• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MY first RMT.Help! I Love Water pokemon and need help!

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
I want a good water type team and i need help with mine please. I know it'll be difficult,but I wanted it to focus on Milotic,it being my favorite pokemon but, also work without it,just in case of fainting. This team serves as one of my singles and doubles teams.

260.png

(M)@(none)
Ability: Torrent
Hardy Nature(Neutral)
-Ice Beam
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

594.png

(F)@(none)
Ability:Healer
Quirky Nature(Neutral)
-Protect
-Wake-Up-Slap
-Rain Dance
-Water Pulse

419.png

(F)@(none)
Ability:Swift Swim
Quiet Nature(Sp.Atk+,Speed-)
-Brick Break
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Bulk up

134.png

(M)@(none)
Ability:Water Absorb
Bashful(Neutral)
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Aqua Ring
-Ice Beam

350.png

(M)@(none)
Ability:Marvel Scale
Quiet(Sp.Atk+,Speed-)
-Surf
-Toxic
-Recover
-Bulldoze

171.png

(M)@(none)
Ability:Illuminate
Modest(Sp.Atk+,Attack-)
-Thunderbolt
-Aqua Ring
-Bounce
-Surf

Pleas help me. Any criticism is helpful and okay. Please have the changes in bold. I'm not a very good battler at the time. Hoping to get better. <3^__^<3

Last edited:

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I want a good water type team and i need help with mine please. I know it'll be difficult,but I wanted it to focus on Milotic,it being my favorite pokemon but, also work without it,just in case of fainting. This team serves as my singles and doubles team.

260.png

(M)@(none)
Hardy Nature(Neutral)
-Ice Beam
-Muddy Water
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Don't know.

594.png

(F)@(none)
Ability:Healer
Quirky Nature(Neutral)
-Protect
-Wake-Up-Slap
-Rain Dance
-Water Pulse

Don't know.

419.png

(F)@(none)
Jolly Nature(Speed+, Sp. atk-)
-Brick Break
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet

Floatzel is too frail to make good use of bulk up, so you should probably teach it aqua jet instead so it has a priority move. Jolly nature for a speed increase.

134.png

(M)@(none)
Modest
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Aqua Ring
-Ice Beam

It looks alright other than the nature, I'm not sure about aqua ring though. But I'm not sure what to replace it with.

350.png

(M)@(none)
Timid
-Surf
-Toxic
-Recover
-Ice beam

Ice beam>bulldoze. Milotic's attack stat is pretty bad, so you'll want to use a special attack. Timid nature because Milotic's speed isn't all that great and the speed increase from a timid nature will help make up for that.

171.png

(M)@(none)
Ability:Volt Absorb
Modest(Sp.Atk+,Attack-)
-Thunderbolt
-Aqua Ring/Thunder wave
-Ice beam
-Surf

Illuminate is a pretty bad ability, so you should go with Volt Absorb instead. Ice beam>bounce because it gets excellent coverage with thunderbolt. Thunder wave is an option because it fixes the problem of Lanturn's poor speed stat.

Pleas help me. Any criticism is helpful and okay. Please have the changes in bold. I'm not a very good battler at the time. Hoping to get better. <3^__^<3

Comments in bold, hope this helps.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Best Set for alomaloma:

:594: :594: :594:
Alomaloma @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Hydration
Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
Moves:
- Rest
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Wish passing and hydrarest stalling (make sure it's in rain, obv. So you might need a drizzletoad). Ftw. I've used this alomaloma before, and it works pretty well.​

Oh, and you should read up on natures, and their effects.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Comments in bold, hope this helps.

Thankyou for the advice. I didn't think of that for my lanturn or my floatzel. Thankyou for my Milotic as well. I had it know Ice Beam before but I changed it to deal with electric types.

Last edited:

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Best Set for alomaloma:

:594: :594: :594:
Alomaloma @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Hydration
Calm
EVs: 252 HP, 128 Def, 128 Sp.Def
Moves:
- Rest
- Toxic
- Protect
- Wish

Wish passing and hydrarest stalling (make sure it's in rain, obv. So you might need a drizzletoad). Ftw. I've used this alomaloma before, and it works pretty well.​

Oh, and you should read up on natures, and their effects.

