• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I wouldn't really call Gilda a member of the cast since she appeared in just one episode --- for now.

[spoil]In case ya'll missed it, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash will be heading to the Griffon Empire in a future episode.[/spoil]

Anyway, what happened to Gilda was going to be inevitable even if Pinkie Pie did nothing. Gilda was being a jerk to the other ponies including Rainbow Dash's other friends. If it wasn't Pinkie who eventually did something it would've been another pony -- because you clearly do not just yell at Fluttershy and get away with it.

You think Rainbow Dash would've put up with Gilda if she knew she was verbally abusing Fluttershy? She barely puts up with Discord and he is not abusing Fluttershy.

[spoil]And ... in case you missed that one we are also getting a Fluttershy and Discord episode where Fluttershy chooses someone else over him for an big invitation-only event.[/spoil]

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
[spoil]I ... kind of wish they stuck with Dream Sequence 1. I thought the idea of not liking your Cutie Mark at first but coming around to appreciate it would have made a great plot for a full episode. It also felt the most natural. The other sequences were kind of forced.[/spoil]

[SPOIL]Eh, not in the way it played out, it wouldn't be a very satisfying ending if Apple Bloom had just come to accept a cutie mark that felt like a chore. While it is a good lesson that you have to learn to accept things you don't like, that's not something you should have to learn at an early age since it would crush your sense of wonder and creativity, and those are more important lessons in one's childhood.[/SPOIL]

[spoil]Moon Horse. Or Dream Horse. Or whatever. Going back to Dream Sequence 1 it would've been nice to stress that your talent doesn't have to define explictably who you are since Luna is a Dream Walker despite the moon Cutie Mark and Rarity is a dressmaker despite the Gem Finder cutie mark.

Given that, I think Applejack's point was more true than Luna's. Your Cutie Mark doesn't really define who you are. You can be whoever you want to be. Your talent will just help you reach your goal.[/spoil]

[SPOIL]Except in their case, their talent connects to their interests. Luna's talent is controlling the night, and dreams typically happen at night. Rarity finds gems because she wants to use them in her dress designs. Apple Bloom's didn't have much to do with apples or anything she was really interested in. True, a pony's talent isn't the end all be all of their identity, but their talent usually ties into their identity in the first place, and that was the point of the episode. You shouldn't worry about whether or not your special talent is something you won't like because your interests fuel your talent in the first place.[/SPOIL]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I suspect --
[spoil]That it's not technically possible to get a Cutie Mark you don't like.

The scenario I was imagining was that Applebloom (or another pony) would be disappointed initially because they either did not see value in their talent or because they didn't think their talent was " cool " compared to others. Both of which are concerns that are relevant to children. After she actually tried the Pest Control she seemed to be getting into it and even enjoying herself. What threw a wench in that was that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon mocked her over her Cutie Mark -- something that would probably happen anyway since it's been established that they're bullies and would find any excuse to antagonist Applebloom. Then later in the episode it's established that Apple Bloom's talent is useful and perfectly fine, and it doesn't really matter what the bullies think.

I guess that's to say that a lesson can be taught on the proper way to deal with bullying. I don't think they handled the situation as gracefully as they could, and that ended up being a waste of a perfectly good plot.

Besides, Applebloom's actual talent (design/building) doesn't have much to do with Apples either. [/spoil]

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I suspect --
[spoil]That it's not technically possible to get a Cutie Mark you don't like.

The scenario I was imagining was that Applebloom (or another pony) would be disappointed initially because they either did not see value in their talent or because they didn't think their talent was " cool " compared to others. Both of which are concerns that are relevant to children. After she actually tried the Pest Control she seemed to be getting into it and even enjoying herself. What threw a wench in that was that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon mocked her over her Cutie Mark -- something that would probably happen anyway since it's been established that they're bullies and would find any excuse to antagonist Applebloom. Then later in the episode it's established that Apple Bloom's talent is useful and perfectly fine, and it doesn't really matter what the bullies think.

I guess that's to say that a lesson can be taught on the proper way to deal with bullying. I don't think they handled the situation as gracefully as they could, and that ended up being a waste of a perfectly good plot.

