• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first Gen V Team (Wi-Fi OU)

jab2033

Well, I've been away from Serebii for a while, but have gotten into Gen V competitive battling. This is the first (and only) Gen V team I've build, and it's done fairly well in the 3 test battles I've had with it. I do need to test it more, but thought I should post it for some input.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 54 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Typical Swampert lead for setting up SR. It can scout with Roar, and do decent damage to Gliscor leads and Dragons with Ice Beam. Earthquake for powerful STAB.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Surf
- Dark Pulse

Hydreigon is probably my favorite new Dragon of Gen V OU and my first Special Sweeper. Draco Meteor and Dark Pulse for STAB, with Flamethrower and Surf for additional coverage. Choice Scarf and Timid Nature usually lets it get off one attack before it needs to switch.

Heatran @ Choice Specs (Possibly Air Balloon...Not really sure...)
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SAtk / 216 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Heatran is my second Special Sweeper, and the first part of my team's FWG core. Modest Nature + Choice Specs boost it's already decent power. Flamethrower for STAB and Dragon Pulse hits Dragon opponents. HP Grass hits its Water/Rock/Ground Weakness set, and Earth Power for more type coverage. I'm considering giving it the Air Balloon to evade an Earthquake for a turn, but not sure about that.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 16 Atk / 180 Def / 100 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Taunt

Ah, Gyarados. One of my all-time favorites since the RBY days, and still a beast here. BulkyGyara version on this set to take Fighting, Water, and Ground attacks aimed at Heatran. Due to the abundance of new Fighting Types, Bounce takes priority over Earthquake. Taunt shuts down Pokemon trying to cripple Gyarados with things like Thunder Wave.

Virizion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Virizion is probably my favorite of the new Legendary Pokemon trio, and my Physical Sweeper. A Swords Dance boosts its attack, allowing it to grant more OHKOs. I like Sacred Sword over Close Combat due to more PP. As the final part of my team's FWG core, Virizion can absorb Electric and Rock attacks aimed at Gyarados.

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Gyro Ball

Forretress fills my final slot being a Rapid Spinner and a secondary lure for Heatran's Flash Fire. More Entry Hazards in the form of Spikes and Toxic Spikes are a given, as is Rapid Spin. I considered Payback and Explosion, but I want to keep Forretress alive so Explosion was out. Gyro Ball is much more powerful than Payback with 0 IVs as well, not to mention STAB.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's it. The only thing I am not willing to change is my team's core (Heatran, Gyarados, and Virizion). I'm open to other changes, however.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
You have a forretress, there is no need for swampert, seeing as swampert sucks. Go with a gastrodon since it keeps the type synergy and you now have a more prominent rain check. (pun)

jab2033

You have a forretress, there is no need for swampert, seeing as swampert sucks. Go with a gastrodon since it keeps the type synergy and you now have a more prominent rain check. (pun)

Can you give me a moveset for it?

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Oh yeah, right, forgot.
Gastrodon@leftovers
Calm
Storm drain
Ev's 252 hp, 252 spD, 4 spA
-Ice beam/Scald
-Earth power
-Toxic
-Recover

Scald and Ice beam are really up to you but the rest of the moves should be self explanatory.

jab2033

Oh yeah, right, forgot.
Gastrodon@leftovers
Calm
Storm drain
Ev's 252 hp, 252 spD, 4 spA
-Ice beam/Scald
-Earth power
-Toxic
-Recover

Scald and Ice beam are really up to you but the rest of the moves should be self explanatory.

I'll definitely consider it, but Gastradon can't set up SR, although I suppose I could use Forretress for SR and Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes, since Gastradon can use Toxic.

I can also change Forretress to a physically-defensive set, since Gastradon is Specially Defense.

Would that work?