• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Latest Team (5th Gen OU Competitive Team)

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
II need a better title...

thumb_rotom-mow.jpg

Rotom-C
Rotom-C @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Descrition:
Moves:

thumb_nidoking.jpg

Nidoking
Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Descrition: A Special Sweeper. Also a Terrakion Counter. Stolen off Smogon.
Moves: Perfect Coverage and lots of damage.

thumb_dusclops.jpg

Dusclops
Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Brick Break

Descrition: My Mixed Wall. Also my Screen Breaker. Nature and EVs add up to the same stat in Def. and Sp.Def.
Moves:WoW for gradual damage. Pain Split can give recovery. Night Shade gives some damage. Brick Break is just a Filler that deals with Screens.

thumb_salamence.jpg

Salamence
Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Descrition: My Phical Sweeper. Very helpful. Stolen off Smogon.
Moves: Outrage deals HUGE DAMAGE! D-Claw so that I won't get confused. Fire Fang is very helpful. Earthquake is mainly a filler.

thumb_skarmory.jpg

Skarmory
Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Descrition: My Physical Wall and Hazard setter. Stolen off Smogon.
Moves:Spikes are a Hazard. Whirwind for Phazing. Roost to heal. Brave Bird so that I'm not taunt bait.

thumb_latias.jpg

Latias
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Description: My Special Sweeper/Wall. Super useful! Stolen off Smogon though.
Moves: Calm Mind sets up Latias for the Sweep/Walling. Recover for Recovery. Dragon Pulse deals with other Dragons. HP Fire for Coverage.

Importable:
Code:
Rotom-C @ Wise Glasses
- Charge Beam
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Dusclops (F) @ Eviolite
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Night Shade
- Brick Break

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Earthquake

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

thumb_forretress.jpg

Forretress
Forretress (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 180 HP / 76 Atk / 252 SDef
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin

Description: My spinner and Hazard setter. Need I say more?
Moves: 3 hazards for optimun entry damage. Rapid Spin calears my side of the field.

thumb_weavile.jpg

Weavile
Weavile (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Aerial Ace
- Fake Out
- Ice Shard
- Beat Up

Description: My Glass Canon. Deals damage until dead. Willing to replace.
Moves: I'll start out with Fake Out so some damage is dealt. Beat up is a filler that I use at the start of a battle. Ice Shard for Priority, which is helpful even though Weavile has a lot of speed already. Ariel Ace to deal with Fightings.

thumb_dusknoir.jpg

Dusknoir
Dusknoir (F) @ Muscle Band
- Brick Break
- Will-O-Wisp
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Sneak

Description: My Mixed Wall. Muscle Band gives some damge to his attacks. Nature and EVs add up to the same stat in Def. and Sp.Def.
Moves: Brick Break takes out out screens and gives ok coverage. WoW for Damge-Over-Time. Destiny Bond is a Great move that'll be used if I feel threatned. Shadow Sneak gives useful Priority.

thumb_gyarados.jpg

Gyarados
Gyarados (F) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Ice Fang
- Outrage

Description: My Physical Sweeper. Item gives speed as do EVs and Nature.
Moves: Waterfall is a great STAB on Gyarados. Stone Edge is an ok move that is mainly a filler. Ice Fang is a Great move that deals with Dragons and Grounds. Outrage is a more powerful move that'll deal with Dragon. Mainly used when I'm in the lead.

thumb_ampharos.jpg

Ampharos
Ampharos (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Static
EVs: 36 HP / 252 SAtk / 220 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave
- Focus Blast

Description: I wanted to build a team with Ampharos. The EVs let her tank a bit and have some speed. Shell Bell gives a little HP back when i do damage.
Moves: Volt Switch lets Amphy get out of there and send someone who can you the enemy down. HP Ice lets Amphy have a bit of protection against grounds. T-Wave gives some speed because it'll slow the enemy down. Signal Beam is mainly a filler, but will give some nice damage out.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Okay, where do I start...it looks like you're using the PO format, and yet your team seems to be using the item clause. How come?

Unless you really want to use static or cotton guard, there is no reason to use Amphy over Raikou. Every single stat Raikou has is either greater then or equal to Amphy's, even bulk, despite popular belief.

Weavile is kind of overrated. It's got great stats, but it's ice typing let's it down. On top of which, it's STAB moves and coverage are pretty weak. I'd drop it for something else. It may help to know what your team has trouble with first, though. Anything you can't handle in specific?

