• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
^Twilight sacrificing herself to save everypony comes to mind, but that would probably be too dark for the target audience.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Is the next episode the last one? D: I thought we'd get at least as many as season 1! And yeah I think the best ending would be Twilight Sparkle becoming Princess. Although I have also wondered, why is there no Queen? You'd think Celestia would be the Queen, not the Princess.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'm pretty sure season 2 was comfirmed for 26 episodes.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
Yeah that sounds about right! It would have been horrible if the next was going to be the last episode. ): I need my weekly dose of ponies!

SurfingHaxorus

Don't worry there are more episodes coming. They will start to air again in January; they are just taking a break due to the hoiladays.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
RD is starting to get on my nerves. Her ego wasn't this big in season one.

ccangelopearl1362

Talk about a major convergence, especially one day before Christmas – and about one week before the end of 2011. This show first came to my attention sometime near late September to early October, and the various undercurrents I accessed to understand it more closely collided mere weeks later. I didn't want to either come out criticizing it at once or indulge in what I could consider excessive speculation, so I settled on giving it a chance to prove itself and define its own strengths and boundaries. To say that its various elements (no pun intended) astonished me would be the understatement of the year looking back… and that may be putting it mildly, upon even further reflection. I didn’t even realize that there were any past My Little Pony cartoons until I looked into this one’s background more extensively, which would probably be just as well. As it happens, one of the major events, so to speak, marking an increasingly positive assessment of this show on my part would have to be the video that I now consider my favorite commercial ever.:

YouTube: Equestria Daily: Equestria Girls

Who knew that Pinkie Pie’s singing voice actress would prove prophetic during that chorus? Of course, I haven’t mentioned the other main characters yet, but perhaps I’ll save them for another time. Suffice to say, though, that between the simplicity displayed in these ponies’ adventures and overall mission and the enthusiasm generated among their fans – among several other things I’ve learned in the course of studying this show as carefully as I could – My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is now the most prominent currently-active American cartoon running through my head, an impressive accomplishment, I think, for something that premiered only last year, if I remember accurately, but also a very positive counterpoint to other television programs that have guided my thought process these past several years, comparatively speaking.

Last edited:

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Jesus, the mods on ponychan really don't know what the hell they're moderating. It's ridiculous.

ccangelopearl1362

Jesus, the mods on ponychan really don't know what the hell they're moderating. It's ridiculous.

Ponychan? I’d call that development a major Internet storm if I ever heard of one, if what I learned there is anything to go by. At least the main characters themselves shouldn’t have too much difficulty determining their next adventure. The general reaction from the fans proved genuinely shocking running parallel to the events of the show, with the message found in the subtitle, as profoundly simple as I could imagine. The characters themselves are quite varied, with Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy’s personalities and experiences matching my own interests more readily than Rarity and Rainbow Dash’s, but I genuinely enjoy watching all of them, as well as Celestia and Luna, if in their own separate ways. The format for the first two episodes captured my attention in setting the tone for the rest of the story, perhaps summarized in Celestia's decree.:

Celestia: Why so glum, my faithful student? Are you not happy that your quest is complete and you can return to your studies in Canterlot?
Twilight: (looking glumly downward) That's just it. Just when I learned how wonderful it is to have friends, I have to leave them.
Celestia: (smiling in understanding) Spike, take a note, please. "I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville."
(Twilight's new friends gathering around her and cheering)
Twilight: Oh, thank you, Princess Celestia. I'll study harder than ever before.

One can guess how quickly I accepted this show into my memory once I finished those first two episodes, with Pinkie Pie's brand of exuberance closing the event rather handily... and the fans' stories already embedded there, as well.

Last edited:

MissDigitalis

love at first sting
I really like My Little Pony but I don't exactly like being swept up into part of the fandom. There's just something creepy about having that in common with other people. I feel like there's some kind of inside joke about it that I'm not getting.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I quite like being a fan, mainly because the worst people can say is that I'm a bit childish. I imagine it would be a lot weirder for the young men who watch the show. Anyway, the one thing I don't like about particular fans of the show is when they make the disturbing (sexual) images. That is just messed up. Keep the innocence!

ccangelopearl1362

I feel like there's some kind of inside joke about it that I'm not getting.

No need to worry. As I gathered my thought patterns to analyze this show more fully, I couldn’t resist instinctively wondering whether Japan might’ve just gained some competition, however friendly, in the cuteness department. Maybe that’s what I get for having concentrated on my past activities as thoroughly as I have, but then again, as I learned more about this show, every instinct that I had up until now was telling me that I should start supporting it. At this point, I find it safe to assume that I owe the members of the Codename: Kids Next Door Fan Forum – my other current preferred online hangout – some serious gratitude and commendation for openly discussing these ponies, especially those members who identified themselves as “bronies”, as referenced by Shannon Chan-Kent in “Equestria Girls”, setting me down the path to including it into my thought processes, with everything else I just described. If it helps, Ponychan may have actually been intended to counter the currents of negativity that have prevailed recently in certain areas of contemporary life, fulfilling the foundational premise behind the adventures of these equines and all of their companions and allies in the process… as tracked by the Wall Street Journal itself this past November.:

Wall Street Journal: Hey, Bro, That’s My Little Pony! Guys’ Interest Mounts in Girly TV Show

The comments were rather fun to observe, going back and forth about the show’s merits, all the more reason, I think, to keep a very close eye on My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

Ohshi

Banned from Club Penguin
If it helps, Ponychan may have actually been intended to counter the currents of negativity that have prevailed recently in certain areas of contemporary life

That's basically it in a nutshell. The show is so popular on the internet simply because it stands in stark contrast to the rather dark, peverted, cynical, anonymous nature of the internet. MLP is brighty colored, innocent, happy, and friendly.

Calamity™

aka Lamia
I'm also missing my weekly dose of Ponies! ): Three weeks is a bit much! I thought they were only missing the one. Anyway...

~Happy New Year Bronies~ ^_^

Venomfang

Perky Goth
What do they call New Year in Equestria?

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I've seen every My Little Pony: Friendship is agic episode. May I please join the discussion? My favorite pony is Pinkie Pie.

Status
Not open for further replies.