• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Kyogre: Save or try again?

Kabutops Dude

Beginning Trainer
Well, I just spent a few hours resetting my Emerald over and over again, throwing a Master Ball at Kyogre hundreds of times.

I've been going for one with 31 IVs in HP, in order to get 101 HP Substitutes at level 100, and... I finally got one! Hooray! However, as excited as this makes me, I am less than pleased with his other IVs...

He got 29 Attack IVs, but I highly doubt that I'll ever teach him a physical Attack move, so although it's nice, it's a waste. When it comes to Special Attack though, he only got 10 or 11 IVs. :(

With its 10-11 Sp. Attack IVs and a Mild nature, my Kyogre will have 415 or 416 Sp. Attack at level 100.

At the same time, a neutral natured Kyogre with the maximum 31 IVs and in Sp. Attack would only have 399 Sp. Attack. My Kyoger beats this by 16-17 points, even with his crappy IVs.

However, if my Kyogre didn't have such crappy IVs, his 415-416 Sp. Attack could be higher - up to 438 with maximum IVs. I know that I shouldn't expect maximum IVs in HP -and- Sp. Attack, but still, even with just "average" IVs of about 16 in Sp. Attack (instead of crappy 10-11), my Kyogre would still get at least 7 more points of Sp. Attack.

So, what do you think... should I save my game, or reset again and try for a higher Sp. Attack? What would you do?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
It would take too long to get anouther 31-HP-IV with a good nature (Mild/Modest) so I would keep it.

Kabutops Dude

Beginning Trainer
I saved it.

I really wish that it was Modest instead of Mild, but with the odds of a Modest nature having 31 HP EVs being 1/800... that could be 13+ hours of chucking a Master Ball every minute!

And the thing is, I would have done it. Compared to those people who can reset until they get a shiny, 1/800 actually doesn't sound that bad! So I guess what I'm trying to say is... thanks for momentarily snapping me out of my OCD tendencies, hehe. Even though I'm regretting that Save a little today, I'm sure I'll get over it, and I'll owe those 13+ hours of saved time all to you. :)

Xtra

You will be missed:(
Legends have the same chances of getting specific IVs as any other Pokemon. It makes no difference whether they're legendary or not.

He's right. I got good IV's on my Latios.

By the way, why use your master ball? Since he's not going anywhere, it wouled have been better if you used Ultra/Timer balls.

jake279

Ice Master
i dont even look i just catch the first one i see