• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Life in Owl City...

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Noctowlreduced.png

Credit to Dwlr for the banner!

Hey guys! I have a new fan-fiction I have been working on, and I hope you enjoy it. In case you didn't know Owl City is an amazing (imo) band, and if you don't know who Adam Young and his band is you probably won't have a clue what this fan-fic is about. But if you do and take the time to read this fan-fic, please reply! I would very appreciate it, thanks! :)

Shymain

Chapter One: My Life in Owl City...​

It was a beautiful day in Owl City. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, and I was on my way to the beach to look at the glistening shore. I ran over to it, and looked over it, into the beautiful distance. The sea was made out of paper mache, and felt crinkly but nice to the touch. I took a deep breath, and slowly let it all out.

My name is Cassidy. I live with my family, which consists of my parents and younger sister. I also have many pets, including my pet owl named Hoot, who comes with me everywhere. I was glad it was the Summertime, so there would be no school for the next couple of months. This meant more time to listen to Owl City, make new friends, and have all sorts of adventures!

As I continued to look out over the beautiful paper mache water, I heard the bells chiming. It was time for Adam's concert! I quickly began to run back towards the city, towards the concert stage, where Adam would be performing.

As I ran, I noticed the owls above me who were flying towards the concert along with the bustling crowds of people who were as well.

"Hoot, to ensure that we get a good spot in front of the concert stage, maybe you should fly on ahead to grab us one." I said to my owl.

"Sure, that is a good idea." Was all he said back, as he quickly obeyed my wishes.

As I arrived at the stage, I quickly ran over to where Hoot sat with the seats he had snagged for him. I quickly told him thank you, and looked back towards the stage, highly anticipating Adam and the band to come out onto it.

First, Breanne Düren on the Keyboard and who does some of the vocals came out. Then, Steve Goold on the drums came out. Jasper Nephew on the guitar was next, with Daniel Jorgenson on the vibraphone, guitar, bass, drums, etc. came after him. Finally, Adam Young himself, the singer and creator of Owl City came out. I was so excited!

"This first song is called The Real World." He said into the microphone. This was my favorite song of his (if I had to pick - I love them all!)

"I love this song!" I screamed, and then about fainted when Adam looked at me as if to acknowledge that he had heard me with a smile on his face.

"Hoot, he looked at me!" I said, hyperventilating a bit.

"I saw. I am happy for you." Was all he said back, in his serious way.

"Reality is a lovely place, but I wouldn't wanna live there..." his dreamy voice rang across the area. I couldn't help but sing along. Those were my very favorite lyrics ever - I lived by them.

"This next song is called Rainbow Veins!" he said after The Real World was done.

Wow, I hadn't heard this one in a while... it was a classic of his.

"Yay, I love this song as well!" I said very excited.

"Good for you." Is all Hoot said back.

"'Cause your heart has a lack of color, and we shoulda known..." his voice once again reverberated throughout the area, sounding almost as if an angel was singing.

"Dental Care is this next one!" He said, playing his guitar as he sang along to the song.

"This one is so good!" I said happily.

"I agree." Hoot said.

"I brush my teeth, and look in the mirror... and laugh out loud, as I am beaming from ear to ear!" He sang into the microphone, as we all sang along clapping our hands with the beat.

"This next song is all about having a Good Time!" He said, giggling as he started to sing.

"Good Time! Owlsome!" I said, happily. I loved this song. It was one of his biggest hits!

"Woah-oh-oh-oh, we don't even have to try, it's always a good time!" He sang, having a good time while doing it (pun intended).

"This one is dedicated to my dear Ann Marie." He said, after the song had been finished. He got up and walked over to his piano and began to play, starting to sing as he did so. I could see tears starting to stream down his face gently as he sang the song out.

No one really knew what had happened to him with Ann Marie. All we know is that they used to love each other, until she left him it is believed (she may have possibly moved away). I always felt about asking him about it, but never dared do so... some things are better left kept personal, I say.

"Ann Marie, I will never forget you..." His words reverberated throughout the area. Everyone in the audience (including me) was beginning to cry by now... the song was just so sad.

After the song had finished, Adam quickly got up and acted as if he hadn't been crying at all, and acted totally normal.

"This final song is about fire bugs... or Fireflies if you would like to call them that!" He said, once again giggling.

"You hear that, Hoot? He is going to play Fireflies!" This was another one of his biggest hits. His first big hit in fact, with Good Time following it a few years later.

"I heard. This is a great song!" He said back. I could see excitement glittering in his eyes.

"I'd like to make myself believe that planet Earth turns slowly..." Adam sang this, while everyone in the audience sang along. I noticed that the flock of owls that had been flying towards the stage earlier had now landed in the ruby red wood trees and were now up in them singing along with the song in a hearty chorus. One even flew from the tree and perched on Adam's shoulder!

Now, surprisingly Adam doesn't like owls very much (despises them actually), but he handled the situation very well and let the owl stay on his shoulder for the rest of the concert.

When the concert was finished, Adam then signed off.

"Thank you so much everyone! Come back here tonight for another concert, and God bless you all!" He said sweetly, and then exited off of the stage. It made me happy that he was a Christian and was willing to show that, unlike many other celebrities. He then walked off the stage, with the other members of the band following him.

I wanted to tell Adam and the rest of the band about what a great job they had done with the concert, but I was a little nervous... I finally got the courage to walk over to Adam to tell him.

"What a great concert, Adam! I loved it! The whole thing was good, but your song Fireflies really stands out... it feels as if I don't have a care in the world whenever I am there watching you sing it." I said, thankful that my words had come out right.

"Thank you for the kind words, Cassidy!" He said back to me. We had been great friends for as long as I could remember, but I always still got a bit jittery when I talked to him. He then did something totally unexpected.

"Adam, it is no problem..." I said, and then he came over and hugged me! Yes, hugged me. As in a hug. Yeah. This took me aback, and I just awkwardly hugged him back.

"Well, I am gonna go relax before I get ready for the show tonight... see you later, Cass!" He said, leaving me, still stunned that he had hugged me.

I couldn't wait for tonight. Another concert by Adam would be so much fun to watch! I couldn't wait! I then ran back to tell Hoot about what had happened...

Last edited:

Shymain

Shaymin Lover
Ah. Not the most original idea, and not particularly a good one either. Having yourself be friends with a celebrity in a work of fiction is more for your pleasure than anyone else's, most of the time.

I really love Owl City as well! He's one of my favorite music artists, and I also think it's cool that he's openly Christian -- for that matter, I find it cool that he's a Christian at all! He's like a beacon of light for what all modern pop artists need to be like!

Parts of this don't make sense -- why would Cassidy be so excited that Adam looked at her if she's been his close friend for years? I get the feeling that you just added that in so it would be in there, but you also wanted to know him in advance. You need to try and stay consistent.

You're obviously a bigger Owl City fan than I am -- I only know a few of his songs (Vanilla Twilight, Fireflies, Galaxies, etc.), albeit more than most people.

Well, I wish you luck, and if you're starting a PM list, I'd like to be on it!

Keep Writing!

-Shymain

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Thank you for the feedback Shymain! Yeah, I am a HUGE fan of his works... and yeah, I mostly wrote this for my own pleasure, but I thought "hey, why not share it with Serebii as well?" XD Yup, I am starting a PM list, so I will put you on there right away... and I appreciate any and all reviews on this! :)

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Well, here is chapter two! Enjoy! I really like how this story is going so far, I must admit... X3

Chapter Two: An Astonishing Happening...​

For the rest of the day I just did chores, walked on the beach, took care of Hoot, and all sorts of other things... the day was going perfectly normal, until I got a call around 7:00 that night...

"Who could that be?" I said to myself, as I tried to hurry so I could pick up the phone.

"Hello? Cassidy speaking..." I said, but was shocked by who I heard on the other line.

"Hey, Cassidy! How are you?" It was Adam, and he was calling me! Now, as I have said earlier we have known each other for a long time, but that doesn't mean we talk a lot or anything... he is a busy guy, but the times we do talk are very special to me.

"Um, hey, Adam! I am good... but why are you calling?" Gosh Cassidy, way to sound boring...

"Oh, I know this is a little unexpected... but would you like to go out to dinner tonight? We haven't really 'talked' in a while, and I have some coupons so... wanna head over to Applebee's?" He said this with a cheery voice.

He wanted to take me out to dinner?! For real?! "Yes Adam, of course I would love to come! Thanks so much for inviting me! When do you want to leave?"

Good thing I hadn't had dinner yet... as it was already 7:00 as I had already mentioned!

"How about we meet at Applebee's around... say, 7:30?" He said casually.

"Perfect! See you then!" We then said "bye" to each other, and I ran upstairs to go get ready. I couldn't believe this was happening... I could have expected him to want to talk, but to go out to eat?! Amazing!

I threw on a long blue dress, quickly straightened my hair with my flat iron, put on some makeup and jewelry, and slipped on my fancy black shoes. As I was about to walk out the door, I debated whether I should wear my glasses or not. I then decided that I should, and quickly grabbed them as I told my parents where I was going for the night, and headed out the door.

