• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My first vgc 15 team. T-ar strikes!

Hey everyone! For awhile now ive been wanting to make a team with one of my favorite pokemon, Tyranitar in it. Ive been working with this team for awhile now and feel it could use improvement, and figured this is just the place to get some helpful advice from my peers. Thanks for any advice and rates! And now the team:

Tyranitar
at Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Level: 50
Evs:132 Def / 180 Spd / 180 HP / 4 SDef / 12 Atk
Jolly Nature
-Protect
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance

This Tyranitar usually seems to be the strongest member of the team. Hits hard and can take quite a few punches. Wasen't really sure about his current EV spread and nature. It seems alright, but if there better sets for it please let me know! Protect for the obvious. Rock slide allows for that double hit and flinch chance, dragon dance when able to set it up properly lets me sweet afterwards when paired with amoongus, crunch to get some strong STAB damage onto those cresselias that seem to be flying around now.

Garchomp
at Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
Evs: 252 Attk/252 Speed/ 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Dragon Claw
-Protect
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide

Garchomp is mainly here to help counter Mega Khangaskhan and the other fake out users out there. If i can sense it coming then ill switch and his ability and rocky helmet will put the hurtin on them. Jolly nature and EV spread to help outspeed most of his competition even if they get speed boosted a bit. Dragon claw a strong stab with no possibility of missing. Earthquake to get some stab ground coverage agasint such threats as arcanine and mega metagross that are more popular now. Rock slide again, not sure what other move might suffice.

Amoonguss

at Coba Berry
Ability: Regenetator
Calm Nature
Evs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 236 SDef
-Spore
-Protec
-Rage Powder
-Giga Drain

This Ammongus spread is to help make it more specially tanky with the coba berry being there to help put a stop to some of the brave birds coming from the omniporesent Talonflames around. Regenerator to help heal some damage on successful predictions when switched out, i've put spore there to help put them to sleep and take them out of the game for awhile. Protect there of course to help stall a turn. Now Amoongus will usually be paired with some other hard hitter that will no doubt get targeted and so Rage Poweder is there is allow them to unleash their powerful attacks without any fear of being hit, such as to allow tyranitar to set up and sweep. And Giga drain is there to help a bit with some recovery and to hit rotom-W's hard. Set could use some tweaking, let me know of any ideas. Thanks!

Rotom-w

at Sitrus Berry
Ability: Levitate
Evs:: 252 HP/ 4 Def/ 180 Sp.Atk/ 12 Sp. Def/ 60 Speed
Calm Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Protect

To help bring some sort of extra counter to rain teams as well as having a pokemon to be able to switch in for an earthquake ive decided to bring in Rotom-W. Ive given him a tanky sort of set to help him survive and such moves as solarbeam from mega charizard-Y as well as others. Hydro pump of course that strong STAB move he's given, Will o wisp to hinder those physical attackers and of course some thunderbolt action.

Aegislash at Weakness Policy

Ability: Stance Change
Evs: 252 SpAttack/252 HP/ 4 Def
Quiet Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Flash Cannon
-Kings Shield
-Shadow Sneak
Not that much to say, its a pretty standard Aegislash here. Helpful to switch in to when tyranitars threatened by a fighting move and provides reliable coverage moves vs fairys and the like. And slower speed to also help out if im stuck in an enemys trick room.

Talonflame at Life orb ( was choice band)
Ability: Gale Winds
Evs: 252 attack/ 252 Speed/ 4 hp
Adament Nature

-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-taunt
-protect

And last but not least, talonflames here to help counter grass types that might want to hinder my rotom or tyranitar or at least make themselves afraid to show up to the party :D With Gale winds and brave bird/ flare blitz you has decent coverage to help take out the oposition. Sort of standardish set.

And thats the team ive been working with for awhile now. While i admit it has its faults and could use improvement, ill leave that area to you guys. Might like to see a replacement or two in the team maybe in the form of a sylveon in there or maybe some support mon. Thank you in advance for any and all rates regarding my team. Have a good day!