• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
In the middle the first episode via DVR. It looks like the Mane 6 are dealing with the show's version of a cult (not colt, "cult" with a "U").

Lady Umbreon

I didn't realize the season premier was today. I just happened to see it on the schedule.

So My Little Pony season 5 premiers a week before Game of Thrones season 5. Coincidence? I think not.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
In the middle the first episode via DVR. It looks like the Mane 6 are dealing with the show's version of a cult (not colt, "cult" with a "U").

There's actually a lot of theories about this. The two biggest ones is that the show is a parody of Tumblr or a parody of Harrison Bergeron. I have yet to watch the episodes, due to being at a wake, but /mlp/ was kind enough to post the links to watch the episodes in various places. From the looks of it, it was pretty good.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
It's been 3,000 years ...

Well, not really. But I was up early enough to catch the episode.

All of this behind here's Spoilers.
[spoil]Meh. It was better than The Crystal Empire, but that's still setting the bar kind of low.

I feel like we were cheated out of the better story in the interest of time. This was a two-parter who's very concept generated so much hype, we had to rush through everything so quickly because we only had 40 airtime minutes to tell the story. (Fortunately) Starlight Glimmer got away, but I kind of hoped that her plan wouldn't have come completely undone in this two-parter. Since the theme of this season seemed to be about Cutie Marks and individual talents it would've been nice to see a recurring villain who openly opposed Twilight and her views.

So we might see Sunset Shimmer Starlight Glimmer again. She seemed spiteful enough to hold a grudge.

Other Thoughts:

- Of course Spike doesn't get to go. D:
- That said, he probably had the better weekend.
- Some dialogue was awkward. Like Rarity's " Ms. Pie ".
- Rarity being really freaked out by the Stepford grins got a chuckle.
- The scene where Fluttershy joined made me think all the Animal Farm.
- Since that'd make Fluttershy Boxer I was disapointed a windmill didn't fall on her.
- " Countryisms " got a chuckle. One of the few times Applejack managed to do that.

I thought it was weird that Pegasi could still fly but Unicorns lost their Magic and Earth Ponies lost their strength, and then I realized that it was because they could think of no other way for Fluttershy to get the information she needed to save the day. Except, you know, the others trusted her so there was no reason to sneak around at all. That was the entire reason she played along to begin with.

That said, nopony else noticed that Starlight Glimmer retained both her magic and mane? [/spoil]

Lady Umbreon

[spoil]
I thought it was weird that Pegasi could still fly but Unicorns lost their Magic and Earth Ponies lost their strength, and then I realized that it was because they could think of no other way for Fluttershy to get the information she needed to save the day.

The unicorns retained basic telekinesis, shown when the baker floated a notepad and pen to take the Mane 6's orders.[/spoil]

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow, this season premiere totally flew under the radar for me. But then again, I haven't been paying as much attention to this series as usual.

[SPOIL]Oh look, a wonderful social commentary on the modern game industry.

Good episode. Interesting that they didn't go for some kind of monstrous creature as the villain and instead made a villain that was fairly ordinary in comparison that relied on ideas and philosophy to cause conflict. That feels more natural to the series. I also like that she wasn't totally defeated in the end, leaving her open for future episodes. Now I'm hoping that they do with her what I was hoping they would do with Sombra, have her show up periodically throughout the season, causing various friendship problems directly or indirectly and building up to an epic confrontation in the finale (maybe in the finale she can somehow steal Celestia and Luna' cutie marks).[/SPOIL]

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Once the show hits 100 episodes, it should be sold into syndication on local television stations. This would no doubt increase the show's audience since there are a number of homes who don't receive Discovery Family.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
It would probably do better on a network like Cartoon Network or Disney.

No way is Hasbro syndicating its product to a competing network. The norm for a cable series has been to usually bring it onto local television stations. The only cable station you might see a show like MLP syndicated to is WGN America. WGN America carries shows that are also carried on other cable channels in syndication, like How I Met Your Mother, Parks and Recreation, 30 Rock, and formerly, South Park (where WGN was actually the only cable station outside the MTV Networks family to show syndicated reruns, seriously, did you think Comedy Central was gonna let Adult Swim show the show?). But I digress. MLP would be better served being on local broadcast stations, because, not everyone has cable or satellite, which is a key reason some cable-based shows are in local syndication to begin with.

Klizcool

GARBAGE DAY?!?!
Anyone read the Fiendship is magic comic series? So far the Sombra's and Tierik issues are out.

I've only read the Chrysalis and Big Mac ones. It's hard to read them when you don't want to spend money on iBooks.
They're a chalky really good. The art is great, the characters are better than in the show, and most importantly, the stories don't suck. The art and writing actually draw you in and keep you interested in the characters. I personally re commend the ones with Andy Price and Katie Cook, not just be uase they're the majority, but because they're the best of the bunch. Price does a great job of capturing the ponies emotions and body language that I'd say that they're better than the show's animation. Not to mention the sheer number of background gags and references to pop culture, both new and old, the comics are definetly worth a read. Unless you don't like spending money on iTunes like me. The. You can get them when they occasionally are free.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I read a few issues (Nightmare Rarity, Mirror World, Cadance/Shining Armor, and some one shots) but I'm not a fan. Some of the stories are really restricted by panel-space.

EPISODE 2 (or is it 3?)
[spoil]Okay. All right. This one was a rehash of the Crystal Empire Episode with Peachbottom. Since I already liked that episode that made it easy to like this one. The resolution was also better then what I was expecting. I was expecting them to make an excuse for the girls to be forced to move into the castle at least semi-part time, but I guess they have to blow Ponyville to smithereens before that happens.

