• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Heart Will Mend (Contestshipping One-shot)

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Hi again =D I have yet another one-shot I'd like to post up (I've been in a big writing mood lately XD) Well this is a contestshipping one-shot which is rated G and just to let you know I didnt know what Drew's last name was so I picked Marshall for him. I hope you enjoy this story and tell me what you think^^

My Heart Will Mend

A director sat behind a large camera that faced the stage. The talk show host Reena Jordans was sitting on a big purple sofa next to a well known celebrity May Maple. The audience all held their breath waiting for the director to cue the cheering.

“Three, two, one and action!” the director yelled, everyone began clapping and cheering whist the camera began to roll.

“Hello and welcome to my show Chit-Chat, I’m your host Reena Jordans. On today’s segment I have May Maple joining me”. She announced to the audience who went wild for the mention of May’s name and the fact that she was sitting there on stage not to far away from them. May smiled and waved to the enthused crowd.

“So May let’s begin the interview shall we? It’s obvious that now you’re a successful twenty year-old and you’ve defiantly broken free from being known as “Normans Daughter”. Now how does that feel”? Reena asked with a rather curious look on her face.

May laughed a bit to herself and moved a strand of her long, brown hair behind her ear. “To be honest Reena, I enjoyed once being known as “Norman’s Daughter” only because now that people know me as me it has a much better feeling behind it you know?” She responded. Having Reena bring up her family made her feel homesick now that she lived in Goldenrod City which was where the interview was being taped. She put on a big smile and hoped her sadness wouldn’t show through.

“I bet it is a great feeling and on to another subject, you’re a busy woman aren’t you? Why don’t you tell us what you’ve been up too lately?” Reena asked wanting to hear some exciting news.

“Oh gosh I’ve been so busy I haven’t gotten sleep in the longest time” she laughed “Lets see…I just recently hosted the Grand Festival which was really fun. All those young coordinators having fun really brought back memories. Plus I’m constantly working on my reality show “May’s Expedition”. She added on.

“Yes speaking of the show you can catch every Friday at six sharp. Now on to the subject everyone is interested in the most…who are you dating or do you have a little crush on someone we should know about?” Reena inquired. She had to hear what May had to say.

May blushed, these kinds of questions made her uncomfortable. “Um…well no actually with my hectic schedule I haven’t had time to date anyone. Although I do have a “crush” if you want to call it that on someone.” She gushed.

“Oh really and who might that be?” Reena asked getting a bit impatient; she really wanted to hear the answer.

“Well I used to have the hugest crush on this guy when I was younger but I haven’t been able to shake those feelings away and I don’t want to. I’m pretty sure you all know who he is-I mean he is a Judge for the contests: Drew Marshall.” May began to blush again and the entire audience gasped while the girls awed. This made May blush ten times harder. Reena put her hand to her heart, “May that is so sweet, I hope you get to see him again someday.” She said sweetly.

May sighed then looked back at Reena, “You know what I hope so too.” She replied softly. May didn’t know what hit her next, maybe it was the sadness about thinking about Drew and her family but May began to cry. Right there on the Chit-Chat show with millions of viewers at home which she was suddenly very aware of. The audience awed again which made May not feel as bad.

Reena and May continued chatting about her life and career until the segment ended and they said their goodbyes.

*******Over in Lilycove********

Drew Marshall was sitting in his house flipping through the channels. There’s nothing on and it’s only seven thirty, something interesting should be on. He thought as he continued looking with a remote in one hand and Chinese takeout in the other. He continued clicking the remote when he past the segment of Chit-Chat with May on it. When it finally hit him that is was her he flipped right back.

“Hello and welcome to my show Chit-Chat, I’m your host Reena Jordans. On today’s segment I have May Maple joining me”

Wow May sure looks different now, her hair is long and prettier. He thought as he shoved some friend rice into his mouth. Even though girl he had liked for a long time was on TV he tuned in and out of the show. Just then his phone went off so he put his food down and answered it.

“Hello this is Drew Marshall, who’s speaking?” he asked into the receiver.

“Oh gosh I’ve been so busy I haven’t gotten sleep in the longest time”

“Hi Drew bear it’s your mommy, how’s my little boy?” she asked as if Drew was six. Drew sighed, his mother called him everyday since he moved out of the house and city. “Oh hey mom I’m alright, how are you today?” he asked tuning back in to the show.

. “Um…well no actually with my hectic schedule I haven’t had time to date anyone. Although I do have a “crush” if you want to call it that on someone.”

Drew’s heart tore in half when he heard that remark. She loves someone else now? I really thought she had a thing for me all these years though…I guess that was a long time ago. He thought, completely ignoring his mother who had asked him a question.