I walked down through the forest, which I knew would be a good short-cut for getting to the restaurant, and looked up to see a deer looking straight at me. I stared back at it for a moment, before it quickly bounded back into the forest.

"Wow, that was cool." I thought as I quickly got my mind back to being focused on what I was doing - getting to Applebee's. I walked for another five minutes, and finally exited the forest, and walked into Applebee's as soon as I arrived at the building.

I went up to the waitress and quickly asked her if Adam had arrived yet (everyone in the city knew who he was, of course), and she quickly responded by saying: "Yes, he has... right this way please."

I followed her down the rows of booths and tables with chairs, until she brought us into the reservation room. Adam sat in one of the booths, and looked at me with a kind smile on his face.

"I am so glad you could make it, Cassidy!" He said, giving me a quick hug before I sat down.

"Well, thank you for inviting me!" I said back, albeit a little awkwardly. But I felt happy being there with Adam... there was something about him that just made me feel relaxed around him, but in a good way.

"So, how has your Summer been going?" Adam asked me, while he picked up the menu and started looking at it.

"It has been going great! Oh, and I hope you don't mind that I brought Hoot with me... he is sleeping right now, but I just couldn't leave him... he comes everywhere with me, as I am sure you have noticed." I chuckled a little awkwardly, as I placed Hoot right beside me. I was glad that owls were allowed to come pretty much anywhere in Owl City...

"Oh, it is fine... as I am sure you know, I am not a huge fan of owls, but if he is your friend that is fine." He said, a little awkwardly himself. It was really awkward, but also very relaxing at the same time... it was a little hard to describe.

"I think I am going to get just a pizza with a salad... and maybe a Diet Pepsi..." He said, looking the menu over thoroughly.

"Sounds good... I think I am gonna get some spaghetti. I am in the mood for pasta..." I giggled as I said this.

Right then our waiter came up, and asked us what we would like for drinks. We told him our orders, and he said he would come right back with them.

For a few more moments there was an awkward silence, which was quickly broken by Hoot, who had apparently woken up.

"Hey, can I get a drink?" He asked, when he noticed where we were. He then quickly saw Adam. "Oh, hey Adam!"

"Hey." Adam said back simply, but with a small smile on his face.

"I already ordered you a drink, silly! I know how much you love Sprite, so I ordered you one... sound good?" I said to the owl, tussling the feathers on his head.

"Thanks, Cass... and yup, it does sound good!" He said, smacking his lips (or should I say beak?)

"Hey, here's our drinks!" Adam said happily.

One thing you gotta know is that Adam loves food... it is one of his favorite things! I have known that from experience... trust me on this one.

The waiter then gave us our drinks. For me, a lemonade, Adam his Diet Pepsi, and Hoot a Sprite as I had promised him. We then told the waiter our orders. Hoot told him his all by himself, saying that he would love to have a cheeseburger with fries. The waiter quickly acknowledged this, and once again said that he would be right back with our orders.

"This is good!" Adam said, as he began gulping down his soda.

"Mine is too! What about yours, Hoot?" I said, drinking mine as well.

"It is good, but it seems like it needs more flavor..." As soon as Hoot had said this I playfully tried to tussle his head once again.

"Oh, stop it you numbskull..." I said, giggling at the owl.

Adam just watched us, a little astonished at how close we were. "A girl and her owl... doesn't get better then that, does it?" He said, chuckling a bit.

"Yeah, I guess you could say that..." I said back, laughing.

"Hey look, that was fast! Our orders are already ready!" Hoot cried out, excited to eat his food.

"Yay! This is perfect..." I said, while the waiter placed my plate in front of me.

"Thanks so much!" Adam said, and I could tell that the waiter was very pleased to hear this. I knew he was trying to look professional, but I could tell he was very happy to hear these words from 'the' Adam Young. He quickly said back that it was no problem, and hurried back to the restaurants kitchen.

We then bowed our heads as Adam said a quick prayer, and began to eat.

"Wow, this is the best pizza I have had in a while! And I have tried many times, believe me... especially when I am on tour." He said, eating his pizza with a huge smile on his face.

"Yeah, this pasta is pretty good as well!" I said back.

"This cheeseburger is a little dry, and the fries are not salty enough, but it is still good." Hoot said, in his serious way.

"Oh, Hoot..." I said, shaking my head at the owl playfully.

"What?" Was all he said back.

Adam just chuckled to himself, and started eating his salad instead of the pizza next.

We chatted on about all sorts of random topics, such as how Adam has been with his music, what his favorite color is, and all things in between. But when we finished our food, and asked if we wanted desert, we had to tell the waiter no since we were stuffed.

"Well, that was very fun... thanks so much Adam!" I said, as we walked outside the restaurant after Adam paid the check (he had insisted that I didn't have to help pay for the food).

"It is no problem Cassidy, we should do this again! It is getting dark however... you want me to walk home with you?" He said, pulling his jacket on, as the cold breeze fluttered throughout the area.

"Sure... if it wouldn't be any trouble..." I said, looking at him softly.

"Not at all!" He said back, and began walking towards the forest. He obviously knew my little secret short cut... but then again, we both knew this city in and out, so it wasn't that surprising.

As we walked through the forest, the owls hooted softly, and we passed by the beautiful lanturns that hung above us. They lit the way with their soft white glow, and as we walked we didn't say any words, as we were enchanted by the beauty around us. A while after we had been walking, Adam turned towards me.

"Ow... what the...?!" He said, holding onto his side which was having a sharp pain.

"Are you OK, Adam?" I said, a little concerned.

"Yeah, it is probably no - ow!" He said, while he then fell onto the ground.

"I... I better get help! This is bad..." But right when I was about to go and run to go get someone who could help, I witnessed something crazy before my eyes.

Adam had begun to glow almost, and rays of light radiated around him... I couldn't describe it. And then there was a great burst of energy that surged throughout the area, and a blinding light shone around Adam. But when I looked back at him, nothing was the same... I was shocked.

Hoot had been sleeping, but he woke with a bolt quickly after the light woke him up. "Hey, what's going?! Oh..." He quickly shut his beak when he saw what had happened to Adam.

"Adam... is that you?" I said a little hesitantly, and shocked.

"Yeah... wha...? What happened?!" He said, and bolted upright. My suspicions had been correct... this couldn't be happening...

"I don't know..." I was amazed.

Hoot just sat there on my shoulder, dumbstruck.

"Why are you... so tall...? Wait a minute..." He said, shaking his head and quickly getting up. "Wha...?! Are these... feathers?!"

"I don't know what happened! Honest, I didn't do anything... but one thing is certain - you are an -"

"Owl!" Hoot said as he cut me off.

"Yes, Hoot, thank you..." I said this, rolling my eyes.

"An... owl?! What the...?!" He said this, his eyes growing wide. I could tell he was panicking now... really bad.

"How can this be? It isn't possible! I can't be an owl... no, just no... this is a dream and I am gonna wake up..." He then pinched himself really hard, expecting to wake up, but he didn't. "No..."

"Adam, calm down..." I said, not sure what to do.

"Calm down?! How am I supposed to calm down... I am an owl! And I have a concert to play at 9:30 tonight! I can't go on stage like this!" His breathing was coming in large gulps, and his eyes were growing wide. I had never seen Adam like this before... not as an owl, but I mean just so... panicky.

"An owl? Like me?!" Hoot said, walking around Adam with a astonished look on his face.

"Yes, an owl... if this had to happen, why did it have to be an owl?! I don't even like owls that much! No offense to you, Hoot..." He said quickly, after witnessing the annoyed look on Hoot's face.

I didn't know how this could even happen. Would Adam be OK?! What triggered this?! We would have to get answers... and fast.

Last edited:

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Here is the next chapter! I hope everyone enjoys it, ehe... X3

Chapter Three: The Truth is Revealed...​

I just stood there in shock at the scene before me. Only a few moments ago, Adam had been fine, a perfectly normal human. And now he was an owl! And a barn owl by the looks of it... just like Hoot!

"Adam... are you... OK?" I cautiously asked, my eyes wide.

"Do I look OK to you?!" He snapped back, but then quickly looked apologetic at me. "I am sorry, that came out a little harsh... I know this isn't your fault, but really, why the heck am I an owl?!"

"I don't know! But lets hurry and get out of here, it is getting dark and we need to figure out what to do, and fast!" I said back to him.

"Well, where are we gonna go?" He said. "And what will we say when we get there?"

"I... honestly don't know. Maybe we could go to Sierra's house... she might know what to do." Sierra was my best friend, and lived right down the street from my house.

"OK, if you say so..." He said hesitantly. "Should I... walk there?"

"Well, you could fly... might be faster. And I could run..." I said back, albeit a little awkwardly.

"Yeah, I guess so... well, let me try." He said this, and began flapping his wings. He tried to push up so he could lift off the ground, but instead just made a mess of dirt and such around him. "This isn't going well..." He said a little embarrassingly, trying to put his wing behind his head from instinct.

"Don't worry, it's OK. We can take a minute... try again." I said back quickly, trying to be patient with him.

