• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my first rmt

bjthegamer

howday trainers
this is my first rmt and i am exited to finnaly do one please help me out by giving sugestions and comment about my team thnx! :)
567.gif

arechops@sharp beak
abillity: defeatists
evs: 238 atk/108 def/167 spd
nature: lonely(+ atk, - def)
-acrobatics
-earthquake
-dragon claw
-u-turn
arecheops is great to start out with for me. i can us acrobatics on pokemon with out items. it is a good starter and it works for me. earth quaqe wekens thwe opponent for archeops and then it will use dragon claw to finish it off

518.gif

musharna@twistedspoon
abillity: telepathy
evs: 168 sp atk/ 109 atk/ 64 spd
nature: bold(+def,-atk)
-hiden power
-dream eater
-shadow ball
-hypnosis
mushurana has a great combo hypnosis and dream eater then once it awakens i finish it off with psycic or shadow ball

Empoleon.gif

empoleon@scope lens
ABILITY:TORRENT
evs: 246 sp def/ 232 sp atk/167 spd
nature: careful (+sp def/ -sp atk)
-blizzard
-earth quake
-surf
-swords dance

empoleon has a great sweeper wich then i use surf to make the pokemon faint wich ussally works

Ampharos.png

ampharos@magnet
abillity: static
evs: 108 spd/ 193 sp atk/ 126 atk
nature: timid(+spd, -atk)
-thunderbolt
-signal beam
-thunder wave
-rock smash

amphoros has a good double too thunder wave and thunderbolt first though i use rock smash to lower defense

Zoroarkanimation.gif

zoroark@black glasses
ability: illusion
evs: 146 def/ 103 sp def/ 188 spd
nature: lax(+def, -sp def)
-u turn
-night daze
-shadow ball
-nasty plot

zoroark has a great sweeper for night daze for which then i use uturn to bring it back

534.gif

conkeldurr@quick claw
abillity: sheer force
evs: 230 atk/ 148 def/ 96 spd
nature: bashful
-earthquake
-superpower
-hammer arm
-stone edge

supepower is a great move to use for conkeldurr to badly dammadge the opponent

this team is a great match up for me because they have their purpose in battles
i have 15 wins altogether with this team and 20 losses
thanx for your patience

Last edited:

dodohead272

bjthegamer

howday trainers
i did

i already did is there some thing wrong with my team because before i messed up but now i fixed it

bjthegamer

howday trainers
i fixed my crmt

i did read the rules and i fixed it from last time

dodohead272

ok but you need longer descriptions

DrasticPhase

Half ded
this is my first rmt and i am exited to finnaly do one please help me out by giving sugestions and comment about my team thnx! :)
567.gif

arechops@Flying Gem
evs:252 Atk/252 Spd/4HP
nature: Adamant/Jolly
-acrobatics
-earthquake
-dragon claw
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/U-Turn
arecheops is great to start out with for me. i can us acrobatics on pokemon with out items.
make Archeops hold flying Gem for acrobatics.you shouldn't add defenses because of its horrible ability so just make it a regular Physical EV set.Adamant for more damage.jolly for me speed.dont use thrash,instead either use Rock Slide/stone edge/u-turn
518.gif

musharna@twistedspoon
evs: 252 SpA/252 Hp/4def
nature: Modest
-pshycic
-dream eater
-psybeam
-hypnosis
mushurana has a great combo hypnosis and dream eater
im not that good with musharna but i think a set for her is a dual screener
Musharna@Light Clay
Ability:Forewarn
EVs: 252 Hp/252 SpA/4def
nature:Bold
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Psychic/Dream eater
-Hypnosis

Empoleon.gif

empoleon@scope lens
evs: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4hp
-blizzard
-grass knot
-surf
-swords dance

empoleon has a great sweeper wich then i use surf
Why does a special sweeper have swords dance and a nature that lowers SpA.I really dont know a good set for empoleon so let someone do this
Ampharos.png

ampharos@magnet
evs: 108 spd/ 193 sp atk/ 126 atk
nature: timid(+spd, -atk)
-thunderbolt
-signal beam
-thunder wave
-thunder

amphoros has a good double too thunder wave and thunder
i also dont know a good set for ampharos but two electric moves is a no no