That's a pretty nice set. Thanks.

All right any more advice guys? I want this team to turn out well and be able to hold its own. Thanks ^_^

260.png

(M)@(Muscle Band)
Adamant/Brave Nature(Neutral)
-Ice Beam/ Avalanche
-Hammer Arm/ Rock Slide/ Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

Swampert has better attack the special attack. Brave nature would be used if you run Avalanche. Hammer Arm hits normal types, Rock Slide is for flying and ice types. Stealth Rock is if Swampert is a lead.

594.png

(F)@(Damp Rock)
Ability:Hydration
Adamant Nature
-Toxic
-Rest
-Rain Dance
-Waterfall

Alomomola is used for Toxic Stalling and setting up Rain Dance for itself and Vaporeon. It's special attack is terrible, it's attack sadly isn't too much higher.

419.png

(F)@(Expert Belt/ Choice Band)
Adamant Nature
-Brick Break
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet/ Crunch

Aqua Jet can be used since Floatzel is a bit frail. Crunch is for coverage.

134.png

(M)@(Leftovers)
Ability:Hydration
Calm/ Hasty
-SurfScald
-Rest
-Toxic
-Ice Beam

Another Toxic Staller, harder to take down than Alomomola. Scald has a chance of burn. Rest is heals Vaporeon, Hydration cures the sleep status at the end of the turn.

350.png

(M)@(Leftovers)
B]Calm/ Hasty[/B]
-Surf/ Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Ice Beam

Scald can cause a burn. Ice Beam is coverage.

171.png

(M)@(none)
Modest
-Thunderbolt
-Aqua Ring/ Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Surf
Ice Beam is coverage, Thunder Wave is to cripple enemies, such as Steel types.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Swampert has better attack the special attack. Brave nature would be used if you run Avalanche. Hammer Arm hits normal types, Rock Slide is for flying and ice types. Stealth Rock is if Swampert is a lead.

Alomomola is used for Toxic Stalling and setting up Rain Dance for itself and Vaporeon. It's special attack is terrible, it's attack sadly isn't too much higher.

Aqua Jet can be used since Floatzel is a bit frail. Crunch is for coverage.

Another Toxic Staller, harder to take down than Alomomola. Scald has a chance of burn. Rest is heals Vaporeon, Hydration cures the sleep status at the end of the turn.

Scald can cause a burn. Ice Beam is coverage.

This helped a bunch. Should i replace waterfall with aqua jet an put in crunch for my floatzel? For Vaporeon I don't know if i could get one with the dream world ability yet.Should I swap some pokemon for other water pokemon? Thankyou everyone.

ZeroEdgeir

DW Vaporeon was only available through the mini-game on the website earlier this year. And all the Eeveeloutions that came out of it were Male, so you can't breed it either. The event is also over now. So yeah, would be VERY difficult. (Well, not impossible... Japanese players can access the Pokemon Cafe area of the DW, which can have DW Eevees show up, but you might need a connection or two to get it.)

Now, if you are going to be using this for in-game, and not competitive, entry hazards aren't as usable (the AI doesn't switch much at all, barring running into a Pokemon they can't hurt at all). The Super Subways are about the only major place you'll need them, and that is just to try and pick up a little extra damage on things like Fire, Bug, and Flying types (and I suppose to break past Sturdy bastards too, so you can OHKO them technically), in the case of Stealth Rocks.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
DW Vaporeon was only available through the mini-game on the website earlier this year. And all the Eeveeloutions that came out of it were Male, so you can't breed it either. The event is also over now. So yeah, would be VERY difficult. (Well, not impossible... Japanese players can access the Pokemon Cafe area of the DW, which can have DW Eevees show up, but you might need a connection or two to get it.)

Now, if you are going to be using this for in-game, and not competitive, entry hazards aren't as usable (the AI doesn't switch much at all, barring running into a Pokemon they can't hurt at all). The Super Subways are about the only major place you'll need them, and that is just to try and pick up a little extra damage on things like Fire, Bug, and Flying types (and I suppose to break past Sturdy bastards too, so you can OHKO them technically), in the case of Stealth Rocks.

