful not to make a sound. It was difficult, as there were paper scattered everywhere, but she tiptoed between them. She sneaked into a large storage room and found a Voltorb. Luckily, it was sleeping, so she picked it up and set it in the hallway. She found other sleeping Voltorb and placed them next to each other, then went back to Drew’s room and untied him down. Then they crept through the hallway and woke up one of the Voltorb and ran out as quickly as they could, winding through hallways, dodging grunts, pushing open doors.

"I don't see why I could've just untied and go," May complained.

"The Voltorbs'll destroy the Hideout, and plus, they could distract them while we escape," Drew explained.

May seemed worried. Drew's breathing was quite raspy, but he was still running and pulling her along.

"I wonder how those grunts don't get lost in here," Drew muttered.

The Voltorb they woke up became angry after getting its pointless awakening. It used Self-Destruct, and because there were several other Voltorbs and even an Electrode next to it, it caused a chain reaction, destroying the hideout.

"Drew, I think-" May started.

"We're almost out!" Drew tried assure her as the explosion brought most of the ceiling down.

May and Drew were pretty lucky, as they had escaped quickly enough and the sandstorm had subsided while Drew was on his rescue mission. Several grunts frantically escaped as their Hideout crumbled down to a dump of broken walls.
“Drew, you could’ve died in that sandstorm!” May snapped as they got back at Phenac City.

“Well, you could thank me for a change,” Drew snapped back.

May fell silent. “Thanks.” Tears dripped down her face. “It’s just- you could’ve died out there!”

Drew held her hand. “That’s not as important as our sticking together and safety.”

Suddenly, Drew collapsed. His breathing was heavy and it sounded really scratchy.

“Drew! Please speak to me Drew!’ May shook him. She cried harder.

But her hand was still in his.
“There’s sand in his lungs, but after we remove it, we should be fine,” the doctor said.

May still was crying. Tears were burning her eyes. One splattered on Drew’s face.

Then May realized that Drew was still holding her hand. She had an idea. She squeezed his hand and kissed it. Drew’s eyes opened. “Huh?” He appeared to be breathing fine. May was so happy, she kissed him on the cheek.

She blushed so red she almost passed out.

I know, good beginning, sucky ending. My headache loves me too much. XD
I'll edit when I get the chance...

One Ill Ralts ;280;

Last edited:
M

Miss Priss

It was nice! Give yourself a little credit- you've been making chapters all day. I hope your headache goes away soon!
Jade~ ;267;

yea u should chill and relax instead of workin ur mind out.............. but its good............ can't wait 4 ur edit of da chapter

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Great chappie. sorry I didn't review earlier, I did but then I edited my post, and ended up deleting it, and it's a long story. heh, but enough about that, this is a great story, and your REALLY good about updating! I think I could've put up the same amount as you have in about a year! (I'm so slow at typing!Gahh!) Neway, the ending is short, but really sweet~!! Hope your headache goes away (those things really are killer aren't they?)

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
Hey nice Chapter! can you add me onto the PM list?

Xiang

Thank you everyone for forgiving me, I feel a lot better, a good night sleep does a lot of help! (I think I'm cry...never had such nice people around me)
Anyway,
The PM List:
MiniMinun
MayShuuFan
Sweet_May
WindyNight
BeAuTiFuL mAy
shuuharu hiwatari

If I missed or misspelled anyone's name, please tell me!
(Grr, my sis ate all my bubble gum!)
Back to work,
EDIT: I edited most of Chapter 4. Hopefully it's a LITTLE better now. :D
Chapter 5 is up! rate PG!

Chapter 5: The Hidden Door! Golden Forest and Princess Kirlia!

Drew sat up abruptly in his hospital bed. He felt that it was easier to breath. He tried to get up, but his legs wobbled and he felt weak. He sat back on his bed, unable to stand. Then he noticed something on the side of his bed.

May was asleep with her head resting on her arms. Drew looked closely and saw that her face was streaked with tears. Then he noticed a pink box next to her. Clueless as he was, he read the note.

Dear Drew,
I hope you feel soon,
Even better,
It's Valentine's Day!
Yes I know,
Weather's hot in Orre
Even in winter.
Oh joy,
I can't wait for summer!
Then we'll cook!
From May

He opened the big pink box and saw a bouquet of roses and another note:

I have been saving these, you know.

