• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My First (UU) Team

How good my first UU Team was

• PwNz0R!

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Great!!

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Okay…

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Sucks

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Magikarp kills yer team!

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
Hi, I've played OU matches for about a month, and I just didn't like it. So I'm going to try out the UU and Uber environment. Although I've never actually been in an UU or Uber battle, they look fun. So I figured I'd post a team I threw together to see if it is acceptable in UU. Now, on with the team(Note: I'm not good with making up my own EV's so I just copied and pasted from Smogon):

Aerodactly@ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Nature: Jolly
EV spread: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Double Edge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rocks / Ice Fang

Venasaur@ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
Nature: Careful
EV spread: 252 Hp / 82 Atk / 170 SDef
Moves:
- Seed Bomb
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

;097;Hypno@Leftovers
Ability: Insomnia
Nature: Calm
EV spread: 252 Hp / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Protect
Desc.: Standard. He looked really good on Smogon, so I hit the magical 'copy' then 'paste'!

;034;Nidoking@Life Orb
Ability: Poison Point
Nature: Rash
EV spread: 200 Atk / 252 SAtk / 56 Spe
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power {Grass}
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Desc.: I love Nidoking. He was one of my first and favorite pokemons.

;310;Manectric@Choice Specs
Ability: Static
Nature: Timid
EV spread: 36 Hp / 252 SAtk / 220 Spe
Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power {Grass}
- Signal Beam
Desc.: Another one of my favorite pokemons. When it got Signal Beam I thought he should get Choice Specs since now he can hit Psychics without Crunch. Suggestions on Hidden Power?

;009;Blastoise@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Nature: Bold
EV spread: 252 Hp / 252 Def / 6 SAtk
Moveset:
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Protect
Desc.: Another fav. Basically standard stuff. I chose him over Quagy and Gastro because, well I was never attracted to Ground/Water guys, except Swampert but this is UU.

So I'm open to any and all criticism except 'you suk' I know >_> Remember this will be used in the UU environment, not the OU. Thank you all and have a wonderful day ^_^
Changes in bold.

Last edited:

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT
Hi, I've played OU matches for about a month, and I just didn't like it. So I'm going to try out the UU and Uber environment. Although I've never actually been in an UU or Uber battle, they look fun. So I figured I'd post a team I threw together to see if it is acceptable in UU. Now, on with the team(Note: I'm not good with making up my own EV's so I just copied and pasted from Smogon):

;264;Linoone@ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Adamant
EV spread: 108 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Moveset:
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Smash
Desc.: I heard Linoone tore apart teams, so I decided to use just a standard set.

yh seems good, do the evs let it outspeed electrode after a salac boost?

;003;Venasaur@Leftovers/Choice Band
Moveset:
- Swords Dance/Giga Impact
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Sleep Powder
Desc.: When Platinum came out and I saw that Venasaur could learn Outrage, I knew I just had to use him. I'm making him a phys. Sweeper, but the moves depend on the item. If I use Lefties then I'll do SD but if I do CB then I'll use Giga Impact for a filler, it could be useful, but I'll shutup so you can tell me. Is Outrage any good? Or should I just use Sleep Powder?

definately give it outrage and CB, as this means it can really hurt altaria (w00t) and get lots of neutral hits, and also gets the cool factor. give him bodyslam, i cant think what else physical venusaur learns and i cba to look at his movepool.

;097;Hypno@Leftovers
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Reflect / Light Screen
Desc.: Standard. He looked really good on Smogon, so I hit the magical 'copy' then 'paste'!

I'd Give it protect over the screens, as it gives good wish recovery, and lets it scout

;034;Nidoking@Life Orb
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power {Grass}
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Outrage
Desc.: I love Nidoking. He was one of my first and favorite pokemons. If you can't tell I like Outrage allot, so is it good, or is Icebeam better? Otherwise standard.

i too like nido, give it icebeam though, then loose some of those attakc evs and put them in HP or speed, as EQ doesnt need that much power, alternitavely you could just say "screw the rules i have pokesav" and give it earthpower and make it a pure special sweeper

Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power {Grass/Ice}
- Signal Beam
Desc.: Another one of my favorite pokemons. When it got Signal Beam I thought he should get Choice Specs since now he can hit Psychics without Crunch. Suggestions on Hidden Power?

i'd give it HP (grass), to deal with the water/grounds in UU, seeing as thought the only things that take considerably more damage from ice in UU are gligar and altaria (i think, im not big on UU to be honest).

;009;Blastoise@Leftovers
Moveset:
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Protect
Desc.: Another fav. Basically standard stuff. I chose him over Quagy and Gastro because, well I was never attracted to Ground/Water guys, except Swampert but this is UU.

seems fine.

So I'm open to any and all criticism except 'you suk' I know >_> Remember this will be used in the UU environment, not the OU. Thank you all and have a wonderful day ^_^

"you suk" (sorry but you had it coming lol)

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
Thanks! I don't know if Linoone outruns Electrode or not… got to love Smogon and the magical 'copy' and 'paste' button ^_^;; I'll do some research on the outrunning thing.

RedZone

Underdog
Thanks! I don't know if Linoone outruns Electrode or not… got to love Smogon and the magical 'copy' and 'paste' button ^_^

-_-

GJ for using UUs =]

Linoone, unfortunately, is incredibly difficult to get going. If you manage to get Belly Drum in it's usually all well and good, but from my own experience it's VERY difficult to get that opportunity. Just be wary of that, and don't always listen to what Smogon says.

Xer0

Hey I like seeing people give the UU tier a try. I am fairly experienced and I hope you take some of my advice.