I want to use this team for competitive play as well as in-game. For the event I had gotten an Espeon. Thx for the tip. I know an all water type team will be difficult to use. Anything else guys?

Last edited:

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
if its for competitive items are a must and virizion kind of wrecks this whole team, your floatzel seems to be the only thing that might be able to handle it but i doubt that ice fang will OHKO virizion. try to find a counter against virizion

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
if its for competitive items are a must and virizion kind of wrecks this whole team, your floatzel seems to be the only thing that might be able to handle it but i doubt that ice fang will OHKO virizion. try to find a counter against virizion

I didn't recognize that. I taught them ice type moves to deal with grass types. Thanks it was nice to know. So what kind of counters should I use? If it's possible can you go in depth with that please?

ZeroEdgeir

Virizion = Grass/Fighting, high special defense, decent speed

Gyrados is a water type who can likely wreck Virizion. His Ice Fang will hit harder that Floatzel's, Intimidate will knock an Attack Level out of Virizion's offense. He can learn a couple Special-based Fire moves (Fire Blast and Flamethrower), but his Special attack is a little less-favourable. Flying moves, he only gets access to Bounce, via 4th Gen Move Tutor.

Slowpoke or Slowbro are also an option. Water/Psychic, special attackers. Especially the fact you can teach em Psyshock, which will really hurt Virizion's Psychic weakness and much lower physical defense. Starmie is another, which while a little less bulky, it is MUCH faster, and gives you a Rapid Spinner for taking care of entry hazards for competitive, which might be very ideal indeed.

So, here would be a quick example Starmie

Starmie
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpAtt/252 Spd/4 HP
Rapid Spin
Psyshock
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

Okay, I know, it's got no Water moves, but you got plenty of those elsewhere.
Thunderbolt + Ice Beam = BoltBeam coverage (Can hit anything at LEAST Neutrally)
Psyshock is for breaking Virizion, and others with that Psychic vulnerability, or those with high Special Defense but low Physical (Chansey and Blissey).
Rapid Spin to clear entry hazards, just don't try it against Ghosts.

Oh, if you run a Politoed for a rain team, then you can switch Thunderbolt for Thunder.

Last edited:

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
I didn't recognize that. I taught them ice type moves to deal with grass types. Thanks it was nice to know. So what kind of counters should I use? If it's possible can you go in depth with that please?

well i know you have lots of ice beams but after virizion uses just 1 calm mind boosting its already high sp.def, those ice beams won't really be making a dent on virizion especially when it STAB giga drains you, gaining back more hp than the damage it took.

i can't really think of anything water off the top of my head to counter it but a physical flying attack can take out virizion like its nothing. maybe gyarados because it has stab earial ace

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Virizion = Grass/Fighting, high special defense, decent speed

Gyrados is a water type who can likely wreck Virizion. His Ice Fang will hit harder that Floatzel's, Intimidate will knock an Attack Level out of Virizion's offense. He can learn a couple Special-based Fire moves (Fire Blast and Flamethrower), but his Special attack is a little less-favourable. Flying moves, he only gets access to Bounce, via 4th Gen Move Tutor.

Slowpoke or Slowbro are also an option. Water/Psychic, special attackers. Especially the fact you can teach em Psyshock, which will really hurt Virizion's Psychic weakness and much lower physical defense. Starmie is another, which while a little less bulky, it is MUCH faster, and gives you a Rapid Spinner for taking care of entry hazards for competitive.

Thanks a bundle. So I can swap floatzel for Gyarados and maybe Alomomola for a Starmie or a Slowbro.
@ poopoop Thx for the advice for Gyarados as well.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
My New Water lineup. Any Comments?

Ok. Here's my new lineup for my Water Pokemon team. This is a team I want to be on par with the Champion Wallace with some Lady Venus from Pokemon Colosseum.

