• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Hero Academia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Todoroki seems like a more believable opponent really, Bakugo's too hot headed to fight someone of that caliber cautiously.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
One thing I can appreciate about my hero is it's not trying to be what it's not, like most Shonen.

It's not trying be overly edgy like Bleach.

It's not shifting themes like Naruto, went from basic ninja things mixed with a little Shonen to a straight up DBZ ripoff.

Nor is it necessarily a parody like One Punch.

It knows how to mix up what its doing and doesn't sheer much from the overall narrative. It's even got some eye candy tier designs every now and then!

Minor/side characters aren't completely thrown to the side, lots of detailed surroundings ect everything a Shonen should be.

There's that new series too called The Promised Neverland, but that really doesn't feel Shonen.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The invisible chick.

She's almost never present when the villians show up/break in.

Kek.

Eh, I don't know. Part of me want to be Atsui. It would be groundbreaking.

Deku's harem continues to add on, but we all know there's only one girl for him.

Please, no. The only ones into him are Ochako and that psycho from AFO. Hatsume is all about her babies (figuratively) and that shiketsu girl probably won't appear again after that.

One thing I can appreciate about my hero is it's not trying to be what it's not, like most Shonen.

It's interesting how some story arcs really feels like western comics, like the Hero Killer arc, UA invasion arc, the recent Bakugou rescue (kids fighting the villain as a team or staying aside to All Might do the job...). I liked it, it's kinda diferent to the common shounen.

It's not trying be overly edgy like Bleach.

I gave up of Bleach years ago, just red the last chapter to have the confirmation IchigoxOrihime is canon. :p

One Piece is the only one of the old "Big Three" I keep reading somewhat regularly because I love Oda's art and comedy.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Chapter 0 the introduction to that spinoff came out yesterday, there's decent potential. But I need to see more before gaining a solid opinion.

Please, no. The only ones into him are Ochako and that psycho from AFO. Hatsume is all about her babies (figuratively) and that shiketsu girl probably won't appear again after that.

Completely forgot all about her lol. But her thing really isn't really "love" it's more of a creepy fetish if anything.

diakyu

Chapter 0 the introduction to that spinoff came out yesterday, there's decent potential. But I need to see more before gaining a solid opinion.
If the main guy's quirk is what was shown there, oh God lol. Poor guy. Loved the introduction chapter.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I liked it too, but it really should have just been its own arc. But I'm keeping my eye open on it.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
There'd be no time for it to be its own arc. It also allows the characters to actually have fleshed development.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
There'd be no time for it to be its own arc.

Because it's so hard to make a mini arc about illegal superhero's right after an arc about getting a temporal license for it being a hero right?

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Because it's so hard to make a mini arc about illegal superhero's right after an arc about getting a temporal license for it being a hero right?

I'm talking in the long run.

Because after this (assuming we don't get another invasion) we're going back to the school which'll leading training lesson probably, then some more villain alliance shenanigans.

A spinoff works better because it can focus on all the other things in the city that don't involve Deku and the overall narrative.

Ominous Wind

I haven't read the spin-off yet, but I agree that it is much better for it to be it's own contained thing rather than to take time away from the main story. I'm having horrible flashbacks to Naruto and Bleach just thinking about Hori derailing the main story to include a side one.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Chapter is out.

Cute lips girl's got some gross copy quirk, it's still neat overall. She's really got a thing for Deku lol. Creepy...

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Hot or no, that shiketsu girl going full yandere onee-san over Deku gave me chills! But, I' think it's more like curiosity about UA students turned into curiosity about Deku's motivations.

Anyway, nice chapter. Deku was pretty insightful about tactics and Ochako's style.

Last edited:

Ominous Wind

Another girl joins the Dekubowl!

We know Ura will win, let's not kind ourselves.

Anyway, I love it when Deku shows his progress! More chapters like these please!

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
Her quirk is shapeshifting then? Interesting.

The whole "I want to learn more about you" is really more her trying to get as much out of Deku as she can so her quirk becomes more of an issue when going up against the other U.A kids. If you can get down the personality of the person you're shapeshifting into in this type of situation, you basically have the edge.

Also that vanishing technique is badass!

Last edited:

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The whole "I learn more about you" is really more her trying to get as much out of Deku as she can so her quirk becomes more of an issue when going up against the other U.A kids.

Assuming Deku won't nail her next chapter. I'm actually hoping he can defeat her alone, but, who knows.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Her abilities + quirk are basically for stealth and sucker punching. Deku's are about attack and physical reinforcement. Apparently, knowledge wise, both are tied.

But, since the test's goal isn't about attack power but reach and hit the target, I'd say she have a clear advantage there. If Deku blinks, he'll lose his two targets left swiftly.

Status
Not open for further replies.