He smiled and placed the roses next to his bed in a vase filled with water. He ripped one off its stem and put it through May's hair.

"Happy Valentine's Day to you too, May."
May woke up, and stretched. "Huh?"

Drew's bed was empty.

She scratched her head and felt a rose sitting behind her ear. Knowing it was probably Drew, she blushed as she saw that he had already read the note and got her present.

She got up and searched the room for him. Nope, she was the only one here. She peered into the room next to Drew's and saw the doctor arguing with him.

"Drew, you're weak, so you should be in bed," the doctor scolded.

"I'm fine. I'm standing up," Drew said angrily.

"NO. You are not leaving until you can stand up without support!" The doctor eyed him. He was leaning on a bed. "There's nothing for you told hold in the desert, and there could be another sandstorm there, so yeah, why go?"

"Because of the Annual Star Night Festival in the Sandi region!”

“The Sandi region?” May asked. “Where’s that?”

The doctor sighed. “Everybody in the Johto and Orre region know about it. Sometimes we let experienced coordinators know about it.”

“But why just Orre and Johto?” May asked.

“Kanto is closer to Houen than Johto, so they can get to contests easlier than the other regions, so Orre built the Sandi region behind a hidden door, so that Houen’s contests wouldn’t be deserted,” the doctor explained. “However, the door is hidden in the desert, and Drew here needs his rest.”

“But what’s Annual Star Night Festival?”

Doctor shook his head and sighed. “Kids these days, they’re too curious.”
Drew sighed. “I really wish that he would let me go!”

May sat on a chair next to his bed. “I do too.”

Max sat on his sister’s lap. “Hey, maybe we could sneak out!”

“But Drew needs to recover!”

Max did his “shine-glasses.” “Drew, I need your Roselia.”
“Roselia, are you ready?”

Roselia nodded. “Rrolll!”

“Roselia, use Aromatherapy!”

“Aroma-what?” May and Drew said at the same time.

Roselia glowed and bubbles of light flew from her body. The bubbles sank into Drew’s chest.

Drew stared at it but felt no pain. He got out of bed and stood up straight.

“What was that?” Drew said, walking around.

“Aromatherapy gives energy to a teammate,” Max explained.

Roselia lay on the ground, exhausted from using its newly learned attack.

Drew picked Roselia up. “Thank you so much,” he said as she was sprayed with a potion and returned to her Pokeball. “I’m ready to go!”
“Are you sure the doctor won’t find out too soon?” May asked, worried. “He could catch us before we even leave town,”

“Just don’t look too suspicious,” Drew told her.

They quickly ran out through the Phenac City gate and ran on the desert sand.

“It’s too hot, we might not make it,” May said. “Wait, Flygon can fly through deserts and sandstorms and intense heat, right?”

“Then why not ride your Flygon!” Max suggested.

Drew hesitated and finally sent out the Ground/ Dragon Pokemon.

“Raaaawwwrrr!” It gently flapped its triangular wings.

“Flygon, can you handle three passengers?” Drew asked.

“Ryyyyy!” It bent down for May and Max to climb on.

“Guess there’s enough room for all,” he said, taking a seat in the front.

Flygon tightened its muscles and pushed off the ground with its feet. As soon as it was airborne, it flapped its wings to stay in the air. It reared its neck and pushed it forward and flapped its wings to go faster.

Because the dragon was flying so fast, it felt like there were strong winds. Flygon flew low to the ground, stirring the sand as it went.

“Do you see a secret door anywhere?” Drew shouted.

“I thought I saw something open and close,” May shouted above the wind. She pointed to the right. Flygon turned its head and turned to the direction May was pointing to and landed at a huge rock three times its size.

The trio hopped off and felt the rock for any sign of a door.

“I think I found something,” Max shouted. May and Drew looked at him as he pushed a section of the rock open.

“Return, Flygon!”

Max jumped through the blinding white, and May followed. Drew stuck his head in, but it was too bright to see anything. He jumped in, closing the door behind him.

He felt as if he was going down really long slide.

“Unhh!” Max shouted as he landed.

“Oof!” He shouted again when his sister landed on top of him.

“Ow!” May and Max yelled in pain as Drew landed on both of them.

Drew opened his eyes to find himself on a pile of people and quickly got off.