Zoroarkanimation.gif

zoroark@Wise glasses
evs: 252 SpA/252 spd/4 hp
nature: Timid
-flamethrower
-night daze
-Focus Blast
-nasty plot

zoroark has a great sweeper for night daze
i like this set for Zoroark.it work wonders wiyh mines.flamethrower for bugs.and focus blast for coverage.i prefer timid over modest because i want Zoroark fast
534.gif

conkeldurr@quick claw
abillity: sheer force
evs: 230 atk/ 148 def/ 96 spd
nature: bashful
-earthquake
-superpower
-hammer arm
-stone edge

supepower is a great move to use for conkeldurr
interesting set you got :eek: but you should change it to this.and btw quick claw is banned
Conkeldurr@Flame orb/leftovers
Ability:Guts
EVs:252 HP/252 Atk/4 def
nature:adamant
-mach punch
-drain punch
-bulk up
-payback
This will be a good set.bulk up till its +6.when youre having low hp,use drain punch.mach punch will be priority.payback to hit ghosts and psychics.this set wouldnt need stone edge/rock slide because mach/drain punch can kill like the flyings with one hit

thanx for your patience

comments are in bold

Cissinho

you need to add more descriptions of your pokemon or your thread would be locked ... when you change the descriptions i could do a better analysis of your team :)

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
^^^
What was said above is a good point seeming that you don't know all the rules for competitive battling yet, but that's ok, new rules seem to pop up out of the blue.
Flying gem instead of sharp beak, b/c it doesn't matter if the foe is carrying an item, it matters if you are

bjthegamer

howday trainers
thanxs for the advice every body im just learning more and more thank you very much i changed it to the best of my abillity

edit: oh and i dont know how to ev train

archeopsdan

for musharna i would run one of these sets but its your choice:

musharna@leftovers
bold/modest,synchronise
252 Def, 252 Sp.def
-hypnosis
-dream eater
-shadow ball
-hidden power (fighting)

quite simply an offensive varient of what you were using: hypnosis is your main status, this causes dream eater to work which is your main recovery and also gets stab aka its very useful, secondly shadow ball and hidden power fighting are there to give perfect coverage and musharna alreadly has a decent Sp.atk so these should do some good damage.

musharna@leftovers
bold/calm, synchronise
252 Hp, 128 Def, 128 Sp.def
-moonlight
-toxic
-shadow ball/hidden power (fighting)/psychic/psyshock/reflect/light screen
-shadow ball/hidden power (fighting)/psychic/psyshock/reflect/light screen

toxic stalling sweeping so obviously start with toxic to deal larger and larger damage, moonlight is to recover(moreso in the sun less so in the rain/sand/hail). then finally the last two are completely your choice shadow ball could be used with hp fighting for coverage, psychic is stab but psyshock is same but can take out blissey, reflect and light screen are for either more effective stalling or team support but only use one otherwise you are taunt bait.

musharna@leftovers/life orb
modest, synchronise
252 Sp.atk, 252 Hp, 4 Spd
-calm mind
-stored power
-shadow ball/moonlight
-hidden power (fighting)/psyshock

very different idea for a calm mind sweeper you expect. idea is after every calm mind stored power goes up by 40 so after 3 you have a 140 power move and +3 Sp.atk which can cause absolutly huge damage :) after that you will need 2 of the following: shadow ball for coverage, moonlight to recover, hidden power fighting for darks, or psyshock for blissey(but you might be able to overcome it, not sure).

and for ampharos i would run something like:

ampharos@choice scarf/choice specs
modest/timid, static
252 Sp.atk, 252 Spd
-thunderbolt
-signal beam
-power gem/focus blast
-hidden power(water/grass/ice)

quite simply a choice item sweeper/revenge killer. ampharos has high Sp.atk so maybe either elevate it further or increase its poor Spd.thunderbolt is for stab, signal beam get super effective on psychics, darks and grasses and can confuse. power gem gets at ice and fire but focus blast can take out exadrill/steelix which would wall the others. finally bpick your hidden power. go for any of them three depending on what you need more to take out ground types.

