• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Beyond the Desert Sands (Contestshipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rider

. . S K Y L I G H T
Hmm, I haven't seen you in awhile, and should I call you Pichu Gurl or Mizu Gal? *_* anyway, I think your writing style is awesome! ^^
-MiniMinun

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
yea miniminun is --> i think this story is awsome:D

Xiang

Finally! Today I managed to break through the WB and continue. I typed like mad! Now I have a sore throat. :/

Good news, the next chapter is finished. Note that it might some erm, "twingy" in some places, those were the slowed places. Thanks a lot, WB. ¬¬

WB: ^^ You're welcome.

OK, lemme just put the thing up.

Chapter 12: Mariana Town! In the Hospital!

“I still can’t believe they won’t let us in!” Max groaned outside the hospital door.

Max, May, and Eusine had been sitting outside Drew’s hospital room on a green wood bench, like those you see in the park, for two hours, waiting for news. They weren’t allowed inside, thanks to May’s weak stomach.

“Come on, you can stand a needle in a bloodstream, can’t you? You’ve had shots before!” Max asked his sister.

May groaned in a similar way her brother did and continued to stare at the white tile floor.

Max rolled his eyes. Why couldn’t a girl stand a droplet of blood?

Eusine sighed. “How about we each tell a little of our history? I’ll start.

The day I met Morty, I learned about Suicune, Entei, Raikou, and Ho-oh. But as gym-leader of Ecruteak City, he couldn’t leave the gym to find them. I was fascinated by the legend and chased after Suicune for many years, having plenty of close encounters.

Then one day I met this boy and his friends, and he told me he once met Suicune! I envied him with all my heart. That day, in the Tin Tower, some thieves stole the bells that ring when Ho-oh is coming, and broke one of them. The bug Pokemon got angry and covered the entire town in spider webs. The grass Pokemon attacked everyone. Morty, the boy and his friends, and I raced to the forest next to town and we broke through the webs and fought the Pokemon. A shiny wind blew around, and the webs disappeared. The Pokemon calmed down. Then Suicune came. He was majestic, tall, and proud. He raced towards us and got rid of the thieves with one attack.

I knew this was my chance to catch it. I sent out my Alakazam. I try to attack it, but it blocked my attack with ease and roared, scaring my Pokemon back to its Pokeball, letting itself go free.”

“Wow, you’ve must’ve been really disappointed,” May guessed. “Well I guess it’s my turn now.

I first started my Pokemon journey with a Torchic from Professor Birch’s lab. When I got there I met this boy named Ash with a Pikachu.”

Eusine stopped her. “I met him too! He was the boy who met Suicune and traveled with Misty and Brock!”

May gave him a confused look. “Anyway, his Pikachu was dangerously sick and would die if he didn’t get better soon. Then Team Rocket-“

Eusine stopped her again. “Team Rocket was the ones who broke one of the bells!”

May nodded this time. “Team Rocket then tried to steal it using a robot, and the Pikachu kept trying to Thundershock it until it was suddenly cured of its sickness! Then it electrified them so far it sent them blasting off and burned my bike!

I then decided to travel with him about the Hoenn region, as he was collecting badges. When we were nearing Rustboro, I was an assistant in a Pokemon contest. I realized that my dream was now to become a famous and talented Coordinator.

I won five ribbons in time for the Grand Festival, I was in the top eight, and it was my first try! Drew beat me in a round, and then we went to the Hoenn league. Ash didn’t win either, and everyone except me wanted to go to Orre. Drew invited me there to bring me to the hidden Sandi region,” May said, tilting her head in thought. She opened her mouth to speak and her brother quickly slapped it shut.

“Can I have my turn?” he asked pleadingly.

May sighed. “Well, I don’t have much else to say. Fine.”

Max stood up, straightened his glasses, and took a deep breath. May stared at him, annoyed.

“Just get on with it, we’re the only ones listening!” she complained at his neatness.

Max glared at her as his glasses fell crooked again and he groaned.

“Anyway, I traveled with Ash when he stopped by our gym in Petalburg City,” he began slowly.

Eusine nudged him. “I thought you looked like Norman and May looked like Caroline…”

Max closed his eyes and smiled proudly and contently. May slapped him to make him continue.

Max swung his legs back and forth and leaned back on the bench. Another hour had gone by as swift as a Rapidash, to his pleasure, but he didn’t want to wait much longer. He straightened his glasses for the millionth time and sighed impatiently.

Eusine brought out his sketchbook and moved it to avoid it from May’s curious view. “I draw horrible, May, you don’t want to see.”

May still craned her neck this way and that way, trying to catch a glimpse.

Drew’s door creaked open, and a nurse with blue hair in pigtails and pink eyes that glowed stepped out catiously. “We’re terribly sorry to keep you waiting, you may come in now.”

Max muttered under his breath so his sister couldn’t hear, but got another wham on the head as an answer.

