• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first foray into GSC style spriting!

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
attachment.php

This is a sprite I made to start off my own Gold Silver & Crystal inspired Fakedex. So far I'm still pretty new to the spriting game and am having some trouble emulating things like divots. For this sprite, I borrowed the palette from Tyrogue in Crystal. Please leave any feedback you can think of, I could use any suggestions. Also, it goes without saying that stealing is a no no.

Here's some factoids about my Fakemon.
Name: Wallopy
Species: Kangaroo
Type: Fighting/Normal
Description: Willing to take on any challenger, this Pokemon brings the element of surprise by striking opponents with a third fist.
Sample Moveset:
- Meditate
- Hi Jump Kick
- Return
- Mach Punch

Attachments

• jabaroo.jpg
    jabaroo.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 2,311
Last edited:

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I always like the GSC-style and I think you used it well. I only think that the nose looks a bit weird.

Ps: It is better to put the link between
IMG*] (remove * for use)

Ex Extreme

Just some Random Guy
oh well
First of all, do not save in .jpg or .jpeg, it turns the sprite into low quality. Always .PNG

but it seems to be a nice sprite, a little too small actually

Skullkraken

Masuda Methodist
Thanks for the replies! :D

oh well
First of all, do not save in .jpg or .jpeg, it turns the sprite into low quality. Always .PNG

but it seems to be a nice sprite, a little too small actually

Yeah, I wasn't sure what the standard size/format for sprites was so I just ballparked it to under 56 x 56 px.

I always like the GSC-style and I think you used it well. I only think that the nose looks a bit weird.

Ps: It is better to put the link between [/IMG*] (remove * for use)[/QUOTE]

Done! Also, could you be a bit more specific about the nose so I can make adjustments?

noobiess

6 different pokemon
It is placed too low in my opinion. Also it looks diamond-shaped, which doesn't really match the design of your sprite