• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My hack's new Pokemon (feedback please)

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkprince909

Of course, I'm open to suggestions. Many of the Fakemon made so far for this hack were either suggestions from people in the thread, collaborations between myself and another person(s), or completely designed and sprited by people besides myself. So go ahead and post designs for Fakemon that you want to contribute, on the condition that the designs can be tweaked slightly if need be if I decide to use them.

And I did have somewhat rough ideas for the starters, but go ahead and show me what you had in mind.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
hmmm, drawings, eh? I have 575 drawings of fakemon (but 152 or so are actually copied from pokemon gen 1). Maybe I'll post some pics later too. and sorry, havn't gotten to the final guy yet, been busy lately

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
1st evolution: Fire starter
Fire/Rock
Dinore (Dino - Ore)(Can be changed if you want)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00150.jpg?t=1334366784
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00151.jpg?t=1334367047

2nd evolution: Fire starter
Fire/Rock
Bouldrake (Boulder - Drake)(Can be changed if you want)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00152.jpg?t=1334367075
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00163.jpg?t=1334367076

3rd evolution: Fire starter
Fire/Rock
Dynasaur (Dynamite - Dinosaur)(Can be changed if you want)

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00164.jpg?t=1334367093
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00167.jpg?t=1334367093
http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd491/extroph/DSC00168.jpg?t=1334367096
"Learns Explosion and Selfdestruct"

These are my 5-minute sketches of a fire starter. If you would consider and possibly make them into sprites, that'd be great :D

darkprince909

Hmmm... I really like the concept of this guy, although he might fit better as one of the fossils instead of the starter. I was thinking a sheep/ram whose wool looked like smoke for the fire starter, to keep with the Chinese zodiac pattern for the starters. If i used this guy for a fossil Pokemon, would it be okay if i made him 2 stages, where the middle one would become the basic, but it had the first one's match tail? And with the last one, I could keep the fuse tail, but maybe the dynamite would be completely hidden under the armor? Dynamite seems really unnatural for a non-manmade Pokemon like this.

I really do like your art style for your Fakemon. Id be happy to include any Pokemon you want to contribute to this project as long as they fit.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Of course! And thanks for considering them. I'm guessing your idea of a ram sounds and would look a lot cooler, as long as its fur is like spiraly and exotic like emboar :eek:

And I'd be more than happy to contribute some more ideas :) Thanks!

darkprince909

Well If you'd like to sketch them up and put the 'exotic' spin on them (thats the part im having the most trouble picturing in my head) and I'll start working on spriting the guys above (that last form is gonna be tricky though...)

NovaStar

█ ▄ █ ▄
ok, I changed the name to Ducave (Duck-[H]ave)

and I got the second one done. I had lots of trouble with Iaza cuz the color I chose the put on the bg matched one of the colors on paint...:l so you might need to fix that, cause I cant

10Duckott-1.gif

EDIT: fixed it
10Duckott-3.gif

Duccott (Duck-Cott[ON]
The Cotton Duck Pokemon
Entry: Duckott use the cotton-like fur on it's head to keep it from getting wet. The fur lets it sleep almost anywhere comfortably.
Ability: Water Absorb
Type: Water/Flying

Stats:
HP: 95
Atk: 74
Def: 52
Sp. Atk: 66
Sp. Def: 50
Spe: 70
Total: 407

Moves:

Start: Quick Attack
Start: Tail Whip
Start: Peck
Start: Wing Attack
Lv 18: Water Pulse
Lv 25: Agility
Lv 29: Roost
Lv 34: Air Cutter
Lv 40: Cotton Spore
Lv 45: Hydro Pump
Lv 49: Drill Peck
Lv 55: Rest

evolves at lv 34

Just letting you know prince. He didn't make this nor did he make the pre-evo, it was all done by GetaZ (Submitted in 2010 mind you).

Now boby why would you blatantly steal another's work? I would say don't do it again but I just don't like it when people claim others art as their own. Honestly I'm not happy with this.

