• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first real OU team

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I have teams but this team I think can be very succesful.

At a Glance:
dpmba291.png
dpmba477.png
dpmba475.png
dpmba474.png
dpmba232.png
dpfba242.png

In Depth:
ninjask.png

Ninjask

Ninjask@Leftovers
Nature:Adamant
Ev's:228Hp/60Atk/192Def/30Spe
Moves
Protect
Substitute
X-Scissor
Batonpass

My lead.First turn I use protect to get a speed boost then I put up a sub. for another speed boost then baton pass to one of my sweepers. Ev's allow for four subs with max IV in Hp.X-Scissor is a good stab move to help me cover grass.

dusknoir.png

Dusknoir

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Nature:Impish
EV's:228Hp/28Atk/252Def
Moves
Will'O Wisp
Pain Split
Earthquake
Thunder Punch

Basic Dusknoir. EQ for coverage elemental punch will o wisp for burn and pain split for his poor Hp.

gallade.png

Gallade

Gallade@Life Orb
Ev's:96Hp/252Atk/162Spe
Moves
Swords Dance
Close Combat
Night Slash
Psycho Cut

My physical sweeper. After a ninjask speed boost or two he is very fast and with his very high attack and after a swords dance it will cut through almost anything.

porygon-z.png

Porygon-Z
Porygon-Z@Life Orb(Adaptabilty)
Nature;Modest
Ev's:4Hp/252Spa/252Spe
Moves
Tri-Attack
HP Fighting
Icebeam/Nasty Plot
Dark Pulse

I know its a basic Ev spread but for Porygon-Z it works! The main problem with Porygon-Z is his speed but after a baton passed speed boost he is a monster.Tri-Attack will rip through just about anything the other moves are just for coverage.

donphan.png

Donphan
Donphan@Leftovers
Nature:Impish
Ev's:252Hp/4Atk/252Def
Moves
Rapid Spin
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Shard

My set up guy. I have Earthquake for coverage and ice shard for and dragons or grass types coming my teams way. Rapid Spin is a must and so is StealthRock.

blissey.png

Blissey
Blissey@Leftovers
Nature:Calm
Ev's:252Def/80Spa/176Spd
Protect
Wish
Thunder Wave
Flamethrower

A standard Blissey. Protect on a fighting move switch into Dusknoir to force a switch if it is a choice item.T- Wave is to slow others wish to heal others

Any questions I will answer and please give me any advice. Thanks
Changes are in Red

Last edited:

GS Fan

Advanced Trainer
I am not the best at competitive battling (I'm still getting the hang of EV's), but the set up of your party seems pretty good. You could probably do a little better than Ninjask for your initial speed attacker, but everything looks good.
;212; (Raise Scizor's base speed with Carbos, and he is much stronger than Ninjask)

Hydration

Berlitz Fan
I don't know a lot of the teams power relies on ninjask being able to successfully pass speed to folks (multiple times actually). My question is can your fragile sweepers survive without the speed boost if the scenario occurs?

Drybones446

That Photography Guy
Porygon-Z and Gallade all depend on whether they will get a Speed Boost or not.

Choice Scarf on either of them works great as a revenge killer.

joerachi

The Blazing Tempest
Id put calm mind on blissey if possible to make the beast practically invincable to special moves.

For ninjask. id put a petaya berry on it so substitute activates that and sweeps are more reliable. Also what i do for ninjask is i replace X-scissor with SD. Of course this makes ninjask a one time trick. Chances are though You'll never get a chance with either of those with ninjasks subs getting the s*** smacked out of them. but on the off chance you do get a SD in then you BP the stats to sweep with Gallade or Pory.-Z.

Of course this only my view of things. on overall i give this team a 8.4/10

Witch of 'Cos

i love the pee pees
Ninjask leads normally phail badly. They are Taunted, and hit with priotrity moves.