“DREW TALK TO ME, I asked what are you doing?” his mother’s angry voice snapped him back to reality.

“I’m just watching TV right now, that’s all” he answered short and sweet much to his mother’s displeasure.

“Well Drew I was thinking about moving to Johto…what do you think about their sweetie?” she asked hoping to get him to talk.

“Well I used to have the hugest crush on this guy when I was younger but I haven’t been able to shake those feelings away and I don’t want to. I’m pretty sure you all know who he is-I mean he is a Judge for the contests: Drew Marshall.”

“WHAT”!” Drew yelled dropping his phone on the ground.

“Drew…Drew?! Are you that disappointed about me moving over there because I’ll stay here for you baby…DREW?!” his mom yelled from the phone on the floor.

She still has feeling for me…that means I still have a chance to be with her after all these years! A huge smile grew on his face when he saw her actually begin to cry about this. Don’t worry May I will see you…at the next contest in a few weeks that you’re hosting! Drew thought to himself happily.

“DREW MARSHALL PICK UP NOW!” his mother continued to yell. Drew sighed and picked the phone back up off the floor. “Sorry mom…”

******At Five Staryu Hotel, Grand Suite in Lilycove City******

A few weeks had past since May had guest starred on Chit-Chat and she was now in Lilycove to guest host the next contest. She was in her suite checking her e-mails when a knock came at her door. May got up and opened the door to let whoever it was in. The room service guy walked in and handed May her mail.

“Thanks Rob” she said shutting the door behind him. Probably all junk mail she thought as she shuffled through the stack. One however caught her attention; it was a pink envelope with her name on it and no return address. When she opened it she saw it was a note on pretty stationary with beutifly’s and hearts on them. She then began to read the note:

May I saw you on Reena’s show,
What gets me is that you personally never let me know.

You sat there and got your feelings out in the blue,
So now it’s my turn to return the favor back to you.

These Past few years without me being able to see you have been way too sad.
I’ll be at the lunatone café and if you decline that will be too bad.

If I get to see you again I know my heart will mend,
We’ll live with the happiness of being able to see each other once again.

Love,
Drew Marshall

Ps: Meet me at the lunatone café tonight at seven 7:30pm.

May re-read the poem over and over again, she couldn’t believe Drew had been able to contact her. She looked at the top right hand corner of the note and noticed that it was dated today. He must have given this to the front desk…he’s too sweet. May then put down the note and looked at the clock and shrieked, it was already 7:40pm.

“NO…This cannot be happening to me right now!” She yelled, she was in her casual clothes still and the café drew was at was about a half an hour away from the hotel. She ran to her closet and looked for something decent to wear. Since she had only planned to be in Lilycove just to be a host she didn’t pack much; however she did always carry around her short black dress for when she wanted to go out. She threw it on along with some subtle makeup, less was always more in her book. By time she was finished it was already eight o’clock, Drew please don’t leave, please don’t leave. She dashed out her room and ran down three flights of hotel stairs and into the lobby bumping into a few people along the way due to her ungraceful ness in heels. She ran outside to the sidewalk and whistled for a cab, the first one zoomed right past her and someone beat her to the second cab. Luckily as the saying goes, third time is a charm and May hoped into the cab.

“Wow, hey you’re May Maple you know that? Well anyhow where to?” the driver asked.

“Yes I am aware of the fact that I’m May and I need to get to the Lunatone Café pronto…as fast as you can get me there!” she yelled.

“I’ll try but the traffic is really lousy with all the traffic coming in due to the contest being held tomorrow.” He explained while begging to drive.

Drew I want to see you again so badly so just please wait a little longer. May thought to herself getting nervous that they weren’t going to make it.

******At the lunatone Cafe******

Drew sat at his table drinking his latte, waiting for May to arrive. He felt a little awkward sitting by himself in a room filled with couples. I wonder if May really meant what she said…It’s almost been forty minutes and she should have showed by now…If she doesn’t show in ten minutes I’m going to leave.

*******On the Road*******

“Can we please get a move on?” May pleaded to the taxi driver who was trying his best to get May where she needed to be.

“Listen May I don’t care how famous you are, were almost there and you’re going to have to wait for another ten minutes ok?” he said getting a little agitated. May sighed and looked at her watch, it was already 8:10. She felt just terrible, if I get to see you again I know my heart will mend. Was going through her head repeatedly . Oh Drew I feel the exact same way…

******Café*******

“Excuse me sir but we have a couple that needs to be seated and you’ve been here for almost an hour. Do you know when your date is going to arrive?” a waiter asked Drew. Drew already felt awkward, he didn’t need the entire café knowing that he was stood up.

