• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first OU and RMT!

eltruth 7Sin

;068;
Machamp @ Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- DynamicPunch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback
- Stone Edge

Generally my lead (or anti-lead) pokemon. Punches holes through teams. Pretty good coverage. Pretty good bulk. With Magic Guard Alakazam, Levitate Hydreigon, and Rapid Spin Donphan, I'm not worried about Pokemon that can take a hit setting up a free stealth rock/spikes. Lum Berry stops it from being statused by the much faster lead pokemon of other teams. Does have some trouble with Sub-Boost-Baton Pass pokemon.

;065;
Alakazam @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Pretty much a revenge killer. Fast as they come and with great coverage. Magic Guard saves it from Life Orb recoil and Stealth Rocks/Spikes/Burn/Toxic. Obviously, a glass cannon, wrecked by priority moves and the rare faster pokemon. Also, there is always the chance that Focus Blast misses and... huge hole!

:612:
Haxorus @ Expert Belt
Trait: Mold Breaker
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Tail
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Superpower

A monstrosity, great at punching through teams. The varied coverage leads me to use Expert Belt, as I get a lot of super-effective hits, but perhaps an item change is in order. Haxorus is not as effective as I had hoped, I have to say. Often outsped and unable to pick through more than one or two pokemon, I have given serious thought to a booster move over the infuriating Aqua Tail.

:635:
Hydreigon @ Expert Belt
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Superpower

Like Haxorus, a beast. Able to create gaping holes in most teams. Also like Haxorus, unable to last more than one or two pokemon. This was a limitation I expected from it, though, Again, expert belt over other items because of the good coverage.

;232;
Donphan @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Shard

A dedicated rapid-spinner. Also great at laying Stealth Rock. An excellent switch-in for the predicted electric attack. Ice shard gives it some value as a way to pick off faster/dragon/flying pokemon. Bulk usually lets it survive a non-super effective attack and hit back with at least one Earthquake.

:598:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 168 SDef / 252 HP / 88 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

A wall for the ages. Especially useful against the common rain team. Great at laying down SR and Spikes. Thunder Wave is infinitely helpful at stopping sweepers in their tracks, allowing Haxorus or Hydreigon to clean them up.

Hayate Ayasaki

You have 3 ice weaknesses and not a singles resistance (ferrothorn is nuetral)
and 2 fighting type weaknesses and only one resistance in alakazam who cant take a hit

I suggest you take out haxorus for something that resists those, you could give it dragon dance but both salamence and dragonite are superior at that and you could give it swords dance but garchomp is generally superior at that

change hydreigons nature to modest/mild/rash there arent any threats it can outspeed with a hasty nature that it cant with a nuetral one. replace expert belt with life orb your moveset is only super effective on 7 types out of 17 and personally I would replace dark pulse with earthpower/earthquake for better coverage and an OHKO on heatran

I'm also worried that you have no answer to specs tornadus in the rain but ts not as popular as tornadus-T was

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
not a bad team, i rate later today if thats ok, for now the team looks strong against dragons etc, for a non weather team, it looks solid but it seems sun teams, and trick room teams will be a problem

Hayate Ayasaki

I switched out Haxorus for a Mamoswine. I have not run it yet, though

Now you have 3 fighting weaknesses and still no ice resitances :L you must really hate dragon pokemon because thats what your team seems geared towards beat xD

Would you swap hydregon for Latios? Kinda does the same thing as hydreigon but it resists fighting and is a lot faster?

Heres the set I use the most

Latios@Choice Specs
Timid
Draco Meteor | Psyshock | Surf | trick
4hp | 252Sp.atk | 252 Speed

Its more of a hit and run pokemon and trick can cripple walls like blissey/chansey e.t.c.

eltruth 7Sin

I'll try out Latios. I run my Mamoswine with Thick Fat (since Hail teams are exceedingly rare and it's always great to see the rage when a fire-type move doesn't do what it was expected to and I return with an Earthquake) so I do have an ice resist. Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I run a ton of Anti-dragon because they're so common and Dragonite, Garchomp, etc. are basically unbeatable after a boost or two.

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
you don't need mamo due to the fighting weakness, try this ...

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -sp atk)
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch/ice punch
- U Turn
- Trick

this can be your ice resist and can scout pokes, not only that with choice scarf and iron head you can pretty much deal with a lot of pokes even dragons