And teams that base themselves on them, fail once they die.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
****ing serebii lag lost me my first post :mad:

basically i said:
You can run taunt over X-scissor on Ninjask, which lets your taunt SR leads (you need to run more speed) and prevent other leads from taunting you, X-scissor is pretty useless anyway, an attacking move for the sake of an attaking move is pointless in my opinion, especially when the pokemon is something as pathetic as ninjask.

you are quite Gyara weak, run thunder punch over EQ to help with this.

Also consider running timid scarf latias to counter Salamence, over porygon-Z, you should also get rid of donphan for something that can abuse ninjasks Speed pass more, SD Scizor for example.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
I don't know a lot of the teams power relies on ninjask being able to successfully pass speed to folks (multiple times actually). My question is can your fragile sweepers survive without the speed boost if the scenario occurs?

Yes I am pretty sure Porygon-Z can take a hit and Gallade can def. take a special hit but physical I dont know about.

Porygon-Z and Gallade all depend on whether they will get a Speed Boost or not.

Choice Scarf on either of them works great as a revenge killer.

So on Porygon-z how about I put Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs

Id put calm mind on blissey if possible to make the beast practically invincable to special moves.

For ninjask. id put a petaya berry on it so substitute activates that and sweeps are more reliable. Also what i do for ninjask is i replace X-scissor with SD. Of course this makes ninjask a one time trick. Chances are though You'll never get a chance with either of those with ninjasks subs getting the s*** smacked out of them. but on the off chance you do get a SD in then you BP the stats to sweep with Gallade or Pory.-Z.

Of course this only my view of things. on overall i give this team a 8.4/10

If I give it SD only Gallade would benefit from it. But then again if I give Choice Scarf to Porygon-Z than I could just BP to Gallade.

****ing serebii lag lost me my first post :mad:

basically i said:
You can run taunt over X-scissor on Ninjask, which lets your taunt SR leads (you need to run more speed) and prevent other leads from taunting you, X-scissor is pretty useless anyway, an attacking move for the sake of an attaking move is pointless in my opinion, especially when the pokemon is something as pathetic as ninjask.

you are quite Gyara weak, run thunder punch over EQ to help with this.

Also consider running timid scarf latias to counter Salamence, over porygon-Z, you should also get rid of donphan for something that can abuse ninjasks Speed pass more, SD Scizor for example.

Ok I will run Thunderpunch instead of EQ. I was thinking about putting taunt in there and I must have Donphan cause if I dont than I dont have a stealthrocker or a rapid spinner

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Ok I will run Thunderpunch instead of EQ. I was thinking about putting taunt in there and I must have Donphan cause if I dont than I dont have a stealthrocker or a rapid spinner

you don't need a rapid spinner, and donphan doesn't do much of anything for your team at all, unless you replace it for something else then ninjask is completely pointless.
and i just gave you reasons why you should run EQ.
run Meteor mash, EQ and thunder/ice punch. Everyone has told you to use EQ, that should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
you don't need a rapid spinner, and donphan doesn't do much of anything for your team at all, unless you replace it for something else then ninjask is completely pointless.
and i just gave you reasons why you should run EQ.
run Meteor mash, EQ and thunder/ice punch. Everyone has told you to use EQ, that should pretty much tell you all you need to know.

WHAT? You said run Thunderpunch cause I am Gyra weak and where did you get meteor mash from on dusknoir?Also a rapid spinner is a must on any team. And Ninjask's main point is for my Gallade and Porygon-z not Donphan

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
WHAT? You said run Thunderpunch cause I am Gyra weak and where did you get meteor mash from on dusknoir?Also a rapid spinner is a must on any team. And Ninjask's main point is for my Gallade and Porygon-z not Donphan

i seriously don't know.
i could've sworn we where discussing metagross.
i've probably got a brain tumour or something.

and yeah but the only one who can really make use of it is Gallade, since porygon-Z is locked into one move so he can't sweep as effectively.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
i seriously don't know.
i could've sworn we where discussing metagross.
i've probably got a brain tumour or something.

and yeah but the only one who can really make use of it is Gallade, since porygon-Z is locked into one move so he can't sweep as effectively.

lol um Porygon-z's Tri-Attack takes out a ton of stuff I will try Choice Specs but if I get walled eaisly I will switch the item to life orb.

