• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ky-nim

I dunno?
Jeju Region Pokemon Game Idea

Welcome to the Jeju Region! - MAP HERE

Jeju (based off the actual Island called "Jeju-do" in Korea) is a landmass NORTH of the Kanto/Johto continent. It is located an ocean away from Sinnoh's Western Region, and Johto can be reached by a river that runs through Jeju. There are hardly any large bodies of water here, save for the two lakes and the aforementioned river. But there are plenty of mountains.

The Pokemon version name has been determined to be Jet, Mercury, and Hyacinth.

Player Characters
Trainers

There are two version of the trainer you can play. Their default names are Ryan (male) and Katie (female). If selected he/she will be the son/daughter of the current Jeju Champion, Paul (not the anime character). The player's mother will initially live with the player until he/she sets out on his/her adventure.

The other unselected character, like that of Ver. GSC and FR/LG, will not take part in the gameplay.

Jeju's Professor and Rival

Rival Profile

The rival character's default name is Matt. Although he is more interested in studying Pokemon than battling, his competitive nature compels him to leave his school (the player does not see him until he/she goes to its first out-of-hometown city) and become the player's rival. Despite the initial isolation from player, the rival will still be having a starter pokemon that the player's starter pokemon has an elemental weakness to (i.e. if player starts with grass, rival has fire, etc.). His mom will tell the player (both families live in the same hometown) to meet him in that city to send him a special package, which contains 2 World Maps, Pokedexes, and PokeTechs.

The professor of Jeju's name is Professor Maple. She is interested in studying the natures/IV/EVs of Pokemon and live in the same town as the player. Her known family members are her son (a gym leader) and her grandson (rival - see above)

Storyline (Tenative)
The player starts at his/her home, watching a Pokemon League battle and seeing his/her father win again...in fact, you never have seen your father lose once, and the player's mom comments on that in the side. Suddenly, the rival's mother says that she needs the player to send a special package. So you take the bundle and start to leave. Before leaving, however, the mother advises you to go to Prof. Maple's Lab.

Despite this suggestion, the player inadvertently goes to the wild grass, which attracts a PEKTERN. Suddenly, some mysterious man appears, scolds the player and quickly dispatches the Pokemon with his Sandslash. After it is over, he looks at the player and remarks "You seem to have great potential, although you did a silly thing. I hope to see you sometime..."

Soon after, the player goes to Prof. Maple's Lab to get his/her starter. During the process the player mentions how a man came to save him/her, which quiets the Professor. She does not seem to like this encounter at all...

-TBC-

For the Jeju Fakedexm CLICK HERE

OTHER
Badge INFO

The Villanous Team of Jeju

Last edited:

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
your starter look a lot like digimon that's my only complaint other than that good job

Spookz

Lumos
This is simply fantastic. The characters and starters are obviously well thought out, and look extremely professional. I would expect to see something of this caliber to be for real. I can understand why someone would feel compelled to steal (as terrible as that sounds), these are amazing.

The only thing I can find that throws me off would be the cities. The building's dimensions are rather random- some buildings are clearly drawn in the third dimension while others you can only see two.

I'm genuinely excited to see more of this region.

.:Lemon Tea:.

Crystallized decay
I'm not a fan of pokemon anymore (*GASP*), I consider myself too old.. Harharr....

Anyways...I like how you drew the characters. They actually look like the real deal that you get in Pokemon. The only problem I have is with the water starter, the arms and legs look weird with the body....Maybe that's just me.

Overall this is a really good job.

adl222

your starter look great and the type combinations are good too. Everything looks great.

Frozir

F-f-freezing... NOT
I like everything that you've drawn so far, there's really nothing much to criticize.

Hope to see more of your art work soon.

31st Funk

Superunknown.
They are excellent, besides that the second and third grass pokemon are basically the same. And I hope, that the main characters are NOT fatherless/motherless.

Ky-nim

I dunno?
They are excellent, besides that the second and third grass pokemon are basically the same. And I hope, that the main characters are NOT fatherless/motherless.

1st Q: I could've defended myself by saying certain pokemon evos are extremely similar as well (but that's besides the point)...but meh. Maybe I'll change it.

2nd Q: Nope, I just decided the mothers of the players are not as significant to the plot so I forgot to mention them. I'll edit that...

