• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Online/Competitive Team *Rate Plz*

Skyler14

Edit: updated based on people imput

As the title says this is my first online team and even though I am a long time
pokemon fan so here it goes!

I am open to any ideas you may have weither it is changing a pokemon or a move, but in general I enjoy using pokemon that can hold their own but are not pokemon you see every other battle. No legendaries please.

Is there a viable Eeveelution team for OU?
My Team: ;286; ;197; ;230; ;028; ;003; ;128;

Can someone suggest a better lead?
;286;
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Effect Spore
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Mach Punch

This is my opener. First of sleep the enemy, then switch out to a counter or wail on them with Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. The mach punch is to take care of Weavile and the like.

;197;
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Nature: Bold
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Defence/ 252 Special Defence
-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Protect
-Wish

Ah, I love this guy he is one of the best, if not the best, annoyer in the game
(IMO). Trap em and toxic, after that protect when you don't need to heal.

;230;
Kingdra@Lum Berry
Ability:Sniper
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Return
-Outrage

Anyone I can use besides Claydol?
;028;
Sandslash @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Defence/ 252 Speed
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Sandstorm

This one is purely of my own creation, or at least as far as I know. Basicly rapid spin any spikes away then set up my own and roar. i threw sandstorm in there to take advantage of his ablility.

I don't have a Celebii
;003;
Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Substitute
-Sludge Bomb

I found this little gem on the web. With the leftovers, leech seed,
and ingrain all working togeather it heals about 25% per turn. Then setup a sub and sludge bomb away.

;128;
Tauros @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
-Zen Headbut
-Return
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Eh not much to say just a nice sweeper.

Last edited:

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Double Team isn't allowed in Competitve play. So...

if your looking for a trapper, then go with the following moveset: (on umbreon)
-Mean Look
-Baton Pass
-Wish
-Curse/Toxic/Payback/Yawn

something like that.
YOu mean look the guy, baton pass or curse/toxic/yawn to get status or boost stats, then baton pass.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
I'm not sure Breloom is the best choice of a lead, the 4x Fire weakness is exposed and there is really no set up moves that are effective...

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
i dont know about having multiple weather changes in your team try only one of them

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
I'm not sure Breloom is the best choice of a lead, the 4x Fire weakness is exposed and there is really no set up moves that are effective...

Breloom is 2x Fire weak.

You could try to spore opposing leads, but leads such as Aerodactyl and Azelf will taunt you. Infernape will use Fake out breaking your sash and follow up with Fire Blast/Overheat.

MajorGambit

You should either replace breelom and kingdra and play in UU or rethink your team.

Many pokes you use are outclassed by others, you don't have answers to the most common threats in OU.

Playing with your favotires generally screws the competitivity of your team.

King45King

Im Just a King.
As the title says this is my first online team and even though I am a long time

pokemon fan so here it goes!

I am open to any ideas you may have weither it is changing a pokemon or a move, but

in general I enjoy using pokemon that can hold their own but are not pokemon you

see every other battle. No legendaries please.

My Team: ;286; ;197; ;230; ;028; ;003; ;128;

;286;
Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Effect Spore
-Spore
-Seed Bomb
-Focus Punch
-Mach Punch

This is my opener. First of sleep the enemy, then switch out to a counter or wail. Well try not to Lead with Breloom As there is alot of Aero Taunters Out there And you may even See Lum Metagross.I suggest you Keep breloom But think about another Solid Lead..Maby someone like Metagross or Swampert

on them with Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. The mach punch is to take care of Weavile

and the like.

;197;
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
-Toxic
-Mean Look
-Double Team
-Wish/Moonlight

Ah, I love this guy he is one of the best, if not the best, annoyer in the game

(IMO). Trap em and toxic, after that double team when you dont need to heal. Also

can someone help me with which healing move is better.Wish is a better Healing move when you have Protect with you..If I was you i would put protect instead of Double Team

;230;
Kingdra @ Damp Rock
Ability: Swift Swim
Nature: Modest
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Special Attack/ 252 Speed
-Rain Dance
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam

Kingdra takes full advatage of his ability here with rain dance. After that he can

out run most of the competition. your kindra is ok But...If i was you i would go all physical Maby get rid of Swift Swim and Go To a physicial set....
Kingdra@Lum Berry
Ability:Sniper
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-*Return/Sub
-Outrage
That is really A good Kindra Set that you might wanna use.

