• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Hero Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Chapter is out.

Kaminari MVP!

The elderly are making a move? That sounds like fun.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Really nice Kaminari spotlight here, I really love that fact that side characters aren't necessarily irrelevant. Most of class 1-A passed but that's honestly no surprise, the old people are probably apart of some advanced civilian rescue exercise for round 2.

Interesting stuff!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So we can put to rest the Kaminari is the traitor theory right?

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
In all honesty if there's really a traitor I very much doubt it's a student, especially one from 1-A. If there's a traitor, it's either a teacher or a character we have yet to meet. Or there was never a traitor to begin with an it's a villain, or a new character with an intel quirk being used for evil purposes.

Ominous Wind

That's the thing. Until now, Uravity's power is all about nulify gravity. It'll be broken power when she learns how enhance gravity, which will turn into some Sue Richards threat level.

God, I want this to happen just to see the butthurt from Ura haters. Her turning into an equal threat as the other powerhouses would be glorious.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Why is Ochako unpopular, though? Garanted she haven't a striking design as Ashido or Tsuyu, but her costume is great and she actually does great when in action. She's not my favorite, but I don't hate her.

About the traitor thing: I think it'll be someone really unexpected and unpredictable. Just my two cents.

Really nice Kaminari spotlight here, I really love that fact that side characters aren't necessarily irrelevant.

Thank God to that. Stories with many characters generally change focus to a main group instead work with everyone. Still want see more combinations, like Deku, Jirou and Sugar boy, for exemple.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Ochako ranks pretty high on the official character polls, so she's really not that unpopular. But her lack of on screen does leave a lot to be desired.

Her design is nice enough.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The illegals chapter 1 is out.

Knuckle Duster is god damn fantastic, both in name and combat wise. Gentleman is cool too I guess.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Don't really Pop Step, gonna be straight up honest here.

But Knuckleduster is something else. He's like a hybrid of All Might and the Punisher, and I love it.

Liked the little nods to the main series like Inko (Deku's mom).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So everyone passed round 1 after all, no shocker. Bakugou seems to have either finally taken Deku's comment on his borrowed quirk seriously or All Might accidentally got caught spilling the beans.

And the final test is rescue! This is probably gonna turn into a big Deku moment for sure.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Great usage of Aoyama here. A little bumed out everyone passed but i'm almost certain a very small amount will make it pass this round. A rescue exam will make or break Bakugou, probably both.

If One for all gets exposed via Bakugou things will get dangerous real quick.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why is Ochako unpopular, though?

I'm late on this but, it's mostly the main protagonist x the main heroine syndrome. People don't like those types of pairing because of how overdone and predicable they are, mix that along side Ochako's lack of relevance and you have your answer.

Also people are frog crazy now, so Tsuyu generally gets an edge lol.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Everyone has a thing for Tsuyu, but Mina gets no love. :(

Disappointed.

Mina is my favorite, actually.

Mina's not Deku crazy, that's probably why.

Nor Tsuyu, or Momo, or Jirou, or Hatsume... and, to be fair, Toga and Kemi (Shiketsu girl) are just crazy in general. It's just Tsuyu is insanely cute for someone who's basically a female version of an X-men C tier villain.

I'm fine with Ochako. She can be another "main protagonist's sweety heart", but the fact she isn't useless or a tsundere jerk actually grow on me. And, for all we know, the author can pull a Kishimoto/Tite and let the 2nd place girl actually "winning the bowl" (which were my ideal pairings, by the way).

Changing topic, does anyone else think that rescue test will be boring? I hope it shakes the things more than the first stage, even if we haven't some more fights between schools (despite it will probably happen).

Last edited:

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
The elderly are probably retired heroes who still have enough juice to actively make the rescues hard. (Probably not for Deku though) And the kids are probably freakishly strong and arrogant making for lots of potential trolling.

It can absolutely get boring if nothing is interesting about the rescuies and no limitations are added, but I doubt this'll be the case.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Chapter is out.

This grading system is freaking tough!

Ochako's not letting her crush get in the way for some stupid reason is a great start, let's just hope it sticks.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
So the rescue mission is most definitely not boring as there's more to rescuing than the standard procedure you see in comics/TV, which is good.

The whole Ochako thing while cute is completely unnecessary, she can have the D.....eku while juggling her feelings. You like him. But it's elaborated on so much lately that as a reader it's kind of distracting in itself.

The Mineta comedy however never fails to please me.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The whole Ochako thing while cute is completely unnecessary, she can have the D.....eku while juggling her feelings. You like him. But it's elaborated on so much lately that as a reader it's kind of distracting in itself.

How dare she be a highschool girl!

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Other forums are too salty about her crush getting focus. Seriously, I'm not even slightly bothered about it. Shounen always have had its common romantic dosage and my POV is that isn't disturbing the story or Ochako's character. It's cute and actually shows Uraraka dealing with it maturely, ordering her current priorities.

I'm more interested in how dificult this test will be on next chapters. I just hope we haven't yet another situation where Deku is forced to go 100% OFA for some reason. I actually want to see him dealing with his limit to surpass some problem without blow himself. And more action to less focused students (maybe mixed teams with diferent schools) would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.