And thank you FrozenShadow and adl222! :D

FreedomX10A

Infinite Atmosphere
everything is nicely done...
all i have in mind for some critics is...
1) your region is...a bit messy, i understand its hard...but then many of the features don't make sense...like the waterfall? the part where the river separates into 2, water is fluid, it has a tendency to flow to one side if the river is tilted..and gravity makes up most of the movements..., so if you ask me, i think the water would mostly go to the water fall since the land form there is more slanted.
2)the cities seem to be very close to each other
3)are those whirlpools in the middle of the lake?
4)the pokemon seem to all resemble the same animals, my idea would be next time to base them on more different animals.

and the others, are great, especially the humans, nice design...
keep it up!

Zeeky H. Bomb

that Krell guy
man... my work looks pitiful next to yours. please, don't stop. make more. (asks professor Maple for a Leaflo)

Ky-nim

I dunno?
everything is nicely done...
all i have in mind for some critics is...
1) your region is...a bit messy, i understand its hard...but then many of the features don't make sense...like the waterfall? the part where the river separates into 2, water is fluid, it has a tendency to flow to one side if the river is tilted..and gravity makes up most of the movements..., so if you ask me, i think the water would mostly go to the water fall since the land form there is more slanted.
2)the cities seem to be very close to each other
3)are those whirlpools in the middle of the lake?
4)the pokemon seem to all resemble the same animals, my idea would be next time to base them on more different animals.

and the others, are great, especially the humans, nice design...
keep it up!
Thank you! Now to answer the critiques...

For #1: Whoops! I accidentally drew the thing bigger than the actual size I wanted. It's a very small fall. And the river is a bit thinner too xP

fyi, gravity is not the only thing that affects fluid dyamics -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluid_dynamics *is a wiki dork*

For #2: The scale issue again. I'll make a better pic soon.

#3: Yes. I just drew them as reference. Those werent meant to be realistic there.

#4: I have NO IDEA what you are trying to say here. Are you saying the pokemon I made up look identical? (They dont.) Or that they look too close to the animals I based off of? (Not really. Google the animals and compare them with my art.) Clarification would be nice.

And thanks Zeeky! Your region is more well planned (with the badges and all). I like :D

Last edited:

blazikenBAM

alittlestitious
this is amazing!!
Maybeu could send this to nintendo, they could make a game of it

yeah, as great as that sounds, nintendo doesn't want to have lawsuits all over the place. they don't accept ideas from outside sources; it would just make problems.
~~~

on topic: i really love everything. i'm working on a region (not posted anywhere yet) and yours is definitely very sharp and has a direction.

all the starter lines are great. the concepts all work and they progress smoothly. the only thing that i'm not crazy about is the water/psychic typing. i just don't see the psychic very much, but maybe with color it would make sense (purple/pinks with blue?).

the trainers all look good too. i'm not a fan of the pokemon drawing style, but they look great.

so keep up the awesome work. can't wait to see more!

ariados34

A Vicious Weremoth
i really really like this... its all very planned out to me, i really only have two concerns
1) I think the Fire Starter should learn Night Slash... which right now it doesn't
2) the final stage of the water starter doesn't look psychic enough to me... but we'll see, they might get better... though that would we hard to do... when they are colored

Ky-nim

I dunno?
eeveerose: heh, thanks!

on topic: i really love everything. i'm working on a region (not posted anywhere yet) and yours is definitely very sharp and has a direction.

all the starter lines are great. the concepts all work and they progress smoothly. the only thing that i'm not crazy about is the water/psychic typing. i just don't see the psychic very much, but maybe with color it would make sense (purple/pinks with blue?).

the trainers all look good too. i'm not a fan of the pokemon drawing style, but they look great.

so keep up the awesome work. can't wait to see more!

I dont know...the water final one was supposed to look somewhat like a espeon variant, but I didnt want a clone...so I went for the fat look. Speaking of non-psychic looking psychic pokemon, I never considered Spoink/Grumpig to be a psychic pokemon really...

And the color for the final is actually are varying shades of blue-gray. I'll post the colors later since its hard to explain with words.

i really really like this... its all very planned out to me, i really only have two concerns
1) I think the Fire Starter should learn Night Slash... which right now it doesn't
2) the final stage of the water starter doesn't look psychic enough to me... but we'll see, they might get better... though that would we hard to do... when they are colored

1) Maybe I can replace the the Double Edge with Night Slash. Sound good?

2) See Blaziken's reply above.

awesome, you should get it all sprited.

I can't sprite to save my life...if anyone can make sprites out of them, I would love you to bits xD (if you do, please post a url or pic here!

EDIT: I did a quick CG of the final water starter. I hope you think it looks "psychic enough."

It's pretty crappy lineart-wise, IMO.

jagurondexdy8.png

Last edited:

!!-Eevee-!!

They are amazing, I like your trainers. But the Pokémon, they look like alot Digimon.

~Eevee