• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first official RMT

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Hello beautiful, how're you? Thanks for stopping by. I've rated teams and yet I never seem to post any of mine. So, without further adeui, I present my team. BUT FIRST! My team being built.

First, I wanted to add something that my teams always lack: a dual screener. I see them used and never really tend to use them myself. So, after looking through who has access to them and stopping myself from picking the ever-popular Bronzong, I've landed on Claydol. Nice defensive spread and access to Rapid Spin is lovely.

After deciding on Claydol, I wanted a physical sweeper that helped Claydol's weaknesses. Going back a few generations, I chose Metagross for it's excellent typing, ability, and access to priority Bullet Punch.

So two down, four to go. After filling two slots, I realized I needed a lead. Whimsicott be damned, I chose Mienshao. Access to Fake Out, Regenerator and U-Turn is beautiful if I say so myself.

So, with a lead stapled now, what else can I place? Well, after a visit to the Dream World and having past success, I invest myself into Slowbro. Nice stats, great ability to compliment, it's goin' down.

So, with two slots left and the team slowly starting to form, this is where I get unorthodox. With all these speedy fellas around, I need someone to help with it. So Whimsicott, you may leave. Jumping back to Gen. 3, I choose Swellow. Base 125 and access to Tailwind to help the rest of my team is pretty nice.

Last slot. So what're we thinking? Special Sweeper? Ferrothorn? Tyranitar? No. I chose someone who I believe is very gimmicky and cute. Watchog. Although his stats lack, he has a set that I'll demonstrate that can be rather frustrating if set up properly.

So, without wasting anymore time, here it is!

Mienshao@Life Orb
Hasty
252 Spd/252Atk/4 HP
Regenerator
-Fake Out
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-HJK

Pretty standard Shao. Fake Out on entrance. U-Turn out for danger or HP restoration. Edge for coverage and HJK for STAB.

Claydol@Light Clay
Relaxed
252 Def/252 Sp.Def/4 HP
Levitate
-Rapid Spin
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Earth Power/Psyshock

Need some help on this guy with EVs and last move. Spin for hazards and screens are obvious. Light Clay for extended screens. Last move I'm unsure of.

Metagross@Muscle Band
Adament
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP
Clear Body
-Bullet Punch
-Agility
-Hammer Arm/Pursuit/Zen Headbutt
-Hammer Arm/Pursuit/Zen Headbutt

Was gonna Scarf or Band him, but I feel he's bulky enough to set up an Agility when he switches in. Bullet Punch gets STAB and priority. Agility gives him +2 Speed. Last two moves I'm unsure of. I could go Hammer Arm, but that causes me to lose my speed boosts. Pursuit gives me a nice hit on the switch, so I'm leaning more towards that. Zen Headbutt gives flinch and STAB, so that also works, but let me know what you think.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Relaxed
*Need help on the EVs*
Regenerator
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Flamethrower/Psychic/Yawn/Toxic
-Flamethrower/Psychic/Yawn/Toxic

Youmadbro? RegenBro gives nice recovery everytime he switches out. I noticed this Slowbro is heavy on status affliction. Anyway, Scald for STAB and to cripple physical attackers. Slack Off for recovery if I don't need a switch or if I sense a Pursuiter. Last two slots I need some help with. Flamethrower takes care of Grass and Ice types who try and take Scald on and it also gets burn chance. Psychic gives STAB and chance to drop Sp.Def. Yawn is there so that I can use it, take a hit, switch and have Regen activate and switch into something else like Metagross. They then fall asleep and switch, causing sleep to haunt that Pokemon. Well, and there's Toxic, but that's more for walling.

Swellow@Focus Sash
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Spd/4 Sp.Def
Scrappy
-Tailwind
-Endeavor
-Quick Attack
-U-Turn

That's right, FEAR Swellow. FEAR is used like so:Swellow is sent out. Opponent uses a potential KOing move. BUT WAIT! Swellow has Focus Sash! Swellow then uses Endeavor. BOTH AT 1 HP WHUT? After this, Swellow uses Quick Attack for the KO, then when the next Pokemon comes in, U-Turn to safety. Tailwind is there in case I suspect a switch out or want to set up then U-Turn out. Scrappy allows FEAR to hit Ghosts.

