• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first RMT in a VERY long time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincenzo

Hello everyone,

I recently started playing Pokémon again after a big break (have not played since the old Ruby/Sapphire games) and I noticed a lot has changed since then. Nevertheless, I tried making a decent team and I was wondering if you guys could rate my team and give some good input.

;184;
Azumarill – Water/Faery
Huge Power
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
- Choice Band/Assault Vest

- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower / Return
- Waterfall / Return

Needed a Water and a Faery type, so I thought Azumarill could perfectly fit that spot! :)

;006;
Charizard (Chardizard - Y)– Fire/Flying
Blaze – (M) Drought
Timid nature
EVS: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
- Charizardite

- Fireblast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Fire type and big damage dealer of the time. And besides.. who does not like Charizard? ;-)

;497;
Serperior – Grass
Contrary
Timid nature
EVS: 252 SpA4 SpD252 Spe
- Life Orb

- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Giga Drain / Substitute / Taunt

Leaf Storm combined with it's nature makes it one beast.. at least on paper. And I needed a Grass type, so I thought it would make a decent enough fit.

;344;
Claydol – Ground/Psychic
Levitate
Calm nature
EVS: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spec. Def
- Leftovers

- Earth Power
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rocker and Rapid Spinner of the team. Good defenses, good ability and just the types I needed all rolled into one.

;107;
Hitmonchan – Fighting
Iron Fist
Jolly nature
EVS: 252 Attack 252 Speed
- Assault Vest

- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch / Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Having doubts with this one. I think it has a good element of surprise and the above looks good on paper, but I don't know if it'll cut the deal. So if you guys have any suggestions, feel free to share them with me.

;462;
Magnezone – Steel/Electric
Magnet Pull/Analytic
Modest nature
EVS: 252 HP 252 SpA
- Air Balloon

- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire
- Magnet Rise

Needed another Pokémon that can take some hits, and seeing as I wanted a Steel and Electric, Magnezone fills the gap perfectly. Dunno which ability to choose though, seeing as Magnet Pull can turn him into a Steel killer (which seems like a good deal to me) or increase his overall attack strength by using Analytic (if the enemy is slower than this Pokémon). Input is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the info and suggestions!

Last edited:

Space Ghost

The Enigma in Space
Trust your gut, go ahead and remove Chan. Iron Fist Conk w/ Assualt Vest> Chan

Charizard's Drought is a hindrance, somewhat, in my opinion. Weakening Azumarill's STAB, and basically ensuring Magnezone and Serperior don't survive someone packing Fire moves, especially with the ever so present Talonflame. Although, you could remove the threats first...eh I'm just biased on Charizard.

I just feel if you're going to have Drought up wouldn't hurt to have more than one Pokemon taking advantage of it.

Vincenzo

Trust your gut, go ahead and remove Chan. Iron Fist Conk w/ Assualt Vest> Chan

Charizard's Drought is a hindrance, somewhat, in my opinion. Weakening Azumarill's STAB, and basically ensuring Magnezone and Serperior don't survive someone packing Fire moves, especially with the ever so present Talonflame. Although, you could remove the threats first...eh I'm just biased on Charizard.

I just feel if you're going to have Drought up wouldn't hurt to have more than one Pokemon taking advantage of it.

Thanks for the input, and your absolutely right about the Drought part. Why I overlooked this flaw, I dunno, but it's a good thing stuff like RMT exists to point out the flaws. ;-)

Djura

99% chance to hit
First of all, hi. Second of all, cards on the table, I'm going to tell you right off the bat that Claydol and Hitmonchan are extremely awful. Even in RU they're considered stupidly bad (if you are playing by tiers). Claydol is way outclassed by Excadrill and Starmie as a whole and Keldeo, Mega Medicham, Terrakion, and... oh, who am I kidding. Hitmonchan is outclassed by everything.

Give Azumarill Knock Off instead of Superpower. Knock Off is extremely dangerous in all metagames.

Magnezone's primary purpose is to trap Steel types (save Heatran and Metagross) and get a kill on them. Typically it holds a Choice Scarf, but why both Magnet Rise and an Air Balloon on the same set? Replace it with Volt Switch so it can act as a pivot.

Mega Charizard X is a significant threat to 4/6 of your team, if not more. Even though Claydol has Stealth Rock, it does not have the defensive capability to live a +1 Flare Blitz 75% of the time. So you might want to patch that up.

You might also want to take Hoopa Unbound into account because it will outspeed and break past your slower teammates. Serperior does outspeed it, but Hoopa will be able to beat it one-on-one. This also applies to Charizard, as it cannot live a Life Orb boosted Hyperspace Fury.

And that's all she wrote.

Rocxidi

The Jim Reaper
First of all, hi. Second of all, cards on the table, I'm going to tell you right off the bat that Claydol and Hitmonchan are extremely awful. Even in RU they're considered stupidly bad (if you are playing by tiers). Claydol is way outclassed by Excadrill and Starmie as a whole and Keldeo, Mega Medicham, Terrakion, and... oh, who am I kidding. Hitmonchan is outclassed by everything.

Give Azumarill Knock Off instead of Superpower. Knock Off is extremely dangerous in all metagames.

Magnezone's primary purpose is to trap Steel types (save Heatran and Metagross) and get a kill on them. Typically it holds a Choice Scarf, but why both Magnet Rise and an Air Balloon on the same set? Replace it with Volt Switch so it can act as a pivot.

Mega Charizard X is a significant threat to 4/6 of your team, if not more. Even though Claydol has Stealth Rock, it does not have the defensive capability to live a +1 Flare Blitz 75% of the time. So you might want to patch that up.

You might also want to take Hoopa Unbound into account because it will outspeed and break past your slower teammates. Serperior does outspeed it, but Hoopa will be able to beat it one-on-one. This also applies to Charizard, as it cannot live a Life Orb boosted Hyperspace Fury.

And that's all she wrote.

This

Swap claydol for landorus therian. You can use defensive landorus with Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Knock Off, and U-turn since its a really good set and helps your team with Talonflame, ir you can go scarf in order to check adamant char x

for magnezone, id go for modest specs with 252 sp atk and speed so you can hurt like hell and be faster than defensive pokemon such as mandibuzz, some rotom sets, and defensive scizor. Thus set also destroys clefable and 2hkos it if it uses calm mind.

Swat hitmonchan for latias or latios as it provides your team with defog support and allows you to have a nice dragon fairy steel core along with your fire water grass core. Latias can heal weakened landorus or burnt azumaril with healing wish, while latios can force switches with memento or sweep with calm mind

Status
Not open for further replies.