• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my first UU team

Lunanight

aggron @ shuca berry
impish nature
[rock head]
252 HP / 80 Atk / 176 Def
- stealth rock
- head smash
- earthquake
- aqua tail

the point of this this aggron is to set up stealth rocks and then try to attack whatever it is up against, the bad thing is it is SLOW making it easier for water pokemon like omastar to switch in and kill aggron with a STAB hydro pump.

umbreon @ leftovers
jolly nature
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef
- curse
- heal bell
- payback
- wish

this set is the most predictible umbreon set in my opinion but it is my favourite as it will help the team out a lot, mainly using payback and curse to make umbreon's attack and defence higher and then using heal bell to cure status problems and when syncronise puts status problems on any pokemon that tries
to inflict a status problem on umbreon.

altaria @ life orb
naughty nature
216 Atk/ 40 SpAtk /252 Speed
- dragon dance
- outrage
- earthquake
- roost

altaria might not have as many moves as salamence but that does not stop me putting it on my team as an UU version of salamence.
it also has perfect coverage (skarmory is not around to resist outrage and be un-affected by earthquake) and with life orb and dragon dance, not many pokemon can accually switch in and take little damage from altaria's attacks and then 1HKO or 2HKO altaria.

milotic @ leftovers
bold nature
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 SpDef
- rest
- surf
- hidden power grass
- ice beam

rest and marvel scale make milotic hard to take down, it can also use this to cure status's like poison and paralyse, burn status is not that much of a problem as milotic never uses physical attacks anyway.

this thing can also do some damage to bulky water pokemon by using hidden power grass to hit gastrodon and quagsire for a lot of damage

absol @ choice scarf
jolly nature
[super luck]
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
- sucker punch
- superpower
- night slash
- psycho cut

absol with a choice scarf is just chaos in UU as it can outspeed a lot of things in the UU tier and then hitting it with powerful attacks coming from a base attack of 130.

mismagius @ life orb
timid nature
252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- nasty plot
- shadow ball
- thunderbolt
- taunt

with 309 SpAtk and 339 Speed, after nasty plot its SpAtk goes all the way up to 618 which is a lot and can kill a lot of pokemon, taunt is to stop froslass leads(or any lead pokemon with stealth rock/toxic spikes/spikes)

shadow ball gets a STAB bonus so its base power will be 120 and thunderbolt kills bulky waters pretty easily as not many bulky water pokemon have a strong dark or ghost attack to hit mismagius with.

Last edited:

Quadros

The Janitor
Bulky waters are going to cause you massive problems, from what I can tell. They'll take out Aggron and flareon no problem, as well as altaria if they're rocking ice beam. Your only response to them seems to be a reliance on neutral hits, which a bulky water is kind of designed to shrug off. Like wise, fighting pokemon are a massive threat, taking out absol, umbreon and aggron without even breaking a sweat, and many carry stone edge to deal with altaria too.

I would suggest taking out flareon completely and switching around EVs to make umbreon your special wall. He's more than up to the job. Use the free space to solve all your problems; the lack of a spin blocker, no response to bulky waters, a vulnerability to fighting types, and a reliance almost exclusively on physical attacks, by incorporating Mismagius

Mismagius@Life orb

Timid nature

252 SpA/252 Spe/4 HP

Nasty Plot
Thunderbolt
Shadowball
Taunt

Oh and he's also ok at taking special hits in a pinch. Bonus.

Last edited:
You might want Earthquake over Ice Punch on Aggron since Rock+Ground has good coverage.

Use Leftovers rather than Liechi Berry on Umbreon, you need the recovery. You should also run Heal Bell rather than Baton Pass so Toxic doesn't ruin you.

Use Roost over Fire Blast and Outrage over Dragon Claw on Altaria, as it really needs powerful STAB with its low attack stat.

You may want to use Swords Dance over Thunder Wave on Absol, but you could also change the set entirely to a Choice Scarf Absol set (which would be good imo as you currently lack an effective revenge killer). It also helps with SD Venusaur and Moltres. The set would look like this:

Absol @Choice Scarf
Super Luck | Jolly | 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
~ Night Slash
~ Sucker Punch
~ Superpower
~ Psycho Cut

I agree with the addition of TauntNP Mismagius over Flareon, but you could also use defensive Mismagius. Either would work, but here's the defensive Mismagius set in case you want it:

Mismagius @Leftovers
Levitate | Calm | 252 HP/196 SpD/60 Spe
~ Taunt
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ Shadow Ball
~ Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fighting

Without a spinner and 4/6 of your team hit by Spikes you may have a hard time with Froslass leads (as it'll get 2 layers down no matter what).

Lunanight

I went with all the changes that were mentioned, I also chose the tauntNP mismagius over the defencive mismagius as i do not want too many walls: 2 walls is the right number for me