For Gyarados, it makes a great choice scarfer and all, but outside of the rain, I'd suggest Salamence. Higher attack, higher speed, and STAB only resisted by Steel. It can also revenge kill +1 Haxorus, which Gyarados can't. Also, STAB Outrage will do more damage then Ice Fang on Gyarados to a Dragonite or enemy Mence. Outrage, plus STAB and super effective damage will reach 360 power, while x4 ice fang will be just 260.

Dusknoir....it's not going to be doing much damage in between non-STABed brick break and Shadow Sneak, and it's not using leftovers anyway, so I suggest eviolite Dusklops. Destiny bond is better on fast pokemon right before you enemy lands a blow, otherwise they can swap to a set up sweeper against Dusklops once they see it use that instead. I'd go for Dusclops @ Eviolite/Pain Split/Will-o-wisp/Night Shade/Filler. Also, walling is kind of pointless with no recovery.

So, the biggest problem I can find is that a lot of your pokemon are outclassed at what they're doing.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Okay, where do I start...it looks like you're using the PO format, and yet your team seems to be using the item clause. How come?

Huh?
Unless you really want to use static or cotton guard, there is no reason to use Amphy over Raikou. Every single stat Raikou has is either greater then or equal to Amphy's, even bulk, despite popular belief.

I built this team around Ampharos. He won't be leaving.
Weavile is kind of overrated. It's got great stats, but it's ice typing let's it down. On top of which, it's STAB moves and coverage are pretty weak. I'd drop it for something else. It may help to know what your team has trouble with first, though. Anything you can't handle in specific?

Looking to replace Weavile. Umm, Terrakion is a bit of a pain.
For Gyarados, it makes a great choice scarfer and all, but outside of the rain, I'd suggest Salamence. Higher attack, higher speed, and STAB only resisted by Steel. It can also revenge kill +1 Haxorus, which Gyarados can't. Also, STAB Outrage will do more damage then Ice Fang on Gyarados to a Dragonite or enemy Mence. Outrage, plus STAB and super effective damage will reach 360 power, while x4 ice fang will be just 260.

Thanks for the advice. I'll switch it tomorrow. Any ideas for a set?
Dusknoir....it's not going to be doing much damage in between non-STABed brick break and Shadow Sneak, and it's not using leftovers anyway, so I suggest eviolite Dusklops. Destiny bond is better on fast pokemon right before you enemy lands a blow, otherwise they can swap to a set up sweeper against Dusklops once they see it use that instead. I'd go for Dusclops @ Eviolite/Pain Split/Will-o-wisp/Night Shade/Filler. Also, walling is kind of pointless with no recovery.

I wasn't sure how big the difference was. Will switch him tomorrow.
So, the biggest problem I can find is that a lot of your pokemon are outclassed at what they're doing.

My Idea for this team had been to use Pokemon that aren't seen often and find a way to use them.

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
I assume your curious as to what Zacmac said about item clause. Just to clear up, the item clause is only rarely used especially in VGC. It basically means that an item cannot be used more then once. For instance, if item clause isn't on then you could go for leftovers to get better damage then shell bell, as it isn't really that good for recovery. Just a suggestion. Hope that helps clear up some problems.

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
76 Attack EV's on Forry? Why? Just Max out his HP and you'll be fine. You can also drop one of the hazards for Volt Switch, so you won't become set-up fodder for Magnezone.

You could also benefit from a phazer, maybe Skarmory?

Zachmac

Looking to replace Weavile. Umm, Terrakion is a bit of a pain.
I always prefer Gliscor to handle Terrakion. It resist Close Combat and can take a stone edge fairly well while hitting it with EQ. Slowbro works as well, though it must watch out for X-scissor. Seeing as you like underdogs, you could also try Golurk or Nidoking, as they are some of the only few pokemon to resist it's STABs. They've got to watch out for EQ, but that's usually only on Choice sets, so they'll probably be locked into a different move. Hippowdon if you don't mind the sandstorm.
T-tar' Stone Edge was correct. Shell Bell is unreliable recover, and it outclassed by leftovers in just about every situation. Furthermore, Dusknoir would benefit from leftover more then muscle band.
I wasn't sure how big the difference was. Will switch him tomorrow.
A pretty bid difference. Eviolite boost defenses by 50%. Dusclops and Dusknoir's defensive stats are almost identical, making it so that Dusclop's defensive stats are almost 50% higher.
My Idea for this team had been to use Pokemon that aren't seen often and find a way to use them.
I built this team around Ampharos. He won't be leaving.
Well, if you insist, I won't try and force it on you.

