• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

my first, well, real time building a team

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
hi guys! my name is goomi123, but you can call me soulless. the other day i was on PO and i battled this guy, and he used the old gen4 baton pass glister with rock polish and swords dance, then switched in to a metagross and killed me. i thought it was cool, and asked if i could copy it. he said yes (duh). so lets break it down.

;376;;479-w;;212;;462;;248;;472;

tyranitar
;248;

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

that is my tyranitar set. nothing really special here, you know, your average t-tar. its point is basically to set up sandstorm. we chose this because of sand veil on gliscor, to give it a huge evasion boost. also, it can set up stealth rocks, which isn't bad. crunch is mainly to take out opposing ghost and psychics. stone edge was chosen over rockslide because of increased power and increased chance to crit.

rotom-w

;479-w;

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Pain Split

okay, so now you have rotom-w. again, nothing really special. its point here is to help with opposing rain and sometimes sun teams (but those are harder to deal with). thunderbolt and hydro pump as your stab moves of choice, HP fire to deal with opposing grass beasties, and then pain split to heal/cause damage. again, nothing special. its just to help with supporting weather.

scizor

;212;

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash

okay, so so far, you raters out there are suffering from boredom because of the blandness of my team. "oh look, another scizor. big surprise". we got the technician, speed (scarf), u turn, superpower, bullet punch, but wait! whats this! no pursuit. i found that night slash was preferable, because even with the boost, pursuit only has 80 power (i guess more with technician) when boosted. also, it is quite predictable now a days. meanwhile, night slash has a slightly lower power then the boosted pursuit (which it rarely ever gets) and an increased chance to land a crit. so there you go. my reasoning there.

magnezone

;462;

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

honestly, this is the one i understand the least, and the one i had the most help on (credits down at the bottom). but, i get it now. since it isn't fast, we put eve in HP, to make it bulkier. then, we put in special attack to get more boost from specs. volt turn is a stab, allows for a damage/switch, and provides the set with scizor's u-turn that rotor-w is missing, albeit slower and more powerful (i think more powerful) HP fire for steel types on this one, and magnet pull to make sure they at least don't switch out. flash cannon is also just hitting hard when nothing else seems to work.

gliscor

;472;

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SDef / 60 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

now the fun begins. first and foremost, do not say that this is stupid because this is a gen4 strategy. now, on to the explaining. first, substitute. it serves to take damage while setting up for baton pass. helps id you switch into a ground or electric. rock polish and swords dance are to raise those 2 stats o bizarre levels. i recommend to do it in this order: rock polish ---> swords dance ---> rock polish. after that, its safe to baton pass over to metagross. swords dance once gives the needed attack, but you really need 2 rock polishes to do it right. you could go longer, but it would make it all the more risky.

metagross

;376;

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

and finally, metagross. clear body prevents your enemies to reduce your stats, that is unless either A) they outspend you or B) mold breaker. the eve are to maximize the effect of swords dance and rock polish. the move set covers almost every type, except psychic, ghost, and dark. those you can deal with a combination of the attacks or whatever. lum berry stops metagross from being burned, sleeped, freezed, or paralyzed. steel protects from poison. and it happens to resist 10 types. with these excellent defenses, by now pretty amazing speed, and amazing attack, it become on heck of a monster. a pocket monster you might say.

credits

okay, a few thanks.
i would like to thank the academy... jk

i would like to thank thatsjustpeachy for helping me with sets and the rough outline for my team

i would like to thank themaster for some technical help

i would like to thank tyranitarquake for some technical help

and i would like to thank heptagon, the guy who i originally got the gliscor-metagross from.​

McDanger

i have found choice scarf TTar to be more effective if used right then the special defence set
Tyrannitar@choice scarf
jolly
252 attack, 4 sp. def, 252 speed
crunch
stone edge
superpower
earthquake/fire punch

he has 3 more speed then timid starmie and OHKO`s lucario with superpower/earthquake, does 3/4 of terrakions health, 5/8 of mienshaos, or more, 91% of heatrans, bulkier ones 78%, fire punch OHKO`s scizor, almost ko`s ferro and fortress.

hi guys! my name is goomi123, but you can call me soulless. the other day i was on PO and i battled this guy, and he used the old gen4 baton pass glister with rock polish and swords dance, then switched in to a metagross and killed me. i thought it was cool, and asked if i could copy it. he said yes (duh). so lets break it down.