"Oh, OK..." He replied, once again trying to lift up into the air. This time he had more success, and actually began to hover above the ground for a few seconds before falling down on the ground once again. But after a few more tries, he was actually up in the air!

"Wow, you did it Adam! Good job." I said, smiling at him.

"Thanks." He said, smiling back. Well, the best he could with a beak...

We then took off through the woods (him flying, me running as I had said before) towards Sierra's house. Once we finally got there, I knocked on her door as Adam landed (he said he needed to work on them, hehe) and waited for Sierra or her parents to answer it. I hoped it would be Sierra who answered the door, since this would be kind of awkward to explain to her parents...

When the door opened, I was relieved to see it was Sierra. She looked a little puzzled, probably because I had came so late for one thing, and secondly because I had not warned her that I was going to beforehand.

"Cassidy! What brings you here so la -" She stopped when she saw not one owl, but two on the ground beside me. "Why are there two owls here, Cassidy?" She had a puzzled look on her face.

"Um... could we go to the tree fort? I will explain everything there." The tree fort was our secret 'clubhouse' as we liked to call it, and was in the woods up in one of the trees. We often went there and hung out, but I felt that now would be a good time to go there... because it would be more private then explaining everyone here.

"OK... sure. Let me go tell my parents first though..." She clearly had no idea what was going on, but I didn't blame her. I felt the same way...

As soon as she had told her parents, we ran to the tree fort as fast as we could, without talking along the way. When we got there, we quickly scrambled up into the fort, with Adam and Hoot following close behind.

"OK, so what's up Cassidy? There is something wrong, I can tell." She said with a worried look in her eyes.

I then told her about Adam and I having dinner earlier, and everything that had happened until the events that had just taken place about twenty minutes ago. When I got there, I stopped, and slowly told her this.

"Now, you may think this is crazy... so don't freak out, OK?" This whole time Adam had been silent. I knew he probably was doing so since he didn't want to freak out Sierra by all of a sudden talking and such... which was smart of him.

"OK..." she said back simply, but very curious to see what was going on.

"Adam... is right here." I said, showing her Adam-turned-barn-owl.

She didn't say anything at first since she was so shocked. "That... is Adam?!" She said alarmed.

"Yeah... I didn't do anything! We were just walking home after dinner, when bam. Adam is an owl." I said back, knowing I sounded crazy as I said it.

"Yeah... I am an owl." Adam said, looking a little depressed, but trying to keep a smile on his face. I could tell that he was trying to make the best he could out of it.

"And this all happened... how?! And tonight?!" Sierra said astonishingly.

"Yup, all tonight, but we honestly don't have a clue how it happened... it just did." I said back honestly.

Hoot finally spoke up for the first time in a while. "Guys, you need to stop all this gibber jabber. Come on, we need to figure out how to turn Adam back into one of you guys! Although he does look good as an owl... in the time being, I can teach him all about how to act and live as an owl."

"Terrific." Adam said sarcastically, which Hoot quickly acknowledged by a quick peck on the head.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Adam said back, trying to rub his head with his wing.

"It was because you said that to me, even though I was just trying to help you." He said back in a bit of a snobby way.

"Guys, please get along... and I am looking at you Hoot." I said, giving him the stare.

Hoot gulped before replying. "Aha, got you..."

"Well, what should we do?" Sierra said back after she had watched all of this.

"I don't know... that is why I came to you. Maybe we should... I just don't know. We can't go to the police, since it isn't that type of situation, but still..." I said back, with a worried look in my eyes.

"And it is almost 9:30! Again, I can't go play out like this! There is no way I could hold my guitar, and we can't let everyone know about this! It would be really awkward... especially without having any clothes." He said this a little embarrassingly.

Once the transformation had happened, Adam's clothes had automatically fallen off of him and landed on the ground. I had picked them up and put them in my purse I was carrying, to keep them safe.

"Yeah... I see your point. But I don't think we should let anyone know about this... what if they try to take Adam for some experiments or something?!" I said, thinking out loud.

"Huh?! Experiments?!" Adam said back, a little freaked out.

"Cassidy, like that would happen..." Sierra said back, looking at me with a sarcastic look on her face.

"Well, it could!" I said again. "I just want Adam to be safe... that is all!"

"Well, you guys better come up with something quick... with my sharp ears I can hear that the concert is about to begin, but Breanne and the rest are worried about where Adam is!" Hoot said, as he lifted his head to try and hear better.

"Oh my goodness, that is what we should do! We need to go tell them what has happened!" I said, quickly getting up off the ground. "Adam, Hoot, you guys can ride on my shoulder if you like."

Hoot took no time worrying about whether he should do this or not, but Adam just looked at me a bit funny. "What?" was all he said back. "Ride on your shoulder? Won't that be kind of awkward?"

"Well, we are going to be in the city, and we don't want anyone to get suspicious about you flying into the concert area, right?" I said back, already extending my arm so he could jump on it and go on my shoulder.

"Yeah, but wouldn't a girl with not one but two owls on her shoulders be a site as well?" He said, jumping on my arm as he said this a bit sarcastically.

"Oh, stop it you!" Was all I said back, giggling.

"Come on guys, lets hurry!" Sierra said, already taking off towards the concert area, where a crowd was beginning to gather.

"Let's head backstage! Just go through that hall, make a right, and then a left..." He said as he began giving us the directions to the green room, where the Owl City band would be. As we started getting near the door, we heard voices from within.

"Oh, where could Adam be?! The show is about to start!" I could tell it was Breanne, and she sounded like she was pacing the room with a worried voice.

"Don't worry Bre, he is probably just running late... by grabbing a bite to eat or something. You know how he loves food." This time it was Daniel, and he had a goofy tone in his voice.

"Yeah, but so late? Really, he should have been here by now. No exceptions. Or he should have at least told us he was running late..." This time it was Steve.

"Should we go in?" I said, hesitating a little before I knocked on the door.

"Yes, yes!" My two friends quickly urged me, so I knocked on the door and came in.

"Yeah, but - oh, Cassidy and Sierra! What are you doing here?!" Jasper said, obviously surprised to see me... and with two owls on my shoulders, and Sierra as well.

"Um... we know what happened to Adam, and why he is late!" I said, a little awkwardly. I then let Adam come onto the ground, off of my shoulder. "Adam is... right here!"

The rest of the band members stood there shocked for a moment, and just looked down at Adam.

"Hey, guys... yeah, we had a crazy night, let's just say that." He said. I could tell that he was trying to make the best out of this, as I had thought before.

"Is... this true?!" Bre said, turning towards Sierra.

"Yes, it is true..." Sierra began, and then told them the whole story I had told her not twenty minutes before.

"So... Adam... is an owl. But who would do this?! And what do we tell the fans outside?!" As soon as Daniel has said this, we began to hear pounding on the door.

"Time for you guys to head out on stage! Good luck!" The band attendant said, and then quickly walked away.

We were stricken with fear for a moment. What would happen? What would we tell the fans? What was going to happen to Adam?!