Watchog@Wide Lens
Naive
252 Spd/252 Sp.Atk/4 HP
-Hypnosis
-Dream Eater
-Super Fang
-Mean Look

Rather gimmicky. Hypnosis first turn. Nature and item help accomplish the set up, After that, use Mean Look. With Mean Look in effect, the opponent is stuck sleeping. Now, if Watchog had taken a hit, use Dream Eater. If not, go for the jugular with Super Fang.

Well, this is my team. I know I have no entry hazards, but honestly, I don't care. ^_^ Rate away.
Also, I will not change team members. I am open to changing natures, items, moves, anything else.​

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
cough bump cough

nice team:)
About slowbro... I would use this set.

Slowbro@Leftovers
Relaxed
*252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA*
Regenerator
-Scald
-Slack Off
-Psychic/Flamethrower
-Yawn/Toxic

This set is pure defense, Claydol's light screen supports his Sp Def... 2 attacks, 1 recovery move and 1 status.

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
um why do you have a hasty Mienshao?jolly is a better nature that you wont lose any defense

and for swellow most ppl know how to counter this UNLESS they only have one pokemon left

i think this wound be a better set

swellow.png

Swello@Flame Orb
Jolly
252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Guts
-Facade
-Brave Bird
-U-Turn
-Protect

this is a good set,i know because i am currently using it

Last edited:

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Well, my reasoning is this: Mienshao is shiny. He is hasty natured. I wanted to use him, and since his nature was decent, I am. Although Jolly would be "better", he's not meant to stay and fight.

toawest1

Pokemon Trainer
Well, my reasoning is this: Mienshao is shiny. He is hasty natured. I wanted to use him, and since his nature was decent, I am. Although Jolly would be "better", he's not meant to stay and fight.

o i get you but i think you need to change the swellow unless he is shiny to lol

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
A good well rounded team although i would think about evolving slowbro to slow king.for his move set i would use something more like this
psychic
scald/surf
ice beam (insted of slack off sense it has regenerator)
flamthrower/trump card(if you evolve it)

most ice types take neautral damage off of psychic and ice type moves arn't very effective against water types so flamethower is kind of a mute point unless your against a steel type in which case you should use a water type move (unless its empolyion) or switch out to something with a type advantage like meinshao. as far as evs go boost hp,special def, and special atk espicially if you go with my sugested move set, or you could boost def insted of hp or special def. scince he has high base stats in both. keep in mind this is a offensive build made to be a special atk sweeper,even though it has low speed it should work out nicly due to his bulky defensive stats espicially against special attackers.

Last edited:

hallstromjr

Boston Celtic
A good well rounded team although i would think about evolving slowbro to slow king.for his move set i would use something more like this
psychic
scald/surf
ice beam (insted of slack off sense it has regenerator)
yawn/flamthrower/trump card (if you evolve it)

most ice types take neautral damage off of psychic and ice type moves arn't very effective against water types so flamethower is kind of a mute point unless your against a steel type in which case you should use a water type move (unless its empolyion) or switch out to something with a type advantage like meinshao. as far as evs go boost hp,special def, and special atk espicially if you go with my sugested move set.

Dude..really? Slowbro is the final evolution. Sloking evolves from Slowpoke..read the Serebii man.

Twilightphoenix

Elite Trainer
oh like you don't ever make a mistake lol. im not mad just irratated about how you said it. but seriously slowking is much better than slowbro so use him if possible.

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
Slowbro and Slowking have pretty identical stats except that the defenses are swapped. Claydol already has the special side covered and it wouldn't hurt to have Slowbro.

CloudVII

Push It To The Limit
bumper cars.