Good. Since the Cutie Mark Beacon works anywhere it shouldn't matter where they live.

Bits of Thoughts:

- We're not even 5 minutes in the episode and Spike is being mistreated (had to eat scraps at breakfast?).
- Passive-Aggressive Shy. I like Fluttershy more when she's subtly aggressive more than when she lays it on.
- One day we're going to learn why Rainbow Dash lives in a mansion. One day ...
- Rainbow Dash's singing voice is so bad I cringed.
- And ... we get some of Suited for Success in there, too. Good to know nopony learned anything!
- Wow. Wasn't expecting that in the scene with the Spa.
- The reprise was better.
- The final result was neat and all but ... how?

- Each girl decorated one room:
Rarity - Dining Room
Rainbow Dash - Library
Fluttershy - Bedroom
Applejack - Kitchen
Pinkie Pie - Common Areas[/spoil]

PokeMaster366

I read a few issues (Nightmare Rarity, Mirror World, Cadance/Shining Armor, and some one shots) but I'm not a fan. Some of the stories are really restricted by panel-space.

EPISODE 2 (or is it 3?)
[spoil]Okay. All right. This one was a rehash of the Crystal Empire Episode with Peachbottom. Since I already liked that episode that made it easy to like this one. The resolution was also better then what I was expecting. I was expecting them to make an excuse for the girls to be forced to move into the castle at least semi-part time, but I guess they have to blow Ponyville to smithereens before that happens.

Good. Since the Cutie Mark Beacon works anywhere it shouldn't matter where they live.

Bits of Thoughts:

- We're not even 5 minutes in the episode and Spike is being mistreated (had to eat scraps at breakfast?).
- Passive-Aggressive Shy. I like Fluttershy more when she's subtly aggressive more than when she lays it on.
- One day we're going to learn why Rainbow Dash lives in a mansion. One day ...
- Rainbow Dash's singing voice is so bad I cringed.
- And ... we get some of Suited for Success in there, too. Good to know nopony learned anything!
- Wow. Wasn't expecting that in the scene with the Spa.
- The reprise was better.
- The final result was neat and all but ... how?

- Each girl decorated one room:
Rarity - Dining Room
Rainbow Dash - Library
Fluttershy - Bedroom
Applejack - Kitchen
Pinkie Pie - Common Areas[/spoil]

[spoil]I didn't view that as Spike abuse. It the hands of an incompetent writer, they would've just had Spike leave without even getting a bite of pancake, but instead, Spike was all like "Nope," and takes a few pancakes with him on the road. I honestly thought that was the funniest moment of the episode.[/spoil]

Lady Umbreon

EPISODE 2 (or is it 3?)

That was my first reaction too but then something hit me. "Castle Sweet Castle" isn't a copy of "Suited For Success", it's the INVERSE of it. Both episodes are about an artist/client relationship that goes wrong. The difference is who's at fault. In "SFS" the clients are to blame - the girls pile so many demands on Rarity that her artistic vision is buried. But in "CSC" it's the artists who screw up - the girls got so wrapped up in their personal aesthetics that they forgot Twilight's needs.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon really get on my nerves. i graciously await the day that these two are killed off. I know their appearance in this episode turns out to be part of a nightmare, they still really tick me off.

Other than that, it was a good episode. Seeing Apple Bloom trapped in a nightmare was a nice fresh plot.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Nopony is being killed off on this show ... even if they deserve it like those two or Applejack.

So here we are at the first of what will probably be several CMC episodes this season. I thought it was decent, but it's my least favorite episode so far.

Episode 4
[spoil]Oh? Character Development for a non-Mane Character?

So Babs can't run the Manehatten branch of CMC because she has her cutie mark-- I guess?

That's some clunky exposition right after the letter, but I'll take it for a 22 minute episode.

Applejack reminding us that she's voiced by a professional singer.

I ... kind of wish they stuck with Dream Sequence 1. I thought the idea of not liking your Cutie Mark at first but coming around to appreciate it would have made a great plot for a full episode. It also felt the most natural. The other sequences were kind of forced.

Yeah. I agree that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon's part in this was kind of bad/forced -- especially since Applebloom's talent would have saved the town later in the sequence. We're five seasons in and I'm actually not even sure what their talents are.

Dolphin Dream Animal Cutie Mark alludes to this being a dream - in case you haven't figured it out by now.

Whatever it takes to get more of Big Mac's VA, I see.

Thanks for showing us those pictures of Apple Family Reunion so we can clearly see that there are ponies with non-Apple Cutie Marks still living on Apple land. *ding*

Pinkie Cameo is also a throwback to Filli Vanilli.

Moon Horse. Or Dream Horse. Or whatever. Going back to Dream Sequence 1 it would've been nice to stress that your talent doesn't have to define explictably who you are since Luna is a Dream Walker despite the moon Cutie Mark and Rarity is a dressmaker despite the Gem Finder cutie mark.

Given that, I think Applejack's point was more true than Luna's. Your Cutie Mark doesn't really define who you are. You can be whoever you want to be. Your talent will just help you reach your goal.[/spoil]

TheGreaterLucario

I'm not a brony, not by a long shot. However, I recently have found a member of the MLP cast that I actually can't help but feel kinda' bad for. Who is it, you might ask? I'm probably going to receive quite a few weird looks for this, but, well.... it's Gilda. I mean, it's bad enough that she lost her only real friend because of the annoying, constant antics of another (looking at YOU, Pinkie Pie), but then you also have the fact that a majority of the fanbase hates on her quite a bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.