“No…I think I’m going to head out now” Drew huffed picking up his latte and begging to head towards the exit sign.

“Alright May were here, that’ll be ten dollars” the cab driver said pulling over near the café.

“Here you go and you know what just keep the change” May spat, forking over a twenty to the driver. She jumped out of the car and slammed the door shut and ran as fast as she could towards the café. When she reached the door, she went to open it but instead it slammed in her face, knocking her on to the pavement.

“I’m so sorry” a man said kneeling down next to May.

May winced in pain but opened her eyes to see who the stranger was that was talking to her. When she looked up she gasped; she was looking into the beautiful green eyes of Drew Marshall. If I get to see you again I know my heart will mend. May began to cry and despite her pain she threw a huge hug around him.

“I made it” she whispered into his ear. Drew hugged her even tighter, “Yeah, I kind of noticed” he laughed.

“So what do you say, do you want to give it a try…us I mean?” he asked pulling back to look at her straight in the eyes. He had a feeling he knew what the answer was.

“Of course I do, if I didn’t I wouldn’t be here right now” may said smiling through her tears.

Drew leaned in closer and pulled May into a romantic, overdue kiss. My heart did mend the moment I saw you again.

That's the end, I hope you liked the story and as I said before tell me what you think^^

Last edited:

flygonrulz

Don't leave me!
Cool! You should go for a full-on version of this. This makes me feel all fuzzy inside *GET IT OFF, GET IT OFF!!!* and then, later, like my heart is melting because it's so sweet! Keep it up!

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Aww, well thanks^^ I'm glad you liked it!

Stephy

candies!!!11
CUTE!!! KAWAII! I loved it! It was-Amazing...How Haruka was late, and Shuu almost left, but...they ended up together! ^___^

Like I said, I loved it! (And now I know you are *Princess Seraphia* on PC xD *pokes your sig*

~Cecilia~

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Thank you that means a lot ;; anyway I was orginally going to have it that they missed eachother and then Drew was going to be all mad and then the make up at the Contest XD but then that idea came into mind and I liked it a lot more =D

XD Yaaaaay you figured it out =D so that means your XxRosesxX correct?

You know, I started reading this fic back when it was first posted, and I have no idea why I didn't finish it. I really don't.

Anyway, it was just as you told me; different from all the other contestshipping fics. As I told you, I love stories that dare to be different, and this one was quite good. You gave an interesting twist to contestshipping by making Drew and May adults that have secretly loved each other, so that's good. :) I noticed a few mistakes/typos, so here they are:

Even the girl he had liked for a long time was on TV he tuned in and out of the show.
Okay, I'm not really sure what this sentence was supposed to say, so I can't help you. The sentence was confusing, so I suggest it be altered a bit.
“Oh hey mom I’m alright, how are you today?” he asked tuning back into the show.
Just a typo here. You accidentally added "in" to the word "to", making Drew turn into a television show. But maybe you ment to say that, and you wanted a really big twist in your fic! :D
“Excuse me sir but we have a couple that needs to be seated and you’ve been here for almost been here for almost an hour.
Again, just a small typo. You repeted a few words, so just delete one and you'll be golden! :)
Drew huffed picking up his late and begging to head towards the exit sign.
Once again, just another typo. You forgot the second "t" in "latte", so just add it in, and you'll be golden once again.
When she reached the door, she went to open it but instead it slammed in her face, knocking her on to the pavement.
Nothing wrong here, it was just funny to visualize. :D

All-in-all a good story. I give it 98.75/100. Yay for random ratings! :D

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
XDD Thank you for the review and wow I missed a lot of typos ^^;; thanks for helping me out!! It's greatly appriciated =D and I fixed all the typo's so hopefully it makes more sense. Yes, yaay for random ratings, and thanks again.

chrisivy

Banned
I really like this story! I like the part when May got all embarassed because she talked about her crush on the talk show. It was exciting.

Haruka Kinomiya

That was kawaii! I loved Drew's reaction to May's answer on the talk show. Lol, great job.

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Crisivy and Haruka Kinomiya: Thank you guys^^ It means a lot and I'm glad you liked it.

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
GREAT FIC! SO CUTE!
That was so sweet!!!!! I love this fic, PM me if you write any more!!!
Thanks,
.../\/\...
Read my fic; going to ahve contestshipping in later chapters ;3

The Red Butterfly

rocket queen
Thank you so much XxM!styxX ;;. Alright I'll pm you if I write anymore in the near future (which I'm sure I will XD). Alright I'll read your's as well^^