• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Friends Really Love Tourneys

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Well, I completely destroyed them with my sun team in the last tourney, but they wanted another. They decided that we would keep the same rules as last time, with one more added on. My first rule was every poke had to have an attacking move with the same type, and now my next rule is that I have to use a poke that could be classified as a Pikachu spinoff. I decided to make every poke know a water type move, and my Pikachu spinoff would be Azumarill. So here is my second team.

Politoed (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Protect

Politoed is my rain starter, not much to say here. Protect to stall out burn or poison. Scald and Toxic to burn and poison. Ice Beam for some added coverage.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Starmie is amazing in the rain. Hydro Pump is complete destruction in the rain, as is Thunder, and Ice Beam finishes my BoltBeam coverage. Recover is to recover off any Life Orb damage.

Raikou @ Air Balloon
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Weather Ball
- Aura Sphere

Same Raikou that I used in the last tourney, with one little change. Thunder is for a great 100% accurate STAB in the rain. Hidden Power [Grass] adds some great coverage. Weather Ball is essentially a 150 base power Water move, and Aura Sphere is just a great move.

Azumarill @ Leftovers
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Punch
- Focus Punch

Azumarill is one of the best Aqua Jet users in the game. It is really a beast. I opted out of the standard Choice Band set and went for the SubPunch set. Sub blocks status and helps relieve damage, and Focus Punch doesn't need any prediction with it. Aqua Jet offers the STAB since with Huge Power and Rain, it gets unrivaled power, and it also has priority. Ice Punch offers the last move, and it has some extra coverage.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 SAtk / 148 Atk / 110 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Protect
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Crunch

I love Speed Boost Sharpedo. Protect stalls for a speed boost, and Hydro Pump is a great STAB for a rain mixed poke. Ice Beam for coverage, and Crunch is for a secondary STAB and my only answer to Blissey.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 208 Spd / 48 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump

Cloyster is the best Shell Smasher in the game. It is just almost too good. Shell Smash to start the destruction. Icicle Spear is the equivalent of a 187.5 damage move, factoring in all 5 hits and STAB. Rock Blast is a great move and offers good coverage. Hydro Pump is a secondary STAB move that is used against a physical wall.

Thank you for reading. And now, rate away!

(Pro)bopass

Certified Behemoth
Just because your Pokemon have to have a water type move doesn't mean they have to be water typed..

Have fun getting beat by anything with an electric/grass attack.

davidchu

Your WORST nightmare
Are you sure you want Hydro Pump on that Sharpedo?
If you hit, it will be terrifying for your friend; if you miss, it will be terrifying for you, considering how frail Sharpedo is
You might want to change it to Surf, or give it a Wide Lens

chap196

Actually Sharpedo is a better Physical Attacker than a Mix Attaker, so use Waterfall and Ice Fang instead of Hydro Pump and Ice Beam because it has 25 more base Attack than Special Attack and it will make Waterfall and Ice Fang more power than Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. Change the EVs to 252 Attack/ 252 Speed and 4 HP.
Hope this help

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
Just because your Pokemon have to have a water type move doesn't mean they have to be water typed..

Have fun getting beat by anything with an electric/grass attack.
Yes, I know I have a lot of water type pokes, but I can easily predict my opponent's team, because I know them, and they will use a team full of Charizards and Empoleons. Actually, I know that one guy will use a Raticate, a Furret, a Linoone, a Bibarel, and a Charizard. I mean, my friends are more predictable than Old Faithful.
Are you sure you want Hydro Pump on that Sharpedo?
If you hit, it will be terrifying for your friend; if you miss, it will be terrifying for you, considering how frail Sharpedo is
You might want to change it to Surf, or give it a Wide Lens
Yes, I do want Hydro Pump, because the power gap is very significant, and I really want it to be able to one hit thinkgs that it normally wouldn't.
Actually Sharpedo is a better Physical Attacker than a Mix Attaker, so use Waterfall and Ice Fang instead of Hydro Pump and Ice Beam because it has 25 more base Attack than Special Attack and it will make Waterfall and Ice Fang more power than Hydro Pump and Ice Beam. Change the EVs to 252 Attack/ 252 Speed and 4 HP.
Hope this help
You aren't catching what I am throwing at you. This Sharpedo isn't meant to hit from a single angle. It is neant to hit whatever I need it to, hence the mixed set. This set is actually the best OU set for Sharpedo on Smogon, which is really where I got it from.

But anyway, I remember that we can have one Uber, so I am thinking of removing Starmie and replacing it with this:

Rayquaza @ Choice Band
Trait: Air Lock
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 HP / 252 Spd
- Outrage
- V-Create
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

This set destroys just about everything. Outrage is so scary that it hurts my eyes. V-Create is on par in power with STAB Outrage, which is nearly impossible. Earthquake makes it so I can hit every poke in the game with neutral damage. ExtremeSpeed is, as many people know, is the best priority move in the game.

So, what do you think?

Swizich

I would NOT replace starmie for the same reasons you said in your rate but you could add

Ludicolo
Swift Swim Modest
~ Hydro Pump / Surf
~ Giga Drain
~ Ice Beam
~ Synthesis

Covers Rock Dragon and Resistant to electric will really help your team

Quagsire
Unaware Adamant
~ Recover
~ Waterfall
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake

adamant boosts Waterfall and Earthquake which are both stab and toxic and recover to heal and hurt

redcharzard

Semi-competitive
Quagsire
Unaware Adamant
~ Recover
~ Waterfall
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake

adamant boosts Waterfall and Earthquake which are both stab and toxic and recover to heal and hurt

The only thing I could recommend is to switch the set to a special

Quagsire
Modest
Unaware
Moves:
-Scald
-Ice beam
-Recover
-Yawn/Focus blast/Body slam/Acid spray

Scald is to inflict burn, Ice beam destroys Dragons except Multiscale Dragonite, Recover heals you, the last move is your choice

Yawn induces sleep or forces you opponent to switch, Focus blast adds Coverage, Body slam has a chance to paralyze(but lacks power due to the nature), Acid spray cancels stat boost which can really mess with the opponents plans. If you go with the Physical add in Return for perfect coverage or Ice beam to kill set up Dragons(Dragonite/Salamance/Haxorus.) The Waterfall and Return combination is only stopped by Jellicent.

On Raikou, try hidden power ground instead of grass so that not only will it 'wall' electric types it will hit them super-effectively as well. Also, if you're worried about ground types remember that every other pokemon on your team hits ground types for super-effective damage and weather ball will hit super-effectively as well.