• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Hoenn team!

Bossk

Like a champ.
This is a remake of my Hoenn team. No replacing Pokemon, but that's it. I will rebreed and do EVs.

Spr_4d_373.png

Salamence @Choice Specs
~Modest~ 252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
~Intimidate~
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Dragon Pulse

Always wanted to try this set. Not sure on EVs, I'm bad with them.

Spr_4d_277.png

Swellow@Flame Orb
~Jolly~ 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
~Guts~
-Aerial Ace/Brave Bird
-Facade
-U-Turn
-Protect

I know Brave Bird is more powerful but recoil plus burn will bring down my health fast. I'm guessing another 252/252/4 is used for this set? Or do I have a good investment in HP?

Spr_4d_254.png

Sceptile@Choice Specs
~Modest/Timid~ 252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
~Overgrow~
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast

Another 252/252/4 *sigh* best way I've seen Sceptile.

Spr_4d_336.png

Seviper @Life Orb
~Naughty~
~Shed Skin~
-Sludge Bomb
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower
-Giga Drain

Spr_4d_330.png

Flygon@Life Orb
~Naive~
~Levitate
-Fire Blast
-Earthquake
-Dragon Claw
-U-Turn

Spr_4d_365.png

Walrein@Leftovers
~Relaxed~
~Thick Fat~
-Ice Beam
-Earthquake
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

I need some EV spreads for the last three. Not sure. Walrein seems obvious but for some reason I can't remember it. I never knew the EV spreads that belong to those sets for Flygon and Seviper.

Also, I know that a better Salamence set should be used, but I always wanted to try it out...

You have a lot of Pokemon covering the same roles. Like for example, Seviper and Flygon being mixed attackers. Seviper could be adding some Glare support if you wanted. In addition, this team has a noticeable Ice weakness.

Both your Sceptile and Salamence are both special attackers. Since you lack some physical offense/physical defense, and you want to keep the theme, I'm thinking a Thick Fat Hariyama could be a decent addition. Of course, then dropping Flygon or Seviper could work to add another Pokemon to take Special attacks better? I'm just throwing it out there...

You have a lot of Pokemon covering the same roles. Like for example, Seviper and Flygon being mixed attackers. Seviper could be adding some Glare support if you wanted. In addition, this team has a noticeable Ice weakness.

Both your Sceptile and Salamence are both special attackers. Since you lack some physical offense/physical defense, and you want to keep the theme, I'm thinking a Thick Fat Hariyama could be a decent addition. Of course, then dropping Flygon or Seviper could work to add another Pokemon to take Special attacks better? I'm just throwing it out there...

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
This is a remake of my Hoenn team. No replacing Pokemon, but that's it. I will rebreed and do EVs.

Spr_4d_373.png

Salamence @Choice Specs
~Modest~ 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
~Intimidate~
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Flamethrower
-Dragon Pulse
Not much to say here as far as your moveset goes, but replace Fire Blast with Flamethrower for higher Accuracy and PP. The Base Power difference isn't that great, anyway. I changed the EVs, and I will explain why now;
I use 176 Spe because Modest Salamence will never outspeed a Max Spe. Pokémon with higher than 90 Base Spe. However, the Base 90s often run a +Atk or SpA nature. Therefore, Salamence should be aiming to outspeed them, because they are the most immediate beatable threat. Assuming that they run 252 Spe EVs, they will all have a Speed stat of 279. 176 Spe EVs give Salamence a Speed stat of 280, meaning that you will never fail to outspeed them. You can't risk running any lower because this will result in a Speed tie, which you have a 50% chance of losing.

The rest is invested in HP for Bulk.

Spr_4d_277.png

Swellow@Flame Orb
~Jolly~ 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 HP
~Guts~
-Aerial Ace
-Facade
-U-Turn
-Protect

I think you're fine here. No changes are needed. I'm a bit worried about durability, given how frail Swellow is, but Flame Orb is one of its few Viable sets.

Spr_4d_254.png

Sceptile@Life Orb
~Timid~ 252 SpAtk/252 Spe/4 HP
~Overgrow~
-Leaf Storm
-Dragon Pulse / HP[ICE]
-Energy Ball
-Focus Blast
252/252 isn't that bad when it's being used efficiently, as it is here.
You should be running a Timid Nature so that you can outspeed everything Base 120 and below, which is exactly what Sceptile is all about; Coming in, moving fast, and Sweeping. You could consider HP[ICE] > Dragon Pulse for the Flying-Types, too.
Life Orb is there for flexibility, and because I plan to make Flygon choiced instead.

Spr_4d_336.png

Seviper @Life Orb / Muscle Band
~Adamant~
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
~Shed Skin~
-Poison Jab
-Earthquake
-X-Scissor
-Aqua Tail
On this set, I suggest that you go purely physical.
Firstly, on a Physical set, you should go for Poison Jab > Sludge Bomb for the obvious reason. Do not use Gunk Shot because, IMO, it is nowhere near reliable enough for in-game when Hax is always just around the corner. Earthquake is fine, but have X-Scissor for the Psychics that will try to stop you. Finally, you can cover your own Ground weakness with Aqua Tail, which also provides good coverage overall.
Since Adamant Seviper won't be outspeeding mich, you can just run a standard 252/252/4 set.
As for the item, I felt that this team was getting a little too high-risk, so you could consider a Muscle Band if you want.

Spr_4d_330.png

Flygon@Choice Scarf
~Adamant
~Levitate
-Fire Punch / Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-U-Turn
Standard Flygon is Standard. I would have come up with something more creative, but I'm no expert with Flygon so yeah. Choice Scarf + Adamant gives you a fairly dangerous Sweeper immediately. The moves are chosen for Double STAB and coverage; Stone Edge or Fire Punch will cover your Ice Weakness, should you decide to stay in on an Ice-Type. U-Turn is to come in, deal out some damage, and then run away from something too strong.

Spr_4d_365.png

Walrein@Leftovers
~Bold~
220 HP / 240 Def / 48 SpDef
~Thick Fat~
-Protect
-Substitute
-Toxic
-Surf
Eh, I hate copypast'a Smogon, but this set actually works. For the EVs, I'll let Smogon do the explaining for me because they do it well;
Smogon said:
220 HP EVs puts its stat at 416, which is divisible by 16. This is of great importance as with its max HP of 424, Walrein's Substitutes would require 106 HP to make, but over the two turns it spends stalling with Substitute and Protect it would only recover back 104 HP. A HP stat that is divisible by 16 is necessary to allow Walrein to stall indefinitely (or at least until its PP runs out). The 48 Speed EVs give Walrein the jump on neutral natured base 70s, most notably Skarmory and Metagross.
A bit tacky, I know, but effective nonetheless. I don't normally copypast'a but yeah.
The reason I used Toxic is because, in-game, the stupid AI will not switch out a poisoned Pokémon, so when you find the ideal moment, you can just poison the opponent, then sit back and keep stalling. Surf is there for Steels that try to ruin your day.
There you go :) Good luck!

Yay! 1000th Post on Serebii! :D