In the room, there was a drawer with tools like stethoscopes and other medical contraptions on it, all neatly stacked. There was a swivel chair on wheels, comfy-looking, and periwinkle with lime green spots in a diagonal line running across. The window had a view of the parking lot and the Pokemon Center far in the distance behind a playground with few kids fooling around. A flock of Swablu and Altaria flew over the play place, making May sigh at the memory of losing her dear bird.

Drew lay in a hospital bed, on top of a white sheet that was stained near his arm a blood red, causing May to cringe and shudder. Several tubes were in his body and he was bandaged around the neck, chest, and right leg. His forehead was rapped too. His leg was hung from the ceiling.

May couldn’t recognize him at first because of his forehead; the bangs were on top of the bandages. His purple jacket was also missing. His clothes were tattered and ripped in several places.

May looked out the window again and was surprised at her faint reflection. Similar to Drew, her red shirt became ripped and ragged, and her bandana went missing. The bottom of her biker shorts was seared to a black crisp. She dusted herself and rubbed off some rubble. How could she not realize how ragged she looked? Did she actually walk through the streets calling for help looking tattered? She blushed, embarrassed that her mini-skirt was torn.

Max seemed to be fine, except for partially melted rubber soles in his shoes and glasses bent so bad his eyewear was crooked.

Eusine’s cape was practically ruined, covered in dust, mud, and one side torn. Other than that, he seemed fine.

Drew stirred, his eyelids moved in his unconscious state and then he opened them.

“Ow!” he shouted as he attempted to turn his head.

May jumped. “Drew, you OK?”

Drew sneered. “Since when was I not OK?”

May glared at him and deep down was upset. “I was really worried about you, can’t you soften up sometime?” she muttered softly, really hurt.

Drew’s expression softened up all of a sudden. “I’m fine, just I feel weak-“ he stared into space and a look of realization and horror crept up his face. “This week’s contest-“ he shook his head and spoke again, disappointed. “I won’t make it. It’s tomorrow. Uh,” he started, “Neither will you.”

May stood with her hands on her hips. “And why is that?”

Drew grinned and chuckled. “You’re not entering a contest dressed like that, are you?”

May leaned forward. “Humph. I’m going shopping, but you need to dress up too.”

Drew frowned and looked at himself. “Whoa, guess you’re right.”
May twisted around in the dressing room, looking at her new outfit, a red, strapless tank top under a white, collar-less, short-sleeved jacket and a blue mini skirt that was longer than her last one, as in enough to cover her biker shorts. She frowned as she walked around. It was hard to move with the mini skirt, so she slipped it off and tried on a regular blue skirt. She could move around freely with this one. She twirled around and her skirt followed.

She heard a bell tinkle quite loudly. “The store is closing in ten minutes, just to let all you ladies now,” boomed a female voice.

May quickly changed back into her regular, tattered garments and folded her selection. She unlocked the door and stepped out, trying to ignore the rude stares.
“What do you think?” May asked the teenage boy as she got back in his room.

Drew smiled one of the first friendly smiles May had saw. “You’ll need a rose.” He fumbled with his pockets and pulled out a red rose that still had dew floating in between the petals. He stuck in May’s hair, just behind her ear.

May blushed. “How did you not squish it?”

Drew winked. “It has magic powers.”

May cautiously made her finger run along one of the petals. It was soft, smooth, and velvety. ‘Does he- like me?’ she thought.

“Do you- like me?” she asked quietly, not realizing what she was saying out loud.

Drew bolted upright, startled. “What?”

May put her hand over her mouth, petrified at her last question. Her body froze, her heart thumped, and she stumbled for the right thing to say. She could feel her face burning. “Uh, never mind.”
Please, I beg you to the death not to comment on length...:(.

Oh, and I'M SO SORRY, I LOST THE PM LIST...*sniffle* please forgive me and post if you remember being on my list that can't be retrieved from the Land of Deleted Files...

Well other than that, whaddya think about the chapter?
-Mizu ;144;

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
i like it! i dont care bout the lenght, i care bout the plot! i was on the pm list 2 so theres 1 dont give up

May put her hand over her mouth, petrified at her last question. Her body froze, her heart thumped, and she stumbled for the right thing to say. She could feel her face burning. “Uh, never mind.”
ths was my fav part:D keep going! ur doin great! never give in! belive...........sorry was i ranting........sorry, its just that good!

rule #43 never give up!
-philactetese (phil)​
kingdom hearts(ps2)​

;386;-deo out.

Last edited:
M

Miss Priss

Whoah. Just, whoah. I wonder what Drew's going to say... I'm going to be so sad for May if he denies it. Anyway, the length wasn't so bad and you know what they say: Quality over quantity! By the way, I was on the PM list, so PM me for the next chapter, ok?

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
im with BeAuTiFuL mAy, what will drew say? what will be mays reaction to what he says? WHEN WILL THEY POST AGAIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

W

WindyNight

OMG, great chapter...^^
I am really curious to know what Drew would answer to May's question.."Do you like me?"..:D
By the way, I AM on the PM list...

Hoshika

Viva Viva Victory6
Oooh I wonder what Drew will say and how May will react. Oh and I was on the PM list

i love it ............... and i also wanted 2 now wut Drew's answer was gonna b............. i dunno if i'm on da list but casn i b in it anyways?

Xiang

Thanks, you guys, ^^.

PM List:
deoxysmaster8000
BeAuTiFuL mAy
WindyNight
shuuharu hiwatari
Sweet_May

I'm feeling much better, stuffy nose gone, but sore throat still here, but getting better!

I'll be seeing you!

EDIT: From now on, I won't be doing Chapter Titles, just because it's such a waste of time. Just to let you know.

Last edited:

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
awww............i liked the chappie titles.............still, please hurry!

Xiang

deoxysmaster8000 said:
awww............i liked the chappie titles.............still, please hurry!
It takes too much time...

AGH! *explodes* HURRY?!! HURRY???!!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN HURRY?!

;172; :Now she's lost it. First description and length, now hurrying up. She's scary ain't she?

;144; : ^^; don't mind her, she's ill and in a bad mood. Just watch what you say, she's scary when she's angry.

YEAH, I'LL HURRY! THEN THEY'LL SAY THE CHAPTER WAS TOO RUSHED!!

;144; : Whoa, calm down, they want to see the next chapter real soon, same here-

OH SURE! I HAVEN'T EVEN STARTED! I'M SO TIRED! *starts sobbing*

;172; :give her a week, she's got a cold. A bad one.

*sneezes*

;144; : we apologize for her behavior, just watch what you type. ^^;;
-------
Just a fun play while you wait. Yes, I am sick. Please don't tell me to hurry up, don't rush me.

Chelc

mizu_gal said:
EDIT: From now on, I won't be doing Chapter Titles, just because it's such a waste of time. Just to let you know.

=/

Titles may not seem all that important, but...they are. Titles are what attract your readers, and keep them coming back. That's how I pick out what I want to read; the first thing I look at is the title. If it sparks my interest, I'll read it. If there is no title, that proves to me how well the story is written. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but really, you have great potential as a writer, and you are awesome at it! I just don't want you to lose it because of your readers. Don't rush your chapters because of them. Spend time on your writing, give your best effort, regardless of how long everyone has to wait. If they can't wait, well, then that's their problem, not yours. Good things come to those who wait! ^_^

BTW, I hope that didn't sound mean or anything, because then I'd feel really bad. .__.

Xiang

Forever Wished said:
=/

Titles may not seem all that important, but...they are. Titles are what attract your readers, and keep them coming back. That's how I pick out what I want to read; the first thing I look at is the title. If it sparks my interest, I'll read it. If there is no title, that proves to me how well the story is written. I'm not trying to sound rude or anything, but really, you have great potential as a writer, and you are awesome at it! I just don't want you to lose it because of your readers. Don't rush your chapters because of them. Spend time on your writing, give your best effort, regardless of how long everyone has to wait. If they can't wait, well, then that's their problem, not yours. Good things come to those who wait! ^_^

BTW, I hope that didn't sound mean or anything, because then I'd feel really bad. .__.
No, but I advise to read the top of my siggy...^^

chapter titles, I never paid any attention to those. In my opinion, they're pretty much useless except for the times when they spoil things. But I respect your opinion too, but I'm just plain too busy.

I won't rush, but ARGH!!!! Curse you, Writer's block! I wish I could sstab you! With a rose from Drew!

;172; :Since when did you have WB?

;144; :You never told us!

Well, I have it now...-_-

-Mizu ;144;

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
uhhhhhh............oops..........srry*shrinks in anime style and puts pointer fingers together* i didnt mean it........i didnt think any of it was rushed i loved all of the chappies(i even av this plase bookmarked)when i said hurry imeant iwnna read it even have of the next chappie, sorry..............

Xiang

Bad news: My dad "disabled" my computer by taking away the screen, so now I can't have access to my files. :/ This is not made up. I'm sorry, but I can't retype all those chapters on my dad's laptop. I guess I used it too much.

W

WindyNight

mizu_gal said:
Bad news: My dad "disabled" my computer by taking away the screen, so now I can't have access to my files. :/ This is not made up. I'm sorry, but I can't retype all those chapters on my dad's laptop. I guess I used it too much.
So what does that suppose to mean? Are you still going to continue the story? *prays* Please be yes...I can wait...^^

Xiang

WindyNight said:
So what does that suppose to mean? Are you still going to continue the story? *prays* Please be yes...I can wait...^^
Of course I will, I have a bank account full of ideas...but I might not be continuing RLB though...

deoxysmaster8000

no-one can beat me!!
awww...........i liked that story 2................but still, im sorry ur computers down, and im sorry about what i said earlyer..........man this is not my day..........

Status
Not open for further replies.