• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Hero Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Born Better

God of Lightning
So I checked out the anime last night because I was looking for something to watch, and I enjoyed the hell out of it. Definitely gonna pick up the manga.

As for the comment about this not trying to be something it's not, remember Nardo's real downfall started in part 2. Nardo's problem also wasn't that it tried to be DBZ, thought that certainly was something, but that it tried hard to be deep and failed miserably. Fortunately for this, large scale, flashy, over the top battles with lots of explosions and stuff would actually work. As long as there are no super transformations or anything like that.

Last edited:

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
How dare she be a highschool girl!

The highschool excuse hardly works in a Shonen, especially one about super heroes.

Granted it is a slight improvement over major heroine failures like Sakura (if she keeps to her word).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
The highschool excuse hardly works in a Shonen, especially one about super heroes.

???
Explain. Because in no way does being Shonen change anything.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
When you have a heroine in a situation where she needs to get herself together over a guy she clearly loves (and will clearly get together), and waste panel space, it's an issue.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't know if it's because My Hero has a much lower priority compared to everything else (Toriko with the ratings it pulls should be dead last on the translation list) but these chapters take an obscene amount to time to come out, at least it gives people time to get home from school/work.

Any who the fake villains are here! Finally some real action! Maybe now we can really see Deku's transition from arms to legs in full swing. So hyped!

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Toriko's had more exposer and gained a more stable fandom and as such there's a demand.

Being rushed into oblivion and basically forced to end around this year is really Japan's fault, they are what is killing it.

Love how going Bakugou is like a meme now, those must have been some gullible judges.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Damn. My hero been's ranked #1 for the last what? 5-6 weeks? It's not even One Piece big and it's anime isn't back till next year.

That's damn impressive!

Born Better

God of Lightning
Managed to get caught up and I'm really enjoying this manga. I especially love the quirks. There is a lot of creativity there.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Damn. My hero been's ranked #1 for the last what? 5-6 weeks? It's not even One Piece big and it's anime isn't back till next year.

That's damn impressive!

Japan's allegedly pretty mixed on it's placement, so not sure what's going on there.

At least it guarantees a solid long run.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
I come home from work hoping for a new chapter and it refuses to come out. Translation team, I know you prioritize the more well known franchises, but this is silly.

Born Better

God of Lightning
What's your favorite quirk?
Really hard to say. The two that immediately come to mind are Bakugou's and Tokoyami's, even if Bakugou's isn't exactly all that new. Tokoyami's I like partly because it makes him look like a badass bird dude.

Favorite characters would have to be Deku, Ochako (Sports festival sold me on her), Bakugou, All Might, and Aizawa. Also liking that transforming girl. For some reason she looks like a Bleach character to me. Least favorites (and the only ones I straight don't like to some degree) are Mineta(pervert characters are annoying and unlike someone like say Jiraiya, he doesn't do or have enough to make up for it), the copy guy from class B, meat boy from the exams, and navel boy. Overall, I like the majority of the cast and I like that most of them get to shine. Hard to believe this was inspired by Nardo. I just desperately hope it doesn't turn out like that.

Favorite/most disappointing part for me so far is All Might vs. All for One. I loved it because it was just an awesome fight and it was cool seeing him finally exposed and everything. Was kinda mixed about him living, but I got over it. I am sad, though because I was really hoping for something where All Might and Deku fight together and now that may not happen.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
It's finally out.

Inasa got a really weak reasoning for hating Endeavor, but he might be on to something here.

Deku's about the only sensible one here.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Why would anyone want to be an Endeavor fan to begin with? Isn't it a well known fact the guy's an as*?

At least we know two people won't be passing, and he started a fight over something so little too.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Why would anyone want to be an Endeavor fan to begin with? Isn't it a well known fact the guy's an as*?

It may be a well know fact to the adults, but to the kids I doubt it. Even then Inasa's viewpoint on what a hero should be was poorly represented by Endeavor, and then by sheer coincidence Todoroki.

So to him it was probably more of an honor thing.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Then I feel bad for any idiot that idolizes a hotheaded monster who isn't even greatful for where he's at.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Inasa got a really weak reasoning for hating Endeavor, but he might be on to something here.

At least we know two people won't be passing, and he started a fight over something so little too.

Kinda late here, but Inasa did hit exactly the point why Endeavor will never surpass Al Might. A hero should give hope to the people AND be strong enough to rise for them. While there's no doubt he's up to the job, he did let his one sided rivalry turn him into a douche and a big A-hole (and, take note, his only reason to have a family was still to surpass AM).

So, while Inasa's reason to hate Todoroki senior is understandble, with Todoroki junior was just stupid. But, I think they'll understand each other by the end of the arc.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Kinda late here, but Inasa did hit exactly the point why Endeavor will never surpass Al Might. A hero should give hope to the people AND be strong enough to rise for them. While there's no doubt he's up to the job, he did let his one sided rivalry turn him into a douche and a big A-hole (and, take note, his only reason to have a family was still to surpass AM).

So, while Inasa's reason to hate Todoroki senior is understandble, with Todoroki junior was just stupid. But, I think they'll understand each other by the end of the arc.

They kinda half too, they're gonna fail because of each other. xD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Chapter is out.

Todoroki and Inasa have absolutely no chance of passing but at least they can go out with a bang with sustaining good damage on Gang Orca.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
They may make it by a sliver of hair but that's honestly reaching.

At least Inasa's problem with Endeavor and Todoroki was better elaborated on.

Status
Not open for further replies.