• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Introduction (this may take a while)

What did you think of this introduction?

• Great! =D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's alright. =)

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Bit long for my taste...

• Not long enough! ;D

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Not sure of what to say.

• "Celebi used time travel to never click on this"

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters

M.E.R.255

Triangle Face
Hmm... where do I begin? O_O Suppose I'll start with the basics...

My name is M.E.R.255, and I'm a guy who's been playing Nintendo since the Game Boy came out. :D (in other words, I'm bit of a fan =P)

Hmm... No... Maybe I could try something different for a change. ;D

FAQ about me
  1. Question: Why are you making an FAQ here?
    Answer: So you learn more about me without having to ask first! ;D
    (Don't worry, I love it when people ask! ^^)
  2. Question: No, but seriously, why are you making an FAQ here...
    Answer: I'm strange, that's why!
    (Or is it that I was raised in Germany till I graduated high-school? Is me being half German what makes me so crazy? o_o Or am I plain crazy? 'o' Wait, who am I talking to?! O_O)
  3. Questions: Do you have any hobbies?
    Answer: My hobbies are...
    • website development (HTML, CSS, and junk :p)
    • sprites & smilies (also turning them into animated GIFs)
    • N64 & GB(A) renders (removing the background and stuff ;P)
    • playing video games (haven't much lately ._.)
    • thinking too deeply about stuff (Is that a hobby or something one simply does? Let me think about this... >->)
  4. Questions: Any Qualifications?
    Answer: Besides my hobbies?
    Um... I once was a Nintendo clan admin for 3 years?
    Is that something? XD
    (Why did I add this question in here when I had no clue what to put in it? 'o')
  5. Question: Why do you write so much?!
    Answer: I once had a member who never stopped asking "Why", so I kept explaining more and more until I got stuck with explaining way too much! DX
  6. Question: Do you do commissions?
    Answer: Not really...
    I do things for fun, not to make money or be forced into doing something...
    (Where would be the fun in that?)
  7. Question: What's your favorite Pokémon?
    Answer: Celebi!
    She's my Poké-Princess!
    (Sorry, I like to call her that! *sweat*)
  8. Question: So your favorite generation is 2?
    Answer: Correct! ;D
    Pokémon Crystal, to be exact! ^^
  9. Question: Will this introduction ever end?
    Answer: NEVER!!! >=D
    (okay, maybe after a few more lines =P)
  10. Question: Why are you here?
    Answer: To be truthfully honest? I've been trying to find a website I could call "home" ever since I closed my clan (10+ years ago) but no matter where I go, I can't find anything like it.
    I haven't joined many communities, because the more I try, the more discouraged I get.

To a lot of them, I'm just a number. Just another addition to their member list. Even after spending hours and days on topics, replies, feedback to programming issues, sprites, and animation will they not respect me or show appreciation.

"I like it", "nice", those are things I can say about the weather and food; not replies I'd make when trying to show appreciation and support to one who puts in love in care into his hobby.

Whatever happened to "Keep up the good work!" and "Could you teach me this?"?

Even though this topic may get overlooked or ignored, I'll still write it,
    because giving something a chance is better than to stay hidden and feel alone.
  11. Question: Can you contribute?
    Answer: Only if you let me! ;D
  12. Question: Do you have a website?
    Answer: I wanted to have one, multiple times. ^^
    Buuuut... I barely know anyone who'd join, plus I'm unsure of what to make in the first place. ._.
    "Will it just go unnoticed?"
    "What if my efforts would go to waste?"

I feel a bit silly that I was paying for a hosting service for several years and hardly utilized it...

If there's a good reason to do that again, I will. Heck, I even offered to let people use it, just so it's used for SOMETHING. But no luck.

Once, I tried to create a website from scratch for a member that was close to me. =) He was like a brother to me! =D For the first time, I tried to make a clan page from scratch! ^^ Day and night I put in, skipping sleep and working on the code! I never went to school for it, so it was quite the challenge to find the answers online! ;D And after all this effort and having made a user login and admin menu... =D
    He deleted it, and replaced it with a downloadable page.

I just don't see myself go through all that again for nothing.

Money is no reason for me to have a website.
    I don't care if it comes out of my own pocket; at least I'd enjoy having a place I could call home again. ='D

Perhaps I'm just stuck in the past, and can't get back out. *sweat*

Someone send me Celebi! She would know what to do! =D
    (Sorry, I tried to be silly there, in case I may have upset you ^^)
  13. Question: Can you proof that you actually work with sprites?
    Answer: Here's a green, cutsie Joltik I made from Pokémon Black & White's animation! ^^
    minty_the_joltik__updated__by_merry255-d8zon1r.gif

(I named her Minty ^^)

What about Walrein without fur and teeth?
    porygone_de_tooths_walrein_by_merry255-db6bq7e.png

Okay, fine... This fatty is made from scratch! *sweat*
    virchu_by_merry255-d7fxnr2.gif

(She's a Virchu. ;P)
  14. Question: Do you edit your posts?
    Answer: When I can? Totally! =D
    I commonly make typos and find ways to make my replies more readable, so I tend to edit them. ^^
  15. Question: How long have you worked on this?
    Answer: About 2 hours? 3?
    On topics like these I tend to preview the post again and again until I'm somewhat satisfied. *sweat*
    I'm bit of a perfectionist... which is bit of a curse, really. DX

Thanks for reading! =D Hope you enjoyed it. =) I tried to keep my intro a little shorter than usual. ^^

Last edited: