• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my first uber team

Tom_Quinn

a song for you
ive decided that id like to try my luck at the uber scene so i was hoping to get some help on my first attempt. please suggest any different move sets or different pokemon that would make this team stronger. any feedback is deeply appriciated

;212;;202;;484;;483;;487;;242;

The Lead

;212;

Scizor @ Lum Berry
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 10 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Ive chose Scizor as a lead since it is able to counter the common leads in the uber metagame. It can KO deoxys S with pursuit and u-turn, and KO darkrai and dialga with superpower. Lum berry allows it not to be put to sleep by darkrai. Scizor can also come in handy later in the game with its useful dragon resitence.

The almost guaranteed one or 2 KO

;202;

Wobbuffet @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Def / 228 SpD
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Safeguard

Does exactly what all Wobbuffets do, encore something the opponent does, then use one of the other three moves. Safeguard if the opponent is locked into a status move, Mirror Coat if it's a special attack or Counter if it is a physical attack.

Mixed Sweeper

;484;

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature (+Spe, -Def)
- Outrage
- Fire Blast
- Aqua Tail
- Spacial Rend

This pokemon can rip through stall teams. it basiclly works by tricking the opponent into believeing that it has a choice scarf attached. Palkia's Spacial Rend will deal the same damage as a Standard Choice Scarf Palkia's and will fool your opponent into thinking that you are running a Choice Scarf set. The next best part of this set that as a Blissey switches into your Spacial Rend, and it is raining, then Aqua Tail is a OHKO on her, eliminating her from the match before she gets a chance to harm your team in any way. Fire Blast is obviously there for Steel-types who come in to absorb your Dragon-type attacks, while Outrage is to 2HKO any Kyogre set, while also threatening potential Garchomp switch-ins, normally invited by Thunder. Palkia works as a safe switch in for Specs Kyogre, who otherwise will break through this team.

The Revenge Killer

;483;

Dialga @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder
- Aura Sphere

Dialga is often relegated to the role of support or defense, but it can also really shine as a revenge killer. Dialga packs the same terrifying base 150 Special Attack as Palkia, but falls behind by 10 base Speed. With the Choice Scarf, this is remedied, as it outspeeds a lot of its normal counters. This set has two major advantages over another revengers like Palkia or Garchomp. First, Dialga’s Steel-type buys it a lot of useful resistances, such as neutrality to Ice and Dragon and a resistance to Dark. Second, the Steel-type also allows for it to be a great counter to the deadly Swords Dance Rayquaza and Arceus, who is outsped and OHKOed, and cannot kill with Extremespeed, as Dialga resists it.

Wall

;487;

Giratina @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Claw

One of (if not the) greatest wall in the game. Giratina walls physical attackers, such as Groudon, Scizor, Metagross, Heracross, some Tyranitar, and physical versions of Ho-oh almost effortlessly, so my sweepers who normally have trouble with these threats make good offensive teammates for Giratina.

Special Wall

;242;

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: (yet to be decided, help would be appricated)
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Softboiled

Not to sure about this one or if the moveset is the best (considering adding the move flamethrower) but a special wall in the uber environment is extremly useful.

Well that is the team i am considering. before suggesting changes in the moveset or different pokemon, please consider this; i do not use action replay and i only have the games platinuim, diamond and fire red so there is a limit to the certain kind of pokemon i can catch (for example i unable to get a darkrai, kyoga etc) so when recommended different pokemon remember that some pokemon i can not obtain. however, i have recieved a modest Arceus (through its level 100 so i cant ev train it) and a timid mew which means these could be used in my team. thank you for reading

I'm not very familiar with the Uber metagame, however I'd personally run a WishBliss set over the one you have now.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Calm
Ev's: 252 Def/ 80 SpAtt/ 176 SpDef
~Wish
~Protect/Softboiled
~Flamethrower/Ice Beam
~Toxic

Wish can be a great asset to your team, and the moveset/ev's help Bliss be more supportive and bulky, CMBliss can be a decent threat but this set is better for special walling IMO.

Tom_Quinn

a song for you
i definatly agree with you however the only way 2 legally get wish on blissey is from a nintendo event long ago n i dnt have action replay so i cannot just create my own one

Oh sorry I don't really keep up with events and I use shoddy battle competitively :(

In that case CMBliss can stay, or it can switch to the Cleric set (although I'm not sure how prominent or hindering status can be in Ubers).