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
~~~~ ANNOUNCEMENT ~~~~~

I am going to be continuing this story only on fanfiction.net with the username "Whootowl" from now on. Thanks for understanding everyone! <3

Chapter Four: The Pieces of the Puzzle are Starting to Come Together...​

"What do we do, what do we do, what do we do?!" I said, pacing around the room. There was absolutely no way Adam could go out on stage in his condition... what would we tell the fans?! We couldn't let them know what had happened!

"Well... we better do something quick..." Was all Daniel could muster up to say.

Adam just held his head down, looking a little ashamed of himself.

"Adam, are you OK?" I said, leaning down on my knees to look at Adam so I could talk to him.

"It's just... I am sorry about all of this. Really... I am causing everyone a commotion, and I feel horrible about it..." He said this with a sad tone in his voice, as he just kept hanging his head down low. It seemed as if he couldn't bear to look at me.

"Adam, none of this is your fault. This wasn't even supposed to happen, but now that is has, well... it will be OK in the end. I promise." I then gave him an awkward hug, to try and make him feel better. Although this was a bit hard since he was an owl...

"Thanks, Cass." He said back, finally looking right at me. But our thoughts were soon interrupted by hearing a bunch of fans outside the door.

"We want Adam! We want Adam! We want Adam!" They were chanting over and over from the stands. Adam and I looked at each other and gulped.

"Maybe we should tell them that Adam is sick, and can't play today? It wouldn't be a total lie... Adam is sick in a way, technically speaking." Sierra spoke up.

"Yeah, that could work... I guess it isn't lying." Bre said back.

"OK, well I will go tell all the fans now..." Steve said, getting up off the couch. He walked out the door and over out onto the stage, and began to explain everything. We could hear groans of disappointment from inside the green room, but I think we all breathed a sigh of relief once the fans started dispersing back towards their homes and what-not.

"At least that went well." Was all Adam said, after Steve walked in.

"Yeah, thankfully the fans took it pretty well." Was all Steve said back.

"Yeah... but now what? What about Adam?" I said a little nervously.

"Well, maybe first we should see how he turned into an owl in the first place!" Sierra said quickly.

"Good idea!" Daniel said back.

"Well, I am just thinking out loud here... but did you guys eat anything before the incident? Maybe there was something in the food that caused this to happen to Adam..." Bre said, ponderingly.

"Yeah, now that you mention it, we went out to eat together at Applebee's right before." Adam said back to Bre, cocking his head cutely in his owl form.

Bre then snapped her fingers. "Well, maybe we should go check out Applebee's, to see if there are any suspicious looking characters there." She said to us.

"Well, maybe just Cassidy, Sierra, and Adam should go... would make it a lot less conspicuous then if we were all going there together... you know?" Steve said thoughtfully.

"Hey, I am here too you know!" Hoot said a bit snottily at us, apparently having just woken up from his nap.

"Hoot, be nice!" I said sharply back to him.

"Hehe, well I personally think that would be a good idea." Adam said, chuckling to himself a bit.

"Well, alright! Sounds good." I said, extending my arm so that Adam could hop onto it and sit on my shoulder as before. Hoot sat on my other shoulder at the same time. "See you guys soon!"

"Bye!" The band member all shouted after us.

"Good luck!" Bre said, with a soft smile on her face.

As Sierra, Adam, Hoot, and I walked along the road, it started to softly rain. It felt good on the warm Summer evening, and all was silent. We walked until we got to the same Applebee's we had been at earlier.

"Well, this is it." I announced.

"Should we go inside, or...?" Sierra started.

"No, I don't think so. Maybe we should peep through the windows of the restaurant, into the kitchen. Maybe then we will see some creepy old lady with potions or something..." Adam said, half teasing us.

"Oh, Adam, stop..." I said, nudging his head as he was still on my shoulder. "But that is a good idea... let's go!"

We then tip-toed quietly over to the window, and peeped inside.

"You see anything, Adam?" I said as I let Adam peep through first.

"No... hold on, wait, I think I do! That lady over there..." He said. "Wow, these eyes sure are something... I can see so clearly, even without my glasses!"

"Well, what do you mean about a lady? What is she doing?" Sierra said back, wonderingly.

"She has a rainbow colored bottle next to her... which is kinda strange. It looks like a small vile." Adam said, with a puzzled look on his face and in his voice.

"That couldn't be..." I began.

"Oh yes, it could be a potion that turned humans into owls." Sierra piped up.

"Hey, it looks like she is getting ready to leave! Maybe we should confront her once she comes outside..." Adam said, watching her grab her purse so she could leave.

I peered into the window next, and saw the lady. She seemed to be in her thirties or so, and had long brown hair. She wore an interesting shirt with a crazy pattern all over it, and right before she turned to leave she suspiciously grabbed the vile and threw it into her purse.

"Come on, let's go meet her..." I said, already starting to head back around the building, towards the entrance.

"Wait for me!" Sierra said, trying to quickly catch up to me.

The lady then came outside, to see two teenager girls, with two owls perched on one of their shoulders. I chuckled to myself at what a site we must be!

"Well, hello there young girls..." She said a bit smugly, before she continued on her way.

"Hello... but wait, please hold on!" I said pleadingly.

"Yes, there is something we need to talk about..." Sierra said, trying to help me with this.

Adam didn't say anything, which was smart of him (once again) so he wouldn't let the cat out of the bag just yet... well, owl in this case.

"OK..." Was all she said back, looking at us a bit strangely.

"Can we please find somewhere more... private to talk?" I asked her, trying not to sound like a stalker or anything.

"Sure..." Was all she replied back.

"What about our tree house?" Sierra asked me. "That would be a good place to go."

"Good idea!" I replied. "Please follow me... and then we can ask questions."

This was so awkward... she probably thought we were stalkers or something, but I didn't dare try to freak her out by saying anything crazy. We just continued walking along the path in the forest until we arrived at the tree house. We then proceeded to climb up into it, and I helped the lady get up there as well.

"So, what is this all about?" She asked, eyeing us a little creepily.

"Um... well, we were wondering what that potion you had was, you know, the one in your purse?" I blurted out. Good going, Cassidy...

"Vile? What vile?" She said, pretending as if she didn't know what we were talking about. This was very fishy...

"You know what we are talking about, we saw you put it in your purse with our own eyes!" Adam said, accidentally blurting out everything. "Oops..."

"Adam..." Sierra said, shaking her head.

"Hey, I am sorry!" He said back, hanging his head a bit.

"Ah, well I see you have found me... I was indeed the one who turned your dear Adam into an owl." She said back, with a false pleasant voice.

"Oh yeah?! But why?!" I said, starting to hyperventilate a bit.

"Yeah, why?!" Adam said. "Why did you have to do this too me?!"

She paused a moment before she spoke. The suspense in the tree house lingered... what would happen now? We would soon find out...

Last edited:

Monek_OP

bernie2016
From a reader's standpoint, I'm wondering what the wi-- I mean woman,

WITCH! WITCH! WITCH! WITCH! WI- oh, sorry... Back to the review

From a reader's standpoint, I'm wondering what the woman was doing all that time since when Adam had been turned into an owl... Was she turning everyone into an owl? 0_o

On another note, try to describe the setting a little more, I'm having a hard time deciding what the treehouse looks like; I've never been in one... And with what you were telling me about the possibility of it floating, or being a Seattle in a timeline where it wasn't taken over by settlers, but rather kept by the natives, the possibilities are endless... And I would've loved for the reason for Adam's, um, mishap(?), to be stretched out, and maybe even unknown, but you added a witch, so that's OK too.

OK. Try not to make the character's to gullible, for example, if the wit-- I mean the woman knew that Adam was turned into an owl, would she really follow two girls with twoowls? and try to make them wrong sometimes, too. The presence of the storyteller and not just the story is thick, try to increase the reality of the story - and by that I mean the things that are supposed to be realistic. The only other thing I could say is try to keep the dialogue more smooth and human-like; I'm seeing a lot of I ams where I'ms are supposed to be.

I like the pace of the story, there hasn't really been a moment where I'm waiting for the story to be told, or at least where you're not setting up. However, did the band follow Cassidy, Sierra, & Adam to the restaurant + treehouse?

Those are the only thing's I could find wrong with, and while this post may seem negative, thta's only because you don't know all the things you do well.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Thank you for the excellent review Monek_OP! I really appreciate it... but here is the next chapter! :D

Chapter Five: Interesting Experiences​

We were eagerly awaiting an answer from the lady, when all of a sudden a poof of smoke filled the moderately large treehouse.

"What's happening?!" I said in between coughs, as the smoke started to fill my lungs.

"Yeah!" Sierra said, also coughing.

"I don't know... wait a second!" Adam said, when he quickly realized something. "She... is gone!"

"What?!" I screamed, trying to run over to the windows of the treehouse so I could open them to air it out. "That can't be!"

"But how...?!" Sierra said, astonished.

"Wait! I see something... on the ground." Adam said, walking over to it and trying to pick it up with his wings, but after failing miserably he just picked it up with his beak. "See this?" He said in a muffled voice since his beak was stuffed with the piece of paper.

"She must have left this..." I said, bending down to take the paper from Adam. "Should I read it?"

"Yeah, I think so..." was all Adam said back.

Sierra just nodded at me to start reading.

"I am a witch, in case you stupid humans didn't already know." I said, reading the note, and then putting it down for a moment. "A witch? Witches are frowned upon in Owl City, right?"

"Yeah..." was all Adam said back. "Please go on."

"I am actually not a human myself, but of course I wouldn't tell you what I am..." I kept reading, kinda shocked. "OK, I will, fine - a fox. But I am rambling now... so let me tell you this. I turned Adam into an owl just to have some fun with him... and for other reasons..." and that is where the note cut abruptly off.

"Oh my gosh!" Sierra said with wide eyes.

"She did it just to have fun with me...?" Adam said, when something snapped in his head. "And for other reasons?! Who does this witch-fox-whatever think she is?!"

"Adam, calm down..." was all I could say. I just kept staring there in shock, looking down at Adam.

"How can I calm down, Cassidy? I mean, I am an owl, this lady sounds like a creeper, stalker, or something, and just... ah!" He was looking really flustered now.

"Adam, it will be alright... I promise. OK? I will look out for you..." I said with a tender look in my eyes, as I let Adam crawl onto my shoulder once again, which seemed to be his new favorite perch.

"Thanks, Cass..." He said, beginning to calm down a bit.

"Well, it is getting late... we should probably head to bed. It has been a crazy day for the all of us." Sierra said, looking a bit tired herself.

"But where should we stay for the night?" Adam said back, starting to yawn.

"Um... well, you could spend the night with me if you like. I would have to figure out a way to sneak past my parents though... they can't know about this..." I said, my mind pondering all kinds of things...

"Well, that sounds great, but how exactly do we do that?" Was all Adam said back.

"I have my ways." I said back with a slight smile on my face, as I winked at Adam.

"Well, I should probably be getting home too... we can talk tomorrow, alright?" Sierra said with a small smile on her face.

"Sounds good." was all I said back.

"See ya later Sierra!" Adam called after her, as she began to exit the treehouse.

We didn't talk much on the way home, but that could be because my house was right down the street from the treehouse. When we arrived, I darted around the back making sure for no one (especially my parents) not to see me, and we stopped right behind the house.

"Well, now what?" Adam said, looking up to the second story of the house. "I mean, I could fly up there, but you obviously can't." He said giggling a bit, noticing that my rooms window was open.

"Well, how about you fly up there first, and then you can watch this." I said, extending my arm so he could jump off of it and into the air. Luckily my parents seemed to be in their bedroom, and all the windows and blinds in the house were closed aside from mine.

"OK, if you say so..." He said, cautiously stepping onto my arm, and then lifted off into the air. He was a little wobbly at first, but gradually started to gain altitude until he crashed through my window and into my room.

"Adam, be careful!" I said, wincing as I saw what had just happened.

"I am OK!" He called back, making sure not to be too loud. "But how are you...?"

"Watch this." I said with a smile on my face, as I ran over to grab a ladder that was kept hidden inside our shed. I quickly extended it, and made sure it was secure, and began to climb up it up towards my room.

"Woah." Adam said, watching with wide eyes as I climbed up, higher and higher. "Be careful! And how do you do that?!"

"Well, I have my ways..." was all I said back, as I climbed through the window and flopped onto the floor. "Phew... but, um, where should you sleep Adam...?" I said, looking around my room trying to see what would be best. "You could sleep in my bed if you like... or in my chair." I said, as I pointed to my fluffy round chair that I loved to sit in when I was reading or on my computer.

"I think I will pick the chair... thanks." he said back to me, crawling into it. He probably was thinking the same thing I was - that it would be awkward if we slept in my bed together.

"No prob." I said as I took out my pajamas from my drawer and headed to the bathroom so I could put them on. I then brushed my teeth and washed my face before coming back to my room to see Adam knocked out cold, fast asleep. I quietly tiptoed over to my bed and crawled into it, and then whispered "good night Adam" before falling asleep...