Besides, Applebloom's actual talent (design/building) doesn't have much to do with Apples either.[/spoil]

[spoil]Actually there is a way to connect designing and building with apples, apple wood. Which they could potentially use for a similar conflict, since I would imagine the Apples (including Apple Bloom herself) probably are not too keen on the idea of chopping down apple trees to use for construction but could eventually come around to it by the end of the episode. That would be a better execution of the idea than the pest control cutie mark, which is neat but doesn't really mesh as well with her character development.[/spoil]

TheGreaterLucario

I wouldn't really call Gilda a member of the cast since she appeared in just one episode --- for now.

[spoil]In case ya'll missed it, Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash will be heading to the Griffon Empire in a future episode.[/spoil]

Anyway, what happened to Gilda was going to be inevitable even if Pinkie Pie did nothing. Gilda was being a jerk to the other ponies including Rainbow Dash's other friends. If it wasn't Pinkie who eventually did something it would've been another pony -- because you clearly do not just yell at Fluttershy and get away with it.

You think Rainbow Dash would've put up with Gilda if she knew she was verbally abusing Fluttershy? She barely puts up with Discord and he is not abusing Fluttershy.

[spoil]And ... in case you missed that one we are also getting a Fluttershy and Discord episode where Fluttershy chooses someone else over him for an big invitation-only event.[/spoil]

Really I think all Gilda needs is to be hit with the realization that there's more than one way to be 'cool'.

I finally got the chance to watch the first four (three, if you count the premiere as one episode, I suppose) episodes of this season today (yes, I know, I'm a slowpoke), here are a few thoughts on them.

(all spoilered, just in case):

[spoil]
The Cutie Map

I'm wondering if this map is going to be this seasons over-arching plot-device (if that's the correct phrase to use?)?
You know, how last seasons was the "keys" the main six received throughout.

I also agree with what Bolt The Cat said about Starlight Glimmer showing up from time to time to cause trouble for the main six occasionally during this season.

Castle Sweet Castle

I actually totally forgot Golden Oaks Library was destroyed by Tirek in the last season.

Gloom & Bloom

So, now all three of their main fillies have had their dreams entered by Princess Luna.
Maybe all the main sx (and Spike) will have theirs entered?
[/spoil]

WildHennaCharizard

I finally got the chance to watch the first four (three, if you count the premiere as one episode, I suppose) episodes of this season today (yes, I know, I'm a slowpoke), here are a few thoughts on them.

(all spoilered, just in case):

[spoil]
The Cutie Map

I'm wondering if this map is going to be this seasons over-arching plot-device (if that's the correct phrase to use?)?
You know, how last seasons was the "keys" the main six received throughout.

I also agree with what Bolt The Cat said about Starlight Glimmer showing up from time to time to cause trouble for the main six occasionally during this season.

Castle Sweet Castle

I actually totally forgot Golden Oaks Library was destroyed by Tirek in the last season.

Gloom & Bloom

So, now all three of their main fillies have had their dreams entered by Princess Luna.
Maybe all the main sx (and Spike) will have theirs entered?
[/spoil]

I would say Spike should have Luna visit his dreams since he is technically a baby dragon,thus having a nightmare about something that luna chould adice him with whould be very welcome for me.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Episode 6
[spoil]Why, for five seasons I've put up with it now. I must stop Winter from coming... but how?

I like how Spike was only put in this episode to be told his opinion doesn't matter.

So yeah. Rainbow Dash gets another chance to sing here. This time she's better. She's still my least favorite singer in the Mane 6, though.

Singer Tier List: Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie, Twilight, Dash

Rainbow Dash confirmed Karma Houdini. Not only does she nearly destroy Cloudsdale but it's dropped as soon as it happens.

Obligatory Game of Thrones Reference.

Oh. Nuclear Winter! /igetit

The scene in Dash's house is my favorite one this season. Everyone was just wonderfully written.

I ... wouldn't mind Pinkie entering scenes unusually on a regular basis.

Goodness. A pony actually recalls something she learned in a previous episode!
Fluttershy's right, though. Trying to sugarcoat the situation doesn't make it better.

Applejack's making it really hard for me to hate her.

Oh wait. She reverted to typical country pony in the next scene.

So -- I liked this episode. It seemed to bounce around the idea of how to deal with grief without actually saying that Rainbow Dash was grieving. She actually went through the five stages of grief without them going over the top with it. Also ending it in a kid-friendly way by assuring us that Tank will be back .. whenever they decide to write him back into the show. [/spoil]

This week's new episode should totally make up for the bad episode I'm anticipating next week!

