• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First Stab

I'm pretty green, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on this team that I'm about to begin building.

Spr_4p_392.png

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Blaze
Hasty
4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Fire Punch
Earthquake

Description: I open with a Fake Out, follow it up by setting up the Stealth Rock, then pound with Fire Punch/Earthquake.

Spr_4p_135.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Dig
Baton Pass
Discharge
Agility

Jolteon's primary function is to agility baton over to my Porygon, but Discharge and Dig give it a nice pair of attacks to go with.

Spr_4p_474_s.png

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Adaptability
Modest
4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Nasty Plot
Tri-Attack
Thunder Bolt
Dark Pulse

A standard Nasty Plot Porygon. Get one in, and the roll out the Tri-Attacks. Thunder Bolt and Dark Pulse give it decent type coverage, especially against Gengars.

Spr_4p_475_s.png

Gallade @ Life Orb
Steadfast
Adament
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Pyscho Cut

Pretty Self Explanatory.

Spr_4d_227_s.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Relaxed
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe

Flash Cannon
Night Slash
X-Scissor
Roar

A Wall that can switch out. I'm still working on this guy.

Spr_4d_230.png

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Sniper
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Draco Meteor
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse

Another Pokemon that I don't have a specific purpose for yet.

Please, rip into it!

Last edited:

Celebus

I'm pretty green, but I'd like to hear some thoughts on this team that I'm about to begin building.

Infernape
Opener
Blaze
Fake Out, Stealth Rock, Fire Punch, Earthquake
Focus Sash
Jolly

Jolteon
Baton Passer
Volt Absorb
Dig, Baton Pass, Discharge, Agility
Leftovers
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid

Porygon-Z
Special Sweeper
Adaptability
Nasty Plot, Tri-Attack, Thunder Bolt, Dark Pulse
Silk Scarf
Modest

Gallade
Physical Sweeper
Steadfast
Swords Dance, Close Combat, Ice Punch, Psycho Cut
Life Orb
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant

Skarmory
Physical Wall/Switcher
Sturdy
Spikes, Brave Bird, Roost, Roar
Leftovers
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Relaxed

Kingdra
Special Sweeper
Swift Swim
Draco Meteor, Surf, Ice Beam, Rain Dance
Wide Glasses/White Herb
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest

Please, rip into it!

My suggestions.

Last edited:

Finbar

You have laid this out wierdly and I think a mod will be annoyed theres no descriptions but a few questions:

1.Would a mixape be better for leading with vacuum wave and flamethrower instead of fakeout and fire punch
2. Why dig on Jolteon?

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Wide Glasses on an RD Kingdra? weird! Slap on a life orb on Kingdra. Better yet, make Kingdra a Dragon Dancer. If Infernape were to survive, its fire attacks would be weakened. None of your pokemon are using Thunder anyway and Kingdra is the only pokemon who benefits from the rain on your team.

Reno

so adorable...
Add descriptions or this gets closed.

Also, please fix up the format. It is kind of confusing compared to the standard format.

Fixed! Sorry about that, I feel like an ***. I'm open to revamping my Skarmory...I don't see the advantages of a Rain Dance Kingdra, but a Dragon Dancer could work well.

ExplodingMuk

Cheese and Crackers

Spr_4p_392.png

Infernape @ Focus Sash
Blaze
Hasty
64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe

Fake Out
Stealth Rock
Fire Blast
Close Combat

It was OK, but you should probably use the standard Ape.

Spr_4p_135.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hp Ice / Hp Grass
Baton Pass
Discharge
Agility

Dig, sucks. Give it HP depending on wether you want to hit Swampert or the Dragons hard.

Spr_4p_474_s.png

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Adaptability
Modest

Nasty Plot
Tri-Attack
Thunder Bolt
Dark Pulse

A standard Nasty Plot Porygon. Get one in, and the roll out the Tri-Attacks. Thunder Bolt and Dark Pulse give it decent type coverage, especially against Gengars.

It's fine.

Spr_4p_475_s.png

Gallade @ Life Orb
Steadfast
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Pyscho Cut

Jolly would be much better.

Spr_4d_227_s.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers / Shed Shell
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spe

Roost
Spikes
Brave Bird
Roar / Whirlwind

You said it could, switch, so Shed Shell is a good option. Whirlwind is better IMO, because, even though there is only one thing that has soundproof, it often packs Overheat. Brave Bird is your superior option in attack.

Spr_4d_230.png

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Sniper
Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Draco Meteor
Surf
Ice Beam
Dragon Pulse

I'm not to sure about this guy.

Please, rip into it!

Changes and suggestions in bold.

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
CC on ape over EQ, it's a nice change from standard lead, even though standard probably works better.
Yeah Dig fails, give it the appropriate HP, or if you can't get HP, signal beam. two turn moves just don't work in standard since the opponent really gets a free turn to switch in to something that will take little damage.
silk scarf isn't the greatest item on your porygon-Z, i reccomend Life Orb or Expert belt, Bolt-beam (replace dark pulse for ice beam) gets decent enough coverage to make expert belt viable, though tri attack won't boosted (not as if it needs boosting anymore anyway). you could also run a Choice scarf set, since nothing else on your team can provide a threat straight away, or function as a revenge killer.

Kingdra is just..no, use DD set, Choice specs kingdra is really rather awful with it's neglectable base Speed. though i reccomend taking it out completely and replacing with a special sponge, like snorlax or blissey (yay skarmbliss!!![/sarcasm]).

Celebus

Wide Glasses on an RD Kingdra? weird! Slap on a life orb on Kingdra. Better yet, make Kingdra a Dragon Dancer. If Infernape were to survive, its fire attacks would be weakened. None of your pokemon are using Thunder anyway and Kingdra is the only pokemon who benefits from the rain on your team.

I meant Wise Glasses. A little typo there. It gives the boost without the recoil.

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
@DomVs27: After on Sd, Gallade has as much attack as needed. Gallade needs to outrun as many pokemon as it can.

@Celebus: Wise Glasses is good, but again he should go with the DD Kingdra.

cloudk

hates you.
Dig on jolteon? What were you thinking using a Physical move on a Special Sweeper? Try HP ice for good coverage.

Anyways, nothing can switch into a LO mence, so you might want to reconstruct your team slightly. Draco Meteor causes massive damage to all your members. If you switch Skarmory in, it'll just get kill by Flamethrower/Fire blast

DomVs27

Mytic Jim
The only thing in that speed tier worth outspeeding is Jolly Breloom, to get a Psycho Cut in before it Spores, but just have a half decent status absorber to deal with that, then Gallade, free of Spore due to Sleep Clause can take a Focus Punch and PP Stall with Psycho Cut.

If Breloom isn't an issue, Jolly gets the boot on Gyarados, but after a DD it'd be faster than you regardless, so that's negligible. Plus, Bulkier slower versions would be outsped with Adamant.

Neutral Heracross might be an issue, if you want to try Psycho Cut it.

The only other noteworthy pokemon mentioning are Suicune (which wont be KOing Gallade any time soon) Timid Heatran and Porygon-Z (who wont be breaking that 115 Base SpD without Specs or Shadow Ball) and Lucario.

If any of these are an issue, by all means use a Jolly Gallade, but with Adamant and perhaps some defensive investment, it could serve a much better purpose.

Skarmory makes a good counter to Breloom and Heracross, Jolteon can come in and outspeed Gyarados and Thunderbolt it, so that's not an issue for this team. Suicune can't do much, although Gallade can't do much back, and after a few calm minds you can't T-bolt it. Perhaps you should use T-Punch on Gallade, and Ice Beam on Porygon-Z, just to even it out and give you a chance to damage a Suicune. Heatran and Porygon-Z both can't take a STAB CC, so they aren't issues either. Lucario can't take a CC either, so I see absoutely no reason to go Jolly. Do you?

Last edited:

Spr_4p_392.png

Infernape @ Life Orb/Choice Band
Blaze
Jolly

Fake Out
Close Combat
Fire Punch/Flare Bliz
Earthquake

Description: I open with a Fake Out, follow it up by setting up the Stealth Rock, then pound with Fire Punch/Earthquake.

Spr_4p_135.png

Jolteon @ Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Timid
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

Thunder Wave/Substitute
Baton Pass
Thunderbolt
Agility

Jolteon's primary function is to agility baton over to my Porygon, but Discharge and Dig give it a nice pair of attacks to go with.

Spr_4p_474_s.png

Porygon-Z @ Silk Scarf
Adaptability
Modest

Nasty Plot
Tri-Attack
Thunder Bolt
Dark Pulse

Spr_4p_475_s.png

Gallade @ Life Orb
Steadfast
Adamant/Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Swords Dance
Close Combat
Ice Punch
Pyscho Cut

Pretty Self Explanatory.

Spr_4d_227_s.png

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Att

Spikes
Drill Peck
Iron Defense/Taunt/Stealth Rock
Roar

A Wall that can switch out. I'm still working on this guy.
Skarmory Isn't that good of an attacker.

Spr_4d_230.png

Kingdra @ Persim Berry/Lum Berry
Swift Swim/Sniper
Adamant
4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spe

Rain Dance/Avalanche
Outrage
Waterfall
Dragon Dance

People always wait for a special Kingdra give them Physical.

Please, rip into it!

Green indeed, I would use something like this....

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
Skarmory needs Roost for recovery. It cannot only rely on Leftovers.
Stick with the Focus Sash on Infernape, otherwise your lead is screwed. He needs to endure the hit to set up Stealth Rock. Replace Fire Punch/Flare Blitz with Fire Blast with a Naive/Hasty nature. Again Rain Dance is not needed for this team. Put in Draco Meteor or Hydro Pump to put away physical walls. Give it a Life Orb.