~~~​

The next morning I got up, to realize I had slept in way too late - it was eleven o' clock! I quickly sat up and looked over to my chair, which Adam was not in. I started freaking out for a second, but that is when I heard someone say: "Good morning Cassidy."

I quickly spun around to see that Adam was looking at my book collection, probably patiently waiting for me to get up. I blushed before I spoke.

"I... I am so sorry Adam! I slept in too late and -"

"Don't worry about it. It is fine... I just got up about five minutes ago!" he said chuckling. "I noticed that you have the book Eragon... I have read that before. It was really good! I am a fan of Paolini's work."

"Wow, really? I am reading it right now, and I really am enjoying it!" I said back, a little excited to see that we had the same reading tastes.

"Yeah..." He said, when a low rumble sounded throughout the room. I looked suspiciously at Adam, as I heard the growl again.

"Hehe, sorry..." he fumbled. "I am starving..." he said trying to rub the back of his head with his wing from instinct, but it wasn't working out so great.

"Oh, it's OK... I am hungry too." I laughed. "Say, how about we go find somewhere to eat?"

"Yeah, but won't your parents be suspicious about you being gone?" He said, a little puzzlingly.

"Maybe, but I will just tell them I am going out for a bit..." I said already heading downstairs to go tell them. "Wait right there!"

I told my parents that I was going to be leaving, and they said it was fine. I then headed back up to my room to go get Adam.

"They said it is alright... shall we?" I said, pointing down the ladder towards the ground below.

"Yes." He said back, laughing a bit. I let him sit on my shoulder as I carefully climbed down the ladder, and back onto firm ground below.

"So, where should we go eat?" He said, looking at me quizzically.

"Well... we could go to Anna's. It is a cute little diner, and they have the best breakfast foods!" I said back, with a eager look on my face.

"That sounds good... let's go!" He said, staying firmly planted on my shoulder.

"Just make sure you don't talk... you don't want to give yourself away!" I giggled.

"Hey, don't forget about me!" I heard someone shout. I darted my head to look back up to look at my window, to see Hoot flying down towards me.

"Where have you been? You seemed to have disappeared, ever since we went inside the tree house last night!" I said, scolding him a bit.

"Sorry, I was doing... things." He chuckled, making me look at him curiously, but I just shook it off, and let him come onto my other shoulder.

"I am glad that people don't think it is weird for owls to be traveling on some girl's shoulders lol..." I said, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, good thing..." was all Adam said back, also giggling.

"So, where is this Anna's place?" Hoot asked curiously.

"You have been there! It is on Sunburn Street..." I said, walking along the road towards the restaurant.

"Oh... well I don't remember." Was all he said back.

"Stop it you!" I said, tussling his feathers.

Adam just giggled at the two of us playing around.

"See? We are here!" I said, walking up the paved path and up towards the building. I got ready to pull open the door when I saw a sign on the doors glass. It read:

WE ARE CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

"Are you serious?!" I said as I looked at the sign in disbelief. "I guess we are gonna have to eat somewhere else...

"But where? I am starving..." Adam said as his stomach gave another unpleasant moan for food.

"How about... Applebee's?" I said with a grin.

"No, anywhere but there!" Adam said back, slightly horrified after remember what had happened there last night.

"I am just teasing you..." I said back, giggling. "But no really, how about we go to Embers? They have good food... not as good as Anna's, but it is still good."

"Yes please, I don't care where we go now..." Adam said, as his stomach growled right in my ears. I winced a little after hearing it...

"OK, let's go!" I said, walking briskly towards the restaurant. I was getting really hungry too...

"This place better not be under maintenance either..." Hoot said negatively.

"Oh, stop it you..." Was all I said. When we finally arrived at the building, I peered inside to see that it was open, and bustling with people.

"OK, you guys need to stay here... I am just gonna get takeout, since it would be too weird for me to be in there with the both of you... no offense." I said after seeing Hoot's face.

"Alright... not like I am going anywhere anyways." Adam chuckled a bit, and waited from within some bushes with Hoot. Meanwhile, I went inside the building and ordered the food, and after a twenty minute wait or so I came back out with bags of food.

"Here... I got you some eggs, Hoot, and for you and I, Adam, I got my personal favorite which is their signature item - their flapjacks!" I said, handing out the food.

"Not eggs again..." Hoot said groaning.

"You don't like the flapjacks or anything else on their menu it seems, Hoot, so what was I supposed to get you?!" I said a bit irritably. We then said a quick prayer and got ready to eat.

"This looks great!" Adam said. "But how am I supposed to eat it...?"

"Well... I guess you will just have to eat it like Hoot does." I said, wincing as Hoot gulped his eggs down hole.

"Wait, what?!" Adam said, his eyes growing wide.

"Well you can't really use utensils, I am sorry to say..." I said back, picking up my plate and using my fork to eat my flapjacks.

Adam stared at his flapjacks, considering how he should go about this. His stomach rumbled at the site of the flapjacks, so he decided just to hurry up and get it done with. He grabbed the flapjacks with his beak, turned his head up the sky, and ate them just like Hoot did.

"Not bad for a first try..." Hoot mumbled as he watched Adam do all this.

"Those were... so good, but that just felt gross." He said, shaking his head a bit as he tried to get the gross feeling from gulping them down without chewing out of his system.

"Good job Adam." I said, feeling a bit sorry for him. We better find a way to turn him back soon, before this started to get out of hand...

Monek_OP

bernie2016
As promised, a full-fledged review-esque thingy, with quotes! Click on the spoiler tab below for a massive wall of text! However, I'm reviewing off my first thoughts, and I haven't read this all the way through yet. I'm doing this because it most realistically mimics other readers, as not everyone reads through the story more then once...

However, I do want to say, I noticed you're updating this more frequently than Destiny Bonds. I just want to point out that you have more readers on Destiny Bonds than you do here...

And finally, I may not correct all this grammar, mainly because I'm not that great with grammar anyways.

Chapter Five: Interesting Experiences​

We were eagerly awaiting an answer from the lady, when all of a sudden a poof of smoke filled the moderately large treehouse.

Wow, you're taking my advice already! I think the pace should be faster on that sentence, though.

"What's happening?!" I said in between coughs, as the smoke started to fill my lungs.

"Yeah!" Sierra said, also coughing.

"I don't know... wait a second!" Adam said, when he quickly realized something. "She... is gone!"

Remember, try to make dialogue flow better "'She... is gone!"' should be more like 'She's... Gone!' Depending on the amount of smoke, the pace should either be more urgent, or it shouldn't fill Cassidy's lungs. But then again, it is a treehouse, so the smoke may just air out...

"What?!" I screamed, trying to run over to the windows of the treehouse so I could open them to air it out. "That can't be!"

Oh. Huh. Blind reviews have their problems, eh? And again with realistic dialogue.

"But how...?!" Sierra said, astonished.

"Wait! I see something... on the ground." Adam said, walking over to it and trying to pick it up with his wings, but after failing miserably he just picked it up with his beak. "See this?" He said in a muffled voice since his beak was stuffed with the piece of paper.

"She must have left this..." I said, bending down to take the paper from Adam. "Should I read it?"

"Yeah, I think so..." was all Adam said back.

