• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My future Pokemon White team

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
This is my future team but not entirely sure on the moves:

Samurott:
- Surf
- Aqua Tail
- Megahorn - to use against grass types
- Dig - to use against electric types

Stoutland:
- Giga Impact
- Last Resort
- Aerial Ace - to use against fighting types
- Protect

Leavanny:
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Leaf Storm
- Poison Jab

Krookodile:
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Outrage

Eelektross:
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Wild Charge
- Light Screen

Chandelure:
- Shadow Ball
- Flame Burst
- Energy Ball - to use against ground, rock and water types
- Psychic

Aurath8

Samurott:
- Surf
- Return
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam

Aqua Tail doesen't do much for Samurott since it has the stronger more accurate Surf. Return goes great with Surf since the water-normal combo is resisted by two pokemon. Dig isn't as effective as it looks. Zebstrika is the only electric type hit hardest by Dig because others are hit harder by Surf, immune/neutral to ground or are fought once like Zekrom. Ice Beam gets a load of supereffectives and is pretty powerful too.

Stoutland:
- Earthquake
- Return
- Crunch
- Wild Charge

Giga Impact is bad because in two turns Return at 102 base power will do more than Giga Impact. Last Resort takes a tonne of turns to be able to even use it, where thhe opponent could easily KO you. Return will do more damage to any GenV fighting type than Aerial Ace. Crunch handles Ghosts. Earthquake takes care of Rock and Steel types which resist Return. Wild Charge is because three of your team members are weak to water or flying.

Leavanny:
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Swords Dance

Poison Jab does exactly the same as X-scissor when it comes to supereffectives except it has a small chance to inflict poison. Swords Dance increases your attack through the roof. Leaf Storm is special-based ond after an SD will do less than Leaf Blade. Return is your only other option besides Toxic, which doesn't really fit on such an offensive pokemon.

Krookodile:
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break/Stone Edge
- Bulk Up/Hone Claws

Outrage only covers Dragon, but your other moves get good enough coverage. Bulk Up for offence and defence but Hone Claws can be used with Stone Edge to get great accuracy.

Eelektross:
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Flamethrower covers Grass which resist T-bolt. Grass Knot hits Rock and Ground types which, despite levitate, give you trouble.

Chandelure:
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Flamethrower beats Flame Burst everywhere. Everywhere.
Calm Mind is yet another boosting move that adds a little bulk and a huge boost to your already ridiculously high spatk.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Samurott:
- Surf
- Return
- Megahorn
- Ice Beam

Aqua Tail doesen't do much for Samurott since it has the stronger more accurate Surf. Return goes great with Surf since the water-normal combo is resisted by two pokemon. Dig isn't as effective as it looks. Zebstrika is the only electric type hit hardest by Dig because others are hit harder by Surf, immune/neutral to ground or are fought once like Zekrom. Ice Beam gets a load of supereffectives and is pretty powerful too.

Stoutland:
- Earthquake
- Return
- Crunch
- Wild Charge

Giga Impact is bad because in two turns Return at 102 base power will do more than Giga Impact. Last Resort takes a tonne of turns to be able to even use it, where thhe opponent could easily KO you. Return will do more damage to any GenV fighting type than Aerial Ace. Crunch handles Ghosts. Earthquake takes care of Rock and Steel types which resist Return. Wild Charge is because three of your team members are weak to water or flying.

Leavanny:
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Return
- Swords Dance

Poison Jab does exactly the same as X-scissor when it comes to supereffectives except it has a small chance to inflict poison. Swords Dance increases your attack through the roof. Leaf Storm is special-based ond after an SD will do less than Leaf Blade. Return is your only other option besides Toxic, which doesn't really fit on such an offensive pokemon.

Krookodile:
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break/Stone Edge
- Bulk Up/Hone Claws

Outrage only covers Dragon, but your other moves get good enough coverage. Bulk Up for offence and defence but Hone Claws can be used with Stone Edge to get great accuracy.