;264;Linoone@ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
Nature: Adamant
EV spread: 108 Hp / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 4 SpD / 136 Spe
Moveset:
- Belly Drum
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Claw
- Rock Smash
Desc.: I heard Linoone tore apart teams, so I decided to use just a standard set.

Ok in my experience linoone is a team killer, but I would save it for a mid to late game sweep because you would want to know your opponents team and be able to predict and set up, so I wouldn't use it as a lead. Or give it a choice band and priority sweep with extreme speed

;003;Venasaur@Leftovers/Choice Band
Moveset:
- Swords Dance/Giga Impact
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Outrage / Sleep Powder
Desc.: When Platinum came out and I saw that Venasaur could learn Outrage, I knew I just had to use him. I'm making him a phys. Sweeper, but the moves depend on the item. If I use Lefties then I'll do SD but if I do CB then I'll use Giga Impact for a filler, it could be useful, but I'll shutup so you can tell me. Is Outrage any good? Or should I just use Sleep Powder?

I honestly do not know what to say here I am torn between two thoughts. On one hand this is not a great use of venasaur well at least with this ev spread and, the fact that venasaur is a great sleep seeder and has very wallish stats. Personally i would give venasaur 252 hp 252 spdeff 4 def/att and the moveset. curse, earthquake, seed bomb, and return or facade and make it a sweeping status absorber

;097;Hypno@Leftovers
Moveset:
- Psychic
- Thunder Wave
- Wish
- Reflect / Light Screen

This is a great sp wall and wish support is always nice

;034;Nidoking@Life Orb
Moveset:
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power {Grass}
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam / Outrage
Desc.: I love Nidoking. He was one of my first and favorite pokemons. If you can't tell I like Outrage allot, so is it good, or is Icebeam better? Otherwise standard.

Ok there are a lot of options here I would not recomend Outrage considering the lock and like only one dragon in the entire uu tier other than that this could work just give it a scarf and use a hit and run strategy

Moveset:
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power {Grass/Ice}
- Signal Beam

Well sub life orb manetric works best in my opinion with substitute,thunderbolt,flamethrower, and hp grass hide behind sub and sweep

;009;Blastoise@Leftovers
Moveset:
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam / Protect

very uu standard but hey it works pretty darn well

Not at all bad for your first UU team I like some of your ideas and you just need some practice and you will be fine. Good Job

UltimoVenusaur

DracoFist FTW
That's a very creative use for Venusaur, and yes, the Pt Move Tutors were kind to it to let it have Outrage. That being said, Choice Band is a big fat no for Venusaur and Giga Impact is a big fat NO except in the rarest case.

I'm also not sure maxing speed over building bulk is the best way to go for the original Grass starter. Its speed is very middle-of-the-pack according to the Smogon tiers, but it's got good SpDef and adequate enough HP (as well as some great recovery moves) to go along with it. I'd say run with Swords Dance over GI and Outrage over SP for this set if you're going sweeper, but there are better uses...

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
Okay, first of all, let me straighten something out. It's great that you're willing to try UU but if you just copy/paste everything from Smogon without even trying to understand why Smogon gives those sets/spreads then you won't ever learn. For example, look at your Venusaur. Two-turn moves like Giga Impact are awful. It doesn't even get STAB, allows set-up, and you can't switch. You're also locked into that. =/ If you want a grass physical attacker, Leafeon is better anyway. Also, Linoone is powerful, yes, but it's not a good lead at all. Outrage is bad on things which don't receive STAB as well as a general rule. Plus it only sweeps when it gets Belly Drum; it's hard for it to Drum without being squished, especially with leads like Aerodactyl floating around. Which can just Taunt you as well, by the way, shutting down Linoone's power.

UltimoVenusaur: Venusaur still works with CB. Choice Band + Swords Dance is stupid though, yeah, because you're then locked into CB, and without Swords Dance, the set is just a very substandard physical attacker. It's mostly just a surprise value set really.

ATTN, Gren_Draco: SPPf has a no hacks policy, and if we were talking about PokéSavable teams, why not just throw WonderGuard on everything, max EVs in all stats, give it 32 IVs, etc.? If that was meant to be a joke then I;m sorry but it flopped. Also, it gets Earth Power anyways. --;

Last edited:

ForteXXX

Call me…… Ilforte~!!
Hey, thanks for all the suggestions guys! @Misaki-chi: I know, I hate copying and pasting from smogon, but I don't know where to start so I just get stuff from them and edited a little. I also forgot that GI was a two turn move and that Vena had Body Slam, I just needed a filler really quick. So how is this Venasaur set?

Venasaur@ Leftovers
Nature: Careful
EV spread: 252 Hp / 82 Atk / 170 SDef
Moves:
- Seed Bomb
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Kind of like CurseLax just in UU. Is this acceptable or is there another pokemon that can do this better?

Ditching Linoone for an Aerodactly lead:

Aerodactly@ Focus Sash / Life Orb
Ability: Rock Head
Moves:
- Double Edge
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rocks / Ice Fang

So this is going to be my new lead, since its my lead should I use SR and FS or is that kinda stupid and he should be just an all out attacker. I really need help with who should be my lead. Oh yeah, is Signal Beam a dead weight on Manectric? Should I take Xer0's advice and give him the SubOrb set? Thanks for all the help guys! Really appreciate it ^_^

Gren Draco

RIOTRIOTRIOTRIOTRIOT

ATTN, Gren_Draco: SPPf has a no hacks policy, and if we were talking about PokéSavable teams, why not just throw WonderGuard on everything, max EVs in all stats, give it 32 IVs, etc.? If that was meant to be a joke then I;m sorry but it flopped. Also, it gets Earth Power anyways. --;

yes it was a joke (even if i pokesaved i'd hardly parade it around lol) and you had to watch Yu-Gi-Oh The Abridged Series to get it lol