Last edited:

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
76 Attack EV's on Forry? Why? Just Max out his HP and you'll be fine. You can also drop one of the hazards for Volt Switch, so you won't become set-up fodder for Magnezone.
Really good idea. The attack EVs are so Rapid Spin isn't useless.
You could also benefit from a phazer, maybe Skarmory?
That could help.
I always prefer Gliscor to handle Terrakion. It resist Close Combat and can take a stone edge fairly well while hitting it with EQ. Slowbro works as well, though it must watch out for X-scissor. Seeing as you like underdogs, you could also try Golurk or Nidoking, as they are some of the only few pokemon to resist it's STABs. They've got to watch out for EQ, but that's usually only on Choice sets, so they'll probably be locked into a different move. Hippowdon if you don't mind the sandstorm.
I've used Nidoking. Very helpful. Golurk can be good as well. I'll use a Nidoking
T-tar' Stone Edge was correct. Shell Bell is unreliable recover, and it outclassed by leftovers in just about every situation. Furthermore, Dusknoir would benefit from leftover more then muscle band.
Okay. Amphy gets some lefties.
A pretty bid difference. Eviolite boost defenses by 50%. Dusclops and Dusknoir's defensive stats are almost identical, making it so that Dusclop's defensive stats are almost 50% higher.Well, if you insist, I won't try and force it on you.
Dusclops, Welcome to the team!

Tdotdems

Shiny Collector
Rapid Spin still will not do any noticeable damage even with the evs you will be total det up fodder/ taunt bait. Also you will never have time to set all those hazards, it would take 6 turns. I would advice the standard skarm set: Spikes WhirlWind Roost Brave Bird. I don't think a rapid spinner is essential on this team.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Rapid Spin still will not do any noticeable damage even with the evs you will be total det up fodder/ taunt bait. Also you will never have time to set all those hazards, it would take 6 turns. I would advice the standard skarm set: Spikes WhirlWind Roost Brave Bird. I don't think a rapid spinner is essential on this team.

Ok. Thanks TDot. I'll switch him when I get on the computer.

dildadonz

Just a few suggestions, why not try focus blast on Ampharos as it helps eliminate threats like Heatran, Ttar, and Magnezone as they are relativly safe from your attacks. If you invest attack in Forretress use a relaxed nature with Gyro Ball. This is a quick rate, other things have been mentioned before.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Just a few suggestions, why not try focus blast on Ampharos as it helps eliminate threats like Heatran, Ttar, and Magnezone as they are relativly safe from your attacks. If you invest attack in Forretress use a relaxed nature with Gyro Ball. This is a quick rate, other things have been mentioned before.

I just finish updating my team and didn't see this. Forre isn't here anymore. Focus Blast is a really good idea. I'll try that.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
In some of my Latest battles, Amphy is doing horribly. Suggestions for a new electric type? (Hopefully one that isn't used a lot!)

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
You can go with Raikou like zachmac suggested earlier. Poor Apmhy just doesn't work well in OU :(. There's also Zapdos.

Tdotdems

Shiny Collector
Err, I like electivire, as you need another physical I think, he can also work with brick break so you can remove it from dusclops and give it something else.. Also Fire Fang just doesn't do enough on salamence imo, It is only feasible if you made it a dd set, which could work if you got rid of one of the dragon moves and change held item... I also see a heatran weakness, assuming it has dragon pulse it can super effective all but dusclops...

Zachmac

Out of the lesser used electric types, I personally prefer Rotom-Mow, though since you've got rapid spin, Rotom-Heat is a possibility.

Not_A_Cyberbully

Claimed Gabite
Rotom-C? I'll have a look.

How about...

Rotom-C @ Wise Glasses
- Charge Beam
- Leaf Storm
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

My take on a Smogon set. It works well.

Last edited:

zerocielX

Togekiss Trainer
The thing with Rotom-C is that it gives you another Ice weakness, which is not good. The set looks good though, but you should consider replacing it with Rotom-H.