• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

My Little Pony : Friendship is Magic - Lets go to 2 : Electric Scootaloo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magiclapras

Dragon Goddess Flyder
Like Screw Loose or Pokey Pierce.

matt0044

My guess is that the only pony that could understand Pinkie is somepony equally insane.

Bet Rainbow Dash would be like, "Oh no, there's TWO OF THEM!"

matt0044

Hey, Shining Armor's joining the Mane Six. Neat, can't wait to see more of his character.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Hey, Shining Armor's joining the Mane Six. Neat, can't wait to see more of his character.

Where'd you hear that? That sounds like it'd ruin the show just as much as Rainbow having a coltfriend. Besides, what about Cadence? They are married, you'd think they'd be spending more time together. Celestia knows in any real marriage, the wife would make sure of that.

matt0044

Where'd you hear that? That sounds like it'd ruin the show just as much as Rainbow having a coltfriend. Besides, what about Cadence? They are married, you'd think they'd be spending more time together. Celestia knows in any real marriage, the wife would make sure of that.

He's there in the pic which I saw via the link that showed the S3 airdate announcement. Duh. Plus, he has his duties in the Royal Guard in addition to his husband responsibilities. BTW, how will he ruin the show?

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
I don't think he'll necessarily "ruin" the show, per se, but he may take away from some of the magic that makes up MLP: FiM. How so? If I recall correctly, the original audience was for little girls, and having a male main character would kind of ruin the original idea.

That's just my opinion, but who knows? Maybe he will be good as a main character.

I noticed some pages ago people were asking about the origins of their getting into the series, and because I decided to stop by today, I think I'll tell mine:

My younger sister (she's 15) got me into this show. Sometimes I would walk in her room and she would be watching the episodes online on YouTube. At first, when I discovered what it was, I backed out, but as I kept coming into her room, I found myself staying longer and longer until I watched my full first episode (and it's still one of my favorites to this day): Sonic Rainboom. I liked the way Rainbow Dash won the Best Young Flyers competition and managed to get her childhood bullies to quit messing with her.

Even then, I still didn't the entire series as a whole for a while. Ultimately, it was this video that got me fully into it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSBaaeaqHiE

I first saw this video back when I watched a YTPer named KeeperOfPorridge. I noticed he had entered into an MLP collab and decided to watch the whole thing. With YTPs, after seeing them for so long, I seek out the original sources. I've done this with different things from my childhood like Thomas the Tank Engine, Disney's Aladdin, Robin Hood, Beauty and the Beast, and others.

I must have watched the video in that link at least 20 times over a period of months before I finally decided to seek out the original sources referenced in the video. From there, the rest is history. I watched all the episodes that had been created up to the point that Season 2 was at (which was MMMystery on the Friendship Express at the time).

I eagerly await the start of Season 3 and am greatly excited.

Last edited:

matt0044

I don't think he'll necessarily "ruin" the show, per se, but he may take away from some of the magic that makes up MLP: FiM. How so? If I recall correctly, the original audience was for little girls, and having a male main character would kind of ruin the original idea.

That's just my opinion, but who knows? Maybe he will be good as a main character.

Actually, he's likely just playing a major role in the two parter premiere. He's not joining the Mane 6 as a major character and will likely still be a secondary character.

Sorry you misunderstood me.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

I don't mind having an extra male perspective in the series isn't what makes it a bad move, in fact I'd applaud that idea since there's too few important male characters in the series (there's like, what? Spike and Big Mac? That's not much, especially considering that Big Mac is a pony of few words). It's more problematic that they're trying to make him part of the Mane 6. Their friendship is the main focus of the series, to the point where it powers the very thing that's saved Equestria from certain doom twice so far. Shining seems like he'd interfere with that.

Actually, he's likely just playing a major role in the two parter premiere. He's not joining the Mane 6 as a major character and will likely still be a secondary character.

This makes more sense. Since Cadence has a major role in the season premiere, I'd expect Shining to be involved.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

I'm pretty sure everyone knew what you meant, I sure did.
It makes no sense for someone new to just join the Mane 6, out of nowhere.

overlordmewtwo

Supreme Overlord
matt0044 said:

Hehe... yeah, I kinda did. Sorry about that. Just goes to show you how a busy couple of weeks can make you pay less attention to details. :p

Jerda Foks

Ponyville Author
I don't think anybody really misunderstood. I mean, the reason the Mane 6 are the Mane 6 is because they represent the six Elements. There can't be a seventh main cast member without a seventh element, per say. (I know, I know, Spike is main cast, but just roll with it here).

I am looking forward to Shining and Cadence being in more episodes, and I hope they both still have the same VAs.

matt0044

I don't think anybody really misunderstood. I mean, the reason the Mane 6 are the Mane 6 is because they represent the six Elements. There can't be a seventh main cast member without a seventh element, per say. (I know, I know, Spike is main cast, but just roll with it here).

It seemed like you guys thought I mean that SA joining the mane six for the rest of the series when I really meant that he's joining them on the first two S3 episodes.

Floette

Fennekin
I agree that the Mane 6 need to remain the Mane 6. A male support character is fine, but I doubt he will be joining the Mane 6. A male character or character(s) would make the shippers happy, though.

Jerda Foks

Ponyville Author
I agree that the Mane 6 need to remain the Mane 6. A male support character is fine, but I doubt he will be joining the Mane 6. A male character or character(s) would make the shippers happy, though.

No kiddin'. I personally don't ship because I, as a rule, don't do the homosexual pairings. If there were more options, I'm sure I would, but that would almost take away from the purer friendship aspect of the show.

Time for a new topic, even though I'm sure it's been asked before: What are you anticipating most about S3?

I'm looking forward to a major Antagonist return. Chrysalis or Discord would be awesome (I heard rumors that Discord would be back, but I never found out if it was confirmed), but I'm not sure how I would feel about Nightmare Moon coming back. It would cool to see another one of the Mane 6 completely lose it like in Party of One and Lesson Zero. My vote would be for Dash.

matt0044

Nightmare Moon could return since it was an external force of magic that corrupted Luna.

Nightmare Moon could return since it was an external force of magic that corrupted Luna.

Yeah, I want to find out more about what exactly happened that created nightmare moon. I could see several potential plot points with the jealousy demon infecting somepony. Maybe one of the crusaders gets their cutie mark last and the third pony gets jealous (presumably Apple Bloom.) There's no way they're getting their cutie marks in season 3 though.

Dragon Trainer X

良い感じ!
My sister went and spoiled S3 even further by showing a new cast character, of which appears to be the antagonist of the new Crystal Empire.

Status
Not open for further replies.