• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
because the two parter could be considered one whole episode, i guess. but then 3 should be in quotations shouldn't it?

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
The pilot is a two-parter... trust us when we say that the 3rd "episode" is amazing... because it is.

In my opinion, the third episode is where the series truly began, as the first two seemed like an entirely different show to me. Of course, according to the producers, that was apparently what the series was originally going to be like. Apparently, when the first two episodes were being produced, the series producers and Hasbro executives had an argument over what direction to take the show, one producer (Lauren Faust, believe it or not) wanted the ponies to be magical girls like Sailor Moon, and have them battle evil with the Elements of Harmony, another producer wanted a traditional slce of life show. We ultimatly got the slice of life show, but one can wonder what the series would have been like had the former option be taken and the mane six were magical fillies (here's looking at you fanfic writers). While I like the series the way it already is, I just cannot imagine Twilight Sparkle as a Sailor Moon expy, but it would have still been awesome either way...

Although to be fair, the "magical filly" premise the show was originally planned to have DOES make sense in a way (if you think about it hard enough). Lauren Faust is married to Powerpuff Girls creator Craig McCracken, and Craig originally intended Powerpuff Girls to be a parody of Sailor Moon, simply because he was tired of seeing Sailor Moon on Cartoon Network (he actually stated this in an interview), so yeah, this all traces back to when Sailor Moon aired on Cartoon Network.

In terms of favorite, it's a tie between Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy.

Masterge: Wow, that's actually REALLY interesting. I wonder if bronies would still exist if it took that route. Sounds like the "Discord" episode will be like that. (by what I hear anyway) Thanks a lot for sharing that info, really cool.

Kiddington

tralalaaaaaaaaaa
I saw the first two episodes and I'm having a really hard time figuring out what the fuss is about, it just seems like a regular kids show, like, seriously.
The pilot is awful. Like, seriously. If you're going to try and get into this show (or attempt to sell it to someone else, for that matter), heed this bit of sage advice; stay away from that episode.

Honestly, it's not very indicative to the type of show FiM really is. All of the episodes have a bit of a bit of an, ahem, girly theme to them (stating the obvious here, it is a girls show centering around colorful cartoon ponies, after all), but the pilot, in particular, is nauseatingly boring.

Don't judge the series just from that. Going with my standard episode suggestions that I usually send to the non-believers, try giving these a chance: "Feeling Pinkie Keen", "Over a Barrel", "Sonic Rainboom", and "A Dog and Pony Show". I'd recommend others, but I suggest starting here, first and foremost. These are a couple of my favorite episodes, and really showcase the witty writing, strong character development, and occasional touch of old-time slapstick humor that this series has to offer (none of which, coincidentally, is found in the pilot). After that, I'd also give "Stare Master" a chance as well, but not right away; the Cutie Mark Crusader episodes do tend to turn some people off, and although I like this one, I can why people wouldn't go for it.

All of these episodes are on Youtube, as far as I know. I'd post links, but... eh, not here. You can probably find them easily enough. Give some of those a chance, then get back to me. I'm sure that you'll find these more entertaining than the pilot, if nothing else.

Last edited:
All of these episodes are on Youtube, as far as I know. I'd post links, but... eh, not here. You can probably find them easily enough. Give some of those a chance, then get back to me. I'm sure that you'll find these more entertaining than the pilot, if nothing else.

I heard that Hasbro threw a fit recently and caused them to take the episodes off Youtube, but they might have been re-uploaded by now.

which shirt? there are many.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
Okay, so I got out of the shower this morning, and what would be on TV but My Little Pony. So I figured "Eh, this show is popular" so I watched it silently, and I thought it was cute and I liked it. Although I had the sound turned low. I wanted to tell my mom I had it on because A: It's something cute to look at, and B: It's a colt hit on the internet. *Rimshot* ...But I kind of didn't want her to know I was actually paying attention to it. ...I was on the computer at the time.

However, I don't want to make it part of my daily routine. It's still something I'm afraid to like.

Oh...I saw that commercial before. But since I haven't seen all the episodes I thought it just came from an episode I haven't seen yet in season 1. Too bad it didn't show much...I don't see why people are freaking out over it.

Guywhoiam

Dr. Researcher Man
Oh...I saw that commercial before. But since I haven't seen all the episodes I thought it just came from an episode I haven't seen yet in season 1. Too bad it didn't show much...I don't see why people are freaking out over it.

The freaking out is a little unnecessary, but it is still something to be excited for. At least in my opinion because it was for the FALL lineup, meaning season 2 is not too far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.