Sierra just nodded at me to start reading.

"I am a witch, in case you stupid humans didn't already know." I said, reading the note, and then putting it down for a moment. "A witch? Witches are frowned upon in Owl City, right?"

MY PRAYERS, THEY'VE BEEN ANSWERED.

"Yeah..." was all Adam said back. "Please go on."

"I am actually not a human myself, but of course I wouldn't tell you what I am..." I kept reading, kinda shocked. "OK, I will, fine - a fox. But I am rambling now... so let me tell you this. I turned Adam into an owl just to have some fun with him... and for other reasons..." and that is where the note cut abruptly off.

So that's what the fox says...

"Oh my gosh!" Sierra said with wide eyes.

"She did it just to have fun with me...?" Adam said, when something snapped in his head. "And for other reasons?! Who does this witch-fox-whatever think she is?!"

"Adam, calm down..." was all I could say. I just kept staring there in shock, looking down at Adam.

"How can I calm down, Cassidy? I mean, I am an owl, this lady sounds like a creeper, stalker, or something, and just... ah!" He was looking really flustered now.

"Adam, it will be alright... I promise. OK? I will look out for you..." I said with a tender look in my eyes, as I let Adam crawl onto my shoulder once again, which seemed to be his new favorite perch.

"Thanks, Cass..." He said, beginning to calm down a bit.

"Well, it is getting late... we should probably head to bed. It has been a crazy day for the all of us." Sierra said, looking a bit tired herself.

"But where should we stay for the night?" Adam said back, starting to yawn.

"Um... well, you could spend the night with me if you like. I would have to figure out a way to sneak past my parents though... they can't know about this..." I said, my mind pondering all kinds of things...

OK, here's where I have a slight problem. Or two, actually. The first:

1. Why can't Adam go back to his house?
2. Why can't other people know about the mascot of their city turning into a bird?

"Well, that sounds great, but how exactly do we do that?" Was all Adam said back.

Try not use that, 'Was all Adam said back.'

"I have my ways." I said back with a slight smile on my face, as I winked at Adam.

"Well, I should probably be getting home too... we can talk tomorrow, alright?" Sierra said with a small smile on her face.

"Sounds good." was all I said back.

Sneaky Cassa is sneaky. I can tell this'll be a fun chapter...

"See ya later Sierra!" Adam called after her, as she began to exit the treehouse.

We didn't talk much on the way home, but that could be because my house was right down the street from the treehouse. When we arrived, I darted around the back making sure for no one (especially my parents) not to see me, and we stopped right behind the house.

"Well, now what?" Adam said, looking up to the second story of the house. "I mean, I could fly up there, but you obviously can't." He said giggling a bit, noticing that my rooms window was open.

"Well, how about you fly up there first, and then you can watch this." I said, extending my arm so he could jump off of it and into the air. Luckily my parents seemed to be in their bedroom, and all the windows and blinds in the house were closed aside from mine.

"OK, if you say so..." He said, cautiously stepping onto my arm, and then lifted off into the air. He was a little wobbly at first, but gradually started to gain altitude until he crashed through my window and into my room.

"Adam, be careful!" I said, wincing as I saw what had just happened.

"I am OK!" He called back, making sure not to be too loud. "But how are you...?"

"Watch this." I said with a smile on my face, as I ran over to grab a ladder that was kept hidden inside our shed. I quickly extended it, and made sure it was secure, and began to climb up it up towards my room.

"Woah." Adam said, watching with wide eyes as I climbed up, higher and higher. "Be careful! And how do you do that?!"

"Well, I have my ways..." was all I said back, as I climbed through the window and flopped onto the floor. "Phew... but, um, where should you sleep Adam...?" I said, looking around my room trying to see what would be best. "You could sleep in my bed if you like... or in my chair." I said, as I pointed to my fluffy round chair that I loved to sit in when I was reading or on my computer.

"I think I will pick the chair... thanks." he said back to me, crawling into it. He probably was thinking the same thing I was - that it would be awkward if we slept in my bed together.

A little anti-climatic as for a sneak-in-scene, but nothing bad (that I can see) in these paragraphs.

"No prob." I said as I took out my pajamas from my drawer and headed to the bathroom so I could put them on. I then brushed my teeth and washed my face before coming back to my room to see Adam knocked out cold, fast asleep. I quietly tiptoed over to my bed and crawled into it, and then whispered "good night Adam" before falling asleep...