Other than that it's a relatively standard team from what I can see (which isn't a bad thing), so there's not much I can suggest.

For Blissey, Serene Grace grace doesn't provide THAT much bonus (The doubling on Thrower/Bolt/Beam nets it 20%, but still) Whereas Natural Cure can be vital to get off Toxic (Which at least some Kyogres pack). Also you may want to take out Thunder, and swap it for Protect or Toxic, or for attacks Flamethrower. Other than that, I can't really judge on the Uber tier.

Tom_Quinn

a song for you
thank u all very much for all ur suggestions! i will take them all on board

GIRATINAMASTER867

GIRATINA ROCKS!!!!!!
wow awesome team!!! :) ;341; this team will rock and i just know it but wobufet is kinda noob... switch hp and sp def evs w/ spd to help encore be used 1st else your setup will never work... wobb is easy to counter ppl will see it adn switch w/ darkrai or giratina to nerf counter/mc... imo switch wobb w/ my rayquaza swwep set:

rayquaza @ yachey berry
adamant nature
4hp / 252 spd / 252 atk
outrage
rest
dragon claw
hyeper beam

for some reason ppl kep telling me hyper beam is noob... HYPER BAEM IS NOT NOOB, PPL!!!!! :mad: use it when your in a bind or when ppl try to rring out a wstrong wall like bliss or skarm to ANNIALATE them outrage is your main atack but dragon claw is n case you lose pp and rest fully restores health/stats plus yachey berry to beat walrein wich is noob

your giratina shuld be a sweeper... swich rest w/ hyper beam and slep talk w/ shadow frce else your never gonna max out its potential... 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 sp atk

scizor is not uber so switch w/ darkrai

darkrai @ britepowder
modest nature
4 hp / 252 def / 252 sp atk
double team
hyper beam
dark pulse
roar of time

hope this helps adn good luck! :) ;252; ;362; ;012;

AirHorton

Shall we battle?
wow awesome team!!! :) ;341; this team will rock and i just know it but wobufet is kinda noob... switch hp and sp def evs w/ spd to help encore be used 1st else your setup will never work... wobb is easy to counter ppl will see it adn switch w/ darkrai or giratina to nerf counter/mc... imo switch wobb w/ my rayquaza swwep set:

rayquaza @ yachey berry
adamant nature
4hp / 252 spd / 252 atk
outrage
rest
dragon claw
hyeper beam

for some reason ppl kep telling me hyper beam is noob... HYPER BAEM IS NOT NOOB, PPL!!!!! :mad: use it when your in a bind or when ppl try to rring out a wstrong wall like bliss or skarm to ANNIALATE them outrage is your main atack but dragon claw is n case you lose pp and rest fully restores health/stats plus yachey berry to beat walrein wich is noob

your giratina shuld be a sweeper... swich rest w/ hyper beam and slep talk w/ shadow frce else your never gonna max out its potential... 4 hp / 252 atk / 252 sp atk

scizor is not uber so switch w/ darkrai

darkrai @ britepowder
modest nature
4 hp / 252 def / 252 sp atk
double team
hyper beam
dark pulse
roar of time

hope this helps adn good luck! :) ;252; ;362; ;012;

*sigh*

I know you're probably doing this already, but just ignore this post.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
I'm glad someone is making an uber team! Scizor leads aren't good thanks to the commoness of kyogre and groudon. I think a kyogre lead is best as your team has a lot of pokes with thunder. If so, remove fire blast and put a scarf on palkia.

Tom_Quinn

a song for you
i would definatly agree with u calze6 but as it says in the last paragraph of me team description, i lack gen 3 games or action replay, so until the gen 2 remakes come out i wont be able to get kyogre. my scizor can counter other common leads such as darkrai, doexys S and dialga but could you recommend a way it (or another pokemon that i have access to) would be able to counter kyogre and groudon since i can see that they could cause me problems early in the game

Hyper Beam makes me lol... Hyper beam + Roar of time makes me lol more...

I don't think you can get Kyogre even in HGSS. But you could always consider going for the GTS. I'd give you my Kyogre (I shy away from battling in Ubers myself), but I lack Wi-fi. With only access to Gen4 Ubers, you're seriously restrained in your options for Ubers though. And how does WoW work in a Resttalk set, since you can only use it once/pokemon (A non-retorical question. I really want to know how this would work)?