260.png

(M)@(Muscle Band)
Hardy Nature(Neutral)
-Ice Beam
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Waterfall

121.png

@(Twisted Spoon)
Ability:Natural Cure
Modest Nature(Sp.Atk+,Atk-)
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Psyshock
-Ice Beam

130.png

(M)@(Damp Rock)
Ability:Intimidate
Hasty Nature(Spd+,Def-)
-Flamethrower
-Ice Fang
-Waterfall
-Rain Dance

134.png

(M)@(Leftovers)
Bashful(Neutral)
-Surf
-Shadow Ball
-Toxic
-Ice Beam

350.png

(F)@(Mystic Water)
Calm(Sp.Def+,Atk-)
-Attract
-Toxic
-Recover
-Surf

A Status wall for my team. I love Milotic and I love the fighting style of Lady Venus from Pokemon Colosseum,so I put the two together.

171.png

(M)@(Wave Inscence)
Hasty(Spd+,Def-)
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Surf

Please help to make my team better and thankyou to the people who helped me get this far. Thanks everyone ^_^.

Last edited:

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
I do have a question. What is the point of running rain dance on gyarados when flamethrower will have less damage under it? You can't afford for less damage when gyarados's SpAtk is horrible anyway.

ZeroEdgeir

Kansas does make a good point. Flamethrower loses 50% of it's already-gonna-be-low power with Rain up.

I'd say replace it with a Fighting-type move, so it can still counter Ice, and also hit Steel too, but Gyarados only learns Rock Smash, which isn't worth the damage... though it might just break even with Flamethrower under rain, cause while it's Base Power 40 vs 95, it's also physical using the 125 base Attack, vs Special using the 60 base Special Attack. Either way, not gonna help sweep as we'd like.

Honestly, your best bet is likely to just replace it with Dragon Dance, for the sweeping power.

And if you really want to take the time, you can replace Ice Beam on Swampert with Avalanche, just need to get yourself an Abomasnow to breed it into him. Physical Ice will mean you can run an Adamant Nature with zero issues. Base Power 90 Special vs Base Power 60 Physical, that doubles to 120 if Swampert takes damage that turn, and goes off the base 110 physical power, over the base 85 special power.

If you can get the chance to, flip Vaporeon's nature for a Modest or Timid one, depending if you want the boost to SpAtt or Speed.

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
Kansas does make a good point. Flamethrower loses 50% of it's already-gonna-be-low power with Rain up.

I'd say replace it with a Fighting-type move, so it can still counter Ice, and also hit Steel too, but Gyarados only learns Rock Smash, which isn't worth the damage... though it might just break even with Flamethrower under rain, cause while it's Base Power 40 vs 95, it's also physical using the 125 base Attack, vs Special using the 60 base Special Attack. Either way, not gonna help sweep as we'd like.

Honestly, your best bet is likely to just replace it with Dragon Dance, for the sweeping power.

And if you really want to take the time, you can replace Ice Beam on Swampert with Avalanche, just need to get yourself an Abomasnow to breed it into him. Physical Ice will mean you can run an Adamant Nature with zero issues. Base Power 90 Special vs Base Power 60 Physical, that doubles to 120 if Swampert takes damage that turn, and goes off the base 110 physical power, over the base 85 special power.

If you can get the chance to, flip Vaporeon's nature for a Modest or Timid one, depending if you want the boost to SpAtt or Speed.

That would be a good idea for Gyarados and for Vaporeon. I had thought i would just decide when to use either depending on the situation. Now that this has been brought up seeing the good points you guys are making,THX and edited. Thanks everyone, I'm pretty satisfied with this team. Thankyou to all who contributed.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
ferrothorn is another poke that walls this team. your toxic doesn't affect it. gyarados's flamethrower prolly won't hurt it enough and will do nothing when its raining which is when ferrothorn is generally used

Blacklynx

Treasure Hunter
ferrothorn is another poke that walls this team. your toxic doesn't affect it. gyarados's flamethrower prolly won't hurt it enough and will do nothing when its raining which is when ferrothorn is generally used

I see. So how should I deal with Ferrothorn with my current team if you can help me with that please?