A bit of a waste of space as for story; however I'm glad you kept consistent and realistic enough, so I don't mind. I guess you could say its development...

~~~​

The next morning I got up, to realize I had slept in way too late - it was eleven o' clock! I quickly sat up and looked over to my chair, which Adam was not in. I started freaking out for a second, but that is when I heard someone say: "Good morning Cassidy."

I quickly spun around to see that Adam was looking at my book collection, probably patiently waiting for me to get up. I blushed before I spoke.

"I... I am so sorry Adam! I slept in too late and -"

"Don't worry about it. It is fine... I just got up about five minutes ago!" he said chuckling. "I noticed that you have the book Eragon... I have read that before. It was really good! I am a fan of Paolini's work."

"Wow, really? I am reading it right now, and I really am enjoying it!" I said back, a little excited to see that we had the same reading tastes.

"Yeah..." He said, when a low rumble sounded throughout the room. I looked suspiciously at Adam, as I heard the growl again.

"Hehe, sorry..." he fumbled. "I am starving..." he said trying to rub the back of his head with his wing from instinct, but it wasn't working out so great.

Again, you should at least compress this so it not SO long without any development/action/etc. However, fun-fact: Paolini was in his freshmen year when he wrote Eragon...

"Oh, it's OK... I am hungry too." I laughed. "Say, how about we go find somewhere to eat?"

"Yeah, but won't your parents be suspicious about you being gone?" He said, a little puzzlingly.

"Maybe, but I will just tell them I am going out for a bit..." I said already heading downstairs to go tell them. "Wait right there!"

I told my parents that I was going to be leaving, and they said it was fine. I then headed back up to my room to go get Adam.

"They said it is alright... shall we?" I said, pointing down the ladder towards the ground below.

"Yes." He said back, laughing a bit. I let him sit on my shoulder as I carefully climbed down the ladder, and back onto firm ground below.

"So, where should we go eat?" He said, looking at me quizzically.

"Well... we could go to Anna's. It is a cute little diner, and they have the best breakfast foods!" I said back, with a eager look on my face.

"That sounds good... let's go!" He said, staying firmly planted on my shoulder.

"Just make sure you don't talk... you don't want to give yourself away!" I giggled.

Once again: pace. Also, you made a bit of a scene of you climbing up the ladder in the dark, but it was no biggy when you climbed down with an owl?

"Hey, don't forget about me!" I heard someone shout. I darted my head to look back up to look at my window, to see Hoot flying down towards me.

"Where have you been? You seemed to have disappeared, ever since we went inside the tree house last night!" I said, scolding him a bit.

"Sorry, I was doing... things." He chuckled, making me look at him curiously, but I just shook it off, and let him come onto my other shoulder.

THAT. That sparked my interest; especially in a world with wiches. Is he Fox? Is Fox controlling him? Did he time travel? Did he do something that will affect the plot later with or without Fox?

"I am glad that people don't think it is weird for owls to be traveling on some girl's shoulders lol..." I said, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, good thing..." was all Adam said back, also giggling.

"So, where is this Anna's place?" Hoot asked curiously.

"You have been there! It is on Sunburn Street..." I said, walking along the road towards the restaurant.

"Oh... well I don't remember." Was all he said back.

Guys don't giggle. Or at least, older guys don't. And sunburn street? I see what you did there... And there's that phrase again.

"Stop it you!" I said, tussling his feathers.

Adam just giggled at the two of us playing around.

"See? We are here!" I said, walking up the paved path and up towards the building. I got ready to pull open the door when I saw a sign on the doors glass. It read:

WE ARE CLOSED FOR MAINTENANCE. WE ARE SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

Same things: Guys giggling and smoother dialogue. However, Hoot not remembering and disappearing adds to the list of things he could be doing with Fox/by himself, or, my personal favorite, something to do with time travel!

"Are you serious?!" I said as I looked at the sign in disbelief. "I guess we are gonna have to eat somewhere else...

"But where? I am starving..." Adam said as his stomach gave another unpleasant moan for food.

"How about... Applebee's?" I said with a grin.

"No, anywhere but there!" Adam said back, slightly horrified after remember what had happened there last night.

"I am just teasing you..." I said back, giggling. "But no really, how about we go to Embers? They have good food... not as good as Anna's, but it is still good."

"Yes please, I don't care where we go now..." Adam said, as his stomach growled right in my ears. I winced a little after hearing it...

"OK, let's go!" I said, walking briskly towards the restaurant. I was getting really hungry too...

"This place better not be under maintenance either..." Hoot said negatively.

Same as usual: pace & dialogue... But I do think that was a good bit of subtle development for Hoot.

"Oh, stop it you..." Was all I said. When we finally arrived at the building, I peered inside to see that it was open, and bustling with people.

"OK, you guys need to stay here... I am just gonna get takeout, since it would be too weird for me to be in there with the both of you... no offense." I said after seeing Hoot's face.

"Alright... not like I am going anywhere anyways." Adam chuckled a bit, and waited from within some bushes with Hoot. Meanwhile, I went inside the building and ordered the food, and after a twenty minute wait or so I came back out with bags of food.

Try not to overuse the word food.

You're treating Adam like he doesn't know the place : doesn't he live there?

"Here... I got you some eggs, Hoot, and for you and I, Adam, I got my personal favorite which is their signature item - their flapjacks!" I said, handing out the food.

"Not eggs again..." Hoot said groaning.

"You don't like the flapjacks or anything else on their menu it seems, Hoot, so what was I supposed to get you?!" I said a bit irritably. We then said a quick prayer and got ready to eat.

"This looks great!" Adam said. "But how am I supposed to eat it...?"

"Well... I guess you will just have to eat it like Hoot does." I said, wincing as Hoot gulped his eggs down hole.

"Wait, what?!" Adam said, his eyes growing wide.

"Well you can't really use utensils, I am sorry to say..." I said back, picking up my plate and using my fork to eat my flapjacks.

Adam stared at his flapjacks, considering how he should go about this. His stomach rumbled at the site of the flapjacks, so he decided just to hurry up and get it done with. He grabbed the flapjacks with his beak, turned his head up the sky, and ate them just like Hoot did.

Use the correct spelling of words, and try to find a synonym for flapjacks, like pancakes, so its not just flapjacks this, flapjacks that.

"Not bad for a first try..." Hoot mumbled as he watched Adam do all this.

"Those were... so good, but that just felt gross." He said, shaking his head a bit as he tried to get the gross feeling from gulping them down without chewing out of his system.

"Good job Adam." I said, feeling a bit sorry for him. We better find a way to turn him back soon, before this started to get out of hand...

Hm. That chapter lacked some action after Fox left... But, it did put some things in perspective.

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Chapter Six: Evilness Ensues...​

As we cleaned up our mess after we had finished eating, Adam decided to speak up.

"So... what now?" He asked simply, looking at me with his large Barn Owl eyes.

"Um... I think we should probably go... well maybe we should go back to the Applebee's to investigate. I have a feeling that that may be where the evil witch lives." I said back, thinking aloud.

"Good idea. Let's do it!" Adam said, as we began to run towards the restaurant. When we arrived, I stopped behind the building.

"Alright, let's look around for anything unusual..." I said, as I began to look around the building thoroughly.

"Hey, what's this?" Adam said as he found a brick hanging out of place from the wall of the building.

"What's what?" when I came over I saw what he had found. "Oh, good eye Adam! Maybe we should push it...?"

When I pushed the brick back into place, a very small door opened up and Adam and I found ourselves peering into the depths of a dark passage that led underneath the building.

"Woah." Was the only word Adam could get out. I didn't say anything, because I was so surprised.

"Um... this looks like it could very well be the witch's secret hideout or something. But how do we get in there? I mean, you can fit, but I can't... wait, how'd she get in there?!" I said, once again thinking aloud.

"Remember? She's a fox in her true form. That's what she said on the note we found anyways..." Adam said back as he kept peering down the tunnel.

"Well, you could go on without me -" I then began to feel really weird as Adam peered at me surprised.

"Cassidy, are you OK?" He said wonderingly.

I couldn't say anything back, when I fainted for a second briefly. When I awoke, I woke up to find Adam looking down at me still as an owl. But he was huge... way bigger then me.

"Why are you so... wait a minute." I then noticed that I had what looked like paws. Yup, that's right, paws. And whiskers, as well as a long tail. "What the?! I am a mouse!"

Adam just kept staring back at me amazed, with his beak gaping open. "How did you...?!"

"I... I don't know... I just did! I was thinking about how I wished I was something small enough to fit into that passageway, and well... this happened!" I was amazed myself. Did this mean I had... powers?!

"Well... that is really awesome. Can you turn into something else?" He asked, still with an amazed look on his face.

"Well... I can try..." All of a sudden I turned into a tiger, in all its glory.

"Woah! A tiger! You went the exotic route!" Adam laughed.

"Well... this is pretty darn cool." I said, and turned into a mouse again. "You better just not try to eat me... because, well, you know how owls eat mice..."

"Hey!" Adam said back a playfully.

"I am just kidding, relax!" I said, laughing. "OK are we gonna do this or not?"

Adam took a deep breath before answering me. "Yup, let's do this."

We began to step down the rickety steps, and I was careful to slowly make my way down them, as they were really steep for me in mouse form.

"Hey, I just realized something... you can understand me even though all I am making is squeaks. That is pretty cool! Your owl form must be able to understand other animals!" I whispered to Adam quietly.

"Woah, you are right! That is pretty owlsome." He said, winking at me as I giggled back. That was when I realized something - Hoot wasn't here again. He had disappeared!

"Hey, Adam... Hoot is gone again. I am really starting to worry about him... he isn't acting like himself lately. Usually he is a really good little guy..." I then stopped as we finally made it to the bottom of the steps, but it was too dark to see anything.

"Hm... well I am sure there is a reason. And woah! It is so cool how I can see in the dark!" He said, as he got distracted from me by his cool new powers.

"Yeah, I am sure your right. And woah really? OK... let me try!" I then quickly transformed into an owl. "Woah, you are right, this is amazing!"

"Yeah! But uh... this place is really creeping me out." Adam said as he looked around. As I did the same, I noticed that he was right. There was a huge cauldron in the middle of the room, and there were books stacked up in piles all around the room. I didn't see the witch, until I heard a voice behind me.

"So, you have found my hideout, have you? Doesn't surprise me. And I see you have finally gotten some powers yourself, little girl. I was waiting for this to happen..." I looked around as I tried to find where she was, when suddenly the room was lit up as she lit the room up with a torch that hung from the wall. I then saw her, in her true form as a fox.

"What do you mean, you've been waiting for this to happen?" I said as I watched her without taking my eyes off her once.

"Yeah, turn me back now you witch!" Adam boldly said, looking at her with penetrating eyes.

"Say whatever you want... you will soon die anyways." She said as she plucked a book from one of the piles, and took it with her over to her cauldron. "Now, where is that spell..."

"What are you doing?! Reading?!" I said, starting to get really angry.

She didn't say anything back to me, when she ran over to her cupboards and grabbed a handful of weird plants and bottles with strange liquid in them, and ran back over to the cauldron and threw them all in.

I knew I couldn't just stand there and watch her, so I quickly turned into a polar bear and ran over there to knock over the cauldron, but it was too late - she had already jumped into it and was cackling an evil laugh.

