• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My lack of electric is annoying...

Arande

I like to raise a bunch of pokemon to mix around my team sometimes, but I've noticed a lack of electric kinda kills me whenever someone throws out a charizard, gyarados, or milotic (bunch of water for that matter)

I lack a way to get electavire, or however it's spelled. Went through the electric lists and apparently the next best fast electric with a good movepool is raichu. Unfortunately I can't figure out what move to give up of the 5.

Nature: one with +speed or sp attack
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
Reversal
nasty plot
Volt tackle

Thunderbolt (accuracy over thunder)
Grass knot (kicks ground, swampert seems to be a common one people throw at me. Seems to be a standard from what I've read on the boards)
reversal (I'm not sure about this one, but with the sash and how common EQ is, it'd kick steel and rock around, as well as dark. TTar comes to mind)
Two I'm really tossed on
Nasty plot (use it and sweep away, but that's if it can take a hit. Relying on the sash is risky with all the 1st move attacks out there now)
Volt tackle (I like having a different type of attack to fall back on, should my opponent throw a special wall or something out, or something with mirror coat or light screen)

Arande

I really dislike the birds, as well as the 3 lake pokemon. Just too common. Just like it bugs me that 9/10th the people I run into use Gachomp, Salamance, or TTar. Over half the time 2 or all 3.

Lanturn was a thoguht, but other than it's HP, the other stats didn't seem to be that great.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
Now that I re-read your first post, I realized you need a counter for those Pokemon. You really don't need an Electric type to do your Electric attacks, and without Electivire as an option, I now suggest some BoltBeamers, such as Pory-Z and Starmie. Their SAtk rocks so it doesn't matter if they get STAB or not. Try one of those.

Arande

Ironically staryu was one I was also raising too :) Probably wouldn't work well w recover and cosmic power anyways.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
Ironically staryu was one I was also raising too :) Probably wouldn't work well w recover and cosmic power anyways.
Well, most Starmie look like this:

Starmie@Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Timid/Modest
252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Grass Knot/Recover

Grass Knot for 'pert and other heavy Pokes, or Recover for 'Nape and Gyara, and to offset the Life Orb recoil.

Last edited:

Dyne

Well, if you really want to use Raichu then you can use a moveset like this:

- Substitute
- Encore
- Grass Knot
- Thunderbolt

It's kind of a sacrifice. Basically, you force the opponent into using Earthquake repeatedly by Sub'ing then Encoring. Grass Knot and Thunderbolt for things you can take down.

Moveset's not too great, but it works, I guess. I'd probably go with Starly's suggestion if you just want an Electric attack.

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Well, most Starmie look like this:

Starmie@Life Orb/Wise Glasses
Timid/Modest
252 SAtk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Surf
- Grass Knot

Starmie's a little too fragile to use Recover effectively, and Psychic has a small coverage.

On the contrary Starmie needs Recover so it doesn't get worn down by repeated attacks from Gyarados or Infernape, which it counters very well.

-Starly-

Brain Damage
On the contrary Starmie needs Recover so it doesn't get worn down by repeated attacks from Gyarados or Infernape, which it counters very well.
Forgot about that, and it can also negate the Life Orb recoil. Guess I underestimated Recover on Starmie.

*Edits post*