• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first try making a competitive team

novri

Snorlax Fan \o/
im still a noob guy in competitive play so help me to improve my team and skill ^^

well lets go ^^
My team

hippowdon.png

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252HP 6Atk 252Def
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Fang
~ Stealth Rock
~ Slack Off

my physical wall and leader

breloom.png

Breelom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
~ Substitute
~ Leech Seed
~ Wake-Up Slap
~ Spore
a combo physical sweper

tyranitar.png

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature:Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake

my main physicall sweper
flygon.png

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
~ Earth Power
~ Fire Blast
~ Toxic
~ Roost

porygonZ.png

Porygon-z @ Leftovers
Ability: Adaptability
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~ Nasty Plot
~ Tri Attack
~ Dark Pulse
~ Thunderbolt

My Special Sweeper

snorlax.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
Nature: Careful
EVs: 244 HP / 28 Def / 236 SpD
~ Rest
~ Sleep Talk
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake

my special wall

Wait comments and help for me improve my team \o/

Last edited:

Tochukaso

Me>U >_>
Your team lacks Stealth Rock, so I would just stick with that on Hippowdon.

Wake Up Slap is really gimmicky on Breloom. Even when asleep it only reaches a paltry 120 Base Power, which is much lower than Focus Punch's base 150. You already have Substitute to block attacks while you Focus Punch, so just use it instead.

Subseeding Breloom isn't really fast enough to SubSeed like Jumpluff or Celebi, I would suggest going with a more defensive spread that would help maintain the Sub/ Leech Seed cycle.

If I may, let me redirect you to this which details the set and the advantages playing it defensively.

Outrage has the same Base Power as STAB Crunch and doesn't offer any additional coverage. I would suggest, because you are already using Life Orb, to use Ice Beam over Crunch. This gives an easy OHKO on opponents like Gliscor.

The last three are fine, but I would suggest using Fire Punch over Earthquake on Snorlax. Fire Punch still hits Steel types, but it also gives you a way to damage Gengar, Skarmory, and Bronzong.

The team has numerous Pokemon weak to Ice and only one resistance. I would suggest replacing Porygon-Z for CM Jirachi.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 Spe
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Psychic
- Wish

This gives you an Ice resistance, as well as Wish support. Jirachi being immune to Sandstorm is also a bonus.

Your team is also extremely weak to standard Ice Fang / Earthquake / Waterfall / Dragon Dance Gyarados. You might consider a defensive Starmie over your current Flygon.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 236 HP/56 Def/216 Spe
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
- Recover

allows you to counter Gyarados more effectively, as well as giving you a more reliable answer to MixInfernape, which also gives your team a good bit of trouble.

Ka-King!

[-SSSS MUIJN960WWWWW
Your Breloom is a little stall-like, so try drain punch on it. Spore and wake-up-slap may not work, as two drain punches or a focus punch during sleep is better, and you can switch to something nice, plus your opponent will predict a focus punch and switch to a ghost or something to take it, so keep that in mind. A chople berry takes care of mach punchers on ttar, and provides mmore bulkyness and a safer dragon dance! After a dance, you're safe.