“Sis…you’re killing me…” Max screamed.

May groaned and got off of her squashed brother. “What is this place?”

They appeared to be in a forest. The trees were lined up side-by-side, making a perfectly straight road. The leaves were so thick, only a few golden rays of sunlight lit the ground. The leaves were a beautiful, calm mixture of their usual green and the golden sunlight it was partially blocking.

They heard Pidgeys cooing and Vibravas humming. Zigzagoons picked berries off the leafy bushes, and bunches of baby Pokemon chased each other around. Scythers flew about, cutting off old branches to let sunlight flow through. Hoppips floated in the gentle breeze that rustled the leaves.

“Wow, this place is beautiful!” May exclaimed.

“I believe that this is the Forest of the Gardevoir,” Drew said, admiring the rose bushes.

They walked along the road. Oddishes popped out of the ground as they passed to welcome them.

They came to a stone throne with a Kirlia sitting in it.

“Hello there,” May greeted.

“Kirlia!” It happily ran over to them and curtsied.

With nothing else to do, the trio bowed/ curtsied back.

Kirlia called for its friends.

A bunch of Sunflora came, holding baskets of fruit. They set them down and bowed to Kirlia.

“I guess Kirlia is the princess here,” Max guessed.

Kirlia nodded and its eyes glowed blue.

The trio felt something make them sit down.

“Maybe Kirlia used Confusion to make us sit down,” Max said.

Kirlia picked up a bundle of grapes and picked one off and ate it.

Drew did the same. “Mmm, these are really delicious,” he complimented.

They started eating to their hearts content. A few other Pokemon joined them in their feast.

THUD. The ground shook and a few leaves fell to the ground. THUD!

The Pokemon and Kirlia panicked. Kirlia hid behind her throne while the other Pokemon scattered into the trees.

Drew and May looked up while Max hid with the Pokemon.

A strange, robotic thing with a huge bucket behind its back, ten feet tall stood in front of them and released a pincer, which went behind the throne and pulled Kirlia out and threw her into the bucket.

“Let Kirlia go!’ Drew shouted angrily, taking out a Pokeball.

“Who are you anyway?” May demanded.

“Oh, look, it’s the girlie and her hero again,” laughed a male voice.

A door opened and the same male from Team Snagem that kidnapped May appeared.

“You,” Drew muttered menacingly.

“Out of my way!” He closed the door and the pincer went for May.

“No!” Drew stood in front of May and the pincer got him instead. He was thrown into the same bucket that Kirlia was in.

“Drew!” May cried. “You’ll pay for that! Go, Combusken!”

She released the Fire/ Fighting Pokemon.

“My name is Kent, and you’re not getting in my way, girlie! Vileplume, use Poisonpowder on Combusken and the girlie!”

He released his Flower Pokemon and it released a toxic powder from the top of its huge head.

“Sis!” Max said, running to his sister.

“Max, you’ll get hurt!” May protested.

But it was too late.

May, Max, and Combusken passed out.

Meanwhile, in the bucket…

“Kirlia, I need you to call for help,” Drew said.

Kirlia nodded. “Kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiirrr…” Its voice rang through the forest, and the Pokemon rushed to aid their princess. “Kirlia! Kirlia!” it commanded.

RAM. The bucket shook as the Pokemon rammed into it. CRACK. The bucket ripped off of the robots back.

“What’s happening?” Kent yelled, as the robot fell apart.

Drew and Kirlia hopped out of the bucket, safe and sound. “Kirlia, use Psychic!”

Kirlia’s pupils narrowed as her eyes glowed blue. The robot glowed blue, too, under Kirlia’s control. Kirlia thrusted it into the sky, where it disappeared.

“Great job, Kirlia!” Drew said. Then his attention turned to May and Max.

Kirlia called for the Grass Pokemon. Several wild Roselias came and used Aromatherapy on May, Max, and Combusken.

May and Max woke up.

“Where’s Kent?” May asked, looking around.

Drew smiled. “Kirlia and the Pokemon got rid of him.”
May, Max, and Drew were about to leave, when Kirlia cried out. “Kirlia!”

The sun was setting. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves.

“What is it, Kirlia?” Drew asked.

Kirlia’s eyes glowed and one of Drew’s Pokeballs. “Hey, what are you doing?”