;028;
Sandslash @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Veil
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 6 HP/ 252 Defence/ 252 Speed
-Rapid Spin
-Stealth Rock
-Roar
-Sandstorm

This one is purely of my own creation, or at least as far as I know. Basicly rapid. There are way better rapid spinners than this guy..Ect Claydol

spin any spikes away then set up my own and roar. i threw sandstorm in there to

take advantage of his ablility.

;003;
Venusaur @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Substitute
-Sludge Bomb

I found this little gem on the web. With the leftovers, leech seed,
and ingrain all working togeather it heals about 25% per turn. Then setup a sub and
Celebi's Calling you.It's saying Use me instead of vena.
sludge bomb away.

;128;
Tauros @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
-Zen Headbut
-Return
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

Eh not much to say just a nice sweeper.
I dont know if this was suppost to be a UU Team But um....Tauros Gets Smashed By Infernape So yea...Infernape would be good here.

Zenotwapal his umbreon is perfect,
dd2014 is right about the lead. Fire/Fighting isn't really recomending, lots of fire leads, ones that are psychic and even ninjask could get rid of your Breloom. Airhorton also showed you that Breloom isn't the best lead.

Like shiny bagon said, sandstorm does not fit your team, only sandslash doesn't take sandstorm damage. Next to that, Sandslash isn't going to last long. You should take a more bulkier pokemon to have the roll of phazer.
Stealth rock is more effective in the start then late game with Sandslash (unless your team is not in order)

King45king made the perfect set for Kingdra (if you don't want to keep rain dance).

Not much left to help you, maybe you could use a faster lead.
Also give Tauros a Life Orb instead of Leftovers, he is made for solid sweeping. Not for taking hits, with life orb he will ko more.

I look forward to your team once you've adjusted it;) not a bad team for your first time though:)

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Zenotwapal his umbreon is perfect,
dd2014 is right about the lead. Fire/Fighting isn't really recomending, lots of fire leads, ones that are psychic and even ninjask could get rid of your Breloom. Airhorton also showed you that Breloom isn't the best lead.

Like shiny bagon said, sandstorm does not fit your team, only sandslash doesn't take sandstorm damage. Next to that, Sandslash isn't going to last long. You should take a more bulkier pokemon to have the roll of phazer.
Stealth rock is more effective in the start then late game with Sandslash (unless your team is not in order)

King45king made the perfect set for Kingdra (if you don't want to keep rain dance).

Not much left to help you, maybe you could use a faster lead.
Also give Tauros a Life Orb instead of Leftovers, he is made for solid sweeping. Not for taking hits, with life orb he will ko more.

I look forward to your team once you've adjusted it;) not a bad team for your first time though:)

Sorry to disagree, but his Umbreon isn't allowed to know Double Team if he's gonna use this team competitivly.

and Wish is always more useful, unless on a Sunny Day team, use Moonlight.

King45King

Im Just a King.
Well...who said it did protect Stealth Rocks?

Dude...I'd recommend a Claydol Or...Maby A Technitop

Hitmontop
Fake Out
Close Combat
Rapid spin
stone edge/bullet Punch =P

Sorry to disagree, but his Umbreon isn't allowed to know Double Team if he's gonna use this team competitivly.

and Wish is always more useful, unless on a Sunny Day team, use Moonlight.

ah no that is not what i meant lol, i tried to say that the umbreon you suggested is perfect to use.
sorry for the bad english lol.

CrossTheRoad

Incoming 8th Grader
Breloom is a very common lead as to being taken down.
You need to replace Breloom's Mach punch with Substitute. (I do realize that you want to take out weavile, but youre better off)
Ability would be better with Poison Heal, and then giving it a toxic orb.
It will act kind of like a leftovers.

Umbreon is good.

Why dont you like claydol? He works just fine.

Venausaur, you should add Energy Ball, somewhere in there. Meibie in place of substitute, Venausaur isn't made for that.

dd2014

Gardevior= Hottie!!!
Breloom is 2x Fire weak.

You could try to spore opposing leads, but leads such as Aerodactyl and Azelf will taunt you. Infernape will use Fake out breaking your sash and follow up with Fire Blast/Overheat.

Oh yes, sorry. Silly me!

Haha. But yeah, Claydol makes a great lead for your mixed tier team, even though I doubt he would survive in the OU tier.