• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Hoenn Team!

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
That's right, all of my Pokemon originate from Hoenn!

;257; Blaziken@Life Orb, Adamant, 252 Attack/252 Speed/4 HP
Ability: Speed Boost
Protect
Blaze Kick
Sky Uppercut
Night Slash

A fast, physical sweeper. Protect lets me stall for a turn and get a speed boost, while I get STAB on Blaze Kick and Sky Uppercut. Night Slash is great for countering Psychics.

;254; Sceptile@Focus Sash, Adamant, 252 Attack/252 Speed/4HP
Ability: Unburden
Swords Dance
Leaf Blade
Dragon Claw
Earthquake

Another fast, physical sweeper. First, I use Swords Dance to boost attack. Sceptile is fast enough already, but for those few, faster ones, using my focus sash will activate unburden, making me a speed demon!

;260; Swampert@Muscle Band, Adamant, 252 Attack/252 HP/4 Sp.Def
Ability: Torrent
Waterfall
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Brick Break

A good Physical Sweeper. Ice Punch counters Swampert's only weakness, Waterfall and Earthquake have STAB, and Brick Break gets rid of pesky Reflect and Light Screen

;356; Dusclops@Evolite, Relaxed, 252 Def/252Sp.Def/4 HP
Ability: Pressure
Will-o-Wisp
Gravity
Skill Swap
Pain Split

Dusclops with Evolite and max EVs in both defenses makes it very hard to take down. Will-o-Wisp cripples physical attackers, Gravity is great for getting rid of Immunities, Skill Swap replaces Dusclop's crappy ability with a good one, and is also great for removing good abilities from teams that rely on them. Pain Split for healing.

;334; Altaria@Wise Glasses, Modest, 252 Sp.Att/252 Speed/4 HP
Ability: Cloud Nine
Roost
Cotton Guard
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast

Altaria has better Sp.Def than Def, so cotton guard evens it out. Roost heals, and gets rid of the 4x weakness to Ice. Dragon pulse has STAB, and Fire Blast is great against Steel and Ice Types.

;376; Metagross@Leftovers, Adamant, 252 Attack/252HP/4Speed
Ability: Clear Body
Rock Polish
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

Another Physical Sweeper, with the option to be fast. Meteor Mash can raise attack, Zen Headbutt for STAB, and Earthquake for Great coverage.

Any CONSTRUCTIVE Criticism is welcomed. And No, I'm not using Salamence.

Last edited:

pikamanepicfail45

<dont dis da awsmnes
Meh, Dusclops is better than Dusknoir because of that Evo Stone item. The item makes its defenses about 20-30% better, which really adds up.

Blaziken-use Protect. It will stall for a turn while it gets up its Speed. It'll become faster than a lot of threats.

Metagross- Bullet Punch+Life Orb

Gardevoir- A lot of better options (Flygon, Ludicolo, Ninjask, Aggron, Milotic)

Swampert- Better item options

Sceptile- Looks fine to me.

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
Thanks Blue Harvest and pikamanepicfail45 for the Dusclops suggestion, this also helps when people dispute that Dusknoir isn't a Hoenn Pokemon. pikamanepicfail45, what's a better item for Swampert?

NukeRider

Conjoined at birth
blaziken shouldn't be your first pokemon. switch it with swampert. also, give it shadow punch instead of night slash. with sky uppercut and shadow punch, there is nothing that resists you.

SSuperFreaKK

Hoenn Trainer
These are in random order, I plan on having sceptile first. Also, Dark and ghost type moves are almost the same, only difference being that Fighting type has a resistance to Dark. Night slash has better base power, and a High critical chance.

Also, does anybody have a good suggestion for an Altaria replacement? I was thinking Absol, but I'd really like to have a Special Attacker.