Anyways, Prince I like your tiles and maps though, with some of your fakemon concepts I just don't see them working but that's just me. I can't say what could be considered a good Pokemon design.

darkprince909

@FireFox13: Oh wow, nice catch man. I'd hate to use someone's Fakemon without their permission. Ill remove this guy and his prevo from the dex.

@bobyjoe: GTFO thief

@extroph: sure, go right ahead. I'm still working on getting my spriting back to where it was, so I havent gotten the sprite for those dinos done yet.

Last edited:

DarkyWyvern

Reckless Trainer
Extroph, I really like your draws for the fire starter. IMO, the style does fit to pokemon.
I like how you add fire behind the leg of the final evolution. Although, the horn of the final stage seems like they are useless because they appear to bve too small and stick/glued to the head while they should be (IMO) more impossive/massive.

check that site, the picture could give you ideas - I personnally think the four horn ram would be interresting on the final form. I found the site while looking ''horn ram'' on google. ;128;
http://www.blackeagleranch.com/liveanimalphotos.html

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
The four horned ram seems like an awesome idea, and I would edit the 3rd starter idea if darkprince gives me permission to do so.

And you're right when it looks a bit too glued, maybe some fur near the horns would've made it look better.

darkprince909

I really like the designs for the fire starter. I'm 99.9% sure that I'd use these for this project. But I share the same concerns as DarkWyvern about the final stage. Maybe try two other versions of the head, one with just two horns, but they're larger, and a version with the four horns. then we can pick which one looks best. And I think he should maybe look a bit more bulky.

Also, on the second stage, the first thing that popped out at me when I looked at him is that his face looks straight off a Sonic character. Everything else about him is fine, his face just bugs me (I'm not a huge fan of Sonic, so maybe that's why...)

All in all, nice job so far

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
I'm working on some minor edits, like making a four horned final evolution with a slightly larger build. I redrew the 1st and 2nd evolution with a different pose, also changing the mouth of the 2nd evolution (I'm guessing that was the reason for the Sonic similarity). Hoping to get it done and uploaded tomorrow.

DarkyWyvern

Reckless Trainer
On all of your new version of the fakemon, the perspective is much better. They appear to be more 3D than before. Great improvement! They're also cleaner IMO.

Now, evolution by evolution.
The first form (is really cute btw) looks a bit too much like what I would imagine a baby miltank. I think the body could possibly seem better if it was more woolly, more like a sheep.

On the second evolution, I have nothing to comment about the head, i think it's really good. My only complain would be that his front leg appears to be to much massive - especially his front left one'. Even with perspective, it's like if they were bigger than the back legs while they should be the same or smaller.

I completly love the four-horn final ram. It looks amazing (even more if we compare with before). Changing the fire spot to the back legs (really not sure how to translate in english) is a good idea. But, I think it's less bulky than before: your first concept could have been fire/steel, which give quite a bulky side, while now it really appear to be stronger and faster, but less bulky (darkprince, just remember to give a good Sp.Atk to the fakemon, otherwise it's stab move will be weak). Yet I prefer your new version because it look cooler and is more sheep/ram.

Extroph

Gaijin Shogun
Thanks for the comments DW, I tried to give them a pose showing all their features.

For the 1st one, I was thinking that Firefox's 1st evo looks a bit better than my concept in terms of fur if we were to go with woolly.

I messed up on perspective, I guess xD

I tried to make it fat to make it show bulk, and changed the details to a horn texture, but it can still be metallic if i colored it gray in a colored version :) And yeah, high special attack for good stab, darkprince :D

darkprince909

These new ones are incredible! I can definitely see these guys making it into the hack now. The new final stage is leagues better than the old one (which for some reason reminded me of a tiger lol). I havent had much time lately to devote to the project, but Ill try to have these guys sprited as soon as I can, unless someone else wants to take a whack at it.

For the other two starters, if you guys are looking for something to draw, I was thinking of a Grass/Ground alligator that has grass or swampy type plants growing on its back to let it blend in better when its hunting. It wouldnt be Ground type right off, it'd probably gain it on the first evolution. For the water starter, the only thing I can think of is a beaver. I havent been able to come up with anything too decent as far as this one goes, so have fun with this one.

Thanks for your contributions so far guys. I really appreciate it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.