;376;;479-w;;212;;462;;248;;472;

tyranitar
;248;

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

that is my tyranitar set. nothing really special here, you know, your average t-tar. its point is basically to set up sandstorm. we chose this because of sand veil on gliscor, to give it a huge evasion boost. also, it can set up stealth rocks, which isn't bad. crunch is mainly to take out opposing ghost and psychics. stone edge was chosen over rockslide because of increased power and increased chance to crit.

rotom-w

;479-w;

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SAtk / 144 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Thunderbolt / Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Volt Switch
- Pain Split / Volt Switch

If you're using Rotom-W and Scizor, you might as well have Volt-turn. Depending on how much you find Hidden Power Fire necessary, keep it or remove it.

okay, so now you have rotom-w. again, nothing really special. its point here is to help with opposing rain and sometimes sun teams (but those are harder to deal with). thunderbolt and hydro pump as your stab moves of choice, HP fire to deal with opposing grass beasties, and then pain split to heal/cause damage. again, nothing special. its just to help with supporting weather.

scizor

;212;

Scizor (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Night Slash Pursuit

Pursuit allows you to trap Lati@s, which is more useful than Night Slash. Due to technician, Pursuit has a base power of 60, and 80 if the opponent switches.

okay, so so far, you raters out there are suffering from boredom because of the blandness of my team. "oh look, another scizor. big surprise". we got the technician, speed (scarf), u turn, superpower, bullet punch, but wait! whats this! no pursuit. i found that night slash was preferable, because even with the boost, pursuit only has 80 power (i guess more with technician) when boosted. also, it is quite predictable now a days. meanwhile, night slash has a slightly lower power then the boosted pursuit (which it rarely ever gets) and an increased chance to land a crit. so there you go. my reasoning there.

magnezone

;462;

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

You can't let Scizor outspeed you! Magnezone's main job is to trap Scizors and Skarmories. If Scizor turns out to be a Swords Dance variant and turns around to smack you in the face, it's not very pleasing. Magnezone needs more speed to outpaces those threats

honestly, this is the one i understand the least, and the one i had the most help on (credits down at the bottom). but, i get it now. since it isn't fast, we put eve in HP, to make it bulkier. then, we put in special attack to get more boost from specs. volt turn is a stab, allows for a damage/switch, and provides the set with scizor's u-turn that rotor-w is missing, albeit slower and more powerful (i think more powerful) HP fire for steel types on this one, and magnet pull to make sure they at least don't switch out. flash cannon is also just hitting hard when nothing else seems to work.

gliscor

;472;

Gliscor (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 184 SDef / 72 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rock Polish
- Baton Pass
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

If you're running any speed EV's on Gliscor, you might as well as run enough to outpace Base 70. Impish > Jolly as that lets Gliscor take more hits and fulfill its job as a defensive wall better.

now the fun begins. first and foremost, do not say that this is stupid because this is a gen4 strategy. now, on to the explaining. first, substitute. it serves to take damage while setting up for baton pass. helps id you switch into a ground or electric. rock polish and swords dance are to raise those 2 stats o bizarre levels. i recommend to do it in this order: rock polish ---> swords dance ---> rock polish. after that, its safe to baton pass over to metagross. swords dance once gives the needed attack, but you really need 2 rock polishes to do it right. you could go longer, but it would make it all the more risky.

metagross

;376;

Metagross @ Lum Berry
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Ice Punch
- ThunderPunch
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake

and finally, metagross. clear body prevents your enemies to reduce your stats, that is unless either A) they outspend you or B) mold breaker. the eve are to maximize the effect of swords dance and rock polish. the move set covers almost every type, except psychic, ghost, and dark. those you can deal with a combination of the attacks or whatever. lum berry stops metagross from being burned, sleeped, freezed, or paralyzed. steel protects from poison. and it happens to resist 10 types. with these excellent defenses, by now pretty amazing speed, and amazing attack, it become on heck of a monster. a pocket monster you might say.

credits

okay, a few thanks.
i would like to thank the academy... jk

i would like to thank thatsjustpeachy for helping me with sets and the rough outline for my team

i would like to thank themaster for some technical help

i would like to thank tyranitarquake for some technical help

and i would like to thank heptagon, the guy who i originally got the gliscor-metagross from.​

Comments above^

Aeon™

Rock Ultimate
i have found choice scarf TTar to be more effective if used right then the special defence set
Tyrannitar@choice scarf
jolly
252 attack, 4 sp. def, 252 speed
crunch
stone edge
superpower
earthquake/fire punch

he has 3 more speed then timid starmie and OHKO`s lucario with superpower/earthquake, does 3/4 of terrakions health, 5/8 of mienshaos, or more, 91% of heatrans, bulkier ones 78%, fire punch OHKO`s scizor, almost ko`s ferro and fortress.

thats a good idea, but i think i need to keep the defenses one. despite the helpful speed it gives, i already have a specs magneton and a scarf scizor. if i put a scarf ttar in there, i think it would be redundant and irritating. but i dunno. thanks for the help. if you can give me a reason to use it, be my guest. also, i need it to set up rocks.

Last edited: