1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

My Hero Academia Thread: Plus Ultra!

Discussion in 'Alternate Animé & Manga Discussion' started by Mr. Reloaded, Aug 16, 2016.

1. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

They're gonna need more than teamwork if these Nomu's are already this strong.

Endeavor is not weak, these Nomus are just that good.

2. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Haven't been here in a minute, but I have to say the scene in the recent chapters about what it means to lack a symbol is incredible. it shows that the league is actually succeeding in what they want to do. A lot of people seem to gloss over that scene but the ball is in the Villains court right now, and they are playing the game incredibly.

This arc gives me hope that if an arc can exist that doesn't focus on Deku, then we can have an arc with the League as the main characters.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  3. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist OS>SM/XY>BW>AG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DP

Did a recent arc not focus on Deku? I'm only up to right when Overhaul shows up. If not, I wouldn't get your hopes up. The first page of the series is "This is the story of how I became the greatest hero" after all.

4. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

You should really catch up lol, you've got good stuff waiting for you.

5. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Fated Dragon Warrior

Endeavor won against the Nomu and posed like All Might but raising his right fist. Didn't expect Dabi appearing so casually at all though. Hawks is out of feathers while Endeavor's body is battered as hell so I wonder how they will deal with him or who saves them there.

6. Do people still believe the Dabi is Endeavor's son theory?

7. FlorgesPower2

FlorgesPower2 Anime fanatic

Dabi showed up at a really convenient time. Right when the world has signs for hope after losing their first symbol, bam! here comes this guy this evil sick guy who may or may not be related to their new symbol of peace.

If the theory is true and people know all that's happened with Endeavor behind closed doors, then the villains have essentially won. Because at that point who can you trust?

8. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist OS>SM/XY>BW>AG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DP

Deku's gotta step up and become the new symbol at some point. Might as well try going for it now.

9. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

So is the anime gonna have some sort of small filler arc? There's a character in the opening, right after the title shows, that I don't recognize.

10. Probably just an anime exclusive character they're using for the provisional licence exam.

I guess he could technically get his own arc before hand too.

11. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

"Wow, what an anticlimax. That cliffhanger last week, only for Dabi to leave less than ten pages in? What was the point of that, Horik-...oh. That's why."

And the Dabi theories are still unanswered.

12. We can at least say that if they are somehow related, Endeavor isn't aware of it.

13. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Fated Dragon Warrior

Well, that's some crazy unexpected turn of events right here.

14. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

His vision's all messed up, too, meaning he couldn't get a proper look at Dabi. Though I doubt he'd even recognize him with the weird body mods.

I also find it interesting that Dabi specifically remembered Snatch's line about families, and that he "went crazy thinking about it". He only says that line after remembering Snatch's line, so did he go crazy trying to remember him, or did he go crazy because of something involving his family?

The plot thickens.

15. CyberBlaziken

CyberBlaziken Allow me to steal your heart.

I had a feeling there was more than what meets the eyes with Hawks.