The Pokeball hit Kirlia on the head and it was zapped inside.

May giggled. “I guess Kirlia wanted to come with you after you saved its forest.”

“But then who will be in charge?” Max asked.

“Ral!” said a Ralts sitting in Kirlia's throne.

Drew smiled as the trio walked out of the forest, on their way to a nearby town.

-Ralts ;280;

Last edited:
M

Miss Priss

This chapter is sooooo sweet! I especially liked the part when Drew put a rose in her hair... awww... Anywayz, good job and keep it up!
Jade~;267;

Xiang

BeAuTiFuL mAy: I liked that much too, although I'm not one for mushie stuff.

Thanks for reviewing, I'm standing by all day! (I mean it :))

I suddenly had an idea for another fic, but I'm NOT going to start it before I finish this one. I'm loyal to my readers. :)

-Ralts ;280;

EDIT:
Coming is Chapter 6: Starry Night Festival!
May, Drew, and Max arrive in Moki Town, a peaceful town with open spaces and beautiful land, which makes it a perfect place to see the stars.

Last edited:

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
wow, awesome pichu gurl! the beginning was soooo cute! I liked the part where she saved those roses. That was so sweet! ^^ sorry I didn't review even earlier, I just got out of bed, heh. _ _'
-MiniMinun

Xiang

MiniMinun: Heh, I guess there's an everybody-like part in every chapter. That chappie took 6 hours with only a lunch break.
At least you got more sleep than me, I'm a couch potato. Got up 6 in the morning just to work on the fic. My grandma brought breakfast to the computer so I didn't need to stop typing. Thanks!

I feel kinda tired, I could've started chappie 6 an hour ago! *runs away from readers* I'll start now. ^_^'

-Ralts ;280;

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Oh, don't worry, for your first fic this is really good! I may think about posting a fanfic, but then, the readers'll have to be about once every other month patient! lol. trust me, I don't think anyone here'll get mad just because you didn't post more than one chappie a day! (so no need in running away) I think your great at updating! of course, rushed isn't always best. quality over quantity as they say! ^^

Xiang

MiniMinun: I'm kinda getting slowed down by Writer's Block right now. ^_^' Now I can slow down!

Hm, I should.........and then make..........then that............then he.............Kirlia does...........(and I go on)

-Ralts ;280;

EDIT: I'm proofreading Chapter 6 right now, and I'll put it up first thing tomorrow.

SPOILER: [SPOIL]May catches a new Pokemon named ******** in Chapter 7! Stay tuned to find out what![/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Xiang

I am so so sorry for the double post, but I can't keep you guys waiting! Also, if you didn't get a PM for some reason, please tell me, I had a little mix-up. :)

Alright, from now on all the chapters will be rated PG, because of my age level.

Chapter 6: Starry Night Festival!

“I see it!” May shouted from the top of the hill. She saw a couple of buildings and open plains and shimmering lakes or in other words, Moki Town. She ran down the hill, gathering speed as she went.

Max and Drew followed close behind.

“I guess this is the perfect place to see shooting stars,” Drew said; looking up at the cloudless, blue sky.

May stopped and turned to look at him. “What do you mean?”

“In the Starry Night Festival, people gather outside to watch the shooting stars and make a wish,” he explained. “Moki Town is the perfect place to spend Starry Night with no trees or city lights and buildings to block the way.”

“Wow, no wonder you didn’t want to miss it!” May said, looking up at the sky.

Max shrugged. “I don’t see what’s so special about a bunch of shooting stars.”

May glared at him. “Come on, Max, doesn’t it sound pretty?”

Max “shined his glasses.” “It sound pretty alright, pretty ROMANTIC.”

May answered him with a whack on the head. “Anyway, we should get moving.”

That night…

May sat next to Drew on one of the fields. Max was already asleep, as they were waiting for an hour. A lot of other people sat down on the grass, waiting for the star shower. Even some Pokemon came to watch, and they sat down near humans as if they weren’t afraid of being caught by a trainer.

“I sure hope it’s going to show up,” May said, worried.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure it’s coming,” Drew assured her. He tossed her a rose.

“You never seem to run out of them, do you,” she hinted.

Drew caught the hint and laughed. “Oh, yeah, really helps when you get them back,” he said sarcastically.