Eelektross:
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Flamethrower covers Grass which resist T-bolt. Grass Knot hits Rock and Ground types which, despite levitate, give you trouble.

Chandelure:
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

Flamethrower beats Flame Burst everywhere. Everywhere.
Calm Mind is yet another boosting move that adds a little bulk and a huge boost to your already ridiculously high spatk.

Thank you for that :D wasn't totally sure on the moves to use.

Monochromatic

A.k.a: Nemo
Aurawarrior8 hit the nail right on the head.

You can also try this Samurott set:

- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Air Slash/Hidden Power [Ground].

Surf and Ice Beam have already been explained. Ice Beam already hits Grass types, so Megahorn isn't all the useful IMO. Grass Knot hits opposing Water Types. Air Slash gets some more coverage, but it is an egg move. Hidden Power [Ground] hits those Electric types, but is hard to get obtain.

CuriousHeartless

Yes you have GUDR. And I suggest following these guys. They are seniors to me and all the advice I was going to give you the already have.

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
lol @ igrmt superiority order

^Meeh, it's based on opinion. It's more or less the Ice Beam/Blizzard Argument.

There's an argument there?

I am just going to say Megahorn is mathematically more efficient.
Indeed;
I think I'll just step in here to point out the damage output difference of Megahorn vs X-Scissor over a 10 turn period, as that is equal to the lowest PP of the two moves.

I'm using the formula b * t * p, where b = Base Power, t = number of turns, and p = probability of hitting.

Megahorn: 120 * 10 * 0.85 = 1020
X-Scissor: 80 * 10 * 1 = 800

Even with its lower accuracy, Megahorn does a greater amount of damage over 10 turns than X-Scissor will. This goes for any value of t. Even if you do what the game so enjoys and factor in hax (this time we'll say it's a 30% miss rate, which is probably more than the game will actually apply) we still have 120 * 10 * 0.7 = 840. It's still the better choice.

Just throwing that out there~

I know I'm really not saying much in this post but I just thought I'd throw the proof out there.

Running both Ice Beam and Megahorn on Mixed Samurott is redundant since the main function of both is to hit Geass types; I'd say to drop Ice Beam for Aqua Jet.

FoldingScreen's variation is also fine. On that one, use X-Scissor, not Megahorn, because the Swords Dance boost will more than make up for the power drop from X-Scissor against Megahorn.

Following on from Aura's rate, Bulk Up on that Krookodile for sure. Hone Claws boosts up only Rock Slide's (use over Brick Break or Stone Edge, it outclasses them both pretty heavily in this case) Acc which makes it pretty pointless when you could have a potentially very difficult to kill Pokémon on your side with Bulk Up.

Edit: Also, if the OP could update, that would be nice.

Last edited:

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
After some reconsideration I am going to change two of my team but there's still some moves needed to be added:

Samurott:
- Surf
- Return
- Ice Beam
- ???

Stoutland:
- Crunch
- Return
- Wild Charge
- ???

Sigilyph: (Replacing Eelektross)
- Psychic
- Fly
- Sky Attack
- ???

Krookodile:
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up

Galvantula: (Replacing Leavanny)
- Bug Buzz
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- ???

Chandelure:
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Aurath8

Galvantula
Compuneyes
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-Volt Change

Compoundeyes raises Thunders accuracy to 91%. Energy Ball covers your Rock type weakness. Volt Change let's you get out of tight situations and weaken pokemon that counter you for your switch-in.

Samurott wants Aqua Jet for the last slot courtesy of TBR.

Sigilyph wants Air Slash > Sky Attack because of its better special attack and Shadow Ball in the last slot.

Stoutland wants Roar for the final slot.

Last edited:

JP1844

I still haven't thought up my team yet, but I'm 100% per cent sure my team will have included Hydreigon and Volcarona.
I fell in love for so many pokemon that I think I will have to rotate my team!

JMP7656

The Original Legend
My team is
Samurott:
Megahorn
Swords Dance
Surf
Hydro Pump/Hydro Cannon

Simisear:
Flame Burst
Flamethrower
Fire Blast