• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first OU ORAS team

Gusema

I am planning to do my first team in ORAS and would like to receive an opinion:

Aggron - Aggronite
Impish, Sturdy
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
- Metal Burst
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is the main Pokemon of the team, once i saw his stats and ability I instantly wanted to do a team with it. Rest/Slee Talk helps keeping me alive while dragon tail sends away annoying things. I like to run Metal Burst instead of Iron Head because people tend to try to kill Aggron with Mega Evolutions like Megga Medichan Hi Jump Kick and Metal Burst does a huge damage after this.

Chansey - Eviolite
Calm, Natural Cure
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled
- Light Screen/Stealth Rock

It does a great pair with Mega Aggron, while she absorbs the special attacks Aggron takes the physical ones. I run thunder wave instead of Toxic because this way i can ruin a lot of offensive sets. Sesmic Toss is to when i need damage. I tried Ligth Screen but it isn't very useful so i usually use Sealth rocks.

Volcarona - Leftovers
Modest, Flame Body
252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Fire Blast

I was affraid of using it due to the lack of Defog or Rapid Spin but it has worked very nicely since i easily set a Quiver Dance in front of a deffensive Pokemon and then just have to start cleaning everything. Substitu protects me from things like thunder wave and Toxic.

Slaking - Choice Band
Adamant, Truant
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
- Retaliate
- Giga Impact
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

This is the one i think hasn't suited best in the team. I love to Revenge kill and people tend to understimate him but I think this is the weaker Pokemon in the team. Giga Impact is to when i dont mind sitting one turn and Pursuit is to kill that Pokemon that wants to run away.

Salamence - Choice Scarf
Naughty, Intimidate
252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Salamence in the Pokemon that i use when i have to get rid of something fast. Outrage and Earthquake are very powerfull and Dragon claw is to when I dont want to be confused. I was not sure with using Fire Blast but it is really helpful and leaves the opponent confused.

Florges - Pixie Plate
Modest, Flower Veil
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Psychic

Florges is kind like Slaking. I wanted another Special wall that could also hit hard and tried Florges. I have to say that i am a bit disappointed. I have difficulties in pulling out good wishes and I find it kinda hard to switch in. Moonblast is the main damage source while Psychic is only a coverage move although it does cover almost nothing.