Mister_SGG

Wow that was a great episode. Song rocked and the performances were excellent as usual.

Game of Thrones reference was hilarious

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
[SPOIL]Wait, so Seasons 2-5 take place within the span of a year? That must be one eventful year. So what, does that mean Tank isn't coming back until Season 8 or something? Not that they did much with him in the first place, but still.[/SPOIL]

[spoil]Dat Game Of Thrones reference! :)
I saw that coming enough that I was saying that along with Twilight as she said it.

Let me stress (in bold) first, I know death is something that this show will never ever, not in a million, billion years touch upon in any way, but when Rainbow Dash was wondering why Tank was acting the way he was, I still couldn't help thinking "Um, is Tank actually dying?"

Then that scene where Fluttershy told her what was happening set the record straight. :)[/spoil]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
[spoil]
Wait, so Seasons 2-5 take place within the span of a year?
Time if an iffy thing for this series. It does appear that we're in our second year, though.

Word of God is that the episodes are not necessarily in chronological order ... which is the only way it makes sense.

My Approximate Timeline:

Summer Year 1
- Nightmare Moon is Defeated (Friendship is Magic)
- Rainbow Dash masters the Sonic Rainbow
- Twilight adopts the Owl (you know its name) as her pet

Fall Year 1
- Girls go to the Grand Galloping Gala (Best Night Ever)
- Princess Luna's first public appearance since returning (Luna Eclipsed)
- Babs Seed becomes a Cutie Mark Crusader
- Discord is defeated (The Return of Harmony)

Winter Year 1
- Queen Chrysalis is defeated (The Royal Wedding)
- Princess Celestia begins taking letters from Twilight's friends (Lesson Zero)
- Heartswarming Eve Pageant
- Spike saves the Crystal Empire / Twilight's Princess Training Begins

Spring Year 2
- Winter Wrap Up
- Rainbow Dash adopts Tank as her pet
- The Cake Twins are born
- Rainbow Dash goes to the Wonderbolts Academy
- Twilight Sparkle becomes an Alicorn
- Twilight Sparkle follows Sunset Shimmer into the Mirror (Equestria Girls 1)
- Rainbow Dash becomes a Wonderbolt Reserve
- Discord is reformed

Summer Year 2
- The Equestria Games are held in the Crystal Empire
- Summer Sun Festival with Celestia, Luna, and Twilight
- Pretty much everything in Season 4 (Keys!)
- Tirek is defeated

Fall Year 2
- Twilight Sparkle goes into the Mirror World again (Rainbow Rocks)
- Babs Seed gets her Cutie Mark
- Girls go to their second Grand Galloping Gala (Make Friends but Keep Discord)

Winter Year 2
- Tank goes into Hibernation

So what, does that mean Tank isn't coming back until Season 8 or something?
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't come back. The pets are rarely seen as it is.

On the other hand they could just apply cartoon logic to it and have him show up next episode. [/spoil]

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I'm not even gonna lie. I did not watch last week's episode. /blehCMC

I just wanted to remind ya'll that there will be no new episode this upcoming weekend (May 9th).

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
is the closest we will get to talking about death.

Sorry for the late reply, but I hope not. Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon need to be killed off, as I said many times before. They treat the CMCs like sh**. It's not like a Hasbro series hasn't killed off a character before (a generation ago, Optimus Prime was killed off on The Transformers, albeit only temporarily).

An00bis

Wicked Witch
That's nice.

Optimus Prime was killed off on The Transformers

That's not really death. That's more of an expectation from the franchise.

That's like saying Krillin dies in Dragonball/Z. A forgone conclusion.

... but to be a bit more serious, shows aimed for even younger audiences than Friendship is Magic have tackled death before. Sesame Street (for around 2-3 year olds) didn't really sugarcoat the subject when one of their actors died. Yeah. That doesn't mean we'll cover it in pony. That kind of thing seems not to be decided by the writers but by whoever holds the lisence so they dictate what can happen to their characters.

From a merchandising perspective it doesn't make much sense to kill off a character that can make them boatloads of money, so it's something we rarely see in shows that are made to push merchandise.

Status
Not open for further replies.