Last edited:

dodohead272

dont worry bryce i can do it for you until you learn

corpy

Blackest-Mamba
then first read the guide on it here: http://www.serebii.net/games/evs.shtml

As it stand most EVs are all over the place and there is no clear reasoning/direction behind it, unsurpising given you don't know how it works. However, it is a crucial part of the game and therefore a proper understanding is needed: see link. And you might want to brush up on your natures as well, neutral natures such as Bashful are never helpful, certainly not on something as straightforward as that Conckeldurr.

For the team and Empoleon in particular, consider this:

Empoleon@petaya berry
Nature: modest
-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Substitute
-Agility
EVs: 252 SpA/240 speed /8 HP/ 8 DEF

This turns Empoleon into a late game sweeper. The idea is to bring it in on something it resits or scares off. Use agility on the switch, then substitute until the Petaya berry activates. This boosts your special attack and by the time it activates, your ability torrent is also active, boosting surf's power greatly.(given it gets STAB already)

It helps Empoleon resists priority moves such as bullet punch/quick attack/extreme speed and doesn't take damage from sandstorm.

567.gif

arechops@Flying Gem
evs: 252 Spe / 252 attck / 4 HP
nature: Jolly
-acrobatics
-earthquake
-Rock Slide / Stone Edge
-u-turn
arecheops is great to start out with for me. i can us acrobatics on pokemon with out items. it is a good starter and it works for me. earth quaqe wekens thwe opponent for archeops and then it will use dragon claw to finish it off
what the above rate said.
518.gif

musharna@twistedspoon
evs: 168 sp atk/ 109 atk/ 64 spd
nature: quirky
-pshycic
-dream eater
-shadow ball
-hypnosis
Never tried out a set for musharna
mushurana has a great combo hypnosis and dream eater then once it awakens i finish it off with psycic or shadow ball

Empoleon.gif

empoleon@Life Orb
evs: 168 Spe / 252 spA / 88 HP
nature: Timid/ modest
-blizzard / Ice Beam
-Surf / Hydro Pump / Scald
- HP Grass / Fire
- Agility / Substitute
Mixed Sweeper Empoleon isn't good, I recommend this one
empoleon has a great sweeper wich then i use surf to make the pokemon faint wich ussally works

Ampharos.png

ampharos@Leftovers
evs: 252 SpA / 252 HP
-thunderbolt / Thunder
-Focus Blast / HP Ice
-Reflect / Light Screen / Thunder Wave
-Reflect / Light Screen / Thunder Wave
Dual Screen ampharos. Thunderbolt + HP Ice has a great coverage.

amphoros has a good double too thunder wave and thunderbolt first though i use rock smash to lower defense Rock Smash lolwut?

Zoroarkanimation.gif

zoroark@Focus Sash
evs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 HP
nature: lax(+def, -sp def)
-u turn / Focus Blast / Flamethrower
-night daze
-Flamethrower / Focus Blast
-nasty plot

zoroark has a great sweeper for night daze for which then i use uturn to bring it back

534.gif

conkeldurr@Leftovers
abillity: Guts
evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD OR 148 Atk / 252 HP / 108 SpD
nature: Adamant / Careful
-Drain Punch
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Stone Edge / Payback / Ice Punc
Bulk up set for Conkeldurr, use this one, if you want a bulky conkeldurr use the Careful nature with the second EV spread

supepower is a great move to use for conkeldurr to badly dammadge the opponent

thanx for your patience

Changes in BOLD
I can see you're new to competitive battle lol..

bjthegamer

howday trainers
thnx for ur help this freally helped me get better thank you