"You stupid humans! You were so panic stricken that you didn't even bother to try to stop me before I had finished my evil plan! Haha!" She looked at me with a menacing grin on her face that I wanted so badly to wipe off of it.

"What do you mean, that you have an evil plan?!" I said, but she did not reply. Instead, I slowly watched her begin to transform in front of my eyes, into some kind of hideous monster unlike I had ever seen before. She was all black, with some ripped up wings that still somehow allowed her to fly. She had a long snout, and evil, piercing green eyes. A tail as sharp as a knife and scales with small spikes all over them were also added to turn her into some horrible monster. She was also huge, almost too big for the room to handle.

"Do you like my new form, you pests?" She asked before she cackled another evil laugh once again. "Oh, and I almost forgot... Hoot, get out here and drink some of my evil potion before I destroy it!"

I just stood there dumbfounded. It all made sense now. Hoot had joined the dark side. He wasn't my friend anymore, he himself was going to turn into some hideous monster that was going to try and kill Adam and I.

Hoot quickly came out from the shadows and drank some of the mixture without even saying a word to me. He just stared at me with piercing eyes and an evil stare.

Adam then came over to me, and quickly whispered: "I... I don't know what to say. I am sorry... but what do we do now?!"

I barely was able to speak another word back when the evil witch took to the sky and smashed through the roof of the building, along with Hoot had also turned into a hideous monster-owl. I just stared back at Adam, as we shared a knowing glance. We both knew what we needed to do. We had to save the City, and help stop Hoot and the evil Witch. This was our top priority. This was our mission. How we would do this, I had no idea, but I just knew that we had to get to Sierra's house, and quickly.

I transformed into an owl once again and Adam and I took to the sky, as we fought against time to fulfill our mission. As we flew through the air, the screams from the city below and the destruction Hoot and the witch was causing was terrible. Why were they doing this? We would hopefully soon find out...

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Chapter Six: Evilness Ensues...​

"Why are you so... wait a minute." I then noticed that I had what looked like paws. Yup, that's right, paws. And whiskers, as well as a long tail. "What the?! I am a mouse!"

Adam just kept staring back at me amazed, with his beak gaping open. "How did you...?!"

"I... I don't know... I just did! I was thinking about how I wished I was something small enough to fit into that passageway, and well... this happened!" I was amazed myself. Did this mean I had... powers?!

"Well... that is really awesome. Can you turn into something else?" He asked, still with an amazed look on his face.

"Well... I can try..." All of a sudden I turned into a tiger, in all its glory.

OK, WAIT. My OP belle-whistle-thingy, ya know what, screw it. But anyway, Cass being able to transform was the quite the twist, not to mention being slightly over-powered-protag. in nature. However, if this leads to some witch versus human (+Owl thing(s)), I s'pose I'm OK with it.

Onto the things I didn't like:
  • Convenience: The first, about, 5/8 of the chapter seemed just a bit too convenient; the character knew exactly what to do, why to do it, and when. This was bound to happen, as in the plot had going a lot slower then a chapter full of a bunch of twists. the way to fix this is to either, a). plan farther ahead, even if only one to two chapters, and know what's going to happen to aptly foreshadow for it, or b). FILLER ADJECTIVES/DESCRIPTIONS! You did an excellent job, though, may I add, with foreshadowing with Hoot's absences!

• Overuse of Dialogue / Lack of Descriptions: The first 3/4 of this was basically, if not entirely, dialogue. This is relatively self-descriptive; just add water adjectives!
  • Note-esque / Misc. Comments that sort of link together and stuff: Your fics seem to have all their problems in the beginning of the chapter, and then get all cool and plot-twisty & 90's cartoon-referency towards the end. I think this comes from you getting the idea of what's happening towards the end and just rushing; this can be fixed by: a). Re-drafting, b). distributing well c). foreshadowing d). writing cliffhangers and then absolving them next chapter and then writing more. The list goes on.

Things I liked:

Dude, are you kidding me? This was great! Black monsters, evil potions, tritagonists turning out to be en-alliance with the bad guy? Aside from that:
  • Plot twists galore!

• Jokes getting better.

• Cassidy gets powers! even if they're excessively slightly OP
  • the beginning of a climax!

and more!

sorry for bad grammar/formatting. Never try to do this off a phone XD

Cassafrass1999

A new beginning! <3
Chapter 7: The Spell We Need to Set Things Right​

"Wait, why are we heading to Sierra's house again? Why not somewhere else?" Adam asked curiously, stopping in mid-flight.

"Um... because she may know what to do, and she should know about this." I said awkwardly.

"OK, was just wondering..." We then continued on to her house, and as soon as we reached it we flew down and landed in front of Sierra's tree in the front of her yard.

"Um... how exactly should we go inside?" Adam asked puzzlingly.

"Like we did last time." I then turned back into my usual self and put Adam on my shoulder. "Now in case her parents answer the door, pretend to be Hoot. OK?"

"Okay... if you are sure about this..." Adam said with a bit of a skeptical tone in his voice.

"Don't worry, it will be fine... I promise." I then knocked on the door, which revealed Sierra's mom. No!

"Oh, hey Cassidy. What brings you here at this time?" Apparently she hadn't heard about the Witch yet, who was on the other side of the city.

"Oh um, I was wondering if I could talk to Sierra?" I tried to sound calm and collected, even though I was freaking out inside.

"Sure! Oh, and does Hoot look a little... different to you?" She said absentmindedly as she took me up the stairs to Sierra's room. Luckily I didn't have to answer as she called Sierra and said that we were here. Once I was inside Sierra's room and her mom had left, we quickly closed the door.

"Why are you here Cassidy?" Sierra asked wonderingly.

"Um... well... er... uh just watch this. Don't freak out though!" I then turned into a leopard and then back into a human. Sierra didn't say anything because she was too shocked.

"Haha... yeah so that's that..." I said, again awkwardly. Adam then took over for me.

"Yes, there's that, but have you also heard about the witch that is trying to destroy the whole city as a way to get 'revenge' on me?" Adam said, looking out Sierra's window a bit nervously.

"What?!" Sierra said, as she ran over to the window. Indeed, the monster was slowly making her way over to where we were.

"Yeah, it's bad..." Adam said, when all of a sudden there was a knock at the door. We all whirled around when the door opened revealing... Bre?!

"Hey guys... I heard, er, saw the witch and saw you flying over here, so I came as well." Bre said, slowly closing the door behind her.

"Wait, you flew over here?!" Sierra said with wide eyes.

"Yeah, it was the quickest way over for both of us." I looked at Adam as he looked back. "Wait, how'd you know about my powers?!" I said, looking at Bre.

"I just... knew." She giggled back.

"Okay... anyways, what to do now? Where are the other band members?" I said, acknowledging my question toward Bre.

"They are back at the touring van, looking up any information that may help us on the computers." She said, very calmly surprisingly.

"Wait, but what do we do?" Adam said, walking over towards Bre and cocking his head curiously.

"Um... maybe we should... uh..." Sierra began.

"Maybe we should go back to the witch's lair and see if there is a way to reverse the spell that she used on herself and Hoot!" I said, suddenly getting the idea out of nowhere. "It's worth a shot."

"I'm game." Bre said back. "Let's go!"

"Wait, how should we get there?" Adam said, looking at me. "I mean, what would be fastest?"

"OK, how about you and I fly there, while Bre and Sierra take Bre's car. That is your car parked in front of Sierra's house, right, Bre?" I said, looking at the cute little car.

"Yes, sure is. C'mon Sierra!" Bre then quickly grabbed Sierra's hand as they ran to the car. Adam and I shrugged and I quickly transformed into an owl, as Adam and I took off after we had gotten outside. But first I had told Sierra's mom that we were going out, and she had said that was fine thankfully.

"OK, there it is!" I said, as we neared the very Applebee's where this whole mess had started in the first place.

"Alright, let's do it!" Adam said as we landed at the entrance to the witch's lair.

"Here it is guys!" I shouted out, as I saw Bre and Sierra getting out of the blue car. They quickly ran over.

"Whoa! How do we fit in there though? That looks really small..." Bre said, observantly.

"I am afraid you guys will probably have to wait up here, while Adam and I go in... we will keep you updated on anything we find, okay?" I turned into a mouse, and just as we had done before Adam and I slowly walked down the stairs.

"Okay..." Sierra said a bit hesitantly.

As we walked down the steps, I was just thankful that the room was now lit up faintly by the light from the torches that hung around the room. I then realized something...

"Wait, didn't the roof get destroyed when the witch grew huge?!" I asked Adam, as we continued down the steps.

"Yeah, it did now that you mentioned it... maybe she is using some kind of magic to make her lair appear under all Applebee's or something... I don't know." He laughed a bit, which helped relieve the tension.

"Yeah, maybe..." when we finally reached the bottom of the steps, I looked around. Everything was just as it had been when we first discovered the secret hideout.

"Hm... maybe we should look over through these spell books first?" Adam said, using his talons to open up one of the books so he could read it.

"Good idea! Maybe the spell on how to turn them back will be in there!" I said excitedly, as I scurried over and looked and read the book with Adam.

After looking through what seemed like millions of books and billions of pages, all ranging from "how to train your lizard" to "cooking with diamonds" to "how to turn invincible", we finally came across something scribbled on a page in very small letters of a random book called "Magical Properties and Spells".

"Does that say..." I squinted as the writing was barely readable. "Kill... Adam... Young?!" The picture also had a poorly drawn picture of an owl, with a bunch of red paint and an "x" splattered on top of it.

Adam gulped, and said: "Yeah... I think so..."

I ripped out the picture with my paws, and stuck it beside me, as we continued looking through the books. We would talk more about this later...

"Have you found anything good yet, guys?" Bre called down.

"Yeah, you may want to hurry... things are getting worse and worse up here!" Sierra said, with her voice wavering a bit.

"Yeah, we found something, but we still haven't found what we really need..." Adam called, his voice also shaking a bit.

"OK..." Bre said back, seeming a bit worried.

"Hey, look at this!" Adam called after about ten more minutes of searching through books. "This book has whole chapter on 'how to undo any spell'"!

"Whoa, really? Let me see!" I quickly ran over, and read the whole chapter. "Oh my gosh, this may be just what we need!"

We then ran up the stairs with the book and ripped out page. I jumped on Adam's back, still in mouse form, so we could just fly up the stairs together quickly.

"Guys, did you find something good?!" Sierra said curiously.

"Yeah! Look!" I said, setting down the things we had found.

After taking a good look at it, Bre smiled and clapped her hands. "Perfect! Let's do this!"

The book had a huge chapter, but basically what it told us to do was to: First, gather some Aurusia berries (which are very rare). Then we have to scoop some water up from an enchanted pool, and finally we have to chant the words "Alu-Alu-Amu" exactly twenty times after putting everything into a cauldron. Sadly, the last bit of the page was ripped, but we figured that that part wasn't important.

"Are you sure we can do this?" I said a bit cautiously.

"Yeah, of course we can! Should be a piece of cake..." Adam said, nodding his head at me.

"Alright then, let's go!" I said, as we all started taking off towards the woods to gather the things we needed as quickly as we could.

Last edited:

Monek_OP

bernie2016
Chapter 7: The Spell We Need to Set Things Right​

Ok, despite leading up to this with a bunch of excuses, I really don't have much more to say relative to the last post; issues are the same:

More adjectives. Describe to a point where you forget what you were writing about. Also, remember convenience.

As for what I liked, I think this is a good set up chapter, it was good.