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Anymore rater's? Come on guys I need to know is there a big threat that could sweep my team or a problem with it?

EDIT: I switched Porygon-Z' Dark Pulse for Psychic because Tri Attack would do the same damage as Dark Pulse

Last edited:

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
You might want to switch Psychic back to Dark Pulse or better yet HP: Fighting for T-tar. Psychic has terrible coverage. And no, Tri Attack does not deal the same damage as Dark Pulse. Tri Attack is boosted by Adaptability, Choice Specs, and STAB. Dark Pulse is just boosted by Choice Specs. Dark Pulse can take care of all ghost types except Spiritomb or Dusknoir. HP:Fighting can deal with Tyranitar.

Lucario0708

Destiny Combining...
theres one thing wrong with your team, i could send in a lucario with calm mind, psychic, dark pulse, and aura sphere that would OHKO all your team members, i suggest teaching blissey psychic because a fighting type would OHKO it, remove donphan and put in lucario as a special sweeper, remove gallades close combat for another fighting move as CC is reckless and could seriously leave gallade a sitting duck

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
You might want to switch Psychic back to Dark Pulse or better yet HP: Fighting for T-tar. Psychic has terrible coverage. And no, Tri Attack does not deal the same damage as Dark Pulse. Tri Attack is boosted by Adaptability, Choice Specs, and STAB. Dark Pulse is just boosted by Choice Specs. Dark Pulse can take care of all ghost types except Spiritomb or Dusknoir. HP:Fighting can deal with Tyranitar

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
theres one thing wrong with your team, i could send in a lucario with calm mind, psychic, dark pulse, and aura sphere that would OHKO all your team members, i suggest teaching blissey psychic because a fighting type would OHKO it, remove donphan and put in lucario as a special sweeper, remove gallades close combat for another fighting move as CC is reckless and could seriously leave gallade a sitting duck

LOL wow ok I know you like Lucario and all but you can not OHKO all of my team members. In fact I could actually OHKO your lucario with Close Combat.Lucario can only OHKO Ninjask and maybe Dusknoir.

You might want to switch Psychic back to Dark Pulse or better yet HP: Fighting for T-tar. Psychic has terrible coverage. And no, Tri Attack does not deal the same damage as Dark Pulse. Tri Attack is boosted by Adaptability, Choice Specs, and STAB. Dark Pulse is just boosted by Choice Specs. Dark Pulse can take care of all ghost types except Spiritomb or Dusknoir. HP:Fighting can deal with Tyranitar

For HP Fighting do you know what Iv's I would need also I want max Iv's in Spa and decent speed(25-31)

Ninjask@Leftovers
Moves
Protect
Substitute
X-Scissor
Batonpass

No. Just no. It's not really a good lead unless used against n00bs who let you set up on them.. and besides, what the hell is with this spread? Ev's in defense? what is ninjask really going to survive even with 252 evs? nothing.. This is a better spread: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe and that's all i really have to say atm.

lkelder0511

To smogon (Y)
LOL wow ok I know you like Lucario and all but you can not OHKO all of my team members. In fact I could actually OHKO your lucario with Close Combat.Lucario can only OHKO Ninjask and maybe Dusknoir.

For HP Fighting do you know what Iv's I would need also I want max Iv's in Spa and decent speed(25-31)

Odd/odd/odd/even/even/even so 31/31/31/30/30/30 is your max for hp fighting

Last edited:

shiny bagon

<- OH **** YEA!!!!!
Ninjask@Leftovers
Moves
Protect
Substitute
X-Scissor
Batonpass

No. Just no. It's not really a good lead unless used against n00bs who let you set up on them.. and besides, what the hell is with this spread? Ev's in defense? what is ninjask really going to survive even with 252 evs? nothing.. This is a better spread: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe and that's all i really have to say atm.

I think Sub. takes Def.Ev's into account to see if it survives(im not 100% sure thou) if someone could clear this up that would help.

Odd/odd/odd/even/even/even so 31/31/31/30/30/30 is your max for hp fighting

Can it be any number that is odd or even?