“Hey look!” May pointed at the sky. A star fly across the sky. Another one moved and pretty soon, the sky was filled with falling stars. May let Drew hold her by the waist to get a better look-see. In two minutes, the sky faded except for the full moon.

“Wow…that was beautiful,” May said dreamily.

“Did you like it?” Drew asked, setting her down.

“Of course I liked it!” May said.

RUMBLE!

“What was that!” May screamed.

The ground shook as a drill appeared, scaring off some people and Pokemon. No, it wasn’t just a drill, it was Team Snagem.

Kent’s voice came on some sort of loudspeaker, then a female voice.

“Get ready for chaos!” Kent said.

“Stop it? Just make us!” said the female voice.

“To storm across the desert sands,”

“To bring disturbance to every land,”

“Kent!”

“Sam!”

“Team Snagem catches them all!”

“Give up now, or at our feet you shall fall!”

Kent had brown hair that stuck up straight. He had evil blue eyes, and a smirk always on his face. His uniform was a red shirt and a black vest and black, baggy pants.

Sam had blonde hair in pigtails and the same evil eyes as her partner. Her uniform was the same as Kent’s except it had a mini skirt; black, of course.

“Your motto is even cornier than Team Rocket’s!” May complained.

Sam, or the female, flipped out. “Don’t you dare compare us to those good-for-nothing losers!” She practically shot fire from her mouth as she yelled.

Drew reached for his Pokeballs. “Go, Roselia and Kirlia!”

“Roll!” The flower Pokemon called.

“Kirlia!” The human-like Pokemon twirled around on its tiny feet.

“This call for a battle! Go, Sneasel!” Sam said.

“Come out, Vileplume!” Kent said.

“Sneasel, use Icy Wind!”

The Dark/ Ice mouse released an icy wind. Roselia fainted because of its weakness to Ice attacks. Kirlia remained standing.

“Go, Combusken!” May sent out the fighting bird. “Use Blaze on Sneasel!”

Combusken light up its foot and kicked Sneasel…in the guts. Having hit its weak spot with a super effective attack, Sneasel was out for the count.

“Kirlia, use your psychic!” Drew commanded.

Vileplume glowed blue and slammed into the drill machine so hard, it was knocked over. Vileplume fell to the ground, defeated.

Kent and Sam recalled their beaten-up Pokemon and were forced to retreat. The machine stood upright and drilled into the ground.

One more shooting star lit up the sky and May and Drew made their wishes.
May awoke the next morning and found that she had fallen asleep on Drew’s shoulder as other couples were.

Drew woke up and found that May had fallen asleep on his shoulder.

May turned to him cheerfully and said, “Good morning! Looks like another day!”

The sun was low in the sky, yet Moki Town looked pretty much lit up.

“I guess we should be going now,” May added. “Where’s Max?”

Max came running to them from the Pokemon Center. “Guys, look, I got a map of the Sandi region!” he waved his Pokenav around and looked as if though he won a million dollars in the lottery.

“Where are we heading next?” Drew asked.

“The closest major town, Wandy City, is where you register for a Sandi Contest Pass and it also has the Wandy Contest!” Max said. “Wandy City it is!”

Sorry if it sounded a bit corny, the motto actually took forever to think of. XD
Please rate this thread honestly, and point out mistakes if you want to. All these compliments are going to my head. XD

-Ralts ;280;

M

Miss Priss

You have a good reason to get a big head! It was really good, like the rest of the stuff you've written. Except the motto was kinda weird.
“Give up now, or at our feet you shall fall!”
It's not bad, I know how hard it is to make a motto. We had to make a motto at school a while back, and.... let's just say my grades went scuba diving after that. ^.^; Anyways, keep up the good work!
Jade~;267;

Xiang

BeAuTiFuL mAy:
Except the motto was kinda weird.
We all agree with May, it's really corny. XD. I mean it. At least it makes Kent and Sam sound like idi*ts. XD

I'm almost done with Chapter 7, just need to add the part where *BLEEEEEP* and then I'm done, 'kay? :)

-Ralts ;280;

PS If you wanted to know what *BLEEEEEP* meant, then it meant [SPOIL]that Team Snagem came and stole the *bzzt* and *bzzt* rescued the *bzzt* and became May's Pokemon.[/SPOIL]

Status
Not open for further replies.