• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My in-game fire team...

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Hi everyone,

i had this crazy idea to try playing pokémon Black 2 on hard mode, with only fire pokémon. I have the six pokémon i want to use in my signature, but i'd like to see what you guys think. I am not a competitive player, i'll stick to in-game battling. :)

Charizard
ability: blaze
nature: modest
- flamethrower
- dragon pulse
- air slash
- fly*

* I always have a pokémon with fly and sure on my team. But of course in this case, having a pokémon with surf will become a little difficult lol.

Emboar**
nature: adamant
- heat crash
- stone edge
- hammer arm
- earthquake

** Because i always like to use my starter.

Arcanine
ability: intimidate
- flare blitz
- wild charge
- outrage
- extremespeed

Volcarona
ability: flame body
- bug buzz
- quiver dance
- flamethrower/fiery dance
- hurricane

Chandelure
ability: flash fire
- will o wisp
- flamethrower
- shadow ball
- energy ball

Heatran
ability: flash fire
- magma storm
- dark pulse
- dragon pulse
- earth power

So yeah, feel free to give me any tips on how to improve this team. I'd like to see what you guys come up with. :)

chap196

For Volcarona
Use Giga Drain instead of Hurricane on Volcarona because Giga Drain give more coverages and it covers Water.

For Emboar
Use Flare Blitz instead of Heat Crash for more power, also if your opponent Pokemon is heavy, Heat Crash will not deal much damage. Wild Charge instead of Earthquake for more coverage and Hammer Arm and Earthquake share a bit of coverages.

peacemaker987

Custom User Title
I'm always kind of iffy on conservative-offense charizard, he's going to get OHKO'd anyway.
Slap on choice specs when possible, and go

]Charizard@Choice Specs/Life Orb
]Modest | Blaze
Overheat / Fire Blast
Focus Blast
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse/Fly

You'll have Air Slash for a dependable STAB, so use a powerful fire attack for a risky, yet powerful, one-timer.
Focus Blast is a must for pokemon with rock/steel/ground combination. Dragon Pulse is a filler for neutral damage, so it can be replaced with Fly if you really need to.

Emboar will be outclassed as a purely physical sweeper. You can get a pretty handsome amount of coverage if you go mixed. btw Emboar isn't fat enough to abuse Heat Crash. As chap said, fight and ground get the same coverage; except ground attacks don't benefit from STAB. Wild Charge is more reliable for hitting flying types. (+water types too.)

]Emboar@whatever
]Lonely | Blaze
Hammer Arm/Brick Break
Scald
Wild Charge
Flare Blitz/Flame Charge

I personally prefer CC over Outrage on Arcanine because rock types sometimes come with steel. It doesn't really matter in the end, a power attack will still earn you a win in-game.

WoW does seem like a pretty good idea on paper, but Chandelure is too frail to truly abuse it. You'll end up OHKOing many pokemon, so the status won't really help survivability. Substitute may work better.

good luck.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
on Heatran, Flash Cannon over Dark Pulse. Fire + Dragon + Ground already covers everything anyway, so it's okay to have Flash Cannon for the fourth move.

Eternalhero

Trainer/Breeder
Hi I think you should take out Chandelure, and replace it with Magmortar with these moves Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Rock Slide/SolarBeam, Flamethrower.

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
So wild charge for Emboar instead of EQ, Volcarona gets giga drain instead of hurricane (didn't know he could learn that move), Charizard gets fire blast/focus blast or dragon pulse/air slash/fly. And since Arcanine already has outrage, i can safely teach flash cannon to Heatran.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Hi I think you should take out Chandelure, and replace it with Magmortar with these moves Thunderbolt, Earthquake, Rock Slide/SolarBeam, Flamethrower.

I have considered using Magmortar, but when i used it before it was kinda slow imo. So i'll just stick with Chandelure. Sure it's maybe a little fragile, but with decent speed and sp.attack. That said, i think i have made my decision with the following combinations of moves, items and other stuff:

Charizard
- flamethrower
- focus blast (replaces dragon pulse)
- air slash
- fly

Emboar
nature: lonely (replaces adamant)
- flare blitz (replaces heat crash)
- scald (replaces stone edge)
- brick break (replaces hammer arm)
- wild charge (replaces EQ)

Wow peacemaker987... Emboar is saying thanks. Lol.

Arcanine
ability: intimidate
- flare blitz
- wild charge
- outrage
- extremespeed

Volcarona
ability: flame body
- bug buzz
- quiver dance